How did GL do it? To make Nat Portman look soooo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
...BUTT FRIKIN UGLY!!!

sorry for the odd thread, but who's with me? this has bugged me for a long time, and now after the v trailer and snl i must vent...

even in the V trailer where she looks like a bald strung out junkie she STILL looks uber-hot. how the hell did george lucas and company manage to take one of hollywood's most luscious babes and make her look like skeletor??? (referring to the balcany scene sick) this is the type of girl who could just roll out of bed after 3 days of partying and binge drinking, unshowered, unbrushed, stanky old cloths from last week's laundry, and STILL be so monumentally doable.

i want to know how, and why. first how could they have actually managed to make her look so subpar, and why did they try so damn hard to do it? my only theory is that they wanted to make her look older. well if so they failed miserably.

thoughts?

DeVi| D0do
Maybe they were tryin to give her that pregnant lady glow... but failed miserably. I think that scene must have been shot in pick ups because she just looks so much different there compared to most of the rest of the film... which still doesn't excuse the piss poor make up job they did... erm

KENobi™
Her hair was pulled back too tight as well and that added to the ugly. Though, the rest of the movie she looked damn cute.

Tarvos
There were other scenes where she looked messed up. She was ok in her good scenes... I guess....

Ushgarak
Odd... I thought she looked fine in SW. Terrible in V.

PVS
Originally posted by Tarvos
There were other scenes where she looked messed up. She was ok in her good scenes... I guess....

but thats just the problem isnt it? in some scenes, she looked...ok.

chinabing
Ofercryingoutloud! She looked fantastic in the balcony scene! Natalie can brush her hair on my balcony any day of the week. She can give a sideways glance, smile, and I'd just melt!

Where's the heart? Do you have one still beating inside you that you can't think a pregnant woman bearing twins standing on a balcony brushing her hair in the moonlight isn't one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen? You can have your hooker-on-a-bender, I'll take Natalie on a balcony. love

Sesse
No!

Not if the father of those "glowing twins" is a whiny double-crosser.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Maybe they were tryin to give her that pregnant lady glow... but failed miserably. I think that scene must have been shot in pick ups because she just looks so much different there compared to most of the rest of the film... which still doesn't excuse the piss poor make up job they did... erm

Correct.

That was shot in pickups.

I think she's SUPPOSED to look funky, you know like without her makeup at the end of the day, before bed.

(to show ani and padme's "married life" in some small way before it all comes crashing down in the dream sequence coming right after)-quoting GL from the commentary.

Her looking crappy is what the crappy dialouge is about.

He says she's hot.

She says its cuz she's in love, he says it back.

"so love has blinded you?" (to my nasty ass without any makeup and my frizzy hair everywhere?)

Being married, and seeing two versions of my wife at times, I get the joke.

BTW, she was beautiful in AOTC, and some of ROTS, its just the wardrobe in some shots that throws her off.

Guy LeDouche
Natilie was hot, is hot, and will be hot.

McCusto
I thought on the balcony scene her dress made her neck look a little too skinny.

Stun
Originally posted by PVS
...BUTT FRIKIN UGLY!!!

sorry for the odd thread, but who's with me? this has bugged me for a long time, and now after the v trailer and snl i must vent...

even in the V trailer where she looks like a bald strung out junkie she STILL looks uber-hot. how the hell did george lucas and company manage to take one of hollywood's most luscious babes and make her look like skeletor??? (referring to the balcany scene sick) this is the type of girl who could just roll out of bed after 3 days of partying and binge drinking, unshowered, unbrushed, stanky old cloths from last week's laundry, and STILL be so monumentally doable.

i want to know how, and why. first how could they have actually managed to make her look so subpar, and why did they try so damn hard to do it? my only theory is that they wanted to make her look older. well if so they failed miserably.

thoughts?

Padme

Geonosis outfit.....after it was rippedlaughing out loud

drool

Darth Subjekt
Yea it looks like she went to the balcony after a crack binge at Snake Mountain. Thats why Anakin even hesitated, "youre so.....(cant believe im about to say this..)..beautiful." I think GL is a bastard for doing that to her.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Odd... I thought she looked fine in SW. Terrible in V. I didn't see a problem with her in V. She's one of the few people who would look good after having their head shaved of those curly locks. There were scenes that were questionable in RoTS.

Mother of Sorgo
I thought she looked pretty hot in the Ruminations scene.

Jen-R
She looked like a damn heroin addict in the balcony scene, when she turned around real fat i was like "Yesh!!! Take it away!" nirvana

I thought she looked cute in the Ruminations and Mustafar scene... just those two.. well she looked okay at the beginning with the buns and all.

But after that balcony scene i was like, "damn....???" She looked like she had already given birth, i swear.

It had BAD lighting and she had waay TOO MUCH make up for a girl to wear... espcially if she was fixen to go to bed..

Maybe Anakin always liked her looking ugly bcuz he couldnt handle that someone looked better than him shutup

Jedi Priestess
See I thought those buns looked like ass myself. Leias were much better.

