Saint Patricks Day.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Anybody think this is special............Tell you the truth, I've never celebrated. I've always forgotten about it, but why celebrate a Saint to Ireland?........And why do you need to by Irish to be special?........

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Anybody think this is special............Tell you the truth, I've never celebrated. I've always forgotten about it, but why celebrate a Saint to Ireland?........And why do you need to by Irish to be special?........

Because Irish people talk funny, drink a lot and beat you up if you look at them.

debbiejo
Yeah, they're known for their temper..............Should we celebrate that??????.........

Though there use to be many many saints that the church would make you celebrate. I just wondered why this one stuck.

eggmayo
Paddy's day kicks ass. Everyone's irish that day, just avoid the big ones.

debbiejo
Why would someone want to be Irish?

Shakyamunison
Oh! it's another debbiejo thread. I wonder how long until it gets moved or trashed. eek! laughing jk stick out tongue

Bardock42

Cause they talk funny, drink a lot and beat you up when you look at them.

debbiejo
Shaky........ Shut up..........why do you give people ideas............just go with the flow...............at least I came up with an idea......... stick out tongue

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause they talk funny, drink a lot and beat you up when you look at them. blink Again............Is there no better reason here??????????

sweetness

Not all of us are like that!! stick out tongue

Maestro
To be honest, the only reason i'm celebrating it down my local pub is because they're giving out guinness hats, missed getting one last year. Plus it's a friday night, it's unavoidable, along with the fights breaking out beer

Bardock42
Originally posted by sweetness
Not all of us are like that!! stick out tongue

Well,.....I guess the females aren't.

debbiejo
Yeah, they serve green beer.............I don't even like green beer!!!!!!!!.........I don't even like beer.............Doesn't tickle my taste buds at all..........

Maestro
Yeah, they serve green beer.............I don't even like green beer!!!!!!!!.........I don't even like beer.............Doesn't tickle my taste buds at all..........

Want a Beer? stick out tongue

meep-meep

I'm not sure why they celebrte it but hey if you don't want to celebrte it don't. I know I'm probably going to have a couple drinks though....I got irish friends.

Shakyamunison
I like Guinness Beer. yes

meep-meep
Guiness rocks my world. Harp aint bad either.

Isn't there some sort of taboo against mixing the 2 though?

meep-meep
sorry I double posted..

soleran30
Irish car bombs for the hangover that really fires one off!

debbiejo
Ok then..........let's say what kind of beer you all like...........haha

And why is this so special anyway........Do we celebrath Saint Thresa's Day.............Who is she anyways,.............or Saint Michael..........Or Saint Jude, St. Clement, St. Debbiejo?????????

soleran30
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for that crisp I just ate a salad beer!

Nitrogen Loaded lager for that heavy staisfying smooth taste.

Boulevard Pale ale for that satisfying taste all around

summer wheats just suck

Shakyamunison

And why is this so special anyway........Do we celebrath Saint Thresa's Day.............Who is she anyways,.............or Saint Michael..........Or Saint Jude, St. Clement, St. Debbiejo?????????

My cat Tipper, was born on Saint Patrick's Day. Tomorrow she will be 6. Happy Dance She is the only cat that I've ever known the birthday of.

sweetness
Saint Patricks day is celebrated mainly because he was the man that brought christianity to Ireland and when he came ,he used the shamrock to explain to them about God.He used the shamrock as a way of explaining the trinity.
There is also old legends/tales that he drove all the snakes from Ireland etc......but paddy's day has become more of a tradition rather than a holy day happy

Maestro

To put it in a nutshell, it's pretty much likes Christmas & Easter to a lesser extent in which it has been integrated into society not due to its values but because it brings happiness & entertainment to people, in the case of St Patricks day, people aren't really celebrating the day, but just the reason to go out and get pissed, same with Christmas i.e presents. This in contrary to other dates that people don't like for some reason or another, aren't really celebrated and sometimes forgotten.

