The top 10 h2h fighters in Marvel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marcus4600
I wanted to know what you guys thought. Here are some names that came to mind with me.

Captain America
Nick Fury
Frank Castle
Shang Chi
Iron Fist
Deadpool
Taskmaster

anyone else have any idea?

King_Mungi
Puck
Wolverine
Wild Child
Elektra
Daredevil
Black Widow

They could be on the list.

Marcus4600
Definately Puck. He can hang with the best, and he's only what, 3 feet tall?

nwg202
what about black panther?

King KAM
Originally posted by nwg202
what about black panther? hes could be on there too, along with Shatterstar, but Captain America is easily #1.

Etrigan
Cap
Nick Fury
Daredevil
Elektra
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Shang Chi
Punisher
Puck
Black Panther
Moon Knight

Uh....

Relmiw
at the very least this list needs to include
Captain America
Wolverine
Karate Kid

Validus
Originally posted by Relmiw
at the very least this list needs to include
Captain America
Wolverine
Karate Kid
Val is a DC character and he's at the top of that list.

I think Cap is probably at the top. Not sure how good Karnak is.

King_Mungi
Karate Kid is DC, Karnak should be on the list

Originally posted by Marcus4600
Definately Puck. He can hang with the best, and he's only what, 3 feet tall?

3'6 cool, you gotta respect him prior to his upgrade he even took it to the Hulk one on one.

Puck II, his daughter could be on the list as well.

Nova Angel
hes could be on there too, along with Shatterstar, but Captain America is easily #1.

I have to say that Wolverine is #1 Cap could be #2
then,
Daredevil
Elektra
Iron Fist
Punisher
Black Panther
Moon Knight

Marcus4600
Actually, Cap has owned Wolverine on many occasions. He's on a Slade or Batman level with how good he is.

thesilverspider
How you fools over looking Mantis she's way above Cap in H2H.

The Fake Macoy
Besides, isn't one of the main reasons Cap wins due to his incredible conditioning? I know that he's incredibly skilled, but does he actually have as much skill as say, Shang Chi? Also, I think that Mantis is supposed to be way above Cap's level. Mayb'e she's ranked #1, he's #2.

Cosmic Flame
You also forgot Gamora, the deadliest woman in the galaxy.

Marcus4600
Well, Cap's got his acrobatic training, and he's got the most experience.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, Cap's got his acrobatic training, and he's got the most experience.
But he's nowhere near Mantis or Gamora........... wink

King KAM
Originally posted by thesilverspider
But he's nowhere near Mantis or Gamora........... wink yeah......hes above em

ScarletSpider
But Shang Chi was trained by the evil Fu Manchu and his minions, a deadly immortal empire. Pretty sure they trained him a bit better than some trumped up Army Program.

Don't forget Shen Kuei, the Cat, as well. He stalemated Shang Chi, and Shang gives him much respect. He also owned Deadpool.

DarkCrawler
People I think are better then Cap...

Shang-Chi
Gamora
Mantis
Black Panther
Maybe Daredevil (most likely yes)

Etrigan
No. Cap is better in H2H than Daredevil, just about.

In order, the ten best martial artists in DC.

1. Shang Chi
2. Gamora
3. Mantis
4. Captain America
5. Iron Fist
6. Black Panther
7. Wolverine
8. Deadpool
9. Moon Knight
10. Daredevil (not really sure where abouts he would go so I put him at 10)

DarkCrawler
I wouldn't really put Cap above Black Panther. Black Panther has been trained since he could walk, and he had to defeat the best warriors of the kingdom in tests and such. Cap only got few months of training. They also have roughly the same age in being awake (since Cap was trapped in ice for very long time before Namor "saved" him) I'd put them as equals at least, or a small edge to Panther.

Etrigan
They've fought before, and Cap won... but T'Challa DID say he was holding back as an ally, so....

It's a hard choice, but I'm still going with Cap.

jrodslam
Cap
Daredevil
Shang-Chi
Elektra
Iron Fist
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Wolverine
Stick
Black Widow/Echo

I wasnt sure if villains were included so...........

Taskmaster
Omega Red
Red Skull
Kingpin
Sabertooth

Marcus4600
Well, you give Cap that shield, and he's amazing. Actually, you give him anything to throw, and it's murder.

We also forgot that USAgent and Jessica Drew belong in there now. Also, I wonder how good Spidey will be after Cap gets done training him. Wolvie may give him more training too.

King KAM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I wouldn't really put Cap above Black Panther. Black Panther has been trained since he could walk, and he had to defeat the best warriors of the kingdom in tests and such. Cap only got few months of training. They also have roughly the same age in being awake (since Cap was trapped in ice for very long time before Namor "saved" him) I'd put them as equals at least, or a small edge to Panther. we always seem to go through this, but for the last time, Cap would OWN that african booty scrathcer in h2h, it doesnt matter how long youve been training , is there really a difference between 25 years of martial arts training and 15 years??? NO, an expert is an expert, who better isd whos better. and in this case its cap.

