mutant or not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samishe
I just wonder. Remember the end of X-men2 when Xavier was going to kill firstly all mutants and then all humans?

So i wonder if Spider-man would've died with mutants or with humans if Xavier succeeded.

Evil SeeD
Umm Spider-man isn't alive in that world.. lol...

And if he was he is a mutant... he has powers.. So he would have died with the mutants...

The spider which bit him mutated his DNA so he is a mutant....

Now do you honestly think this needed its own thread..? messed

SpyCspider
mutation by biological definitioin, is just an abnormal change in genetic material (DNA, RNA). Both comic Spidey and movie Spidey had their genes altered in some f*cked up way....via radiation or genetic "super-spiders"

so yes, technically Spidey is a mutant and should die, but not according to Marvel, I think. So should anyone who's been exposed to mutagens and had their genes messed up in some way.

go fig on comic-book science

samishe
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Umm Spider-man isn't alive in that world.. lol...

And if he was he is a mutant... he has powers.. So he would have died with the mutants...

The spider which bit him mutated his DNA so he is a mutant....

Now do you honestly think this needed its own thread..? messed

What do you mean Spider-man isn't alive in that world?

SpyCspider
he means Spidey doesn't exist in X-men 2 from the movies.....neither does Daredevil, Blade, etc

but i understood your question since it's based on assumption

And what's wrong with this thread? It's new and not something rehashed about "symbiote pics, villain for spidey 3, etc"

Evil SeeD
In the X-Men world there is no such thing as Spider-man...

laughing

SpyCspider

laughing

except when he runs in during one of their blooper shots... cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTOItuwGkvw&search=x-men%20blooper

samishe

laughing

Well in Spider-man movie there was mentioned dr strange.

And in comics Spidey met with x-men many times. They are from the same universe, don't you know that?

samishe
Originally posted by SpyCspider

And what's wrong with this thread? It's new and not something rehashed about "symbiote pics, villain for spidey 3, etc"

Thank you!

samishe
Originally posted by SpyCspider
except when he runs in during one of their blooper shots... cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTOItuwGkvw&search=x-men%20blooper

laughing laughing laughing

Evil SeeD
uggg wutever... no

samishe
uggg wutever... no

confused

samishe
big grin

DBZ MAN
Techniacaly the wording is 'Mutogenic' not mutant.

NoFate007
Actually I think we are supposed to assume that even in the film world, they do exist within each other. There is a Punisher cameo in Spider-Man 2, there is that deleted scene where Reed turns into Wolverine, and in Spider-Man 2 JJJ even mentions how Dr. Strange is "already taken". Although they don't blatantly say something like "I was working with The Hulk the other day...", I think they do still live within the other realms.

As for whether or not Spider-Man would've been killed, I don't think he would have. If mutant = anybody with superpowers, then that would include Captain America and Thor and blah blah, and they aren't mutants. Spider-Man had his DNA altered, yeah, but not the "mutant x gene". He didn't have that, he just received extra DNA. Unless the spider was a mutant x gene carrying spider, I doubt Spider-Man would have been killed.

samishe
Originally posted by NoFate007
Actually I think we are supposed to assume that even in the film world, they do exist within each other. There is a Punisher cameo in Spider-Man 2, there is that deleted scene where Reed turns into Wolverine, and in Spider-Man 2 JJJ even mentions how Dr. Strange is "already taken". Although they don't blatantly say something like "I was working with The Hulk the other day...", I think they do still live within the other realms.

As for whether or not Spider-Man would've been killed, I don't think he would have. If mutant = anybody with superpowers, then that would include Captain America and Thor and blah blah, and they aren't mutants. Spider-Man had his DNA altered, yeah, but not the "mutant x gene". He didn't have that, he just received extra DNA. Unless the spider was a mutant x gene carrying spider, I doubt Spider-Man would have been killed.

Punisher cameo? Reed turns into Woloverine? When?

DBZ MAN
Check out the Bonus discs once in a while? laughing

samishe
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Check out the Bonus discs once in a while? laughing

How did Wolverine looked like?

SpyCspider
Originally posted by NoFate007

exactly...Marvel comic-book science

cuz every being with superpowers has got to have a messed up genetic system

Marcus4600
Well, Parker doesn't have the X gene, so no. He would have died with the humans.

willRules
By comic book standards, a mutant is anyone born with the genetic quirk that differs them from the rest of society. By our "Real World" standards it doesn't have to be from birth.

steverules
In an ultimate spidey comic spidey gets called a mutant by some hoodies and he keeps telling them he's not. He then asks Wolverine, and wolverine told spidey ain't a mutant.

willRules
Originally posted by steverules
In an ultimate spidey comic spidey gets called a mutant by some hoodies and he keeps telling them he's not. He then asks Wolverine, and wolverine told spidey ain't a mutant.

thats because spidey..............wait for it...................... Isn't a MUTANT eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Macabre
Like what has already been stated....Spiderman's a mutate, not a mutant. So he would have died with the humans....All he is, is a human that had a genetic quirk that allowed him to stay alive after the spider bit him, therefore making him a mutate.

SpyCspider
uh...what's a mutate?

steverules
Originally posted by willRules
thats because spidey..............wait for it...................... Isn't a MUTANT eek! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok then, yeah I kinda knew that. I was just statin the obvious facts Will.

Xirius
Originally posted by samishe
Well in Spider-man movie there was mentioned dr strange.

And in comics Spidey met with x-men many times. They are from the same universe, don't you know that?