Just my 2 cents on it, hope no one is offended by it in anyway big grin

Bardock42
Saint Patricks day is celebrated mainly because he was the man that brought christianity to Ireland and when he came ,he used the shamrock to explain to them about God.He used the shamrock as a way of explaining the trinity.
There is also old legends/tales that he drove all the snakes from Ireland etc......but paddy's day has become more of a tradition rather than a holy day happy

Yeah, and then the Americans stole it and now they dress all green and deat ice cream with root beer....

debbiejo
Root Beer??...............Not root beer to my recollection, lol

Saint Patrick as I have read was going to Ireland, and too his surprise they were already Christianized, so by who then?? The Roman Catholic Church didn't appreciate their form of Christianity though and sent more priests, and monks and use intimidation's to persuade them to accept Easter instead Of Passover and Christmas as of was Mithras birth trying to merge things together.............The church also had many Saints that were supposed to be "Studied" on certain days..........No fun on those days though............So, I guess Christmas, a celebration of St Nicholas, and St. Patrick's day, of this saint would be one to what we could celebrate according to the Church............Guess they rule.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, my Lads! I'm Flah'ed out today. But me spirits high on St. Patty's day.

*eats Lucky Charms*

*dances to Riverdance*

debbiejo
laughing out loud
Me dances too if I could be quist to get me pleasure........

sweetness
Root Beer??...............Not root beer to my recollection, lol

Saint Patrick as I have read was going to Ireland, and too his surprise they were already Christianized, so by who then?? The Roman Catholic Church didn't appreciate their form of Christianity though and sent more priests, and monks and use intimidation's to persuade them to accept Easter instead Of Passover and Christmas as of was Mithras birth trying to merge things together.............The church also had many Saints that were supposed to be "Studied" on certain days..........No fun on those days though............So, I guess Christmas, a celebration of St Nicholas, and St. Patrick's day, of this saint would be one to what we could celebrate according to the Church............Guess they rule.

I'm pretty sure that Ireland was a pagan country before St Patrick came stick out tongue

debbiejo
I'm pretty sure that Ireland was a pagan country before St Patrick came stick out tongue So the church would tell ya, though in many other documents they were Christians, just not the sort the church wanted to recognise...........they did believe in Jesus, though they did keep the Sabbath an some OT teachings. .....This is written in some Celtic writings..........If who ever wanted to keep these teachings were ostracized and cut off, church by church and village by village sending in more and more monks..........Look at old maps of the periods. When you look at them along with the history you can see what the church did to convert them...........Ireland was an Island and the mainland didn't have much to do with them until later. They were to busy converting the main lands.........

soleran30
http://www.allaboutirish.com/library/bookrev/rev-saved.shtm

Debbiejo that little link might interest yeah. You certainly know your stuff about christianity and many other things inbetween. LOL I am not attempting to convert or spout christianity cuz I thought the book was long winded however you might thinks its interesting.

Now back to St Patricks day did he drive the snakes outta Ireland on that holidaysmile

sweetness
So the church would tell ya, though in many other documents they were Christians, just not the sort the church wanted to recognise...........they did believe in Jesus, though they did keep the Sabbath an some OT teachings. .....This is written in some Celtic writings..........If who ever wanted to keep these teachings were ostracized and cut off, church by church and village by village sending in more and more monks..........Look at old maps of the periods. When you look at them along with the history you can see what the church did to convert them...........Ireland was an Island and the mainland didn't have much to do with them until later. They were to busy converting the main lands.........

you learn something new everyday , i never knew that embarrasment

debbiejo
So....................What'ts the best beer???????????????????........Seems to be what everyone cares about anyways.....................Or should we put little hats on like we do here.................hahaha.........put some Irish toons on and dance around sayin "Me like it too"???????????............hahah

soleran30
lol "best" depends on what you likesmile Trust me irish car bombssmile Grab a guiness then a shot of bailies irish cream .....................drop the irish cream in the guiness and slam it! Bam irish car bomb...............and a wicked hang over to bootsmile

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
http://www.allaboutirish.com/library/bookrev/rev-saved.shtm

Debbiejo that little link might interest yeah. You certainly know your stuff about christianity and many other things inbetween. LOL I am not attempting to convert or spout christianity cuz I thought the book was long winded however you might thinks its interesting.

