Darth Maul and Asaaj Ventress vs. Mace Windu (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
Setting is a flat, grassy, plain.

1) Saber combat only.

2) Force only.

3) No sabers (unarmed fight, can use force powers, but give it a Hollywood feel, with most of the action on hand to hand combat, with the occasional force push. Sorry if you don't like this one, I was hoping you would get what I was trying to say.)

4) Anything goes (as long as it's personal combat. I need to specifically exclude ships and the like or else a moron may say something idiotic).

zephiel7
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Setting is a flat, grassy, plain.

1) Saber combat only.

2) Force only.

3) No sabers (unarmed fight, can use force powers, but give it a Hollywood feel, with most of the action on hand to hand combat, with the occasional force push. Sorry if you don't like this one, I was hoping you would get what I was trying to say.)

4) Anything goes (as long as it's personal combat. I need to specifically exclude ships and the like or else a moron may say something idiotic).

1) Mace wins. He was winning against the ROTS Sidious, he completed the Juyo form, (proof of his skill with saber), he is black (physically stronger than most human beings/droids j/k), along with Yoda was the best duelists the order could muster (he was quite the outlier)

Maul was not too great being beaten by TPM Kenobi. Sure Maul was arrogant, but it still does not look good on his resume. Ventress pretty much lost in every fight she ever fought against another force user. Plus Mace beat her once, he could do so again.

2) Mace wins. He was immune to Sidious's lightning. I am guessing he would toss large objects at them until they died.

3) OMG mace pwns.

4) Mace pwns again

jedi_tek
1)Mace
2)Mace
3)Mace
4)Mace

jollyjim311
You really think Mace could beat Maul and Ventress in an unarmed fight?

tdtd
Once again, he's black.

Faunus
1) Mace, easily.
2) Mace, easily.
3) Mace, easily.
4) Mace, WTFpwnage.

Fishy
Originally posted by Faunus
1) Mace, easily.
2) Mace, easily.
3) Mace, easily.
4) Mace, WTFpwnage.

jedi_tek
especially in an unarmed fight. Ever see mace punch in and army of dura steel droid? I have.

Faunus
Yep. Ever seen Mace land half a dozen blows in a fraction of a second? I have.

jollyjim311
Well, this is ROTS Mace, not Clone Wars, the one who can't high jack a droid using the wires to steer, the one who can't force crush hundreds of droids by looking mad, and, unfortunately for him, the one who can't punch through durasteel droids at speeds that are unfathomable.

jedi_tek
well thats no fair because asajj ventress is only in the cartoons so why cant we use mace from the cartoons.

Faunus
It's also post-Shatterpoint Mace, in which Mace does attack at obscene speeds, with obscene levels of strength and skill.

Faunus
Originally posted by jedi_tek
well thats no fair because asajj ventress is only in the cartoons so why cant we use mace from the cartoons.

She's also in CD, DR, and about half a dozen different comic series.

jedi_tek
point is that mace in the cartoons is based the same person as in the movies so he could have done that in the movies but it would be cheaper to do it in the cartoons.

zephiel7
some times I think Mace's fists are stronger than a lightsaber

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Faunus
1) Mace, easily.
2) Mace, easily.
3) Mace, easily.
4) Mace, WTFpwnage.

Captain REX
1) No question, Windu is a superior swordsman to both.
2) Again, I doubt Maul and Asajj can match him in the Force.
3) Now THIS would be a martial arts fight to watch. Mace takes it of course, but it would be very interesting to watch.
4) Overall, Mace pwns.

Darth_Frobo
This isn't much of a competition, we've got mace a jedi master, lightsaber prodigy who invented his own form then proceeded to kick all manners of ass with it, against maul and ventress both of which never won a single dual.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Captain REX
3) Now THIS would be a martial arts fight to watch. Mace takes it of course, but it would be very interesting to watch.

Good, at least we have gotten this far. Has anyone read any Maul comics? He has some very impressive martial arts feats. I assume Asaaj would aid him significantly, also. I give them a very, very, good chance in this one (but still need to look into it more).

I think Maul is usually very overrated or very underrated on these forums. People need to remember, Maul was Sith. He wasn't just some guy with face paint, black robes, 2 lightsabers, and some duct tape. He mastered every physical art and completed every task his master asked of him (save his last one, that is) through his prowess. He was trained to be a weapon and a weapon he was. I'm sorry if I sound preachy.

