Magneto spin off movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I heard there's gonna be a movie about mags but is it true?

NoFate007
Supposedly its about the years when he was growing up in the Holocaust learning about his powers.

steverules
Sounds quite interesting.

mike059jig
is marvel now going after oscars now???

steverules
Don't know.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd watch it.

Red Superfly
I'd watch it, but I cant see it getting off the ground.

NoFate007
I'd watch it, but I don't think they should make it. Out of all the characters of the X-Men series, Magneto is definitely one of the most interesting ones, but I don't think he deserves his own movie. They may make this an Elektra unknowingly. Wolverine I can see getting his own movie, even if I still think they shouldn't do it. At least they aren't making a movie about like, Spyke.

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Ofcourse i'd watch it.I luv every kind of magic involved movies wink smile

ilove63
Originally posted by NoFate007
I'd watch it, but I don't think they should make it. Out of all the characters of the X-Men series, Magneto is definitely one of the most interesting ones, but I don't think he deserves his own movie. They may make this an Elektra unknowingly. Wolverine I can see getting his own movie, even if I still think they shouldn't do it. At least they aren't making a movie about like, Spyke.

yea i'd watch it but i totally agree with u

grey fox
Theirs apparently going to be a Magneto film.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28film%29

Hopefully the CGI will be able to do what it states...if so it may look good.

roughrider
I've seen the clip from X3 - the anit-aging software looks very cool. Can they really go back several decades?

DigiMark007
Wiki? Hmmm...haven't heard anything besides this yet, so I'd be wary of it.

roughrider
Interviews with Ian McKellan elsewhere, he's talked about the solo Magneto film. It's a reality, just like the solo Wolverine film in the works.

KJ
Ian McKellen overacts in everything he's in.

I'd be happier if they re-cast the parts with a younger actor.

katie_girl09
Honestly. I'm not interested in seeing any of the spin-offs.

cain marko
edit

Kazenji

steverules_2
If done I think it could be done, mags has got an interesting past and he's a very interesting character, if they decide to go with a younger actor they I hope the choose someone good, maybe there will be an appearence from Xavier

Kovacs86
Is it very likely now that Wolverine's doomed to complete failure? If the film does come about, I'd like to see McKellen reprise the role, but I didn't really think much of the reverse-aging-effects shit they used in X-Men 3, so if it is going to be set long before X-Men, then I think it'd be better to cast a different actor. If they get a good enough actor, they can make him look close enough to McKellen that quality acting would do the rest. It worked with De Niro and Brando in the Godfather: Part II. Though, admittedly, they're not going to find an actor half as good as mid '70s-'80s De Niro...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Is it very likely now that Wolverine's doomed to complete failure?

If you say so....

roughrider
The last word I heard, Ian McKellen will not be playing Eric at a younger age. Marvel wants a younger actor to make shooting & cost much easier.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by roughrider
The last word I heard, Ian McKellen will not be playing Eric at a younger age. Marvel wants a younger actor to make shooting & cost much easier.

Very wise. Did I hear something about the film being told in flashback (i.e. with scenes featuring present/ future/ old Magneto), or am I just imagining things...?

I do. Now it's been leaked onto the web and reaction has been... lukewarm, to say the least, I just can't see it being much of a success. Of course, there's also the problem that X-Men 3 was shit. It may not be catastrophic, but it's not going to be anywhere close to X-Men 3.

BruceSkywalker
This film is in developmental hell right now.. There is absolutely no word until after Wolverine comes out.. If Wolverine is a success than this film will get made..

Originally posted by roughrider

Sir Ian said himself that you may see him in the beginning and then at the end

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kovacs86

I do. Now it's been leaked onto the web and reaction has been... lukewarm, to say the least,

Even tho its in shitty quality roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kovacs86
Well, that didn't stop a lot of people watching it, and a great deal of people may then not bother watching Wolverine, but rather watch... Outlander, or whatever. Also, bad word of mouth may well **** this film up, and from what I've heard, little of the reaction has been positive. It may not be Elektra bad, but I'm pretty sure it will be a disappointment for Fox at the Box Office (not that I'm sorry about that; Fox are evil).

steverules_2
I've seen the 'shitty' quality version, it's kinda funny cause at first when I saw the first bad unfinished graphic I was like 'this isn't very good' then I was like oh wait I' watching the unfinished version haermm

Kazenji
Why the hell was this moved ?

