Who Betrays the Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
If the rumours are to be beleived then a member of the Jedi Council from TPM knows that the balance of the force is turning in favour of the Sith and so he betrays the Jedi. Who will it be? It can only be 4 people. Kai-Adi Mundi, Yoda, Obi-Wan or Mace Windu. My money is on Mace.

Dim
I think it will be Obi-Wan, not intentionally, but I think he and Anakin will get conned into doing something by Palpatine. I the guilt will be why he choses to stay near Luke and watch over him. In some way I think he know's it's the only way he can set things right.

King Jedi
I think Mace Windu because he is the Jedi council member which we know least about and Obi- Wan will be involved with the main Anakin story line.

UnknownBountyHunter
Obi-wan isn't a member of the Jedi Council so why him? Anywhooo, I think its Mace as well. Yoda is not it of course, since he hides and helps train Luke in the OT. Ki-Adi-Mundi is too old and wise to get tricked into that, he is like Yoda he would die before turning into the force. Mace is the most probably considering his knowledge is great of both sides, he seems to be more denying than Yoda about not having Anakin be trained and he has very little background as a council member.

theEviljedi
Vader and Palpatine betray the Jedi.Why do you think its Mace?

Dim
I don't think it's Mace. I think he's going to be the leader of the Jedi against Palpatine. Who ever said that it was going to be an actual member of the council? As for Yoda, I think he's going to be so stuck in the established ways of the Jedi that he's going to be too slow in acting and actaully end up making things worse for the Jedi.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well we know so little about Mace. Also, King Jedi brought up that rumors were it was someone from the Council, so implied we were only suggesting actual members.

theEviljedi
I think the only Jedi to betray them is Anakin.

UnknownBountyHunter
I am 100% agreeable with the scenario on the spoiler supplied by Mace, Lightsabre001, and SnarlingCur. Read it again! Anakin doesn't turn until he tries to save someone very very dear to him.

theEviljedi
True.

Dim
I'm sorry Mace just seems too Noble....let it be Poof.

theEviljedi
Thats what I think.

UnknownBountyHunter
EJ quit agreeing with Dim smile Traitor smile Poof is FAR to minor, and being an alien he wouldn't have much impact on Anakin.

theEviljedi
I don't agree about Poof I just think Mace is to noble.Hey I'm not Anakin-a traitor.

Dim
What do you he wouldn't have much impact on Anakin? You got something against aliens? smile hmmmmmmmmmm... If you met Plo Koon in a dark alley do you think he wouldn't make much of an "impact" on you? wink hehehe

theEviljedi
Just on my pants.He Hesmile

UnknownBountyHunter
Maybe Ani had no choice? I doubt it but its a suggestion. Also, I don't see nobleness in Mace, he seemed reluctant to tell Qui-Gon that he can't be trained.

Dim
That's not reluctance...that's thoughtfullness...hellooooo smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Call it what you want, I'm right smile

Dim
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, listen to that arogance! wink ...I guess we'll just have to wait and see in May 2002 won't we!

UnknownBountyHunter
Bet's on babe. $20 US.

Dim
you're on!...

UnknownBountyHunter
Okay, back on subject.

Dim
alright...

I think Evien Piell betrays the Jedi and becomes an unidentified bountyhunter....yep.

UnknownBountyHunter
It's Mace.

Dim
It's Evien...he looks bitter.

UnknownBountyHunter
But not as high on council as Mace.

Dim
Maybe that's why he's bitter...well that and the fact that he's an ugly little sucker....He's going to try to take over...the little bitter scared wants to rule, He's Napoleon.

Jedi Mercenary
What the hell are you all talking about, what do you mean "Mace is the one we know the least about"? How many members on the council are there? how many do we not know much about?? Alot!! I think it's gonna be the old Chancellor Valorum that betrays them, he thinks it's their fault for him getting kicked off.

theEviljedi
Jedi M. in response to your signiture the only good Hutt is a thin Hutt then that must mean there are no good Hutts.smile

Jedi Mercenary
What does that have to do with anything, poke-boy??

King Jedi
If you look at it from a filmakers point of view then it has to be Mace. The audience already knows about Anakin and Palpatine so where is the suprise coming from? It only leaves Mace Windu.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
Samuel Jackson did not do a very good job...

