Thing vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Before anybody cracks a nut I know this has been done before. But there is alot of new people in these forums and I think we need a poll to get some accurate numbers. So I hope the mods don't close it.

Two evenly matched heroes going toe to toe. Who wins?

batdude123
Colossus. He's stronger and probably more durable. Ben's BARELY got him licked in fighting abillity, but that's about it.

TheKahn
Draw. Ben has heart, Peter has rage. I'd say they're about even.

snoopdogg
I say a good fight here. But there will be a winner. Thing is tough and does not quit. He keeps on going. Look at his respect thread he has done some cool sh!t.

TheKahn
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I say a good fight here. But there will be a winner. Thing is tough and does not quit. He keeps on going. Look at his respect thread he has done some cool sh!t.

I agree that there will be a winner. Its just 5/10 it will be Colossus and 5/10 Ben. stick out tongue

They both have years of training and very similar levels of strength and durability. Neither really has a clear advantage, imo.

snoopdogg
I think Colossus has durability edge and a speed edge also. Colossus according to the handbooks has greater durabilty and speed.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/WolverinecuttinThing.jpg
(Wolverine slices Thing open)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg
(Wolverine tries to slice Colossus resulting in sparks)

But I do give Thing the slight fighting edge though.

I say Colossus edges Thing 6/10.

batdude123
I think Colossus has durability edge and a speed edge also. Colossus according to the handbooks has greater durabilty and speed.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg

That's basically what I said.

Tony Stark

Thats just one artist rendision of THING and Wolvies claws... There are others that show him not being able cut through.

I think that Ben's fighting skill edge is greater than slight. Durabilty I will also give to Ben

(durabilty isn't just can you be cut or not or burned or whatever... It also means how much punishment can someone take in a fight without quiting.)

And that being said Ben's got beat Colossus 8 days a week. People may laugh but Ben's (HEART) means alot.

I'm willing to bet if there was a poll amongest Marvels hero's.

Who would you want to get your back in a life or death situation against whomever or whatever Ben or Peter? Outside of characters with an "X" by their team affiliation. The high majority of them would take Ben hands down... High 90's% is my guess.

Strength i'd say is pretty even right now.

That being said The THING 8/10

wink

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Thats just one artist rendision of THING and Wolvies claws... There are others that show him not being able cut through.

I think that Ben's fighting skill edge is greater than slight. Durabilty I will also give to Ben

(durabilty isn't just can you be cut or not or burned or whatever... It also means how much punishment can someone take in a fight without quiting.)

And that being said Ben's got beat Colossus 8 days a week. People may laugh but Ben's (HEART) means alot.

I'm willing to bet if there was a poll amongest Marvels hero's.

Who would you want to get your back in a life or death situation against whomever or whatever Ben or Peter? Outside of characters with an "X" by their team affiliation. The high majority of them would take Ben hands down... High 90's% is my guess.

Strength i'd say is pretty even right now.

That being said The THING 8/10

wink Read what the Marvel editors have to say on their durabilty. To be honest it's not even close. But going by feats alone In Secret Wars Colossus took a blast from Dr. Doom that killed Thing, Thor, Hulk etc. Colossus's body was less mangled than the rest.

soujaboy09
The coolest thing, i've ever seen the Thing do is get ko'd by Juggernaut in 3 punches.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii007234qb.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii0072451rn.jpg

Colossus takes this 7/10 he's just a better all around fighter.

Oh yea, he also survived with Juggernaut longer than Thing.

lol

batdude123
It's gonna be a major ass-stompin' for Thing.

Wally West
Its clobberin' time!

Colossus may edge him in quite a few areas, but damn it, I'm going for old blue eyes.

wannabe
This is a hard one. Thing has the fighting edge, though just slightly, while Colossus has the edge in strength and durability, also just slightly.

Hmmm...

5/10 for Colossus big grin

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wally West
Its clobberin' time!

Colossus may edge him in quite a few areas, but damn it, I'm going for old blue eyes. I think it will be ol' black and blue eyes after the fight. shifty

mrpress
Thing takes it. No matter how equally they're matched (and I'd probably give durability and endurance to the Thing), at some point during the fight Peter remembers some traumatic memory from his past and goes all X-men angsty. While he's busy crawling into the fetal position from self-pity, Thing clobbers him then lights a cigar and heads off for a beer.

big grin

Marcus4600
Thing is durable, but Colossus is about 7 times that. It takes Ben a day for him to tire. It takes Piotr 7. I'd say they're the same in strength, but I'd give speed to Piotr as well. Colossus takes this.
http://www.wrathoftherunt.com/wotr/wolv/BlueYellow/12-04-01.jpg
Da tovarisch!

soujaboy09
uhh, ya, anyways Thing get's ko'd in this fight. Unlike Colossus Thing has to breath so indurance goes to Colossus. Colossus also takes durability, I mean Thing can be cut up by Wolverine, and be ko'd by Juggernaut. Colossus gains speed and agility while in his steel form. Foghting skills to me are equal or Thing takes this slightly. Colossus takes the strength department, it's obvious. Ya Thing has heart, but who cares, heart will just get him killed.

Colossus 7/10

Hit and Run
Colossus doesn't have to breathe?