Paola
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why the hell was this moved ?

'cause it belongs to X-Men forum

BruceSkywalker
I can't wait to see this.. This should be greenlighted as well soon

Darth Jello
I hope they use the more recent origin and name him Max Eisenhardt and have him change it after killing the villagers in Vilnius.

Ace of Knaves
Originally posted by KJ
Ian McKellen overacts in everything he's in.

I'd be happier if they re-cast the parts with a younger actor.

Which films of his have you seen?

Darth Jello
I think the whole story of how he became Erik Lensherr would make a cool intro to the movie.

Darth Jello
For the unaware: In the comics, Magneto was born in 1929 as Max Eisenhardt, a Jew living in Germany and developed a crush on a Romani girl named Magda Lensherr. He fled to Poland with his family and survived the Warsaw Ghetto and managed to escape until his family was caught by einsatsgruppen. His father, uncle, mother, and sister were machine gunned over an open pit but he survived because of the first manefistation of his powers. He was eventually caught and spent two years in Aushwitz as a sonderkommando until hooking up with Magda again and escaping during a revolt. They then moved to Vinnitsa, Ukraine were married, and had a daughter named Annya. Max worked as a carpenter but was stiffed of his wages because he was Jewish. He involuntarily used his powers to throw a crowbar at his boss, scaring him into paying him his full wage. That night, the boss riled up an angry mob who set fire to his house with his young daughter inside. Max freaked out after the mob stopped him from saving his daughter and used his powers to murder everyone. His pregnant wife ran off in horror. To cover up his crime and help search for Magda, Max hired a forger named Georg Odekirk to create the identity of Erik Lensherr the Sinte Gypsy. Apparantly before becoming a mutant supremacist, he also used his Magneto identity as a Nazi hunter as well.

Paola
shocking wow

That Annya/Magda issue pretty much explains why he hates humans so much

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Paola
shocking wow

That Annya/Magda issue pretty much explains why he hates humans so much

Yep, I cannot wait to see Magneto's movie when it gets down

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Jello
For the unaware: In the comics, Magneto was born in 1929 as Max Eisenhardt, a Jew living in Germany and developed a crush on a Romani girl named Magda Lensherr. He fled to Poland with his family and survived the Warsaw Ghetto and managed to escape until his family was caught by einsatsgruppen. His father, uncle, mother, and sister were machine gunned over an open pit but he survived because of the first manefistation of his powers. He was eventually caught and spent two years in Aushwitz as a sonderkommando until hooking up with Magda again and escaping during a revolt. They then moved to Vinnitsa, Ukraine were married, and had a daughter named Annya. Max worked as a carpenter but was stiffed of his wages because he was Jewish. He involuntarily used his powers to throw a crowbar at his boss, scaring him into paying him his full wage. That night, the boss riled up an angry mob who set fire to his house with his young daughter inside. Max freaked out after the mob stopped him from saving his daughter and used his powers to murder everyone. His pregnant wife ran off in horror. To cover up his crime and help search for Magda, Max hired a forger named Georg Odekirk to create the identity of Erik Lensherr the Sinte Gypsy. Apparantly before becoming a mutant supremacist, he also used his Magneto identity as a Nazi hunter as well.

thumb up

didn't they use that same origin in the cartoon in the 90s? it was something similar iirc.

Darth Jello
Not really. They didn't talk about the angry mob and his real name wasn't given as Max Eisenhardt until late last year.

Raoul
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not really. They didn't talk about the angry mob and his real name wasn't given as Max Eisenhardt until late last year.

i meant the general jist with the burning house and such...

The Nuul
This could be great until Fox fcks it up.

Silke
Originally posted by Raoul
i meant the general jist with the burning house and such...

I remember that too *nods*

BruceSkywalker
Seems Bryan Singer may return...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8380

SoraHoshi
idk. I'd definitely watch it, though. I heard there's a movie coming out about Gambit.

Ridley_Prime
eek! Source?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.