Guitarists: What effect pedals do you use?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
I've recently come upon quite a few new effect pedals and realized that i have a fairly extensive collection of effects. I refuse to use one of those shit, programmable multieffect digital jobs on my guitar so i've got lots of tiny little cables.

So basically, what pedals do you use and have you discovered any weird settings on them?

Here's my current rig (hoping to find a better guitar and amp soon, but that's a topic for a different thread)

Left-handed Squire Stratocaster-Boss DS-1 Distortion (i use it mainly for old school distortion sound or as a tube overdrivey kind of sound)-Digitech Death Metal distortion (used for crunch and feedback)-Digitech X-Series Multichorus-Boss AW-2 Auto Wah-Ibanez Digital Flanger-Danelectro PB & J Delay (Should be crappy but sounds amazing)-Crate GFX25 solid state amp

BTW, i like their flanger but i hate everything else Ibanez has ever made with a passion.

Bardiel13
I use a DigiTech X-Series Metal Master. I have my own custom setting that I refuse to share with anyone! No copies!!

Mr. Bacon
digitech board

alic88
i use the wah pedal most of the time, its my fav.

Darth Jello
quick vote: Batteries or adaptors? I vote batteries, no annoying hum.

eggmayo
I have practically zero money, so just a Zoom 505ii sad

papabeard
none

amity75
I have a zoom effects board blushing

badAssSoadFan13
Hey, I'm new to this, so sorry if it's all boring or something.
I use a Boss ME-50 multiple effects pedal. It has Distortion(so many effects), Modulation(a lot of those too) and Delay.
I don't use the delay too much but it's cool to have.
-

Darth Jello
what's the appeal of all the multieffects? they never sound as good as singular pedals, not to mention analog ones and they are a pain to program

mysterio69
i have a boss distortion, a boss octave pedal, a boss dd-6 delay pedal, a morley wah, an mxr phase 90, and a danelectro 'tuna melt' tremolo. and i have an e-bow. it's sweet.

Darth Jello
which distortion? the DS-1 or the rare DS-2 super distortion?

eggmayo

mysterio69
Originally posted by Darth Jello
which distortion? the DS-1 or the rare DS-2 super distortion?
ds-1. i've seen the ds-2 in a 'used' bin, but i don't trust used bins.

Darth Jello
used beens are fine if its a boss, digitech, or DOD. those are indestructable. you should've gotten it.

mysterio69
Originally posted by Darth Jello
used beens are fine if its a boss, digitech, or DOD. those are indestructable. you should've gotten it.
well then, i'm an idiot i guess. sad

Darth Jello
generally, if it's a BOSS, you can hit it with a semitruck and it'll be fine

mysterio69
well, back to the used bins i go.doh

Darth Jello
I heard the Danelectro Vibe/tone is pretty awesome

mysterio69
never tried it. i find the volume of my danelectro tuna-melt pedal tends to be a little low.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.