And although Colossus has lasted longer than Thing against Juggernaut, Thing has lasted longer in the ring against Champion, so that's saying something.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Hit and Run

And although Colossus has lasted longer than Thing against Juggernaut, Thing has lasted longer in the ring against Champion, so that's saying something. Yea it says that Thing is a better boxer than Colossus was at that time. That match was taylor made for Thing. That's the way the writers wanted it. The other guys had nowhere near the boxing experience that Thing had.

snoopdogg

No he does not need to breathe. That's why has tremendous endurance and never gets tired.

Hit and Run
Wow, I never would've guessed that. Learn something new every day, huh?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by soujaboy09
The coolest thing, i've ever seen the Thing do is get ko'd by Juggernaut in 3 punches.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii007234qb.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/secretwarsii0072451rn.jpg

Colossus takes this 7/10 he's just a better all around fighter.

Oh yea, he also survived with Juggernaut longer than Thing.

lol

laughing

I'm surprised you didn't show the next scene showing Ben stopping the unstopable Juggernaut in his tracks with one hand...

But of course you wouldn't want to do that.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Betageuze
everybody knows... that this was a piece of shit, when Juggs punched Ben down within 3 clear fists.

Thing would give Juggernaut a run for his money.. imagine,... in the past .. Thing has punched the Asgardian Destroyer down...

so perhaps Thing would be able to defeat the Juggernaut in a fair one on one fight..

snoopdogg
laughing

I'm surprised you didn't show the next scene showing Ben stopping the unstopable Juggernaut in his tracks with one hand...

But of course you wouldn't want to do that.

roll eyes (sarcastic) All Thing did was grab his foot after Juggernaut stepped on his head and he tripped him then Juggernaut was teleported away. laughing

If you call that impressive.............well good luck with that. wink

juggernaut66666
No he does not need to breathe. That's why has tremendous endurance and never gets tired.
hey snoop from where did you get this?

juggernaut66666
sorry imean this
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6179624

snoopdogg
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
sorry imean this
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6179624 From the 2005 X-men handbook.

juggernaut66666
thanks for that but can you send again it is tooo small?

Tony Stark
All Thing did was grab his foot after Juggernaut stepped on his head and he tripped him then Juggernaut was teleported away. laughing

If you call that impressive.............well good luck with that. wink

eek!

Come on Snoop your better than that...

Thats not even the next page after Juggs knocks Ben down.

Juggs did not step on Ben's head either BTW...

Juggs was teleported away because Ben succeeded in his task stopping all 99 villians from even touching The Beyonder.

When Juggs went down flat on his face after Ben stoped him w/ 1 hand The Beyonder sent Juggs away... Game over.

snoopdogg
thanks for that but can you send again it is tooo small?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Juggisbio.jpg

juggernaut66666
thanx

snoopdogg
eek!

Come on Snoop your better than that...

Thats not even the next page after Juggs knocks Ben down.

Juggs did not step on Ben's head either BTW...

Juggs was teleported away because Ben succeeded in his task stopping all 99 villians from even touching The Beyonder.

When Juggs went down flat on his face after Ben stoped him w/ 1 hand The Beyonder sent Juggs away... Game over. So are you saying Thing beat Juggernaut caused he tripped him?

Tony Stark
So are you saying Thing beat Juggernaut caused he tripped him?

No...

Are you saying that Ben was knocked out by Juggs... but was still able to stop him in his tracks with one hand...?

snoopdogg
No...

Are you saying that Ben was knocked out by Juggs... but was still able to stop him in his tracks with one hand...? Are you being serious or did you not read the book? The pic I posted is after Thing tripped Juggy. He tried to get back up but felll down and took a nap.

Imagine how badly Juggy could have hurt Thing if he kept beating him rather than walk over him to get beyonder?

juggernaut66666
agreed thing could only stand up for few seconds then he fell down again

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwarsii007277yk.jpg

Tony Stark
agreed thing could only stand up for few seconds then he fell down again

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=secretwarsii007277yk.jpg

Because he knew that he had completed his task...

After 99 villians why not nap?

Tony Stark
Are you being serious or did you not read the book? The pic I posted is after Thing tripped Juggy. He tried to get back up but felll down and took a nap.

Imagine how badly Juggy could have hurt Thing if he kept beating him rather than walk over him to get beyonder?

You didn't answer my question...

Are you saying that Juggs KO'd The THING with those 3 blows?

Or was it an accumualation of punishment from "ALL" of the 99 villians that after it was all over Ben decided to take a nap?

?

confused

snoopdogg
You didn't answer my question...

Are you saying that Juggs KO'd The THING with those 3 blows?

Or was it an accumualation of punishment from "ALL" of the 99 villians that after it was all over Ben decided to take a nap?

?

confused Your a funny guy. Did you forget that Thing was amped up 100x by Mephisto when he fought those other 99 guys?

Him and Juggernaut were normal power when they clashed and Thing even had his confidence boosted when the fight started and still got thrashed. laughing

juggernaut66666
agreed

Zahit
Thing goes toe-to-toe with the Hulk more than anybody and twice on sundays...

you think Colossus can hang with Hulk as long as Thing does?

no.

batdude123
Originally posted by mrpress
Thing takes it. No matter how equally they're matched (and I'd probably give durability and endurance to the Thing), at some point during the fight Peter remembers some traumatic memory from his past and goes all X-men angsty. While he's busy crawling into the fetal position from self-pity, Thing clobbers him then lights a cigar and heads off for a beer.

big grin

Yeah..................... that's what would happen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony Stark
Your a funny guy. Did you forget that Thing was amped up 100x by Mephisto when he fought those other 99 guys?

