"Ep.1" Obi Wan vS "A New Hope" Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Who'd win

Captain REX
TPM Kenobi is the more agile, but ANH Kenobi is the more skilled. I'd say that with an extra 32 years of experience (though 19 of it was spent in a desert alone), Kenobi knows his shit and could easily take down his younger self, unless it becomes a competition of acrobatics.

Darth_Glentract
ANH Obi-wan pwns the TPM version of himself.

jollyjim311
Agreed.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
ANH Obi-wan pwns the TPM version of himself.

Council#13
Please replace pwns with owns

Hard fight. as Rex has said, the TPM Obi is faster and more agile, but the ANH Obi has more experience. I would say the ANH because he did extremely well against Darth Vader

Guy LeDouche
ANH Obi-Wan Pwns him.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by Council#13
Please replace pwns with owns

my hero

Moff Tarkin
Uh, I heard Lucas said Obi-Wan is the strongest good guy in the ANH commentary. That makes him greater than Yoda... Is this true?

Lörd Sorgo
ANH Kenobi works TPM Kenobi.

zephiel7

Captain REX
Originally posted by Moff Tarkin
Uh, I heard Lucas said Obi-Wan is the strongest good guy in the ANH commentary. That makes him greater than Yoda... Is this true?

The strongest good guy in ANH or all of OT? Yoda didn't exist when ANH was made, after all, nor was he in that movie. wink

Tarvos
Well, that pretty much gives you your answer, REX. wink

Captain REX
w00t

Tarvos
raver

Moff Tarkin
I don't know about that either. The commentary was obviously made after Yoda's creation, and he said "Strongest good guy", I think. I don't feel like listening to the whole commentary, but that is what I heard it said.

darthsith19
Yes, that's what Lucas said. That "By now (ANH) Obi-Wan's the strongest good guy." said in the AC, which was made only in 2004, which was many years after the creation of Yoda. That's another reason I think he was fakinf the fight with Vader in ANH. And a reason why he'd kick TPM Obi-Wan's ass.

tdtd
He was faking the fight with Vader. This is obvious.

Moff Tarkin
Why would he? That's just stupid. You could severly cripple the Empire by killing Vader, and you decide to give up your life?

Anyways, where in the AC does Lucas say Obi-Wan is the strongest good guy?

Also, in the ANH Novel, written by George Lucas, describes them as being equals, and describing Obi-Wan as trying to defeat Vader... So maybe Vader and Sidious are a hell of alot stronger than we thought.

FistOfThe North
Ok. Lets look at it logically. But before anything, I say Padawan Kenobi would defeat his older self.

And here's why. It's simple.

Darth Maul can defeat Ep1 Ben Kenobi. Plain and simple. Who ever disbelieves that is a scatterbrain.

Darth Maul also singlehandedly killed Obi Wan's master -Jedi Master Qui Gon Jin-

I don't know about you but when a mere (young) Sith apprentice can go toe to toe against a Jedi master and defeat and kill a him fair and square, it has to mean something. Qui Gon was no slouch either. He was might've been considered for a High Counsel position among the greatest Jedi.

Padawan Kenobi defeated Darth Maul. So if Darth Maul would lord over ANH Ben Kenobi yet padawan Kenobi cuts Maul in half, it would make sense that Padawan Kenobi would clearly defeat his older self - ANH Ben Kenobi.

darthsith19
Lets see. He was stronger than Yoda, he pwnd two very dangerous and wanted men in the blink of an eye, and there's no logical reason that'd he'd have declined to below Mechanical Vader's power. That's why he must have been faking.

But why would he rake? he was surrounded. What if he killed Vader? The Stormtroopers would attack him. And what if he killed those four Stormtroopers? The Death Star carries thousands of Stormtroopers, kore would arrive in no time, an alarm would be sounded, ben would never escape and Luke would never abandon Ben. So both Ben and Luke'd die.

That's why he faked.

Right before the duel with Obi-Wan and Vader.

The novel was written like 29 years ago. The ROTJ novel was only written 23 years ago and it says Owen and Obi-Wan are brothers. Which the movie clearly contridicts, as it does with the duel.

FistOfThe North
Yea, I say Padawan Kenobi would defeat the older Obi Wan. Besides, I've never seen Obi Wan in action besides in the cantina and fighting Vader in a new hope.

Especially with the way he fought Vader and how slow he seemed. Padawan Obi would've been all over his older self had that been him instead of a new hope Vader.

Moff Tarkin
The novel was written like 29 years ago. The ROTJ novel was only written 23 years ago and it says Owen and Obi-Wan are brothers. Which the movie clearly contridicts, as it does with the duel.

The movie does not clearly contradict the duel. I rewatched it, Ben only smiled once during the duel at the end, that's about it. If Lucas intended for it to be fake, he would have at least made it more clear.

He wasn't that fast in the Cantina either, and he dueled pretty fast on the Death Star. Anyways, he has no reason to hold back on Vader. Neither could have broken the other's guard. It was a stalemate...

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Ok. Lets look at it logically. But before anything, I say Padawan Kenobi would defeat his older self.

And here's why. It's simple.

Darth Maul can defeat Ep1 Ben Kenobi. Plain and simple. Who ever disbelieves that is a scatterbrain.

Darth Maul also singlehandedly killed Obi Wan's master -Jedi Master Qui Gon Jin-

I don't know about you but when a mere (young) Sith apprentice can go toe to toe against a Jedi master and defeat and kill a him fair and square, it has to mean something. Qui Gon was no slouch either. He was might've been considered for a High Counsel position among the greatest Jedi.

Padawan Kenobi defeated Darth Maul. So if Darth Maul would lord over ANH Ben Kenobi yet padawan Kenobi cuts Maul in half, it would make sense that Padawan Kenobi would clearly defeat his older self - ANH Ben Kenobi.
Wow, that is the most illogical thing I have ever heard. In the beginning of your arguement, you said that Darth Maul could defeat Episode 1 Obi-Wan. Yet later, you said that Episode 1 Obi-Wan beat Darth Maul. You just contradicted yourself.

Another thing is that you cannot argue that Obi-Wan cut Maul in half therefor he is better. He is definitely NOT better. He fought Maul for like 15 seconds before he was hanging on for dear life. Maul was standing over him and toying with him. Even though Obi-Wan ended up killing Maul, that doesn't mean he is better. You proved absolutely nothing. wink

Tangible God
And isn't Qui-Gon's saber style meant for a more open area, which explained how Maul got the better of him in that tiny room?

And wasn't Obi ALSO considered for the High Council, or better yet, actually PUT on the High Council?

Isn't Old Obi decrepit and out of practise?

Is FOTN's twisted view on the Kenobis contradictory and relatively absurd? No. No it ain't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.