Why are you a christian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz revolution
It' s mind boggling to me, so why?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by xyz revolution
Why are you so damn gullible?

I'm religious, but I am not gullible. mad I am a Buddhist and I think you are addressing Christians. Please remember there are other religions out there that are not like Christianity. big grin

Wesker

You're being a bit antagonistic. It's one thing to have a viewpoint that thinks religion is silly. It's another to attack people for having religion. Curb yourself.

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm religious, but I am not gullible. mad I am a Buddhist and I think you are addressing Christians. Please remember there are other religions out there that are not like Christianity. big grin well all religions are... okay fine. (edited)

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Wesker
You're being a bit antagonistic. It's one thing to have a viewpoint that thinks religion is silly. It's another to attack people for having religion. Curb yourself. yeah, it's not like they try and tell everyone they're wrong and crazy for not believing in a book of stories.

Wesker
Some do. But not all do. It's no better for you to stereotype all Christians and lump them into one group and then attack them as people. Their faith has a lot of problems with it- I agree on that. But this doesn't elevate you to a position of superiority just because you don't believe in it.

xyz revolution
Some do. But not all do. It's no better for you to stereotype all Christians and lump them into one group and then attack them as people. Their faith has a lot of problems with it- I agree on that. But this doesn't elevate you to a position of superiority just because you don't believe in it. Well why are they trying to destroy sciences like evoultion?

Shakyamunison
Well why are they trying to destroy sciences like evoultion?

They are blind to it's value.

whobdamandog

Because God made me that way?

The greater Question that should be asked is why are you an a******?

I'm thinking that the answer is the same as the one listed above.wink

Fin.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by whobdamandog

Fin.

And here is the saint whob to show us the love of Jesus.

*I think Fin. = he is just beginning. laughing *

Da preacher
Cut him some slack will ya, the real arsehole is the one who started the 'Why are you atheist' thread.

xyz revolution

Fin. Is that @sshole or atheist? And god didn't make you, you're mum and dad made you during sex. How come humans get married and animals can't, what about hadicapped people who can't confess? Does everyone go to hell?

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Da preacher
Cut him some slack will ya, the real arsehole is the one who started the 'Why are you atheist' thread. yes I'm hitting the bible bashers back by counter attacking their threads.

Shakyamunison
Cut him some slack will ya, the real arsehole is the one who started the 'Why are you atheist' thread.

I like whob, I was teasing him, he can take it.

Da preacher
Yes, I know, XYZ.

Wesker
Well why are they trying to destroy sciences like evoultion?

Only fundamentalists and fanatics do this.

Cyber Ninja
Why are you so damn gullible? Just to piss you off smile

xyz revolution
I like whob, I was teasing him, he can take it. name a christian who can.

Cyber Ninja
Another bash thread. Why don't you use the other 10 I hate christian threads
Happy Dance Happy Dance JumpyJumpytaztazyoupiyoupi

Blue nocturne
what's wrong with someone being Christian?

Shakyamunison
name a christian who can.

whob is a pro at having everyone bash him. laughing

Wesker
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
Another bash thread. Why don't you use the other 10 I hate christian threads
Happy Dance Happy Dance JumpyJumpytaztazyoupiyoupi

Agreed. This is just a bash thread. Someone's obviously got problems.

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
what's wrong with someone being Christian? Nothings wrong. It's a rebound to the "Y R U an atheist thread"

Blue nocturne
Nothings wrong. It's a rebound to the "Y R U an atheist thread"

Oh ok.

Storm
Nothings wrong. It's a rebound to the "Y R U an atheist thread"
With the difference that your post was loaded with prejudice. Don' t take your "questioning" too far.

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Storm
With the difference that your post was loaded with prejudice. Don' t take your "questioning" too far. Well I don't see the right that people are using christianity to rule the world. If I stop christianity, there would be no confusion.

finti
really? man Im confused now

Wesker
Well I don't see the right that people are using christianity to rule the world. If I stop christianity, there would be no confusion.

WTF? Who is using Christianity to rule the world? Have you been smoking whatever it is Deano's smoking? And what makes you think you can stop thousands of years of religious tradition by posting on KMC, anyways?

Blue nocturne
Well I don't see the right that people are using christianity to rule the world. If I stop christianity, there would be no confusion.

