Megatron vs Dr Doom vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
who is the best evil ruler?

maxivitopowe
Doom

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Kontraz
who is the best evil ruler?

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Doom

There's a bit of instability in all 3, isn't there?

I'm ALMOST inclined to go with Doom, but he always, when he achieves rulership, seems ... fragile?
As if getting what he wanted weakened the resolve he had when he still had conquest as a goal.
Case in point, Secret Wars. He convinces himself he is benevolent and above ugly human emotions and conflicts.
Then destroys the Avengers and assembled heroes for opposing him, as they feel they must.
But feels guilty about it and subconsciously "helps" them resurrect through the efforts of the Beyonder-possessed Klaw,
lone surviving member Colossus, and his own stolen probability-affecting power.
Then allows the heroes the chance they need to win.

On the other hand, in his own limited kingdom of Latveria, he has established a place where residents have no fear of crime or violence outside of him,
but they relish any chance to rebel for he has allowed them little voice or freedom.
It's like he doesn't really feel himself fit to rule any but the most plebian of people and works to sabotage himself
when he "knows" he controls too much or has become too powerful.

Magneto is a bit better. MOST people under him genuinely appreciate his rule, admire his courage and vision, and will willingly fight for him to the death.
But there always seem to be dissidents like Fabian Cortez or Exodus who fault him for not being ruthless enough,
retributive enough to the humans who persecuted them before his rise to power and rebel.
Magneto should check them before they become a problem, should arguably put such warmongers down. But he doesn't.
And it always winds up ruining the legitimate, albeit isolated utopias Magneto creates for all people seeking a better life under him.

Can't comment much on Megatron. I am familiar with the old original 1980s cartoon version,
and even the one from the Choose Your Own Adventure style series, not the one from the comics.
The cartoon version of Megatron kept everyone except Starscream in line, disciplined his troops relatively well, and generally guarded their well-being.
When he took over the entirety of planet Earth in a two-part episode, he demonstrated he was a slavemaster,
but not a particularly cruel one, sparing runaways and rebels, even stating IIRC that he had no desire to have anything less than healthy,
able-bodied workers under his rule.
Definitely not some annihilating force like Unicron, or some coldly murderous being like Shockwave in the comics was portrayed to be.
The CYOA version, on the other hand, if not benign, had a sense of honor.
If he made a bargain, you could trust him to keep it, even if you were an enemy of his, as Buster Witwicky found out when he negotiated for his father.

I suppose my ranking at this point would be:

1. Magneto
2. Doom
3. Megatron

bluewaterrider
Oh, yeah: In case no one knows what I'm talking about with the Transformers Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style series,
here, while it lasts, is a copy-and-paste-able link to a wiki of it:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dinobots_Strike_Back

Swamp Walker
Doom

http://i.imgur.com/PCrHQ8V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mUOS4Ei.jpg

DarkRaiden
Doom for godhood is beneath Doom.

Odekahn
Doom. He's always one step ahead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.