Laura Bush: U.S. ready for a woman president

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Laura Bush, wife of President Bush, said Tuesday the United States is ready to have a woman president -- preferably a Republican.

She offered her opinion while touring an exhibit at the National Museum of Women in the Arts with Marta Sahagun de Fox, wife of Mexican President Vicente Fox, and Eliane Karp de Toledo, wife of Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo. The exhibit features archaeological finds from Mexico and Peru that show that, long before Europeans arrived, women served as warriors, governors, artists, poets and priestesses.

"They really show what a heritage we have in our hemisphere, a really very, very organized and intellectual society," Mrs. Bush said.

During an exchange with reporters, Mrs. Bush was asked if the United States was prepared to have a woman in the Oval Office.

"Sure, absolutely," she replied. "I'm voting for the Republican woman."

Mrs. Bush previously has expressed support for Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice for president, but Rice has said repeatedly she's not going to run.

So what do you think? Is America ready for a woman president? Why or why not? If not, how soon (if ever) will it be before we are ready?

Are we looking at Hilary 2008?

Shakyamunison
Sure, but a politician is a politician rather they are a woman or a man. So, in the end, it does not matter.

debbiejo
Not sure I'd like the president to be a woman.......pros and cons........

botankus
My vote: Jodie Foster
Vice President: Diane Lane

Wow, what a combo right there. I don't know how much stuff would get done but with their acting history, there's sure to be some killer Michael Moore documentaries abound.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Sure, but a politician is a politician rather they are a woman or a man. So, in the end, it does not matter. I agree. It dosent really matter the sex, it only matters how you run things around.

soleran30
I say vote Pamela Anderson she looks better then Bush and I am certain she would be better at using her mouth I mean words I mean words.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

Are we looking at Hilary 2008?

Hell no, anything but that old hag. If had to chose a woman for U.S. President I'll go with:

President: Jenna Jameson
Vice President: Tera Patrick

Yes! I'm serious...why lookin at my post like that?

Arachnoidfreak
Sure, have a woman in the White House. As long as her last name isn't Bush.

Or Cheney for that matter.

debbiejo
Though I'm not saying a women shouldn't be president..............I think it would mean many changes in the outlook of things..............Besides a president has many advisors to protect them..............lol.........yeah, that's what they're for............Could guard against pms KILLINGS.........LOL;

Darth Jello
Yeah, but not Hillary. She's definately a wolf in sheeps clothing. A total conservative nut.

PVS
i give a shit what laura bush says.

no seriously

i'm not being sarcastic

Darth Jello
she probably thought that up the same we she thought up all those supposed literary programs. She looked at what was snoring on the other side of the bed.

debbiejo
I never liked Hilary..........I don't know if it was her honesty or her secret-ism according to souces.............Just don't like her.

WrathfulDwarf
The minute she becomes U.S. President all video games in America will be burn...kinda like what they did with the books in Nazi Germany....oye!

Darth Jello
Well Bill Clinton was the greatest republican president we've ever had. (focussing on his policies and beliefs).

PVS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The minute she becomes U.S. President all video games in America will be burn...kinda like what they did with the books in Nazi Germany....oye!

are you sure you're not thinking of tipper gore?

Darth Jello
they're all PMRC members/founders

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well Bill Clinton was the greatest republican president we've ever had. (focussing on his policies and beliefs).

wasnt he a democrat...

Darth Jello
yeah, but he accomplished all of daddy bush's policys like nafta and gatt

WrathfulDwarf
I think he means a Democrat with the heart of Republican.

silver_stars
we r so ready for a woman president. im serious

PVS
I think he means a Democrat with the heart of Republican.

yes, a cold black heart which pumps not blood like yours or mine, but rather a thick black vomitous fluid which is the cause of their naziesque patterns of violent behavior

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by PVS
yes, a cold black heart which pumps not blood like yours or mine, but rather a thick black vomitous fluid which is the cause of their naziesque patterns of violent behavior

What the f**k? please..........

soleran30
Originally posted by PVS

LOL and your vigilance of the bleeding heart is pricelesssmile

Mr Parker
Yeha I think were ready for a woman president and im all for one.just not Hillary or Laura Bush.Their husbands both suck as presidents so why would they be any better? they wouldnt.

KidRock
We already had a woman president run for office..actually a lot of women ran for president already. Democrats are women..correct?

meep-meep
I think we could handle a women president. Honestly I think Hilary Clinton wouldn't be half bad. Though, in my opinion, there are a few better male candidates than her.

Also, does Laura Bush have any experience being a civil servant? I know she's been through college but other then that I don't know what she has for work experience.

BTW, good thread Kid.

Alpha Centauri

They'd seem likely to succeed.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I could see men disagreeing with them.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by meep-meep
Also, does Laura Bush have any experience being a civil servant? I know she's been through college but other then that I don't know what she has for work experience.

This is a perfect example of poor punctuation leading to a misunderstanding of meaning. The thread title's use of a colon is correct if it is a quote, but quotation marks should then be used to show that it is speech.

Here's the misunderstanding for simpletons who don't realise what I'm talking about:

meep-meep thinks the thread starter is offering Laura Bush as the first female president.