Christianity rules the world because Christians/ Europeans conquered it
If Europe revered some other religion like for example Mithraism then we would praise Mithra.

finti
didnt you know that this board is the tool of the Illuminatis

Wesker
Originally posted by finti
didnt you know that this board is the tool of the Illuminatis

You know too much.

*Sics KMCstapo*

xyz revolution
WTF? Who is using Christianity to rule the world? Have you been smoking whatever it is Deano's smoking? And what makes you think you can stop thousands of years of religious tradition by posting on KMC, anyways? well Georigia is being taught the science that the earth was created in 6 days for example. Not just christianity, every religion is bullshit like the Arab leaders shouldn't be Muslim.

Wesker
well Georigia is being taught the science that the earth was created in 6 days for example. Not just christianity, every religion is bullshit like the Arab leaders shouldn't be Muslim.
That didn't answer my questions in the slightest. But who cares about Georgia? That's not exactly the heart of the West there. People from Georgia aren't exactly what I'd call progressives.

xyz revolution
That didn't answer my questions in the slightest. But who cares about Georgia? That's not exactly the heart of the West there. People from Georgia aren't exactly what I'd call progressives. it did. The christians are changing Georgia, and are ruling Africa with their bullshit. And why?

Wesker
it did. The christians are changing Georgia, and are ruling Africa with their bullshit. And why?

Apparently you're just waking up and discovering the world or somethig: religion in many different forms (Many of which are far more extreme than anything you've ever encountered in modern days) persisted since the dawn of civilization. I don't consider Georgia to be the battleground between "us" and "them". Really, I don't like the place so I could care less. And I don't see anyone ruling Africa; it's a hotbed of disease and civil war. Religious or atheist, I don't see either side doing their duty to humanity and helping that continent.

xyz revolution
Apparently you're just waking up and discovering the world or somethig: religion in many different forms (Many of which are far more extreme than anything you've ever encountered in modern days) persisted since the dawn of civilization. I don't consider Georgia to be the battleground between "us" and "them". Really, I don't like the place so I could care less. And I don't see anyone ruling Africa; it's a hotbed of disease and civil war. Religious or atheist, I don't see either side doing their duty to humanity and helping that continent. I hate religion because it causes confusion and wars. That's why I'm doing this.

Wesker
Then hate economics. Hate the urge for power. Hate ethnic differences that fuel feelings of superiority. Hate the desire to expand. Hate everything.

Shakyamunison
I hate religion because it causes confusion and wars. That's why I'm doing this.

Hate leads to hate. There is no good that can come from hate.

Wesker
Agreed. It's a vicious cycle.

And religion isn't the problem; it's a symptom. The world is corrupt and evil. Religion provides comfort and hope. Don't hate that. Work to end that corruption and evil.

Shakyamunison
Agreed. It's a vicious cycle.

And religion isn't the problem; it's a symptom. The world is corrupt and evil. Religion provides comfort and hope. Don't hate that. Work to end that corruption and evil.

All things have good and evil in them. To eradicate evil is to turn good into evil. A balance is what is needed.

whobdamandog
And here is the saint whob to show us the love of Jesus.

*I think Fin. = he is just beginning. laughing *

Love is about truth..he's an a**hole. I told the truth. Sometimes love hurts bud.wink

Blue nocturne
I hate religion because it causes confusion and wars. That's why I'm doing this.

While it is true that more war has been fought over religion then any other cause in the world, Don't be naive as too believe if there was no religion we would be in a golden age Humans would just find something stupid to fight about war is part of human life.

Shakyamunison
Love is about truth..he's an a**hole. I told the truth. Sometimes love hurts bud.wink

Yes, but why have contempt for him? You should feel sorry for him, but I think that is not how you feel. Am I wrong?

Blue nocturne
All things have good and evil in them. To eradicate evil is to turn good into evil. A balance is what is needed.

Good and evil is in the eye's of men, positive and negative aspects would be the correct term.

Shakyamunison
Good and evil is in the eye's of men, positive and negative aspects would be the correct term.

I use the words that I think people will understand. Positive and negative are fine words, but I am referring to yen and yang.

Da preacher
Wars have always been about power and money.