UnknownBountyHunter
EvilJedi: I made that point about his sig before wink

JediMerc: I meant that by the fact that Mace is a very important council member, he is head of the council, only behind Yoda, yet we know nothing about him.

As for the Vallorum comment, highly doubtful, for he is prolly not gonna be in the future episodes.

Dim
Nobody has yet to post a compelling arguement on why it has to be Mace...and don't try that "We don't know anything about him" stuff. It doesn't mean anything other than he's a developing character (just like OB1).

UnknownBountyHunter
I said it was him because he:
a)Is reluctant to have Anakin NOT be trained
b)He seems upset that Qui-Gon showed up with him, and his expression leaned towards the fact that they shouldn't even test him.

Dim
Hmmmmmmmmmm, Okay, I'll concede that there's a slight possiblity that Mace could be the traitor *if* there's a traitor on the Jedi Council.

Xantos dark jedi
it is Plo Koon...his powers stem from the dark side. his species used to consist of sith a couple of millinia ago...

Jedi Mercenary
Well, Yoda didnt want ani trained, does that make him suspicious??

Dim
As much as Mace...but I really don't see Yoda being the traitor.

The Maker
I'm amazed at how observant some fans are. There will be a betrayal and it will suprise everybody. One of the council members will join Palpatine to further his own career but will ultimately be betrayed himself.

R.M

King Jedi
Maker, what do the initials mean. I don't know why I ask this because he never replies to anybody. I think the traitor will be Mace and he will do it because he doesn't think the Jedi can beat the Sith and the Clone Wars. He takes the cowards way out.

Dim
nah...it's Poof. He looks like a coward.

King Jedi
If it was going to be him then he would have had an important part in Ep1.

Xizor
Anyone else want to punch the Maker? I'm totally uncertain about betrayal, but it needs to happen and the most entertaining crowd pleasing way for it to happen would be if it involves Mace. How do you like the premice of Exhiled Jedi or Padawans that didn't cut it turning into Dark Jedi? These people have all the rage and reasoning behind lashing out at their former masters and colleagues with dark side hate.

lightsaber001
well I really cant wait till this movie gets closer..the speculation are fantastic...personally I think it will be a council member that betray's the jedi but not any of the main characters...In all 4 films Lucas really plays the good and evil card to the hilt..I dont think it will be OB1..remember..he's in hiding like Yoda..but most important..he's protecting the twins..what about if Palpatine threatens to kill Amidala unless Anakin(still a padawan learner) goes to the darkside..

LS1

Xizor
Palpatine must use the Amidala thing as a way, and he ust implicate OB1. Perhaps he convinces Anakin to blame Ob1 for his mothers death and plants in Ani's confused mind the seeds of suspecion that Ob1(or someone else he can kill in dark side rage) is stealing Amidala from him. Lucas is truly a master at straight out good vs. Evil, and it worked wonderfully with the clearclut plotlines and conflicts in the OT. Yet in Ep2-3 should be open season on traitors, deciet, double crossing and vengence. Lots of $hit has to go down and in a dark way, and making Mace(the Councilor the crowd can id w/ the most next to Yoda) the traitor will bring the house down, it might even be Lucas's plans for a Empire like surprise ending. If that happens it would be way cool, I'd change my decision on Mace as well. I wanted him fried by C'Baoth's force lightning during the clone wars(he's die a hero), if he's a traitor I want him to die by Palpatine's force lightning as a traitor in Ep3.

DiEbyDaGuNZ
amidala is way too stubborn..she'll never listen to anyone, even the chancellor

Xizor
True, but who are ya responding to?

King Jedi
As well as a Jedi council member, maybe Amidala betrays them accidentally. She was persuaded to vote Vallorem out quite easy.

Dim
Nah, She's a bit wiser by the time EP2 rolls around...I don't think she's going to get easily suckered into anything this time...Lucas wouldn't do that to her anyway....He's not going to make her into a pretty airhead.

Darth Heinous
The Jedi are betrayed by Darth Sidious/Paplatine. There are plenty of Dark Jedi to help the Sith kill off the Jedi Knights.

Mace23
I really don't feel that it will end up being Mace. In regards to him not wanting Anakin trained it was nothing more than Anakin's age. He said it plain and clear that the boy is to old, and as stated earlier Yoda felt the same way.