Zeraze
Captain America got his ass handed to him rather easily. So apparently he can get beat in hand to hand by an " african booty scratcher ".

In no particular order:

Wolverine
Shang-Chi
Echo a.k.a Ronin
Black Panther
The Cat
Daredevil
Captain America
Elektra
Iron Fist
Taskmaster

Etrigan
What about Silver Samurai? I think he's a pretty damn good martial artist, isn't he?

King KAM
Originally posted by Zeraze
Captain America got his ass handed to him rather easily. So apparently he can get beat in hand to hand by an " african booty scratcher ".

In no particular order:

Wolverine
Shang-Chi
Echo a.k.a Ronin
Black Panther
The Cat
Daredevil
Captain America
Elektra
Iron Fist
Taskmaster He also lost twice in h2h, in caps first series, in back to back issues, rather easy

brainchild81
But if BP won last, he's the Champ!!!!!!!!!! Taskmaster would beat everyone down if he was a good guy though.

nathan summers
Originally posted by King KAM
He also lost twice in h2h, in caps first series, in back to back issues, rather easy

According to both Priest and Hudlin's Panther, he's never been bested in hand to hand combat -- except by Erik Kilmonger. He's the only man with the title " The Guy who beat Panther. " So those instances were retconned out of existance. wink

King KAM
Originally posted by nathan summers
According to both Priest and Hudlin's Panther, he's never been bested in hand to hand combat -- except by Erik Kilmonger. He's the only man with the title " The Guy who beat Panther. " So those instances were retconned out of existance. wink not neccessarily, theyve just been chosen to be forgotten, by those ignorant panther writers who didnt read captain america.

nathan summers
#1. Black Panther
#2. Captain America
#3. Wolverine
#4. Taskmaster
#5. Elektra
#6. Daredevil
#7. Shang Chi
#8. The Cat
#9. Echo / Black Widow
#10. Iron Fist

CaptainStoic
1) Captain America
2) Wolverine
3) Cable
4) Gamora
5) Silver Sable
6) Night Crawler
7) Deadpool
8) X-23
9) Red Skull
10) Psylocke

Disappear
i agree mostly with nathan's list, though i'd move taskmaster down considerably. for all his acquired skills and his fancy, stolen tech, he's sure lost a lot. and embarassingly. as for t'challa v. cap, i'd say they're more or less equals. if it came down to it, i think t'challa could pull out the win, but he'd have one hell of a time getting there. don't know if i'd put him at the top of the list, or above shang, but still.

shang and the cat are in essentially the same boat, though after looking at some of their fights, shang did appear to be doing noticeably better.

Etrigan
In Contest Of Champions, Cap beat T'Challa in a fight. He did have his shield though.

nathan summers
Originally posted by Etrigan
In Contest Of Champions, Cap beat T'Challa in a fight. He did have his shield though.

Black Panther, In Contest of Champions, was a luke warm version of the later incarnations.

willRules
Originally posted by nathan summers
#1. Black Panther
#2. Captain America
#3. Wolverine
#4. Taskmaster
#5. Elektra
#6. Daredevil
#7. Shang Chi
#8. The Cat
#9. Echo / Black Widow
#10. Iron Fist

Swap Cap and BP around and I would agree entirely with that list yes

nathan summers
Originally posted by willRules
Swap Cap and BP around and I would agree entirely with that list yes

Never. wink

Black Panther has been cultivating his skills and abilities since childhood. To even qualify as the Black Panther one has to receive special training. He was more than likely peak human before he even ingested the heart-shaped herb which boosted his abilities. He hails from a warrior nation which is culturally and spiritually more advanced than the United States. You expect me to believe that some average joe who wasn't anything special before he was given the super soldier serum could have more skill? Pft. Next you'll tell me Thomas Jefferson was a great patriot for Freedom and that Lincoln freed the slaves because he wanted to help them.

laughing

kenobi
1) Taskmaster 2)Capt. America 3) Iron Fist & Wolverine 5) Black Panther 6)Daredevil 7) Echo 8) DeadPool 9)Moon Knight 10) Nick Fury
NUFF SAID!!

King KAM
Originally posted by kenobi
1) Taskmaster 2)Capt. America 3) Iron Fist & Wolverine 5) Black Panther 6)Daredevil 7) Echo 8) DeadPool 9)Moon Knight 10) Nick Fury
NUFF SAID!! shuddup.....you dont got enough clout to say nuff said on this forum yet pup.

and the list goes
1)Captain America

and the rest can fight for second

B dot Rob
Everyone knows it goes

1.) Shang Chi
2.) The Cat
3.) Who cares?

