Kyle Katarn(Jedi knight 2) v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2D_MASTER
Ok this one is a bit unusual. But who would you think would win in match. Kyle Katarn from Jedi Knight 2. or Dante from devil may cry 2. IN a sword duel.

rules :NO weapons allowed except:
Kyle -Light saber
dante -vendetta sword(any other sword would be melted by a lightsaber)

They are able to use thier powers. IE kyle has all his powers availible at the end of game, max levels. So does Dante.

Wetari
i like pie

MadMel
Originally posted by Wetari
i like pie
STOP SPAMMING!!! it aint funny mad
i think dante takes this, he is by far more durable than kyle.

Dark-Kenshin
Kyle Katarn wins by far.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Kyle Katarn wins by far.

I think Kyle would win too, but could you give you arguments on why you think so?

Dark-Kenshin
Hmm. Lets see now. Lightsabers are capable of cutting through doors within the gigaton and megaton range. Jedi are capable of deflecting a large amount of projectiles moving at the speed of light.

Not that the above would defeat Dante, but they would provide excellent defense. Dante loses, because Katarn has mastered both sides of the force. Light and dark. So he just has too many ways to win. I like Dante just as much as I like Kyle, but I just don't see a way for Dante to win. Sure, I see him lasting for a long time, but that's it. He has no offensive advantage here.

2D_MASTER
Dammit who the hell voted and did'nt post?!?!

2D_MASTER
Sorry for double posting. But I'd just like to say why I think Kyle would win. As said before, Kyle has mastered both sides of the force. this means that he pretty much has mastered every single Jedi and Sith power known in the star wars universe. Kyle has also mastered 3 styles of Jedi Light Saber Combat. Plus this guy have tons of sword play experience.

kamikz
um...no, Kyle has not nearly mastered every force power. He hasen't even practised for a long time, he hasen't got to many. There are alot secret, forgotten, to advanced force powers that he doesen't know/can't do.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by kamikz
um...no, Kyle has not nearly mastered every force power. He hasen't even practised for a long time, he hasen't got to many. There are alot secret, forgotten, to advanced force powers that he doesen't know/can't do.

Erm what are you talking about Kyle, went though the valley of the Jedi, so all his force powers and skills came back to him. And he pretty much does have every single force power known. Tell me which ones he doesnt have besides,emerald lighting, there wont be many.

kamikz

2D_MASTER

kamikz
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
All the shit you just mentioned are FEATS, done by luke sywalker and other extremely powerfull Jedi/Sith. Most of the feats you listed, such as Dominating the ind of Jedi Sith, are just ways to apply things such as the Jedi Mind manipulation, which Kyle has. Freezing people with time, wtf? You mean force speed? Kyle can do that. And blowing up a star? wtf who ever did that? and I never said Kyle was "indestructibely powerfull". I mererly whated that he has almost every force power known to the star wars universe. Which is true , if it showed up in the star was movies, he can do it, As for the expanded universe, you named 2 NON REDUNDANT force powers, good job. Anyways you really should pay attention to what i said before responding.

You need to read up on SW if your calling everything I say shit.

Luke thaught this incredible "feat" to Kyp Durron who performed it excellently. Kyle has not proven to be able to do it. So either he is weaker tan Kyp by not being able to perform it or he just doesen't know the technique. Either way he is not able to perform that power.
Kyle can't manipulate the minds of siths and jedis, just weak minded.
Exar Kun froze thousands of peoples.
Naga Sadow blew up a star.
WTF. If it's in the movie he can do it? Proof. And so what, there are alot of EU force powers he cannot do, which is what you're arguing since you said, every force power in the Galaxy.