Council#13
I shudder thinking about her on the balcony

Originally posted by Stun
Padme

Geonosis outfit.....after it was rippedlaughing out loud

drool

droolio

Guy LeDouche
droolio

garn
That was obviously purposefully done to show how Anakin can see beauty in her, while the audience may have difficulty doing so. It demonstrates how different Anakin's perspective is from our own. Do you honestly believe that this is the result of a faulty make-up process during pick-ups? I doubt any sane filmmaker would let such a horrendous oversight, as many of you assume it is, slip through.

General G
Originally posted by chinabing
Ofercryingoutloud! She looked fantastic in the balcony scene! Natalie can brush her hair on my balcony any day of the week. She can give a sideways glance, smile, and I'd just melt!

Where's the heart? Do you have one still beating inside you that you can't think a pregnant woman bearing twins standing on a balcony brushing her hair in the moonlight isn't one of the most beautiful things you've ever seen? You can have your hooker-on-a-bender, I'll take Natalie on a balcony. love

I see nothing wrong with the way Padme looked, she looked AWESOME! So I agree with the two quotes above.

Sesse
I really didn't notice her appearance in that scene. I was more focused on listening to the dialogue, as in scenes like that, the message is almost always in their speech.

"Yeah, nice Padme, Shure, Whiny Annie, Yeah, Get to the duels already"

amity75
The dark side was clouding her attractiveness.

SpyCspider
^hahah

no, seriously, when the camera switched to her during that scene, there was audible "gasp" from the movie theater followed by a few whispers of "wtf? eww..."

i was taken aback

garn
Pay close attention to the dialogue. The underlying message is clear.

Council#13

meh, she looks horrible in Episode III and V for Vendetta

Altar[1stONE]
ROFL, thank you i thought i was the only one who noticed she didnt look all to well in that scene although it was touching.

spekdah
I'm looking at the scene ( on the balcony) right now and you can tell GL has really gone to town on Natalies face, its sorta skewed and odd shaped. Natalie has a very classical look about her with very even proportions with her eyes , cheeks and jawline ( although her forehead can appear a little protruded sometimes).
But in THAT scene her jaw, forehead and cheeks look very chunky and slightly bloated, almost male-like, and her eyes look closer together and strangly aligned ( prob hair pulled back). The funny thing is that she looks like this when she faces Anakin ( towards the camera) but when she turns her head back to look out over the city her side profile goes back to normal.
I think GL has played around with her face digitally like he did with Ewans face to match Alec G ( although ever so subtley). I actually was quite suprised how LITTLE GL used digital tech for ageing in these prequals

spekdah
oh, and to answer your question as to why GL did this? I think partly because he wanted Padme to look older and " with child' and partly because he just wanted to see wether he could do it.

Council#13
Yeah........ I agree

Da preacher
Originally posted by chinabing

Eleonora
Originally posted by PVS

even in the V trailer where she looks like a bald strung out junkie she STILL looks uber-hot.

Oh please don't be serious! sick sick sick
I can't imagine a man who would prefer bold Natalie to SW Natalie. That's just sick.

This is called day-dreaming wink . Seriously, have you ever seen paparazzi pics of her? She looks terrible!!! No wonder she's so pissed at them big grin .
However, I thought she looked lovely in episode III, thanks to the make-up artists of course devil, so I can't see the problem here.

Lord Mader
probably when she looked best was when everything was silenced and anakin and padme were just looking out the window right before the mace windu fight with palpy

Red Superfly
She looked wierd.

I almost did a "shiver of disgust" in the cinema when I saw her on the balcony.

Padme (removing makeup): "Do you like me now, Anakin?"

Anakin: "Jesus Christ, first Palpatine and now you. You're all just a bunch of freaks! Get the hell away from me I'm going to take a bath in some lava"

*he does*

Anakin (looking in mirror): "Gah! Now I'm one of you! Nooooooooo!"

George Lucas: "The shape-shifting assassin in Episode II foreshadowed what would happen to Palpatine, Anakin and PadmARRRRGH!!!!!" - (is killed by fans angerred by Portmans horrific transformation into a ten-to-two-er.)

Altar[1stONE]
..................shut up.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Altar
..................shut up.

1. Why?

2. No.

Altar[1stONE]
1. Your joke sucked.

2. You suck Happy Dance

PVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/Smilie.gif

Tarvos
Isn't V the movie she shaved her head for?

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Tarvos
Isn't V the movie she shaved her head for? Indeed. And I thought she looked way hotter in RotS love and in V ..... no She looked freaking ugly! sick

SpyCspider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y--cvrKZ-8&search=snl%20natalie%20portman

for those who still haven't seen Natalie's Dark Side.... wink

Deicide
i would have cut her in half with my saber and force threw he over the balcony....smile

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Altar
1. Your joke sucked.

2. You suck Happy Dance

1. No.

2. Reported.

Deicide
I hated Padme, im glad she died. i wanted to see that atrocity Jar-Jar Binks die. if i were Anakin i would have lopped his eyes off his head. then he'd prolly say "Meesa cant see!" then id cut him to bits. there....smile
Episode 3 shoulda been more like the book. more killing and gruesomeness. if i were George Lucas id be like "forget bein pc and kid friendly. this is MY saga, and itll go the way i want it to go.

overlord
Padme Tatooine outfit was the best..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.