Yoda runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xepeyon
1)ROTS Anakin Skywalker

2)Darth Malak & Darth Bandon

3)Exar Kun

4)Darth Revan

5)Naga Sadow

6)DN Luke Skywalker & DN Kyle Katarn

7)Marka Ragnos

8)He Makes it through

Illustrious
Are you silly? He has no chance whatsoever past 2. And WTF kind of logic is putting Revan AFTER Exar Kun?

Xepeyon
I thought Yoda was suppost to be so powerful...

tdtd
I'd say he gets to Kun and loses..

Xepeyon
I guess I should have chosen weaker characters...

Illustrious
2 will give him a hell of a lot of trouble, if he even manages to get by. By 3, he'll have no chance. And putting Revan ahead of Kun makes no sense.

darthsith19
Hmm... lets see, he definately makes it past 1, 2'd be hard but I said he'd make it, any one else on that gauntlet'd pwn him.

Xepeyon
Then Darth Revan and Exar Kun have now switched places.

tdtd
I don't think he'll beat Revan either..

Xepeyon
Wow... Yoda's not as strong as I thought.....

zephiel7
Yoda is very strong. Perhaps ranking even with Ulic Qel Droma. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense.

However, many of the people you have on these threads are QUITE overpowered. That's like me creating a thread where Kyp Durron has to fight twenty teranteks, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kressh, and Naga Sadow.

tdtd
He's still not better than Revan

zephiel7
TdTd, to me Revan is right next to Ragnos.

Illustrious
Originally posted by zephiel7

Good thing it's not Star Wars according to zephiel7 then.

Darth_Glentract
Yoda is very strong. Perhaps ranking even with Ulic Qel Droma. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense.

However, many of the people you have on these threads are QUITE overpowered. That's like me creating a thread where Kyp Durron has to fight twenty teranteks, Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kressh, and Naga Sadow.

You know, I would be tempted to argue pro-Kyp even in that case. jk.

Yoda died at 2 though. Malak alone could give him a very hard time. With Bandon by his side Yoda would go down.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Illustrious
Good thing it's not Star Wars according to zephiel7 then.

why not? sad

Darth Subjekt
id Revan is so unknown, why are you so sure he'd kill Yoda?

zephiel7
Because even with what limited knowledge we have of Revan, he is still pretty damn powerful.

Rayvann
no expression

tdtd
Revan up there with Ragnos? As they say, pass what you're smoking.

DiamondBullets
No way in hell he makes it thru.

w00t2112
Zephiel7, the following people could easily defeat Revan:

1) The Ancient Sith (Ragnos, Kressh, Sadow etc.)
2) Exar Kun
3) Any Luke as of NJO
4) Freedon Nadd
5) Ulic Qel Droma (Possible, moreso of a stalemate)

There's probably more, but i can't think of anymore at the moment, however that puts Revan out of the top 5, as the Ancient Sith take the first 3, followed by either Nadd, then Kun or Luke.

DiamondBullets
Revan pulled a Han Solo, and just lucked his way through the KOTOR incedent.

tdtd
What w00t said. Although I don't agree with Ulic being above Yoda, I'd put him equal to or below him.

Fishy
Well he is with unknown powers... If you are talking power then Revan is up there, with Ragnos his left toe....

Anyways Yoda won't make it past 2... If he somehow magically does he'll be so screwed at 3 that its not even funny.

docb77
Oh, come on, Malak and Bandon aren't that powerful, especially if there's no star forge buffing malak. That battle wouldn't be much different than Yoda vs Vader and Maul. tough fight? Yes. Yoda still takes it in his prime? definitely... the others? I really like Yoda, but barring some miracle he's a goner.

tdtd
No, Malak is powerful

Tarvos

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/Ballister/tmydumd5.jpg

tdtd
WTF HAHAHAHA

docb77
Originally posted by tdtd
No, Malak is powerful

So's Vader, it's not like I'm dissing him by that comparison, They're both badaces, I just think that the little green bouncy ball could take either of them.

Fishy
He'd have a hell of a lot more trouble with Malak then with Vader, throw in Bandon and you have one dead Yoda simple as that. Malak alone could arguably take him, actually I would be surprised if he wouldn't but with Bandon Yoda just doesn't stand much of a chance.

docb77
You've got to be kidding me, Malak or Bandon would both have to be incredibly lucky to even get a hit on Bouncy ball Yoda. Yoda was at least as good as Dooku and Sidious, Sidious being one of the most powerful Sith since the ancients. Malak goes down, Bandon's not even in the fight. Yoda force pushes either him or the ground he's standing on out of the arena and focuses on the big guy.

Fishy
Lol, how weak do you think these two are? Malak is possibly more powerful then Dooku and he's better with a lightsaber then Sidious. Bandon also doesn't suck. He was afterall the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith chosen out of thousands, who Malak lead.