You should pay attention to what your saying yourself. Where is the proof that Kyle knows every forcepower? Gameplay?
Do you seriousley think Kyle learned a force lightning so powerful it was on par with Sidious in the matter of DAYS without having a trainer? "But the vally of the jedyy". The Valley doesen't give you experience or force powers, only potential.
Do you think Jaden mastered force lightning on par with Sidious in the matter of days?? He didn't even have the Valley.
The only powers Kyle has cannonically showed is grip, jump, push and pull probably, the rest is gameplay. Would you think the game was fun with 4 force powers to choose from?

Seriousley, if Kyle knew every single force power Luke had been studying under Kyle not vice versa.

And what's the point in arguing if all you wanted to say is that Kyle knows every force power in the Galaxy? Was it just a random fact? If he did he would be all powerful, but he is not and you even agreed on this. I would put him on par with Dooku or little above at most. So either way this won't help Kyle, especially since even if he did know every force power (which he does not) he would be able to use all, especially not to it's fullest power.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by kamikz
You need to read up on SW if your calling everything I say shit.

Luke thaught this incredible "feat" to Kyp Durron who performed it excellently. Kyle has not proven to be able to do it. So either he is weaker tan Kyp by not being able to perform it or he just doesen't know the technique. Either way he is not able to perform that power.
Kyle can't manipulate the minds of siths and jedis, just weak minded.
Exar Kun froze thousands of peoples.
Naga Sadow blew up a star.
WTF. If it's in the movie he can do it? Proof. And so what, there are alot of EU force powers he cannot do, which is what you're arguing since you said, every force power in the Galaxy.

You should pay attention to what your saying yourself. Where is the proof that Kyle knows every forcepower? Gameplay?
Do you seriousley think Kyle learned a force lightning so powerful it was on par with Sidious in the matter of DAYS without having a trainer? "But the vally of the jedyy". The Valley doesen't give you experience or force powers, only potential.
Do you think Jaden mastered force lightning on par with Sidious in the matter of days?? He didn't even have the Valley.
The only powers Kyle has cannonically showed is grip, jump, push and pull probably, the rest is gameplay. Would you think the game was fun with 4 force powers to choose from?

Seriousley, if Kyle knew every single force power Luke had been studying under Kyle not vice versa.

And what's the point in arguing if all you wanted to say is that Kyle knows every force power in the Galaxy? Was it just a random fact? If he did he would be all powerful, but he is not and you even agreed on this. I would put him on par with Dooku or little above at most. So either way this won't help Kyle, especially since even if he did know every force power (which he does not) he would be able to use all, especially not to it's fullest power.

Hahaha, Woah settle down there Star wars boy. ANyways if you read what I said I said Kyle has amlost every single force power in the star wars universe. what dont you understand about that "almost!", i never meantion he was "all powerfull"? Yeah he has the majority of them, you only named like 4 (i'll say 4 so you can feel happy), he didnt have, again, nice job.
Anyways , back to the original battle. This match is in a GAMES forum hence "Kyle Katarn (jk2)!!" in the header, so you saying "errrr, duh, duh, but he cant do all this stuff that is in the Expanded Universe...blah blah blah" , thats totally irrelevant. But he pretty much has all the powers that are availible to a star wars Jedi in the GAMING universe. So if you want to b@tch and moan and try and claim the throne as " the ultimate star wars nerd" , be my guest, just dont do it on a gaming forum. Im shure you will have a reply, so go ahead, blast me or whatever, I have better things to do that argue about star wars movies and books with a PO'ed fanboy, especially when I am talking about video games.

kamikz
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Hahaha, Woah settle down there Star wars boy. ANyways if you read what I said I said Kyle has amlost every single force power in the star wars universe. what dont you understand about that "almost!", i never meantion he was "all powerfull"? Yeah he has the majority of them, you only named like 4 (i'll say 4 so you can feel happy), he didnt have, again, nice job.
Anyways , back to the original battle. This match is in a GAMES forum hence "Kyle Katarn (jk2)!!" in the header, so you saying "errrr, duh, duh, but he cant do all this stuff that is in the Expanded Universe...blah blah blah" , thats totally irrelevant. But he pretty much has all the powers that are availible to a star wars Jedi in the GAMING universe. So if you want to b@tch and moan and try and claim the throne as " the ultimate star wars nerd" , be my guest, just dont do it on a gaming forum. Im shure you will have a reply, so go ahead, blast me or whatever, I have better things to do that argue about star wars movies and books with a PO'ed fanboy, especially when I am talking about video games.