Him and Juggernaut were normal power when they clashed and Thing even had his confidence boosted when the fight started and still got thrashed. laughing

If my memory is correct only his strength was amped by 100x not his durability nor his fighting skills.

That being said i'm assuming that the other 98 villians had some sort of impact on him when they hit him...

If he truly knew that his strength wasn't amped he wouldn't have been so nonshalaunt about fighting Juggs IMO.

You can see Bens sheer surprise of not being amped still when the fight started.

So whatever confidence he may have had while fighting the other 98 villians it was taken away from the start of the confration...IE. his surprise.

snoopdogg
So what is Things most impressive strength feat? Holding the oil rig impressive. But he only held a corner of it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Thingandoilrig.jpg

Tony Stark
So what is Things most impressive strength feat? Holding the oil rig impressive. But he only held a corner of it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Thingandoilrig.jpg

That would be definately be one of them... and it was collapesing so he did have to stop the momentum and upright it... Then at one point he was holding it up with only one hand as he grabed for something to help support it.

He also threw a large galactic spaceship back into space from the ground on the earth with one arm...

He has stalemated CLASSIC THOR in armwrestling for hours until they both called it a draw and both of their arms where sore...

Just a couple...

Dr.Crankenstein
This one impresses me the most. eek!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1382/thingnamor35ij.jpg
(Darkcrawler has to love this)

I have been watching the Namor thread for a bit. Thing takes this 6/10.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Dr.Crankenstein
This one impresses me the most. eek!

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1382/thingnamor35ij.jpg
(Darkcrawler has to love this)

I have been watching the Namor thread for a bit. Thing takes this 6/10. Yea that strength feat impressed me also. Made me even more convinced Colossus has a chance against Namor on land.

However I dissagree with your opinion on this fight. I say Colossus 6/10. Sure Thing has alot of experience but Colossus does also. He's trained harder than Thing has. I mean you don't see many comics with Thing training as hard as Colossus has.

Strength is real close but durability and speed Colossus has hands down. You can look in comics or bios and they both will tell you who is more durable. Take the handbooks for example. They say Things max temp. he can handle is 1500 degrees. Colossus on the other hand can handle 9000 degrees. Then it says Thing can handle 15lbs of TNT. I think Colossus was stated as handling up 450lbs.

Speed and agility go to Colossus also. The only adgantage I see Thing with is the fighting edge. And that is minimal like Colossus' strength advantage.

Hit and Run
He also threw a large galactic spaceship back into space from the ground on the earth with one arm...
I still would like to see a scan of this or at least have an issue#.
He has stalemated CLASSIC THOR in armwrestling for hours until they both called it a draw and both of their arms where sore...
I believe you're thinking of Hercules. Thing and Thor never armwrestled; if they did, Thing would be missing an arm.

Hit and Run
Take the handbooks for example. They say Things max temp. he can handle is 1500 degrees. Colossus on the other hand can handle 9000 degrees. Then it says Thing can handle 15lbs of TNT. I think Colossus was stated as handling up 450lbs.
Again, I feel as though the Marvel Handbooks are underestimating their characters, which is why I hate them. In New Avengers #15, it was stated that Ms. Marvel could withstand a force equivalent to 3,000 lbs TNT and I find it hard to believe she's almost 7X more durable than Colossus or 200X more durable than Thing.

xtrubeastxcs
Actually Marvel directory.com which has been aproved by marvel several times says has Collosus in like 50 60 ton range (cant remember) and the thing in like 80 ton.. the thing is also more durable and has better fighting skills. Thing 9/10

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
Actually Marvel directory.com which has been aproved by marvel several times says has Collosus in like 50 60 ton range (cant remember) and the thing in like 80 ton.. the thing is also more durable and has better fighting skills. Thing 9/10

because marvel directory is based off of the old Marvel handbooks, that site is outdated and inaccurate to todays standards.

Tony Stark
Yea that strength feat impressed me also. Made me even more convinced Colossus has a chance against Namor on land.

However I dissagree with your opinion on this fight. I say Colossus 6/10. Sure Thing has alot of experience but Colossus does also. He's trained harder than Thing has. I mean you don't see many comics with Thing training as hard as Colossus has.

Strength is real close but durability and speed Colossus has hands down. You can look in comics or bios and they both will tell you who is more durable. Take the handbooks for example. They say Things max temp. he can handle is 1500 degrees. Colossus on the other hand can handle 9000 degrees. Then it says Thing can handle 15lbs of TNT. I think Colossus was stated as handling up 450lbs.

Speed and agility go to Colossus also. The only adgantage I see Thing with is the fighting edge. And that is minimal like Colossus' strength advantage.

confused

Thats not 15lbs of TNT...

It's a armor piercing shell with 15lbs of powder silly.

And i'm going to bet that Colossus can't run down The Rhino who runs upwards of 50+mph which The THING did no problem.

Bens agility isn't any worse than Colossus i'm sure of that.

What strength feats does Colossus have that can be concidered greater than Ben's...? That you can say without question that he's stronger than Ben is.

cool

Hit and Run
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
Being approved doesn't mean much. I highly doubt that the people at Marvel examined stats in the handbooks and the websites and checked feats to see if they were accurate.

