Belief in Theocracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
Do you believe in Theocracy?

Do you think it should be praticed more?

Inspectah Deck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

Shakyamunison
NO!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
NO!

Elaborate!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Do you believe in Theocracy?

Do you think it should be praticed more?

It beats Ecclesiocracy...

"A more literal term for the exact meaning of "theocracy" is "ecclesiocracy," which denotes rule by a religious leader or body, whereas theocracy would literally mean rule by God."

-wikipedia

Shakyamunison
Elaborate!

Humans can be exceedingly evil while trying to do good. We need to have checks and balances to curtail the harm that can come from extreme thinking. Most religions capitalize on extreme thinking and do not take well to criticism.

Inspectah Deck
Most religions capitalize on extreme thinking and do not take well to criticism.

What kind(s) of religion?

Shakyamunison
What kind(s) of religion?

IMHO Christianity and Islam are two good example with history in this.

Inspectah Deck
Do you think it should be practiced more even if you're against it?

soleran30
no

Inspectah Deck
No stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Do you think it should be practiced more even if you're against it?

Why would I think it should be practiced more even if I'm against it?

Wesker
Anyone who's ever studied history knows how bad religious states and affairs of state can be. INquisition comes to mind.

The Omega
Religion and spirituality should be there to guide people who need it.
"Guide" being the keyword here. Religious institutions all too often become proponents of ABSOLUTES and claim to the speaking on behalf of this or that deity. So if you speak against the institution (or other fanatics) you'll be accused of heresy.
I will not be told what to do based on old texts, whose meaning is unclear an diffuse.

lil bitchiness
I agree with The Omega.

Religion can excuse any kind of inhumanity in the name of that religion. That is not the way people should be governed, in my opinion.

Darth Jello
All theocracies should be toppled

Da preacher
NO!

Inspectah Deck
Why would I think it should be practiced more even if I'm against it?

Maybe your bi-polar no expression

Shakyamunison
Maybe your bi-polar no expression

Maybe you are insulting. stick out tongue

debbiejo
Well Bi-Polar can't see anyhing but black or white........Right or wrong...............They are good people, but lack the ability to see the grey areas....................so, who is more that ??? the believers or the Non believers.....????

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by The Omega
Religion and spirituality should be there to guide people who need it.
"Guide" being the keyword here. Religious institutions all too often become proponents of ABSOLUTES and claim to the speaking on behalf of this or that deity. So if you speak against the institution (or other fanatics) you'll be accused of heresy.
I will not be told what to do based on old texts, whose meaning is unclear an diffuse.

holla

Inspectah Deck
Maybe you are insulting. stick out tongue

Maybe I'm not

Originally posted by debbiejo
Well Bi-Polar can't see anyhing but black or white........Right or wrong...............They are good people, but lack the ability to see the grey areas....................so, who is more that ??? the believers or the Non believers.....????

Sort of like me

Wesker
Wow, somebody voted yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.