Woman president? Sure. The year is 2006, afterall...

Makedde
I don't want Laura Bush, she'd be as bad as her husband. I wouldn't mind Hilary Clinton. Anyone as long as it isn't Laura Bush or Oprah.

soleran30
oprah would ROCK free cars to everyone that votes!

Makedde
Hahahahaha, I'd vote for her only if I got a car out of it.

soleran30
Hell no, anything but that old hag. If had to chose a woman for U.S. President I'll go with:

Hey I bet they wouldn't suck............................or would they evil face

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by soleran30
Hey I bet they wouldn't suck............................or would they evil face

Been done slightly more subtly above.

debbiejo
Everybody sucks!!!!!!!!..............I thought that what we all talk about here.....hahaha

soleran30
damn slow on the uptake, oh well

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Makedde
I don't want Laura Bush, she'd be as bad as her husband. I wouldn't mind Hilary Clinton. Anyone as long as it isn't Laura Bush or Oprah.

what have you been smoking? Hillary would be worse than her husband was who one of the worst presidents ever.Oprah on the other hand,would be like kennedy and actually try and do things for the people and the counrty.

soleran30
LOL yes like Hilary's idea for healthcare reform.............use the same platform Native Americans have for their healthcare!

meep-meep
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
This is a perfect example of poor punctuation leading to a misunderstanding of meaning. The thread title's use of a colon is correct if it is a quote, but quotation marks should then be used to show that it is speech.

Here's the misunderstanding for simpletons who don't realise what I'm talking about:

meep-meep thinks the thread starter is offering Laura Bush as the first female president.

Woman president? Sure. The year is 2006, afterall...

AHH. I see the light now. Thanks Floo.

The reason I thought Kid was offering Laura Bush as the first U.S. president is because of his political preference...he is republican. Right? If I'm wrong then, anyone, feel free to correct me in the most insulting way possible please.

I guess I should have tried to deduce this all myself but hey I'm just a simpleton.doh

meep-meep
Oh wait a sec...Kid didn't even start this thread....hehehe...I 'm gonna go now.

meep-meep
Originally posted by soleran30
oprah would ROCK free cars to everyone that votes!

Would they be new cars? I don't want a shitty used one.

BackFire
I wouldn't have a problem voting for a woman, if she was satisfactory.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people will still hesitate to nominate and vote for a woman in this country.

StyleTime
Is the country ready for a woman president?

No.

DiamondBullets

Notice how that guy made the non-white one vice president.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by BackFire
if she was satisfactory.

Satisfactory....how?

You stallion...

BackFire
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Satisfactory....how?

You stallion...

*sigh* I guess it's expected of me now.

If she came down to my house and was inaugurated by giving me head.

There!

Capt_Fantastic

There!

Nope, I'm not going to consider a candidate "legitimate" unless she gave you head already...in an off election year.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

There!

Gives a new meaning to 'Head Of State'. Bada-bing!

BackFire
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Nope, I'm not going to consider a candidate "legitimate" unless she gave you head already...in an off election year.

I can't disagree with this line of thinking. In fact, I'm embarrased that I didn't think of it.

*High Five* ZING! Be proud of that one.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

Jenna is hotter than Tera...hands down..

Wesker
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

WTF? Talk about reading too much into casual choices...

Alpha Centauri

Wait, I give you gold and get jack shit, the crazy man makes a humourous quip and BackFire deals out high fives.

Forget this.

-AC

BackFire
Wait, I give you gold and get jack shit, the crazy man makes a humourous quip and BackFire deals out high fives.

Forget this.

-AC

Oh, sorry AC, I missed your "Succeed" joke. That was good.

*High Five*

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Oh, shit! I missed that. I had to say it a few times before I got it though. Good stuff.

My quip was more of one for the masses, whereas yours needed some thought, not to mention phonetic manipulation (although I just did...).

Thanks for my high-five, Backfire. It made me feel warm and delicate like a cloud (a warm one).

BackFire
Jenna is hotter than Tera...hands down..

I don't agree.

Alpha Centauri
It made me feel warm and delicate like a cloud (a warm one).

Why did the additional "(a warm one)" seem too hilarious?

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm the one of the left. Look at my little rosey cheeks...

http://www.isnt-that-cute-patterns.com/images/156.jpg

Hack Benjamin
I vote for whoever I think deserves to be voted for, based on several factors.

#1: Who seems smarter and stronger. (Stronger personality wise.)
#2: Who is more passionate. (Passion fuels The Force.)
And #3: The one who can actually tell the truth SOMEWHAT. (Comeon, Kerry claims to be Catholic but is pro-choice? I havn't heard a lie that obvious and offenssive sense Nixon claimed to not be anti-semetic..)

But Laura? No way, she's nice and all, (Kindof hot to..) but she doesn't exactly scream president matireal.. Infact, none of the women the media keeps trying to convince should try and run do, not even Condeleeza Rice, sure she may be smart and a good stradegist, but she seems more like someone by your side instead of giving orders. She's the Martian Manhunter in the Bush administration's JLU.. Sure things would fall apart without her, but she doesn't REALLY call the shots..

I'd nominate Ronald Regan before Laura..

Yes, I know he's dead..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.