car problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

benihana
my car is hard to steer at times.it just started this. when i turn the wheel or go around corners thats when its hard to steer. its not all the time yet. also i have a seatbelt light that is blinking because the seatbelt needs fixed and the light wasn't flashing for awhile the one day after this started. what do you think could be wrong?

ILoveMyDaniel
Power steering fluid?

Hit_and_Miss
There could be 1001 things wrong...

save us the time of guessing and just take it to the auto-shop... what ever the problem is they will need to fix it...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by benihana
my car is hard to steer at times.it just started this. when i turn the wheel or go around corners thats when its hard to steer. its not all the time yet. also i have a seatbelt light that is blinking because the seatbelt needs fixed and the light wasn't flashing for awhile the one day after this started. what do you think could be wrong?

The steering problem sounds to me like a fluid issue. Whats the model, make, year, and past problems.

The blinking light is either an electric problem or perhaps you have to push a button. Some later Japanese models require a button to push to turn off the belt light, to make sure youre paying attention. An annoying and unnessacary feature if you ask me.

Mindship
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085333/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091499/

debbiejo
Life is pure hell isn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Morgoths_Wrath
you should probably ask a mechanic...not us stick out tongue

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
you should probably ask a mechanic...not us stick out tongue

That would be me. But since I cant physically look at the car, yes, go to a mech.

Quiero Mota
benihana, Are you a man or a woman?

debbiejo
Why are you gonna over charger her?

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by debbiejo

laughing

Quiero Mota

No, and that made no sense--Im at a damn computer. But some one will attempt to because she's a woman.

Shop around and get atleast 4 estimates. And Im sure you have a couple friends who are grease monkeys, and they might be able to fix your problem.

Quiero Mota

And while I'm at it; we dont do repairs, esa. Its a performance and detail shop. We intsall performance parts, such as sway bars, nitrous, brake calipers, and even luxury features, such as hydraulics and undercarriage neon lights.

We also do paint jobs and minor paint details.

In case its not obvious, Im trying to HELP her.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

In case its not obvious, Im trying to HELP her.

haha, she was just joking

Hit_and_Miss
I'm thinking of getting some racing seatbelt pads... How much do you charge to fit them???

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I'm thinking of getting some racing seatbelt pads... How much do you charge to fit them???

Something very minor such as that, we would probably do for free (because we want you to come back). Just as long as you brought your own racing pad in, of course. Racing pads are pretty inexpensive at places such as Checkers and Auto Zone. You can get custom ones on the internet for under 30 bucks, homes.

So your a racer, huh? What do you drive? And what are you running under the hood, ese?

debbiejo
No, and that made no sense--Im at a damn computer. But some one will attempt to because she's a woman.
I am so confusing aren't I.....I was joking laughing out loud

debbiejo
edit

botankus
Replace your altenator with a starter. That should do it. If it's still not running, trim your timing belt with a pair of scissors until it's about 2mm wide for best results.

Hit_and_Miss
So your a racer, huh? What do you drive? And what are you running under the hood, ese?

nar I was joking....

But I'm interested to see what you would do with my car....

So heres a pic...
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/sreamin.deals.04/04.volvo.s40.500.jpg

Its a volvo s40, 1.6.... 106bph and its currently stock... (Only difference to the pic is mine is silver and the alloys are 6 spoke..)

PVS
yeah, who needs a mechanic? pfffffft...just go to kmc roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus

Seriously, get a mechanic to uninstall your brakes, then drive your car around for about 20 miles, and then get him to reinstall him. That should fix the problem we have here.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by botankus
Seriously, get a mechanic to uninstall your brakes, then drive your car around for about 20 miles, and then get him to reinstall him. That should fix the problem we have here.

I worry that I might hear a story...

INTERNET KILLER, CLAIMS HE WAS JUST JOKING

After reading the advice from a forum, local idiot has killed herself trying to repair her car...

botankus
Haha...only I'm not joking! shocking

PVS
laughing out loud

darwin hall of fame

meep-meep
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Power steering fluid?

That was my first guess too.

meep-meep
Um I guess nobodies talking about this guys car problems anymore...don't mind me. A day late and a dollar short. The story of my life.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by meep-meep
That was my first guess too.
yes

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
nar I was joking....

But I'm interested to see what you would do with my car....

So heres a pic...
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/sreamin.deals.04/04.volvo.s40.500.jpg

Its a volvo s40, 1.6.... 106bph and its currently stock... (Only difference to the pic is mine is silver and the alloys are 6 spoke..)

Thats a nice picture. Gun metal is one of my favorite car colors.

If you wanna make that baby street-worthy, then you definately need some hp-boosters under the hood, ese.

BackFire
Buy a new car.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
Buy a new car.

Thats not a bad idea, because often times, its equally expensive to soup-up the vehicle as it is to buy a new one altogether. Not only that, Volvo isnt exactly the fastest make on the market.

But if you like tinkering then there's nothing wrong with upgrading your wheels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.