Most likely they just took a quick glance at the various stats, shrugged their shoulders, and said "Eh, close enough."

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Zahit
Thing goes toe-to-toe with the Hulk more than anybody and twice on sundays...

you think Colossus can hang with Hulk as long as Thing does?

no.

^ big grin You are correct SIR...

Hit and Run
Well, Colossus has duked it out with Juggernaut and Gladiator.

snoopdogg

jrodslam
Being approved doesn't mean much. I highly doubt that the people at Marvel examined stats in the handbooks and the websites and checked feats to see if they were accurate.

Most likely they just took a quick glance at the various stats, shrugged their shoulders, and said "Eh, close enough."

laughing laughing I agree.

snoopdogg

And i'm going to bet that Colossus can't run down The Rhino who runs upwards of 50+mph which The THING did no problem.

For some reason I don't think Rhino was running that fast. Why? Because he was steam rolling through a dense forest knocking trees over.

Thing just ran through the path and caught him. Do you have any scans saying in the narration or anything on how fast he is moving? Like the bios or not Thing has level 2 speed. Colossus has level 3 speed.

Plus he has shown decent speed and agility for a powerhouse.

So the ball is in your hands. Show scans of Thing using decent speed for a big dude or good agility feats.

badabing
This is your scan.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
This is your scan. Yea I know. But read the panels. That was the third match. Colossus beat him once and Thing beat Colossus once.

Now read that scan and lets see what you come up with.

I was being sarcastic when I posted that in the Thing respect thread. I said Thing won the match but I was surprized nobody saw how Thing actually won.

badabing
Yea I know. But read the panels. That was the third match. Colossus beat him once and Thing beat Colossus once.

Now read that scan and lets see what you come up with.
I was just busting your "nuggets". laughing
I really don't know about the whole speed issue. But IMO, Ben is a better combatant. I thought Ben also has a better overall showing in Secret Wars. Plus, they are evenly matched and I'll go a little fanboy on my opinion and choose Ben.

Thunderstrike
They're about dead even when it comes to strength.

Agility goes to Piotr.
Fighting skill goes to Ben.
Both have gone toe to toe with powerful foes and done well.

They're both dead even, and my fave 2 Class 100's outside of Gods and Demigods. I'm leaning more towards Ben, but I dunno really.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
I was just busting your "nuggets". laughing
I really don't know about the whole speed issue. But IMO, Ben is a better combatant. I thought Ben also has a better overall showing in Secret Wars. Plus, they are evenly matched and I'll go a little fanboy on my opinion and choose Ben. Actually Colossus kicked alot of @ss in Secret Wars. He beat Dr. Oct and the Wrecking Crew. Then he stopped the star-ship from falling out of the sky.

Then Colossus proved he has the toughest hide in Marvel by sustaining the least amount of damage from the blast from the uber-Doom.

Thing, Thor, Hulk, Ironman were all too far gone to be revived.

badabing
Actually Colossus kicked alot of @ss in Secret Wars. He beat Dr. Oct and the Wrecking Crew. Then he stopped the star-ship from falling out of the sky.

Then Colossus proved he has the toughest hide in Marvel by sustaining the least amount of damage from the blast from the uber-Doom.

Thing, Thor, Hulk, Ironman were all too far gone to be revived.
That is true. His was the most intact.

Grimm22
Ben takes this one. Sure Colossus has a tougther outer shell, but Thing is stronger, is a better fighter and has a much better catch phrase.

Also, as Dan Slott put it, "sure Wolverine is unkillable and Batman can prepare and all, but Ben has somthing else. He won't give up."

It would be a awesome fight, but in the end Ben would prevail

superman41082
Yeah guys. I'm in agreement with most of you. They're pretty much even. 5/10 both.......

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Grimm22
Ben takes this one. Sure Colossus has a tougther outer shell, but Thing is stronger, is a better fighter and has a much better catch phrase.

Also, as Dan Slott put it, "sure Wolverine is unkillable and Batman can prepare and all, but Ben has somthing else. He won't give up."

It would be a awesome fight, but in the end Ben would prevail There is moe evidence to point out Colossus may have a slight edge in strength.

Colossus is tougher, faster, and the fighting skills are just about even.

The X-men use Colossus as a training excersise in the Danger Room! That's big time skills right there. I can show you scans of Colossus training in combat all day long.

Tough fight though I say Colossus 6/10.

badabing
There is moe evidence tp point out Colossus may have a slight edge in strength.

The X-men use Colossus as a training excersise in the Danger Room! That's big time skills right there. I can show you scans of Colossus training in combat all day long.

That's fair. I would say Thing has the slight edge. But very, very close.

superman41082
I've changed my mind........... Colossus 6/10. I just think he's probably more strong, and his exterior's probably a bit more tough than Ben's, but it's still pretty close.

Grimm22
mad Erg, maybe if more people bought The Thing comic by Dan Slott you would see just how awesome Ben is.

Now go buy The Thing or its Clobberin' Time

badabing
mad Erg, maybe if more people bought The Thing comic by Dan Slott you would see just how awesome Ben is.

Now go buy The Thing or its Clobberin' Time eek! laughing

Grimm22
There is moe evidence to point out Colossus may have a slight edge in strength.