Mace is just to obvious, lets face it GL nows the power of the internet and is using it effectively. The latest select pic is a testament to that. I'm sure the picture was released to gauge the fans response. Any message board that you go to that covers this topic is dominated by one name, Mace Windu. I don't think he'll make it this easy to determine the traitor.

It will more than likely be a secondary level member that turns on the council. If the traitors motive is personal gain as The Maker stated, then why would it be Mace. He is respected on the same level as Yoda by the Jedi so that throws out jealousy or personal gain as there is nothing to gain. A secondary level character like Ki-Adi, or Plo-Koon however does have somthing to gain, be it a high level position in the new regime or simply revenge for being passed over by another member on the council.

If this were the days before ESB and this same rumor came up about a traitor in the film how many of us could honestly say that we could have guessed Lando? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say virtually none of us. From past history we can obviously see that it doesn't have to be one of the "main" characters.

With all that said I think it will be Mace. No just kidding laughing out loud I haven't got any idea who it could be, I'll just say that GL WILL keep this a surprise to most of us.

UnknownBountyHunter
Amidala is not going to betray them at all. Even though she is co-dependant with Palpatine, and he can use her as a scapegoat, she has to many side influences to keep her from doing wrong. (Anakin, OB1, Panaka, Sio, Yoda, etc.)

Dim
Agreed...not to mention that there's rumors that Amidala is on the run in EP2 so whoever the traitor is, it's possible that they betray her too in someway.

UnknownBountyHunter
I also don't think that someone who betrays the Jedi would get a man like Bail to watch her little girl.

Dim
yep...it's Poof

UnknownBountyHunter
Why would poof? He is far to wise, and his species and planet have nothing to do with the rebellion nor the empire and his planet is actually out-of-the-way from the current situations. It's Mace.

Dim
Because.....He made an agreement with Palpatine to build cloning facilities on his(economically improverished)home world, away from the prying eyes of the Senate. He figures this will give his world a good chance at being a central power in the New Empire's order....plus he just looks like a jerk.

UnknownBountyHunter
laughing out loud

Xizor
Mace is just as much a side character(even more so) then Mace is. In response to GL thinking the interenet will ruin the surprise of Mace being a traitor I think not. So few fans search the web and Lucas's target audience(for Ep2 it should be 9-15 yr. olds) dousn't really either. So Mace would be the most entertaining and surprising character to make turn. The fact that a council member actually betrays the Jedi should be surprise enough to the casual fan. Making the traitor Mace is just icing on the cake.

Dim
I don't see why everyone thinks that there HAS to be a traitor on the jedi council. Where did this whole concept start anyway?

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree Dim. It could be ANYBODY that has a connection to Anakin. OB1, Shmi, Amidala, Jar Jar, heck it might be his pet bantha for all we know.

King Jedi
I first saw this as a rumour on a site. I think it was Jedinet.
Mace- What you said about why Windu would want to further his career was interesting, but if he thought that the Jedi were going to be destroyed then he might betray them in the hope that he will survive.

yerssot
the rumor is still running around, and the closest I get is that someone knows that the Sith are rising (but nothing of a traitor)

Julie
Traitor's not nice people sad

bigsef2
the counsel is decimated at the end of episode II. theres really no one left to betray. and how do you betray the jedi anyways? 'hey, palpy. theres yoda over there. hes the guy in the brown robe. go kill him." palpy doesnt NEED someone to betray the jedi for him to exterminate them. he IS the supreme chancellor/emperor. hes got anakin in the bag. theres no reason for GL to create a traitor. it would serve no purpose.

Julie
Good point, but their could be a traitor in the beginning of AotC. stick out tongue

bigsef2
how are the jedi betrayed? the jedi chose to risk their lives to save obiwan, anakin, and padme, and stop dokuu. the droids come in and whoop their ass. then more JEDI come WITH clones to save the day. the jedi are not betrayed. its just a string of events.

Julie
Maybe the traitor sets things in motion b/f the opening of AotC?
I dunno....I don't even know why I'm defending the traitor theory...I don't totally think it's credible.

bigsef2
the traitor theory is no more credible than my theory that palpy had something to do with anakins conception.

Julie
that's so true...and I seriously doubted that one wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.