Faunus
Yet Depa Billaba and two other Jedi Masters couldn't touch him with their lightsabers. I don't see Malak doing so, even with Bandon; especially considering that Yoda's actually getting his weapon this time around.

I'd say that Yoda gets past 2, then gets owned by Kun.

tdtd
The muppet can't handle amulet blasts

kamikz
Isen't it debatable if Kun would dare to use the amulet or not?

zod360
Why do you guys assume Kun would take out Yoda. Yoda would be able to block an amulet blast with his saber. It would come down to a saber duel and I cannot see Kun beating him. Remember that the PT era is described as the golden age of saber dueling.

tdtd
There is no evidence of anybody being able to block the amulet blast with a lightsaber. THat's pure speculation.

Faunus
Erm, the blast is about as wide around as the Wyrm it blow to shreds. You could probably fit a few dozen Yoda's within the beam itself. I can see him perhaps dodging it, but not blocking it.

zod360
That was when he could not control it properly. Once he could control it, the beam was much thinner and resembled things like heavy blaster fire and force powers like force lightning. There is no evidence to suggest it is much more powerful and I highly doubt it would be faster then lightning for instance.

tdtd
It is possible that it could be blocked with a lightsaber, which would destroy Kun's whole case in terms of power, but we don't ever see it happening so unfortunately it's pure speculation.

Tarvos
If he wanted to though, he could still unleash some huge blasts. He learned more, not lost information. Really, this is ridiculous. Now we got people arguing about Yoda vs Kun?

tdtd
Not necessarily Yoda against Kun but if someone could give a logical argument why Kun's blasts would be blocked by a saber, then that would greatly diminish Kun's power.

zod360
Without Kun's amulet, Yoda would definitely win, so if his amulet blasts are proven to not be so powerful, he loses much of what makes people here think he is a god.

Tarvos
If. That's what seperates your conclusion from truth.

Faunus
Originally posted by zod360
That was when he could not control it properly. Once he could control it, the beam was much thinner and resembled things like heavy blaster fire and force powers like force lightning. There is no evidence to suggest it is much more powerful and I highly doubt it would be faster then lightning for instance.

We never see him learn to use it, Numan. And why the hell would it become weaker if he did? Hell, we don't even see him use the amulet in the same fashion after the Wyrm incident.

zod360
Originally posted by tdtd
It is possible that it could be blocked with a lightsaber, which would destroy Kun's whole case in terms of power, but we don't ever see it happening so unfortunately it's pure speculation.

But we also never see it up against a saber. He uses it against that monster, against Nadd and against Aleema. It doesn't even kill Aleema in one hit, and we know that it was his intent to kill her and Ulic ASAP and at all costs. Therefor I don't think it is much more powerful or maybe not even as powerful as something like force lightning. And I don't have to remind you all of Yoda absorbing Sidious' lightning with his hands.

tdtd
Whoever just said that if Kun didn't have his amulet he'd lose, needs to stop posting. We know nothing of Kun's power without the Amulet, so why bring it up?

zod360
People seem to overrate him like crazy. There are more Kun fanboys then there are Revan fanboys.

tdtd
I am not a Kun fanboy in fact I hate how the fanboys have portrayed Kun, but I'm still using logic. If it can be proven that Kun's blasts can be blocked by a lightsaber, the Kun is virtually reduced to nothing more than someone that can use the equivalent of force lightning.

zod360
Well we actually do have an idea of his power without the amulet as he hardly ever uses it.

Moff Tarkin
Poor Yoda sad

Tough gauntlet

tdtd
No we don't Numan.

zod360
I wasn't calling you a Kun fanboy. I've seen your arguments with IKC. There is not really any evidence to suggest the blasts are more powerful or faster then force lightning. In fact evidence suggest otherwise (Aleema who is a relative weakling is fully hit by a blast but is able to get back up shortly after Ulic's and Kun's duel). Surely that shows it cannot be too powerful.

zod360
He uses his amulet three times and the rest of the times he uses his lightsaber, or ordinary force powers like force push. So we do have an idea of how powerful he is without the amulet.

Faunus
It wasn't the amulet, Numan. It was a blast of Sith Magic, like the kind Aleema used on Kun, to little effect.

zod360
I'll check now. If so then my bad.

zod360
I just checked. Well it does look quite different. There is a slim chance that it was the amulet, But i'll take your word for it.

tdtd
The amulet blasted through creatures and buildings. Doesn't mean a saber can't block it but we've never seen it.

Fishy
What does it even matter? Even if Yoda could block the attacks which he can't, he would still be outmatched in force powers and lightsaber ability's.

And Faunus, Dooku and Sidious both managed to block and strike at Yoda, I don't see why Bandon and Bandon would not be able to do so.

zod360
Kun has shown nothing more impressive then Yoda in terms of force power without the amulet. And do you have any proof that Kun would outduel Kun in a saber duel. Lucas states that the PT era is the golden age of saber fighting. Yoda is arguably the best duelist of the PT era.