Okay i'll give you the case in speed, but strength I still stick by Ben. Just check about any stats chart and it will say Ben's "maximum" is 85, even though he can go over it if he has to.

Colosusus's strength is around 70 tons.

No disrepect to Piotor, but Ben takes this one.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/th_MUStrengthChart.jpg

And this is before Ben absorbed more Cosmic Rays

snoopdogg
Okay i'll give you the case in speed, but strength I still stick by Ben. Just check about any stats chart and it will say Ben's "maximum" is 85, even though he can go over it if he has to.

Colosusus's strength is around 70 tons.

No disrepect to Piotor, but Ben takes this one.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/th_MUStrengthChart.jpg

And this is before Ben absorbed more Cosmic Rays 70 tons?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6191888

badabing
Why did I keep spelling it Petr.beerdrunk
Next time someone correct me so I don't look like a drunk idiot.

Wynndar
Colossus was less ravaged than other people in the secret wars but so was Reed Richards. It was just that Esaji was in love with Colossus so she revived him. Regardless its all irrelevant because Thing was in his BEN GRIMM human form at the time!!!

Thing's survived the explosion that destroyed Ego from point blank. Colossus is better at resisting heat and getting cut. Doesnt matter in this fight cuz their not fighting with Adamantium claws or fire...their fighting with fists. And Thing stands up to a pounding better than anyone...just like with Champion who KO'd Colossus almost immediately.

Please stop showing that abridge version of the Thing Juggernaut fight. Its hilarious how the haters only show half of the last page, cuz in the next panel he is not only conscious but he drags Juggernaut down and keeps him from reaching the Beyonder.

Grimm22
70 tons?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6191888

God does Marvel just love to make no sense or somthing?

Seriously, they keep changing the strength charts! WHY!!!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
Colossus was less ravaged than other people in the secret wars but so was Reed Richards. It was just that Esaji was in love with Colossus so she revived him. Regardless its all irrelevant because Thing was in his BEN GRIMM human form at the time!!!

Thing's survived the explosion that destroyed Ego from point blank. Colossus is better at resisting heat and getting cut. Doesnt matter in this fight cuz their not fighting with Adamantium claws or fire...their fighting with fists. And Thing stands up to a pounding better than anyone...just like with Champion who KO'd Colossus almost immediately.

Please stop showing that abridge version of the Thing Juggernaut fight. Its hilarious how the haters only show half of the last page, cuz in the next panel he is not only conscious but he drags Juggernaut down and keeps him from reaching the Beyonder. Thing was not in human form during that blast.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SecretWarsblast.jpg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6282542

And when Colossus fought Champion he was very inexperienced at that time like he said at the beginning of the comic. That fight was taylor made for Thing.

superman41082

It would be a awesome fight, but in the end Ben would prevail

You're right about the catch phrase! But how do we exactly know which one is stronger?? Where can I look up stats like this and whatnot.... Any links or something????

snoopdogg
Originally posted by superman41082
You're right about the catch phrase! But how do we exactly know which one is stronger?? Where can I look up stats like this and whatnot.... Any links or something???? I posted a link above saying Colossus can lift over 100 tons now. There is no official bio that says Thing is above class 85.(I realize he has lifted things over that).

Grimm22
I posted a link above saying Colossus can lift over 100 tons now. There is no official bio that says Thing is above class 85.(I realize he has lifted things over that).

In terms of strength nowadays I would say they are about even, because if Colossus can lift 100 tons (why now all of a sudden), then im guessing Ben can lift about the same.

Overall I think it would end up as a stalemate or it could be anyone's game hardly.

Still because im such a hopeless dope I have to put my money on my main man Ben.

snoopdogg
In terms of strength nowadays I would say they are about even, because if Colossus can lift 100 tons (why now all of a sudden), then im guessing Ben can lift about the same.

Overall I think it would end up as a stalemate or it could be anyone's game hardly.

Still because im such a hopeless dope I have to put my money on my main man Ben. Well the 70 tons was when Colossus was a teenager and he is now fully grown and that's why he can lift over 100 tons. Thing has always been portrayed as a adult in comics which is why I think he is still class 85.

juggernaut66666
my bet is n colossus

Grimm22
Well the 70 tons was when Colossus was a teenager and he is now fully grown and that's why he can lift over 100 tons. Thing has always been portrayed as a adult in comics which is why I think he is still class 85.

Hmm, you do have a certain point there.

Man Marvel really needs to boost Ben up in Strength, im sick and tired of seeing him be mopped by guys like Thor without his Hammer. Ticks me off.

Well at least Ultimate Thing still beats Ultimate Colossus anyday of the week

badabing
Hmm, you do have a certain point there.

Man Marvel really needs to boost Ben up in Strength, im sick and tired of seeing him be mopped by guys like Thor without his Hammer. Ticks me off.
I agree. cool

snoopdogg

Well at least Ultimate Thing still beats Ultimate Colossus anyday of the week I think Ultimate Colossus takes Thing out easier than the Normal version.

Ult. Colossus has the feats to prove this. I'm sure you have seen them by now.

riceroost
I want Thing to win. He may not be quite as durable, but I think he's just as strong as Colossus. Considering their original gap I still think Ben should edge it out over him. Ben is way more experienced, he can actually fight, and he's gone 10 rounds with the Hulk. I have respect for Ben.

blind faith

snoopdogg

Rewmac
Yeah the experience is on both sides...But Colossus is stronger, more agile...