Shang Chi = #1 smile

King KAM
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Everyone knows it goes

1.) Shang Chi
2.) The Cat
3.) Who cares?

Shang Chi = #1 smile Shang Chi has losses on his record to wolverine in h2h......he canty be number one...sorry

jrodslam
Shang Chi has losses on his record to wolverine in h2h......he canty be number one...sorry

I agree. Master of Kung-Fu doesnt mean master of martail arts. True he is learned in other areas, but hes not the best overall.

ScarletSpider
I've had to explain this before. Back when the series Master of Kung Fu was written, Kung Fu had become, in American slang, synonymous with martial arts. This was back in the seventies when things were a bit less than pollitically correct and America was in a "Kung Fu craze." Doug Moench, the principal creator behind Shang Chi has even said he's a master of all martial arts, but Master of Kung Fu sounded better and fit with the lopsided lexicon a bit better.

As to Wolverine defeating Shang Chi, that's just propaganda shit to make Wolverine seem better in a fight. Also Contest of Champions II should not be entered as anything nearing a valid argument, it's shitty Claremont.

Plus all your arguments are moot anyways we all know who number one is:

B A T R O C !

jrodslam
Are you saying that Shang-Chi is the master of ALL Martial Arts?

ScarletSpider
It was originally meant to be as such. In recent years writters have stuck to the nomenclature and made him a master of Kung Fu and related disciplines, and pretty good at everything else. However in the 70s heydey, there was no real distinction between martial arts, Kung Fu just meant, vaguely, some sort of exotic fighting style whereas it's much more definite than that.

nathan summers
If all the heroes were stripped of their powers, Batroc would rule supreme. big grin

Cosmic Flame
Gamora would wipe the floor with virtually every fighter on Earth. With training and enhancements by Thanos himself, she's a force to be reckoned with. She was virtually his bodyguard. She'd take down most of the people on these lists without breaking a sweat.

King KAM
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
It was originally meant to be as such. In recent years writters have stuck to the nomenclature and made him a master of Kung Fu and related disciplines, and pretty good at everything else. However in the 70s heydey, there was no real distinction between martial arts, Kung Fu just meant, vaguely, some sort of exotic fighting style whereas it's much more definite than that. marvel has re-qwritten his bio many times since then and still kept him to only being the master of kung-fu, and kung-fu isnt very affective at all.

King KAM
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Gamora would wipe the floor with virtually every fighter on Earth. With training and enhancements by Thanos himself, she's a force to be reckoned with. She was virtually his bodyguard. She'd take down most of the people on these lists without breaking a sweat. without her enhancements, she cant beat the cap

Cosmic Flame
without her enhancements, she cant beat the cap
What's this based on? She's taken out an entire UN security force on her own, countless Black Knights, and innumerable other opponents. She's called the Deadliest Woman in the Universe for a reason. And her enhancements are a part of her anyway. She can't take them out.

Rewmac
Captain America

Deadpool

Wolverine

Shang-Chi

Daredevil

Elektra

B dot Rob
marvel has re-qwritten his bio many times since then and still kept him to only being the master of kung-fu, and kung-fu isnt very affective at all.

Hah, tell that to Spiderman who was feeling a simple flying kick from him for weeks laughing out loud

ScarletSpider
Yeah. Shang Chi's not a good fighter at all. Just baseline Kung Fu is useless.

Go read some comics.

Rewmac
But spiderman never learned to fight..The people I posted did. Spidey was just bitten by a Spider and hooops I know how to kick ass...I still live the Web-Swinger though...

B dot Rob
Most the people you've listed have gone on record saying that Spidey would kick their teeth in, and Shang Chi had Spidey crapping his pants..........

Not to mention the Cat has made Deadpool his love child on multiple occasions and we all know anything the Cat can do Shang Chi can do better. big grin

King KAM
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Yeah. Shang Chi's not a good fighter at all. Just baseline Kung Fu is useless.

Go read some comics. dont worry i read plenty actually probably enough for the both of us, but i also train in real life, and shang chi aint marvels top h2h guy, its plain and effin simple

B dot Rob
Real life physics =/= Comic Physics

In all actuality Shang Chi probably takes Cap 7/10 times. The only intangible is that damned shield which after loosing once Shang Chi will only come back and own Cap 2x's as hard (it's what he does).

thesilverspider
1.Mantis
2.Gammora
3.Captain america,Daredevil,Black panther,Wolverine,deadpool,Ironfist,shang chi

I have so many at 3 bacause it's pretty much a toss up between them and it's based on personnel preference on who you would think is better.

Now Mantis is safe at first if you know one bit about her,you would know why.

Gammora is just one bad whore and she would whoop on everyone at 3(mostly because they're just humans)

ScarletSpider
If you read so much then why is your English atrocious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.