Now back to St Patricks day did he drive the snakes outta Ireland on that holidaysmile Ha ha ha......oh, those Vikings just want to ruin everything..............don't they..... whistle bunny bunny

Smasandian
Look it up on the Net, its a wonderfully place to find any question you had.

So, I did it.

Patrick was a priest who brought Christianity to Ireland. He died on March 17th.
The reason why it's celebrated here is because the Irish immigrants in Boston celebrated it, and I guess it become popular.
It could also be because Spring is around the corner, and people need a reason to celebrate that, and it just happens that St. Paddy's Day is around the time of Spring.

kimmeh
Fun Fact: 34.5 million americans claim irish ancestry.. thats 30 million more than the entire population of ireland

Ladyluck
My cat's birthday is on St. Patty's Day. stick out tongue

Plus it's an excuse to get drunk. yes

sharpedge
hmmm... lot's of questions...

Makedde

I love Saint Patricks Day! I like to dress in green each year and go to the pub for Irish Stew and Guiness. stick out tongue

botankus
St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays, bar none (okay, maybe bar a few).

debbiejo
Todays the day!!!

botankus
Green beer for everyone! fruits_applebeer

debbiejo
But that beer looks kinda yellow..........lol

They're serving Corned beef and cabbage around here..........

Eis
I wore green today. no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I wore green today. no expression

No, no, you were a green whore today. That's different.

Eis
No, no, you were a green whore today. That's different.
I wasn't a green whore today. sad

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I wasn't a green whore today. sad

That is, what you think.

Eis
That is, what you think.
How do you know I was one then? Oh wait, was that you in in the janitor's closet?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
How do you know I was one then? Oh wait, was that you in in the janitor's closet?

No comment.

Eis
No comment.
Don't be shy now.

botankus
3 pages into this thread and no clover smilies?

cloverclovercloverclovercloverbeercloverclover
drunk

crazy_c
Illegal. THINK OF THE PIPES!!

And the question is why wouldn't you want to be oirish Debbiejo????? WHY?!?

Paddy's day is sucking so far... gay weather and no money for drink.... This day has so far been a total waste of illumious green tights!!

debbiejo
sad

Morgoths_Wrath

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Morgoths_Wrath

don't forget about our passion for potatoes!!

Morgoths_Wrath

'cause Saint Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland and brought Christianity to the Irish people!

duh! now let's have a beer

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
don't forget about our passion for potatoes!!

Nope, no such thing, just: Talk funny, drink a lot and beat you up when you look at them.

Morgoths_Wrath
Nope, no such thing, just: Talk funny, drink a lot and beat you up when you look at them.

I don't beat people up when they look at me blink

...unless I'm drunk

debbiejo
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad ^^^^^ Look!! Bad temper....lol

Bardock42
I don't beat people up when they look at me blink

...unless I'm drunk

Which you are always, since you talk funny...since you are Irish...you see, it all fits together.

Morgoths_Wrath
Which you are always, since you talk funny...since you are Irish...you see, it all fits together.

I don't talk funny....everyone else does! shutup

Bardock42
I don't talk funny....everyone else does! sick

Oh yeah, that's true.

sweetness

Irish people dont talk funny stick out tongue ......except for those from cork

crazy_c
Or Kerryish people

Bardock42
Originally posted by crazy_c
Or Kerryish people

Peter talks funny...he has an Irish Heritage.

KJ
Why celebrate St Patricks day when people don't even celebrate their own countires saints?

It's just a big marketing ploy.

debbiejo
It just gives people another reason to get sloshed at 7am in the morning....... beer

crickey77
I don't know about you all but I am ready to drink some green beer!

debbiejo
I'm sure we will see a lot of drunk posters later........ whistle

Here's a joke someone sent me:

> > John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to
> > spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me
> > wife!"
> >
> > That won him the top prize at the pub for the best
> > toast of the night!
> >
> > He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize
> > for the Best toast of the night"
> >
> > She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"
> >
> > John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life,
> > sitting in church beside me wife."
> >
> > "Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.
> >
> > The next day,! Mary ran into one of John's drinking
> > buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled
> > leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other
> > night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."
> >
> > She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised
> > myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the
> > last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other
> > time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come.
> > laughing out loud

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by crickey77
I don't know about you all but I am ready to drink some green beer!

drunk

Deano
http://www.scaryhorrormovies.com/leprechaun.jpg

give the irish there beer or else this guy will be coming after you

Mr Parker
yeah I've always pretty much forgotten about it as well.

amity75
I was in Belfast once and in a shop window there was a sign saying "Bomber Jackets half price". I had to chuckle.