Metalmanx
Well at least Ultimate Thing still beats Ultimate Colossus anyday of the week

...Are you serious? Ult. Colossus is a damn BEAST! Man, I actually took that one as a personal attack (not really, haha), only because Ult. Colossus is just too damn powerful for Ult. Thing to handle.

Metalmanx
And yea. 616 versions, Colossus still wins. He is just as strong (or stronger), more agile, quicker, doesn't need to breathe/eat/drink, unlimited stamina/endurance, far more durable (Thing has been slice and pierced by Wolverine's claws, while Colossus has not), and just as much experience really. I mean, Colossus has been training everyday since he became an X-man in the Danger Room and trained with the tacticians and fighters of the X-men, including Cyclops and Wolverine. He definitely knows what he's doing in a fight, he put Juggy on his ass a few times by utilizing his skills.

So, in short, Colossus would win. Of course, not a one-sided match. But he wins nonetheless.

Colossus 7-8/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by Metalmanx
And yea. 616 versions, Colossus still wins. He is just as strong (or stronger), more agile, quicker, doesn't need to breathe/eat/drink, unlimited stamina/endurance, far more durable (Thing has been slice and pierced by Wolverine's claws, while Colossus has not), and just as much experience really. I mean, Colossus has been training everyday since he became an X-man in the Danger Room and trained with the tacticians and fighters of the X-men, including Cyclops and Wolverine. He definitely knows what he's doing in a fight, he put Juggy on his ass a few times by utilizing his skills.

So, in short, Colossus would win. Of course, not a one-sided match. But he wins nonetheless.

Colossus 7-8/10.

yes

The Fake Macoy

I wouldn't say that losing to Thor, a god, is that big of a deal. Still, I do agree that Thing could use a strength boost.

Grimm22
I think Ultimate Colossus takes Thing out easier than the Normal version.

Ult. Colossus has the feats to prove this. I'm sure you have seen them by now.

Like that stupid Ultimate War PIS. Taking down both Thor and Iron Man?!? BS.

Ultimate Thing is stronger and smarter than colossus. Thats all he needs.

snoopdogg
Like that stupid Ultimate War PIS. Taking down both Thor and Iron Man?!? BS.

Ultimate Thing is stronger and smarter than colossus. Thats all he needs. Ult. Thing is not stronger than Colossus. As a matter of fact I would say Colossus is far stronger as he has shown.

Thing had his @ss whooped by Wolverine.

Ult. War is not PIS. Your the only person who has ever said that. Your just mad Colossus is getting more attention than Thing is in the Ult. universe.

juggernaut66666
Ult. Thing is not stronger than Colossus. As a matter of fact I would say Colossus is far stronger as he has shown.

Ult. War is not PIS. Your the only person who has ever said that. Your just mad Colossus is getting more attention than Thing is in the Ult. universe.
AGREED

Metalmanx
Ult. Thing is not stronger than Colossus. As a matter of fact I would say Colossus is far stronger as he has shown.

Also AGREED.

snoopdogg
Happy Dance

rock

roughrider
This is an extremely even match; one thing in Peter's favour is he doesn't need to breathe in armoured form. So his stamina will be greater. Edge to Colossus, say 6/7 out of 10.

diabloman
colossus would clobber thing

snoopdogg
Originally posted by diabloman
colossus would clobber thing Indeed. big grin

Metalmanx
Indeed. big grin

Seconded.

snoopdogg
I wish marvel would actually do this match. Even if it ended in a stalemate it would be cool to see.

We should write Marvel.

Whittdawg92
classic earth vs. metal battle. at full power, it would be like the fight of the century, even better than jugg vs. hulk.

pr1983
I wish marvel would actually do this match. Even if it ended in a stalemate it would be cool to see.

We should write Marvel.

Definately... i clicked in here thinking it was the massive thread of the aforementioned battle (the thread was almost as epic as the fight itself would be), but alas...

Grimm22

We should write Marvel.

Eh it probobly would end in a stalemate so that fans of either character wouldnt be upset stick out tongue

But, with JMS's plans for Thing, dont expect the fight to happen or to see Ben in comics for a couple of years which is complete crap miffed

snoopdogg
Eh it probobly would end in a stalemate so that fans of either character wouldnt be upset stick out tongue

But, with JMS's plans for Thing, dont expect the fight to happen or to see Ben in comics for a couple of years which is complete crap miffed What plans are you talking about? Are they killing Ben off or something?

Grimm22
What plans are you talking about? Are they killing Ben off or something?

http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC06/Marvel/panel_cw.html

JMS says Ben "might" leave the country, because he's a "patriot"

Bullcrap.

Its completely out of character for Ben to do that.

JMS is ruining the FF

For every once of awesomeness that Dan Slott brought to Thing's book, JMS brings a shovel full of crap sad

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
classic earth vs. metal battle. at full power, it would be like the fight of the century, even better than jugg vs. hulk.

Agreed.

snoopdogg
Due to the increase in Thing threads lately and new members I am gonna bump this.

Colossus 6/10. smile

badabing
I'll say they split even.

snoopdogg
Anybody remember FF #250? Thing gave everything he had by not holding back just to beat a Skrull who copied Colossus' powers.