I haven't read shatterpoint though, so could someone please sum up what he did barehanded? I've heard some stuff, but never all of it in one sitting. Thank you.

tdtd
Maul never faced anyone of Mace's stature.

jollyjim311
Qui-Gon was said to have saber skills that rivaled Mace during TPM... but that was in the novel, and it doesn't sound quite right. I'm just throwing that out there. And there would be no "pwning" in these fights. Winning, but not with ease.

Another thing: Did Mace have any impressive feats using the force in any novels? I haven't heard of any.

tdtd
Apparently he did in Shatterpoint. Show me where in the novels it was stated that Qui Gon was anywhere on par with Mace?

jollyjim311
I don't have the book with me right now, sorry. But that's what I've heard.

tdtd
Oh so you didn't actually read it.. Ok well I am 99% sure it wouldn't say that.

jollyjim311
Maybe someone who has read it recently or has a good memory will intervene...? Please.

Blaxican_Jedi
Originally posted by tdtd
Once again, he's black.

Exactly. He would win the sabre fights because hes black to. After all hes Shaft .

darthsith19
The duo, each are incredible with lightsabers and imo could beat Mace

Neither Maul nor Asajj are incredible with the Force so Mace could probably win but itd probably be close.

Mace takes them with the Force, just like in #2.

Hmm... which Asajj is this? Obsession?

darthsith19
Originally posted by tdtd
Apparently he did in Shatterpoint. Show me where in the novels it was stated that Qui Gon was anywhere on par with Mace?
TPM novel suring the duel between Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I haven't read shatterpoint though, so could someone please sum up what he did barehanded? I've heard some stuff, but never all of it in one sitting. Thank you.

At one point, Mace fights bare-handed against Kar Vastor, an untrained but powerful Force-user (power on the level of Yoda). Mace hit him six times before Vastor could focus his eyes.

"Did Mace have any impressive feats using the force in any novels?"

In Shatterpoint, he triggered a land-slide to dam up a lava flow. He then used the Force to hold the land-slide in place.

Maul & Ventress are good, but neither of them are on Mace's level. In all four scenarios, he wins. They'd put up a good fight, but he still wins.

Moff Tarkin
TPM novel. Qui-Gon was on par with Mace.

But the novel is bullcrap though. Mace wasn't really hyped until AotC.

Edit: darthsith beat me to it, damn

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
The duo, each are incredible with lightsabers and imo could beat Mace

How? He tooled Sora and Asajj back-to-back. . .

It wouldn't be close, really.

Or, he could shatter both of their skulls at the same time with his bare hands.

Does it make a difference? Didn't think so.

Maestro
Windu in all 4 scenarios.

Tarvos
Yep...

Captain REX
Jollyjim, I know Maul is an amazing fighter. Hence I said it would be a brilliant fight to watch. But still, he does not really fight anyone of great power or skill in the comics or books, though he pwns everyone in those.

Darth_Glentract
Uh, Rex, are you forgetting about Kar Vastor?

Captain REX
Huh? What does Kar Vastor have to do with Maul?

Tarvos
Much. raver

darthsith19
He fought one and then right after fought the other. That's completely different, Mace could do that for Maul/Asajj for sure. Both at once'd be alot harder, plus Sora was injured and Asajj had already fought what? Three Jedi? And it was near the beginning of the Clone Wars, when Asajj wasn't that strong yet.

Probably not, but maybe.

Council#13
Mace wins all

Darth_Frobo
How can we say that either of these could beat mace, in anything? Mace was a jedi master who won many duels and battles and created his own form, he beat sidious in lightsaber combat, against maul who got killed by a tpm obi and assaj who lost to anakin like 3 times.

PurpleSaber
I know that this won't mean much when you look at my name and sig, but Mace pwns all 4 times.

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
He fought one and then right after fought the other. That's completely different, Mace could do that for Maul/Asajj for sure. Both at once'd be alot harder, plus Sora was injured and Asajj had already fought what? Three Jedi? And it was near the beginning of the Clone Wars, when Asajj wasn't that strong yet.

They wouldn't be able to attacks him at the same time without:

A) Taking turns.
B) Hacking eachother apart.
C) Having Mace pull a Dooku.

One of them is using a double-bladed saber, while the other is using a pair of twin lightsabers; both of their styles require acrobatics and space, neither of which will be possible if they both try to attack the Jedi simultaneously. And since that means they'll have to do letter A, Mace is going to rip them apart.

Not against Mace. . .

Guy LeDouche
1. Mace.
2. Mace.
3. Mace.
4. Mace.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.