Goldentooth13
I love saint. Patricks day...I was very lucky yesterday and I got a kiss from a girl I didnt even know....she was pretty smile

Fishy
Originally posted by Goldentooth13
I love saint. Patricks day...I was very lucky yesterday and I got a kiss from a girl I didnt even know....she was pretty smile

You sure about that? Or were you drunk?

Wesker
I'm sure we will see a lot of drunk posters later........ whistle

Here's a joke someone sent me:

> > John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to
> > spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me
> > wife!"
> >
> > That won him the top prize at the pub for the best
> > toast of the night!
> >
> > He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize
> > for the Best toast of the night"
> >
> > She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?"
> >
> > John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life,
> > sitting in church beside me wife."
> >
> > "Oh, that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.
> >
> > The next day,! Mary ran into one of John's drinking
> > buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled
> > leeringly and said, "John won the prize the other
> > night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary."
> >
> > She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised
> > myself. You know, he's only been there twice in the
> > last four years. Once he fell asleep, and the other
> > time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come.
> > laughing out loud

lmao

Lana
Irish people dont talk funny stick out tongue ......except for those from cork

My family's from Cork stick out tongue

silver_tears
I pinch people not wearing green, yayness happy

sweetness
Originally posted by Lana
My family's from Cork stick out tongue

They have really funny accents stick out tongue

botankus
St. Patrick's Day was fun this year, drank lots of green beer, and if you've ever drank green beer, you know how the next day is...laughing out loud

shaber
Can you drink a leprechaun under the table?

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
St. Patrick's Day was fun this year, drank lots of green beer, and if you've ever drank green beer, you know how the next day is...laughing out loud If it goes in green, does it come out green? big grin

finti
they dont reach above the table so that shouldnt have been a problem

botankus
If it goes in green, does it come out green? big grin
You are indeed wise. notworthy

debbiejo
laughing out loud

A picture is worth a thousand words..........got any???.......lol

finti
green beer sicksick

we dont need no green colored beer
we dont need that promotion fuzz
no greenish foam to spoil my beverage
st patrick leave our beer alone
Hey st patrick leave our beer alone!!!!!
All in all your just a prick in the ground"

debbiejo
Sounds a little Pink Floyd to me.........

shaber
I'll not rest till I have me gold, curse this well where my bones do dwell till I find the magic that breaks the spell.

debbiejo
I followed a rainbow once when I lived in Denver............guess what I found at the end?........ sad

Fishy
I followed a rainbow once when I lived in Denver............guess what I found at the end?........ sad

Nothing cause a rainbow never ends stoopid

botankus
Maybe she's still following it wink give her some more time to report.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Fishy
Nothing cause a rainbow never ends stoopid It does too....... But the closer you get, it dissipates and so you can never really see the end...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Denver had many double and single rainbows.

badAssSoadFan13
Originally posted by finti
green beer sicksick

we dont need no green colored beer
we dont need that promotion fuzz
no greenish foam to spoil my beverage
st patrick leave our beer alone
Hey st patrick leave our beer alone!!!!!
All in all your just a prick in the ground"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH sorry, i thought that was reallly funny.

K.Diddy
I couldn't give a **** about st pat's day smile

lancethebrave
Saint Patrick had something to do with the the baptism of the irish... or something along those lines, anyways after he converted the irish it was known as the land of saints... think thats got to do with it? stick out tongue as well as since we were all christians when we first came here as the first settelers were british which means christianity ahoy

amity75
Originally posted by K.Diddy
I couldn't give a **** about st pat's day smile Amen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.