The Nomad Chronicles (a series of shorts add up to one big story)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knightfall93
Ignore this and read my 2nd post, it's the spell checked and revised version...

The landlord glared across the bar at the traveller conceiled in the dark green hooded cloak.
"We don' like Northmen and foreigners o'er here, stranger... geddoutta my tavern, 'less yer goin' ter pay fer that beer!"
The man glanced up at the barman from his pint of ale:
"I'm no Northener... nor do I know my home of origin. I do not appreciate impolite welcomes!"
"Don' mek me call the sheriff, traveller, he dun't take nicely ter bein' woken at this time o' night! So clear off if'n yer knows what's good for ye..."
The traveller turned slowly, rose and walked to the door, pausing as he reached for the handle...
"Be careful how you speak to foreigners, a lot of queer people come from foreign lands!"
And he was gone, striding down the street of the small town of Wynn, towards the next inn. A sign hang form its door, The Green Dragon Inn, Providing Housing and Service for 25 Years".
He creaked the door open and there was an eery hush as he stepped inside... the ,man walked up to the bar:
"I wish to stay in your finest room tonight." The other drinkers eyed the newcomer cautiously...
"And who'll I be puttin' yer down as?" Growled the one-eyed bartender, producing a dusty registration book, "I need a name and an address to find ye!"
"My name... I am merely known as The Nomad. I have no home... no memory!" Muttered the stranger and he sat down at a table. A frail old man with a long grey beard and shaggy hair sat opposite Nomad. He wore rags and leaned heavily on an oaken staff...
"@Tis'nt wise ter be upsettin' Old Tom in the Hounds Tavern, stranger. I'd be careful in Wynn if I were ye, there be worse'n mere townsfolk 'ere!"
"I don't need advice, I've survived many years without it!" replied the Nomad, handing a pile of coins to the bartender, who lead him up to the best room in the inn...
The Nomad threw his cloak onto a chair and the landlord took a fascinated stare at him. The Nomad was 40-ish, with short greying hair and a stubbly chin. He wore a tunic with a foreign- looking shield-shaped crest on it. Two dragons, facing each other, with a beautiful sword... were had the bartender seen that before?
The Nomad bid the inn keeper good night and fell fast asleep...
Nomad woke with a start, snatching up his bedside candlestick. There was a scratching sound at the window... then the lights went out! There was a creak of a floorboard and the eery reflection of a raised dagger, the light of the mirror!
The Nomad yelled out....
.................................................................................................
I know it seems to be told very impersonally so far, but in Post 2, this story should get interesting, and this is only Tale 1 of the Nomad chronicles, after all!