Blue nocturne
I use the words that I think people will understand. Positive and negative are fine words, but I am referring to yen and yang.

Oh ok yin and yang is one of my beliefs too big grin

Blue nocturne
Wars have always been about power and money.

Correct and religion is about money and power as well look how powerful the church was.

Da preacher
Anyone who believes the crusades were about religion is a fool.

whobdamandog
Yes, but why have contempt for him? You should feel sorry for him, but I think that is not how you feel. Am I wrong?

Nope..no contempt..if I tell him the truth..that truth being that he's an a**hole, perhaps that will help him change. That's what love is about.

But then again, perhaps he won't change after hearing the truth. But at least he'll never be able to say that someone didn't tell him he was an a**hole when that final day of judgement comes...Get it? wink

Just a little food for thought.

Fin

Shakyamunison
Nope..no contempt..if I tell him the truth..that truth being that he's an a**hole, perhaps that will help him change. That's what love is about.

But then again, perhaps he won't change after hearing the truth. But at least he'll never be able to say that someone didn't tell him he was an a**hole when that final day of judgement comes...Get it? wink

Just a little food for thought.

Fin

Maybe it is a cultural difference, but I consider calling someone an "a**hole" a contemptuous act.

whobdamandog
Maybe it is a cultural difference, but I consider calling someone an "a**hole" a contemptuous act.

Cultural difference. It all depends on what your motivation is behind using the word. If I call you an "a**hole when you're about to get run over by a car, and you jump out of the way..would that mean that the act of calling you an a**hole was contemptuous?

A bit more food for thought...wink

Fin

Storm
Don' t attack others. Period.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Storm
Don' t attack others. Period.

No problem I think I got my basic point across many posts ago..wink

debbiejo
Good and evil is in the eye's of men, positive and negative aspects would be the correct term. I use that term also......It's just how things work. There are always opposites.

joesha28
For what Christ have done for me to save my soul.

xyz revolution
While it is true that more war has been fought over religion then any other cause in the world, Don't be naive as too believe if there was no religion we would be in a golden age Humans would just find something stupid to fight about war is part of human life. erm probably, but you can't be sure on that. Like,

Do Saturn, Uranus and Neptune exist? Or have they been made up all this time?

If a tree falls and no-one can hear it, does it make a sound?

They're other question like yours. Can't be answered.

Originally posted by joesha28
For what Christ have done for me to save my soul. No he didn't. How anyway?

How come all these christians say ass hole?

leonheartmm
most christians dont know themselves what their relegion teaches and whats really going on with god, christ, the holy spirit and at the same time, the one GOD.

joesha28
a name sake christian...they shld learn the CATECHISM

Femi32
I'm christian because I realized I was a sinner six years ago and I needed redemption for all my sins. Jesus was the only one who could offer me redemption.

finti
which one of the them?

debbiejo
Originally posted by joesha28
For what Christ have done for me to save my soul. All spirits return to where they came from as mentioned in Ecc. 12:7 with no mention of Christ.

Ecc. 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

badAssSoadFan13
Then hate economics. Hate the urge for power. Hate ethnic differences that fuel feelings of superiority. Hate the desire to expand. Hate everything.

I SUPER AGREE...totally late, but i was just reading this thread, and i was like WHAT THE CRAP?!
i'm not a bible hugger, and i don't want to bash anyone, but i just want to say, RELIGION IS NOT THE ONLY CAUSE OF WARS! WESKER WHOEVER YOU MAY BE I AGREEE! and, the person who commented afterwards, hate leads to hate.
all wars are caused by are the search for power, and that is why i agree.
And about the gullibelness(spelling!) of Christians, it's called Blind Faith. You believe in it because you just do, no matter what the cost, or how unrealistic it may seem. mad

joesha28
Originally posted by finti
which one of the them?

heidelberg catechism or westminister catechism..either of this

Storm
Although religion plays a role, so do a variety of cultural, political and historical factors.
Leaders use differences over faith as a way of sowing hatred and mobilising support for political wars. Religion sometimes is a cause for conflict, sometimes it simply helps sustain conflict, and other times it is used as a pretext for conflicts that have deeper roots in other issues.

finti
protestant ones huh

debbiejo
Yeah, something else that was borrowed from the Catholic church...catechisms. (forms of indoctrinations)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.