The movies are only based on the comics, they dont follow them exactly and, because of copyright of the different movie companies, they dont exist in each others storylines.........

samishe
Originally posted by Xirius
The movies are only based on the comics, they dont follow them exactly and, because of copyright of the different movie companies, they dont exist in each others storylines.........

Well, Strange still was mentioned in the movie.

Drache53
I think that's because Strange hasn't gotten a movie deal yet. lol I think Spidey would've died with the humans. For he is mutagenic, or a mutate as others call him.

Knightfall93
Wow, for once I agree with Martcus! That blopper's hilarious... PUNISHER CAMEO!? Reeed turns into WOLVIE? Holy S.H.I.T

doctorstrongbad
Okay guys listen up... Spider-man is not a mutant. Mutants are born with there powers, spider-man was bitten by a spider. Way back in the 90's it even said on Spider-man's comics "the non-mutant hero". Okay people? ... I'm getting too old for this stuff. lol

Xirius
Originally posted by Drache53
I think that's because Strange hasn't gotten a movie deal yet.
yes

doctorstrongbad
They will have to make a Defenders movie for us to see Dr. Strange.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Okay guys listen up... Spider-man is not a mutant. Mutants are born with there powers, spider-man was bitten by a spider. Way back in the 90's it even said on Spider-man's comics "the non-mutant hero". Okay people? ... I'm getting too old for this stuff. lol

yesss...we've already agreed on that. According to Marvel science, he's not. According to real-life, he would be most definitely classified as one--sole reason because his genetic makeup got whacked.

docb77
^what he said, and I majored in Genetics, so it's no end of hilarity to me.

Where's the punisher cameo, bonus disc or movie? something you have to be paying attention to?

chucktaylor
Yeah! When was the Punisher cameo?!

NoFate007
I saw this thing a few times that has them stating that they set up Thomas Jane to make a cameo as a sort of tie-in, just a little nod to fans that would notice it. Supposedly he's in the scene at the end when MJ is running in the wedding dress (one of the worst and cheeziest scenes in the series). But its not supposed to be "hey, that looks like Thomas Jane", its actually supposed to be "...is that the Punisher?"

I highly doubt he's carrying a gun and wearing the skull shirt and all that, but he's in there, and they purposely put him in there for that reason just like how they named Ditkovich as a nod to Steve Ditko.

Drache53
Hm.. I'll check that out tonight. yes Yup.

Marcus4600
Same here.

docb77
me three cool

chucktaylor
Me Four!!! big grin

carnageandvenom
lol nice thread

Red Superfly
The sentinals would regularly find guys like Spider-Man and they'd say things like "Alterred Human, non-viable target" or something like that and leave them alone.

So Xaviar/Cerebro would also leave Spider-Man alone.

A mutant is someone thats born with their powers through the next stage in evolution. The X-Gene.

Spider-Man has human DNA, only alterred. Technically he has been mutated, yes, but "mutant" means someone who was born like that, and guys like Spidey have no trace of the X-Gene that gets targeted by mutant holocausts.

Spider-Man is an alterred human.

Drache53
Amen brother.

docb77
LOL laughing

Ah people that take comicbook science seriously. Yes we know that by marvels definition Spidey's just an altered human and mutants are born not made.

Real world - when there is a change in the DNA of any organism it's called a mutation, an organism that differs from the wildtype (normal) genotype because of a mutation is called a mutant.

The X-gene is the made up mutation of the X-men world. No one gene could cause the breadth of powers we see attributed to "mutants"

So by marvel definition spiderman is not a mutant, by the actual science (if such a thing as superpowers were real). Spiderman is definitely not the wildtype(visible in phenotype, let alone genotype) therefore he underwent mutation and is therefore a mutant. (Genetic counselors don't actually say mutant to avoid hurting anyones feelings anyways, so they wouldn't even call the x-men mutants. lol)

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Red Superfly
The sentinals would regularly find guys like Spider-Man and they'd say things like "Alterred Human, non-viable target" or something like that and leave them alone.

So Xaviar/Cerebro would also leave Spider-Man alone.

A mutant is someone thats born with their powers through the next stage in evolution. The X-Gene.

Spider-Man has human DNA, only alterred. Technically he has been mutated, yes, but "mutant" means someone who was born like that, and guys like Spidey have no trace of the X-Gene that gets targeted by mutant holocausts.

Spider-Man is an alterred human. Perfectly said except if He's altered spidey then whos the guy in Marvel Nemisis? (don't take that as a serious question.)

willRules
Originally posted by docb77
LOL laughing

Ah people that take comicbook science seriously. Yes we know that by marvels definition Spidey's just an altered human and mutants are born not made.

Real world - when there is a change in the DNA of any organism it's called a mutation, an organism that differs from the wildtype (normal) genotype because of a mutation is called a mutant.

The X-gene is the made up mutation of the X-men world. No one gene could cause the breadth of powers we see attributed to "mutants"

So by marvel definition spiderman is not a mutant, by the actual science (if such a thing as superpowers were real). Spiderman is definitely not the wildtype(visible in phenotype, let alone genotype) therefore he underwent mutation and is therefore a mutant. (Genetic counselors don't actually say mutant to avoid hurting anyones feelings anyways, so they wouldn't even call the x-men mutants. lol)

but of course that's assuming we were referring to real world standards as opposed to comic book..... wink

Evil SeeD
Oh brother.... thats all i got.... messed

chucktaylor
I cant find Punisher! Waaaaaa!

Spideys Sister
How do you have a daredevil sig in the Spidey section? Peter and Matt had issues last I checked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.