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Knightfall93
OK, this is Part 1 of the Introductory tale to the Nomad Chronicles, and I guess it'll be by far the least interwsting, exciting etc part, I should thiink the worst in every way! Just stick with it for a little while and the Nomad's adventures will get very interesting. Pleae post CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms or, indeed, praise...
........................................................................................................The landlord glared across the bar at the traveller conceiled in the dark green hooded cloak.
"We don' like Northmen and foreigners o'er here, stranger... geddoutta my tavern, 'less yer goin' ter pay fer that beer!"
The man glanced up at the barman from his pint of ale:
"I'm no Northener... nor do I know my home of origin. I do not appreciate impolite welcomes!"
"Don' mek me call the sheriff, traveller, he dun't take nicely ter bein' woken at this time o' night! So clear off if'n yer knows what's good for ye..."
The traveller turned slowly, rose and walked to the door, pausing as he reached for the handle...
"Be careful how you speak to foreigners, a lot of queer people come from foreign lands!"
And he was gone, striding down the street of the small town of Wynn, towards the next inn. A sign hang form its door, The Green Dragon Inn, Providing Housing and Service for 25 Years".
He creaked the door open and there was an eery hush as he stepped inside... the ,man walked up to the bar:
"I wish to stay in your finest room tonight." The other drinkers eyed the newcomer cautiously...
"And who'll I be puttin' yer down as?" Growled the one-eyed bartender, producing a dusty registration book, "I need a name and an address to find ye!"
"My name... I am merely known as The Nomad. I have no home... no memory!" Muttered the stranger and he sat down at a table. A frail old man with a long grey beard and shaggy hair sat opposite Nomad. He wore rags and leaned heavily on an oaken staff...
"@Tis'nt wise ter be upsettin' Old Tom in the Hounds Tavern, stranger. I'd be careful in Wynn if I were ye, there be worse'n mere townsfolk 'ere!"
"I don't need advice, I've survived many years without it!" replied the Nomad, handing a pile of coins to the bartender, who lead him up to the best room in the inn...
The Nomad threw his cloak onto a chair and the landlord took a fascinated stare at him. The Nomad was 40-ish, with short greying hair and a stubbly chin. He wore a tunic with a foreign- looking shield-shaped crest on it. Two dragons, facing each other, with a beautiful sword... were had the bartender seen that before?
The Nomad bid the inn keeper good night and fell fast asleep...
Nomad woke with a start, snatching up his bedside candlestick. There was a scratching sound at the window... then the lights went out! There was a creak of a floorboard and the eery reflection of a raised dagger, the light of the mirror!
The Nomad yelled out....
.................................................................................................
I know it seems to be told very impersonally so far, but in Post 2, this story should get interesting, and this is only Tale 1 of the Nomad chronicles, after all!

Knightfall93
section 2 is the REVISED VERSION!

The Black Ghost
I see a LOTR resemblance... Green dragon Inn... Nomad- strider. Old Tom... Interesting though.

Knightfall93
(that's just becaue I cant do intros, soon it should be a very different story...)
THE INTRODDUCTORY TALE/ PART 2

The Nomad leapt forwards... and a flame blinded him momentarily, then he saw the sneering figure of the one- eyed barman, standing with a tray of porridge, bacon, egg, mushrooms, sausages and a goblet of ale. He placed the cutlery onto the tray...
"Yer wan'ed ter be woken early, foreigner?" Growled the landlord, "'Tis anhour afoere dawn. I brought ye an early breakfast, ye payed fer it in those coins, whether ye knew it or not!"
Nomad's head was spinning... he felt ill... and had a feeling someone was watching him... other than the one-eyed barman. He spun round, ssnatching up the knife and saw... the olld man who warned him about Old Tom!
Now the ma stood tall, majestic in his robes...
"You are the one who calls himself Nomad, are you not? You are in great peril for you... are the Chosen One. The One who must destroy that scourge with besets my home of Holy Isle! I need you... and there you may uncover your destiny!"
"And I'm suppoosed to believe someone who broke into my room in the middle of the night!? A COMPETE STRANGER!?" Rage was pulsing through Nomad now, and he raised the knife... then he heard a terrible howl!
"The Eastern Wolves of Brengar. They are lead by the dark priests who worship the Scourge of Holy Isle... they worship Infernno, the Chaos Dragon!"
The door erupted as 3 huge wolf-like beasts smashed in, followed by 2 red robed priests with firey staffs! The Nomad stared in horror... and dived from the window! He hit the ground head on... and knew no more!
The Nomad saw a familiar, pretty, middle aged woman. Then came the wolves... the camp was burning! His parents... they were dead! And the sword, it was a beautiful broadsword with a black pommel stone, splashed into the dark lake! There were screams, yells, bellows,and Nomad woke up with a start!
"So we have found you.." came an accented voice and a ddark skinned man in a purple robe and turban stepped into the light, "You will make a most excellent sacrifice to our master, Inferno, God and Scourge of Holy isle!"
.....................................................................................................
I hope that's starting to imrove... I'm going to really think and plan ahead with the next bit, try to get it much better! Hpefully less LOTR references from now though! A part or 2 more should conclude the Introductory Tale and the real adventures begin!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.