Geez you're the one who started with the insults, just stop with it too ok.
You never answered to me about Kyle having every power in JK2 because of gameplay. "Buts its a gams forunm". In a games forum you put characters in a game vs eachother, that doesen't mean you have to input the part where Kyle can take 20 blaster bolts to the head too. God...

Yeah you go away, I don't care. And if you call me "the ultimate Star Wars nerd" because you lost in a debate against me about Kyle having every power then you're really the one whining, and you're the only one here being a *****. You have no need to insult me, I never did any personal comments to you until you started it.

So you don't like Star Wars at all eh? Or do you just think it's fun to call anyone who knows more than you "The Ultimate Star Wars nerd"?? If you don't know shit then stop acting like you do.

There I blew you away with my reply. But you don't care do you....

DarthBanevv
Kyle Katarn. I believe a Durasteel blastdoor is far more durable than a sword, even a powerful one. And like 2D said he has mastered many force powers. I am not going to say almost every force power. And one more thing there is a lot of KotOR powers the Kyle does not have and some that he does. But comparing Kyle to Revan is just foolish, because we both know who would win in a fight.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
Kyle Katarn. I believe a Durasteel blastdoor is far more durable than a sword, even a powerful one. And like 2D said he has mastered many force powers. I am not going to say almost every force power. And one more thing there is a lot of KotOR powers the Kyle does not have and some that he does. But comparing Kyle to Revan is just foolish, because we both know who would win in a fight.

Thanks for keeping to the Games. I think kyle has way to many force powers and saber skills( like saber throw) that would just overwhem powerfull Dante, in the End. Dante most likely wouldnt know how to deal with the many powers Kyle has.

MadMel
sparda form'll pwn kyle, whos nowhere near fast or strong enough to match all of sparda's powers....and WTF is with the lighspeed projectiles. blaster bolts and what have you DO NOT move at lightspeed. if they did, we wouldnt be able to see them im the movies like we do. lightspeed means doing 7 laps of earth in 1 second. kyle is nowhere near that speed. nor is dante..hes fast enough to cut individual raindrops, but he aint at lightspeed. since dante probably wont be able to go sparda in this fight, kyle will probably win, if sparda is available, then dante will win.

Sparkz
So how would dante loose exactly, I realy can't see it sure kyle could prob cut through his sword and stab him but the amount of times dante has been shot stabbed and cut and healed instantaniosly do you realy think he can be taken down by a mere jedi.

ESB - 1138
Star Wars fanboyism at its finest. The only Jedi character I can think of that can take down Dante would have to be Ragnos.

DarthBanevv
Oh, come on. You actually believe that? Are you serious? I think we have a simillar case of fanboyism going around. Not just Star Wars fanboyism, either.

ESB - 1138
Sparda, Devil Trigger. Face it Dante can freeze time. What does Kyle do when he can't do anything? Kyle is a good Jedi but Dante can surely beat him.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Sparkz
So how would dante loose exactly, I realy can't see it sure kyle could prob cut through his sword and stab him but the amount of times dante has been shot stabbed and cut and healed instantaniosly do you realy think he can be taken down by a mere jedi.

i dont think that Kyle would just cut him up a little, and stab him. Kyle would most likely tap into his darker side and hack Dante to pieces if he had the chance, while other Jedi would try and be mercifull.

Sparkz
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Star Wars fanboyism at its finest. The only Jedi character I can think of that can take down Dante would have to be Ragnos.

Thank you it just dosent seem likly a lightsabre could kill him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.