Fishy
Kun has shown nothing more impressive then Yoda in terms of force power without the amulet. And do you have any proof that Kun would outduel Kun in a saber duel. Lucas states that the PT era is the golden age of saber fighting. Yoda is arguably the best duelist of the PT era.

Golden age of sabercombat compared to the OT. Unless you can provide a link where he says its the golden age of saber combat. point. end of sentence no further context given. Then you have a point otherwise you don't.

w00t2112
Numan, the Golden Age of the Jedi differs from the Golden Age of the Sith.

Sith consider their peak when they have their strongest warriors and their strongest force users

Jedi consider their peak, when they achieve their ideal of universal peace, which they accomplished during the PT era.

Numan before you go and degrade characters of immense power, learn EU, learn to debate and finally learn to use logic. Illogical reasoning and Bias is not logic.

w00t2112
Ok, Numan, accordingly if Kun's Blasts can be blocked, provide evidence it wouldn't for Luke's emerald lightning, degrading one's skill means the degrading of another is just as logic.

We have no proof if the blasts can be blocked by a saber, likewise we have no proof that the emerald lightning can be blocked by a saber, hence debating such a pointless point is stupid.

Numan, apart from giving your personal opinion and illogical reasoning, what else can you do?

zod360
Originally posted by w00t2112
Numan, the Golden Age of the Jedi differs from the Golden Age of the Sith.

Sith consider their peak when they have their strongest warriors and their strongest force users

Jedi consider their peak, when they achieve their ideal of universal peace, which they accomplished during the PT era.

Numan before you go and degrade characters of immense power, learn EU, learn to debate and finally learn to use logic. Illogical reasoning and Bias is not logic.

And you need to learn some reading comprehension skills. Lucas stated that the PT era was the golden age of lightsaber dueling, not the golden age of the jedi. Like I said, you need to learn some reading comprehension skills.

zod360
Originally posted by w00t2112
Ok, Numan, accordingly if Kun's Blasts can be blocked, provide evidence it wouldn't for Luke's emerald lightning, degrading one's skill means the degrading of another is just as logic.

We have no proof if the blasts can be blocked by a saber, likewise we have no proof that the emerald lightning can be blocked by a saber, hence debating such a pointless point is stupid.

Numan, apart from giving your personal opinion and illogical reasoning, what else can you do?

Sorry but what the **** are you talking about? Why are you bringing up Luke and his lightning because I certainly am not. Maybe if you learnt to read, you would see that it says "Yoda runs the gauntlet" and not Luke. And we have never seen the blast up against a saber, but that doesn't mean that you can assume that the blast is unstoppable and therefor Kun would own Yoda. Oh, and nextime you finish with a smartass comment, make sure what you have already said makes sense you big dummy. It is clear from your last two posts that you have completely missed the point of everything that I have said.

Fishy
And you need to learn some reading comprehension skills. Lucas stated that the PT era was the golden age of lightsaber dueling, not the golden age of the jedi. Like I said, you need to learn some reading comprehension skills.

and you need to respond to my post. Golden age of lightsaber fighting compared to the OT, he said what he said when talking about the difference in sabercombat between the two movies, he doesn't say its the best age of lightsaber fighting eva.

zod360
That's not what he said. He said THE golden age of saber dueling.

Xepeyon
The golden age of Swordsmanship was quite likely the Era of Tulak Hord. In KOTOR II, on Korriban, Kriea says that Tulak Hord was considered to be the most remarkable Sith lightsaber duelist, even in his time, when many true lightsaber duelist duelist lived.

Fishy

Have a link or a quote about that? With the sentence he said before and after that particulair sentence?

Illustrious

And Lucas also said that EU is another universe that he doesn't touch. And I do actually have the quote, unlike you.

In short, there's nothing that can be applied definitively throughout the ENTIRE CONTINUUM of EU.

You need to learn reading comprehension and debating ability. While you're at it, it'd be smart to try to get a new brain.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Xepeyon
The golden age of Swordsmanship was quite likely the Era of Tulak Hord. In KOTOR II, on Korriban, Kriea says that Tulak Hord was considered to be the most remarkable Sith lightsaber duelist, even in his time, when many true lightsaber duelist duelist lived.
There were many Jedi and Sith after Kriea's time...

w00t2112
Perhaps, but Numan you argue so pointless, that my mind is affected by your clear stupidity, Your the one who needs comprehension skills, and you cant argue for sh*t.

If GL doesn't give a damn about EU, his quotes cannot be applied into EU, learn to accept the fact that your fanboyism will not work, nor your illogical reasoning,

tdtd
Yea contradicting GL=bad.

PurpleSaber
Lots of things that are EU such as video games are made by Lucas Arts. So George Lucas obviously passes what is made by Lucas Entertainment or Lucas Arts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.