Why is Hyperspace still going on?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I mean really? Why?

there is nothing left to hide on a pay and see basis. In terms of news: The movies are done, the video games are hit and miss, the TV show (who cares really to pay for info on that)

Star wars hype is over, I mean just look at the threads on this forum, including this one. sick

The only thing many of us are wondering is when the 6 movie box will come out and whats in it.

I guess the bigger question is: Who is actually paying for this stuff still?

It wasn't worth it when it was $19.99, and sure as shit its not at $39.99

SithDagger
I'm not really sure why its there.
Perhaps its because most people are stupid, and will keep paying for hyperspace.

I know I've never touched hyperspace, I just wait until what I want comes out.

Much easier that way :P

Darth Subjekt
Cause GL wants to continue to build stack of money and store it in his chins.

roughrider
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Cause GL wants to continue to build stack of money and store it in his chins. laughing
Well, at least he still has all his real hair.

Darth Subjekt
hmmm...he;s not only the president...he's also a client.

"Its ALL my REAL hair!!! No hair plugs!!! Whether Im swimming on Kamino, or sand surfing on Tattoine, my hair stays where its supposed to...on my neck...I..I mean head!"

Tangible God
Give it 30 years and we'll all be paying to get front row seats to Lucas's funeral, then there's the biography of the guy: " The Life Of Lucas... Or How He Got People To Pay For This Shit."

aj_vader
how can u mock george lucas?

the guy has entertained you for years with his movies

its not like hes holding you at gun point saying "BUY! HYPERSPACE!"

Dont let it get to you

henniestevens
Fact remains he is still making millions. And he already has more money then he can spend. Why should I, someone who has no money at the moment, pay hyperspace so he can watch to my money and do nothing with it. But this is not just Lucas, more rich people make more money than they can spend, just for the love of money...

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by aj_vader
how can u mock george lucas?

the guy has entertained you for years with his movies

don't let it get to you

I can mock GL the same way I can mock my favorite music artists...When they all first started whatever it is they do, thats when they had love for it. But after they got a taste of the money that they could get, they become greedy, and try to hoard as much money as they can.

Its just like eminem said, "and no I don't owe you a muthaF**kin thing." Gl doesn't owe us anything, and we sure as hell don't owe him anymore.
He doesn't owe it to us to give us the HYperspace content for free, and in turn, the smart ones don't owe it to him to give him $30 a month for stuff we'll find out for free later on.

It doesn't get to me at all, because like you said hes not holding a gun to my head, I just think its funny that a BILLIONAIRE (thats right, not just millions) whose creative wits were limited to one, six part movie, is that hard up for cash, just to ensure his fat ass daughters and little bratty son don't have to work when they get older, that he still tries to keep things "secret" from everyone unless, you're one of his "biggest fans" who is willing to pay money for information that will be divulged in a short time anyway.
To me its pathetic...what could you possibly do with all that money? Its just greed to me and i think its funny.

tlbauerle
Apparently THAT is what's worth paying for. Whoever thinks that is worth it...I certainly beg to differ.

Darth Subjekt
see.......greed. Trying to sell the past. Pathetic. Just when i thought GL couldn't look more like a douche.

SithDagger
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
see.......greed. Trying to sell the past. Pathetic. Just when i thought GL couldn't look more like a douche.

Dont blame GL, true it is his company, but thats like blaming the government for putting idiotic drivers on the streets.
Its not GL's fault, its the other people at lucasfilm.

chinabing
Here's an idea, if you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it.

Valharu
And leave GL penniless? Perish the thought.

aj_vader
Originally posted by chinabing

OMG THANKYOU!!!!

Someone who is also talking sense!

Sith Master X
What makes everyone think all the money goes to Lucas anyway? I love how people assume they know everything.

sithsaber408
HaHaha.....

You guys have almost the same sig.

But SMX's is better. (slightly) smile

Darth Subjekt
I dont buy it...and I didnt start this thread. But a question was asked and i gave my opinion. GL has final say over everything with his company. If something goes wrong, its on his shoulders.

Jedi Priestess
I imagine its much the same as everything else in life. If you have a product that people are still buying wouldnt you keep on selling it?
I seriously dont get what all the b!tching about Lucas is for. Every single one of us would keep on raking in the dough the same way he has if we are honest with ourselves.

Captain REX
Time for Rex to go through the thread and pick the best quotes!

Originally posted by aj_vader

Originally posted by chinabing

Originally posted by Sith Master X
What makes everyone think all the money goes to Lucas anyway? I love how people assume they know everything.

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I imagine its much the same as everything else in life. If you have a product that people are still buying wouldnt you keep on selling it?
I seriously dont get what all the b!tching about Lucas is for. Every single one of us would keep on raking in the dough the same way he has if we are honest with ourselves.

You four get Rex-shaped peanut butter cookies.

KENobi™
*points and laughs at everyone in this thread who are uninformed*

Hyperspace is not just exclusive web content. Included with the price is the regular Star Wars Fan Club membership to get the Insider Magazines, and other stuff in the mail, at a cheaper price than on newsstands.

THAT'S why Hyperspace is still featured on the web, and they are trying to find things to use it for.

Sans_Fi
kmc comunity FORUMS

come on people, stop saying "if you dont like it, dont buy it" "if you hate star wars dont watch the movie" and of course the "lets see if you could have done it better" , this is a forum, let people complain and give their opinion.

Darth Subjekt
thank you.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sans_Fi
kmc comunity FORUMS

come on people, stop saying "if you dont like it, dont buy it" "if you hate star wars dont watch the movie" and of course the "lets see if you could have done it better" , this is a forum, let people complain and give their opinion.

OK and you show up daily and read it over, and over and over again DEAL?

InfiniteDY
A few additional questions:

Will Hyperspace eventually be done away with?

Is it actually making enough money to be worth paying the employees that maintain it?

And...

Aren't we all glad we ripped Lucas off a year ago instead of paying for that content?

I know I am! happy

(I haven't rewatched any of that stuff since)

sithsaber408
Hey can anbody post the hyperspace doc "The Journey"?

I am curious to see it.

sithsaber408
BUMP. zorro

Anybody?

PVS
NO!!! eek!

sithsaber408
Please? sad

Thorinn
Originally posted by PVS
NO!!! eek! laughing out loud

PVS
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Please? sad

well....since you asked nicely...

NO!!!

Thorinn
I went to the site where it's at, and you have to be a member.

sithsaber408
Yeah I know, I was hoping somebody on here had a link to it, or had it available to download.

I never got to see it, and was wondering if it was any good.

Da preacher
I always found Hyperspace useless.

kingkman
Yeah could someone also post bane of the sith or provide a link. It would be much appreciated.

Julie
it's always all about the money

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.