Thing was amazed at how tough he was.

Metalmanx
Indeed, my friend. I, too, believe Colossus takes the majority here.

It would be such an epic battle, however.

Grimm22
Eh erm

Either Thing 5.5/10 or Colossus 5.5/10

batdude123
Colossus 6/10.

Jonathanos
Thing 6/10.

Grimm22
Anybody remember FF #250? Thing gave everything he had by not holding back just to beat a Skrull who copied Colossus' powers.

Actually that is quite wrong.

Ben was holding back because he didnt want to hurt him because he thought it was actualy Colossus.

When he realized it was actually a skrull he KO'ed the Skrull in one punch.

Validus

Ben was holding back because he didnt want to hurt him because he thought it was actualy Colossus.

laughing out loud So which one of you is lying?

juggernaut66666
Thing beats colossus
www.imageshack.us/image120fg18

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus

My guess..... Grimm. shifty

Metalmanx

And then Colossus stomped and man-handled a Skrull-Hulk.

So really, the Skrull thing can either be taken by their character, or they can be pointless.

Colossus 6/10.

juggernaut66666
Thing beats colossus
www.imageshack.us/image120fg18

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus

Snoop isnt lying. He is just misinterpreting what happened.

I just pulled the issue out and told what happened

snoopdogg
I just remember something about Thing mentioning he isn't holding back.

Up In Flames
i reckon that since cold rolled steel is much more durable than rock, i say collosus takes this one (sorry, grim), and unless these two possess any fighting skills, this fight comes all the way down to who is more durable.

Grimm22
I just remember something about Thing mentioning he isn't holding back.

Ben was amazed that he chucked "Colossus" through a building and he wasnt hurt.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Up In Flames
i reckon that since cold rolled steel is much more durable than rock, i say collosus takes this one (sorry, grim), and unless these two possess any fighting skills, this fight comes all the way down to who is more durable.

Colossus is more durable.

However, Ben has the clear advantage in skills here erm

Strength is even.

It could go either way

Metalmanx
Colossus is more durable.

However, Ben has the clear advantage in skills here erm

Strength is even.

It could go either way

See, I want to agree with you so bad sometimes, Grimm. But I just can't.

I can't see this clear advantage in fighting skills. And no, this is no insult towards Ben. Ben is an amazing fighter.

However, whether you choose to believe it or not, Colossus, too, is amazing fighter. Basically, since he became an X-man, he's been training. He was trained under the likes of Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. I'd say that says something. Something along the lines of Colossus being an accomplished fighter. And he's used his skills many many times against foes that pure strength wasn't going to win.

It's because of this, along with Colossus's superior agility and speed (not to knock Ben at all), that I believe Colossus wins the slight majority.

So, Colossus wins 6/10.

MightyEInherjar
Colossus 6-7/10

Grimm22
See, I want to agree with you so bad sometimes, Grimm. But I just can't.

I can't see this clear advantage in fighting skills. And no, this is no insult towards Ben. Ben is an amazing fighter.

However, whether you choose to believe it or not, Colossus, too, is amazing fighter. Basically, since he became an X-man, he's been training. He was trained under the likes of Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler. I'd say that says something. Something along the lines of Colossus being an accomplished fighter. And he's used his skills many many times against foes that pure strength wasn't going to win.

It's because of this, along with Colossus's superior agility and speed (not to knock Ben at all), that I believe Colossus wins the slight majority.

So, Colossus wins 6/10.

Oh course I mean no insult to Colossus when I say that.

I mean Collossus obviously has skills, but I just think Ben has the advantage in skills here erm

I mean its not a HUGE leap, like say comparing Captain America to the Hulk or anything like that, but IMO Ben has the advantage in skills here erm

As for agility, I would probobly give Colossus the slight advantage.

So here's the rundown IMO:

Colossus: Durability, Agility

Thing: Skills , Tactics

Strength: Even

Soujaboy
Oh course I mean no insult to Colossus when I say that.

I mean Collossus obviously has skills, but I just think Ben has the advantage in skills here erm

I mean its not a HUGE leap, like say comparing Captain America to the Hulk or anything like that, but IMO Ben has the advantage in skills here erm

As for agility, I would probobly give Colossus the slight advantage.

So here's the rundown IMO:

Colossus: Durability, Agility

Thing: Skills , Tactics

Strength: Even

Strength is not even

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Strength is not even

Show me proof that they are not even in strength no expression

They are in the same strength class

Sam Z
Yeah, they are. But i believe slight advantage in speed, durability and agility is more important than slight advantage in fighting skills. So 6/10 for Colossus.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Sam Z
Yeah, they are. But i believe slight advantage in speed, durability and agility is more important than slight advantage in fighting skills. So 6/10 for Colossus. That makes alot of sense. A speed, durability, and agility advantage would overcome a slight skills adavantage imo. These two are pretty even.

The strength issue is very arguable. I do think it's dead even or Colossus with the slight advantage there.

harri
collosuss man he would bang the thing

harri
collosuss

Grimm22
Eh erm

In a no prep situation, Colossus wins 6/10

I think if Ben has future knowledge of the fight, he can pull out a slight victory erm

Metalmanx
Eh erm

In a no prep situation, Colossus wins 6/10

I think if Ben has future knowledge of the fight, he can pull out a slight victory erm

Two questions:

1. How does future knowledge of the fight help Ben?

And

2. How come Ben gets an unfair prep advantage against Piotr? confused

Actually, one more question.

What the hell is Ben gonna do with prep time? He's never been known to prep for anything before.

Colossus wins 6/10 due to his slight superiority to Ben.

Grimm22
Two questions:

1. How does future knowledge of the fight help Ben?

And

2. How come Ben gets an unfair prep advantage against Piotr? confused

Actually, one more question.

What the hell is Ben gonna do with prep time? He's never been known to prep for anything before.

Colossus wins 6/10 due to his slight superiority to Ben.

Pft roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dont you know? no expression

All these years Ben has been the one building all of those machines, Reed has just taken the credit so that Ben can keep his hip image.

Ben builds a super de duper ray and evaporates Pitor shifty

Metalmanx
Pft roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dont you know? no expression

All these years Ben has been the one building all of those machines, Reed has just taken the credit so that Ben can keep his hip image.

Ben builds a super de duper ray and evaporates Pitor shifty

Dammnit! Now it all makes sense... wink

That would actually be quite the interesting twist if it happened in a comic... laughing

snoopdogg
Show me proof that they are not even in strength no expression

They are in the same strength class Well it's hard to tell who's stronger by comparing feats but this should clarify who is stronger once and for all.

Colossus: Superhuman Class 100

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/thCOLOSSUSBack.jpg

Thing: Superhuman Class 90

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ththingback.jpg

Colossus is stronger.

Soujaboy
What is Things greatest strength feat?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Soujaboy
What is Things greatest strength feat? Probably pulling Namor out of the water or holding a corner of that oil rig.

Tony Stark
Well it's hard to tell who's stronger by comparing feats but this should clarify who is stronger once and for all.

Colossus: Superhuman Class 100

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/thCOLOSSUSBack.jpg

Thing: Superhuman Class 90

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ththingback.jpg

Colossus is stronger.

confused

Not sure where you got the info from but if your going to use it to support your side in reference to strength your going to have to take the info for it all

Strength... Colossus/CL100 > The THING/CL90

Speed... Colossus/Athlete < The THING/Enhanced human

Durability/Stamina... Colossus/Meta human < The THING/Super human

Agility... Colossus/Athlete > The THING/Normal

Reflexes... Colossus/Athlete < The THING/Peak human

Fighting skills... Colossus/Excellent in hand to hand trained by Logan < The THING/Excellent in hand to hand trained in Boxing and Wrestling (wrestling is much more than just hand to hand...take downs...holds...submissions...etc.)

It looks like through your info Snoop Ben is the clear cut winner "Once and for all" and it may surprise you... I concur!

Ben wins 7/10

wink

snoopdogg
According to those bios Thing is outgunned.

Intelligence: Colossus
Strength: Colossus
Speed: Thing
Stamina: Colossus
Agility: Colossus
Durability: Colossus
Fighting: Tie
Reflexes: Thing.

Metahuman>Superhuman. Get the facts straight.

Tony Stark
According to those bios Thing is outgunned.

Intelligence: Colossus
Strength: Colossus
Speed: Thing
Stamina: Colossus
Agility: Colossus
Durability: Colossus
Fighting: Tie
Reflexes: Thing.

Metahuman>Superhuman. Get the facts straight.

Not per my knowledge show me the truth about Meta > Super I think it's not.

snoopdogg
Not per my knowledge show me the truth about Meta > Super I think it's not. Metahuman>Superhuman.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/thPowers-Abilities.jpg

Dinalfos
Colossus wins. He's basically a superior version of Thing.

Tony Stark
Metahuman>Superhuman.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/thPowers-Abilities.jpg

Thanks for that... Per that info meta is above super I've always thought it was the other way around. Although the intelligence of Ben is no doubt way off... How many "Brilliant" military test pilots/astronauts have had an average intellect? Guess he's the 1st.

And as far as Colossus durability he has definitely been concussed. Which per this info says he cant be.

I guess there's still not a definitive winner when will MARVEL end this nonsense. ( Maybe when the BP,Namor,Storm/Xmen come after Tony and Reed...please...please...MARVEL make it so).

Horrificus
Not per my knowledge show me the truth about Meta > Super I think it's not.

In non-comic book areas, Super is above Meta. But, according to the Marvel Universe Handbook Master Edition, compliments of ImmortalThor.com, Marvel considers Meta above Super. For some reason.

http://www.immortalthor.net/marveluniversestats.html

But, even aside from the listed stats of these two guys, I say Ben wins.
The difference between clas 90 and class 100 is, of course, 10 %.
In our terms, that would be like one guy being able to lift 300 lb, and his opponent being able to lifet 270 lb.
First of all, anybody that has been in a fight, knows that this kind of difference means absolutely NOTHING!
Here is another exclamation point for that... !
Also, as I have said, didn't Colossus get his butt handed to him easily by Champion? And, wasn't Ben able to keep going on and on?
And, even if Piotr's skills have improved over time, why and how would you explain to all of us that Ben's skills have not also improved, keeping him ABOVE Colossus?

Ben is a better fighter. More heart. Can take more punishment Mentally and Physically, equating to more Heart.
Faster, and just as strong as Colossus.
Kiss my Rubbly Butt.

geshien
i give this one to the ever lovin blue eyed, thing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>