Black Adam vs Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
thoughts?

Validus
Disregarding a speedblitz, Sinestro creams him.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Validus
Pretty much

leonidas
really? supes level strength and speed? i don't know. adam's a bad ass . . .

spetznaz

Totally agree.

(....although Adam is a ruthless mofo and might very likely start the match off with a blitz....)

leonidas
even with a blitz, how's he get past sinestro's shields? and what does sinestro do to him to take adam out? not an easy thing . . ..

Validus
Well Sinestro's ring can control the fundamental forces so he could just bury Black Adam in the nearest moon like Ominar Synn did in that JSA issue.

spetznaz
Well Sinestro's ring can control the fundamental forces so he could just bury Black Adam in the nearest moon like Ominar Synn did in that JSA issue.

Good point.

leonidas
even if he buried him in a moon, there's no reason ba couldn't just smash his way out. i still think it's pretty damn close.

Horrificus
Personally, I liked the period of time where Guy Gardner had the Yellow Ring.
They should have never changed the story line. That was very cool.
And, I liked what he was doing with it.

I would have liked to see Guy with that ring, against BA

TheKahn
Originally posted by leonidas
even if he buried him in a moon, there's no reason ba couldn't just smash his way out. i still think it's pretty damn close.

Can Black Adam (or Cap. Marvel for that matter) survive unaided in space?

leonidas
that's a good question. he can hold his breath for a long time at least. i've seen the marvel's battle in space, but fr just how long i'm not sure. i wonder if ba could do something imilar to what deathstroke tried on kyle -- just match wills. ba is mighty powerful in that regard.

supes was able to overcome stewart's 'will' with physical power. sinestro > stewart but i don't think ba's power is much below supes and his will is close also, it seems to me.

i still think sinestro would have a tough time putting him away. i'd say (absent bfr which i suppose sinestro could do but which is never really a 'win' imo) MAYBE 6/10 sinestro.

Pepito
Completely equal fight - would look great in a movie - each wins 5/10

Validus
That's just off the top of my head from recently reading that issue. Honestly, with control over those forces there isn't anything you can't do. Even without total mastery of it.

leonidas
yer the man when it comes to dc, ion, er, 'validus', so i'll take your word for it. but hasn't superman defeated sinestro?

and what pray tell, happened to your JLAKMC tag!?? mad

Validus
Probably has. Superman can apparently override power ring users with his own willpower.

I think my tag got lost in the mail upon the name change. Let me see if I can find it. big grin

TheKahn

and what pray tell, happened to your JLAKMC tag!?? mad

how the mighty have fallen...whistling

Blair Wind
what are the powers of the yellow ring?? I mean is it different from the green one??

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
how the mighty have fallen...whistling

you been reading dman's threads! he's a kid, a rookie, he overreacted. the coaches have put the gag order on him. look to the founding members to see who still runs this joint. big grin and note validus's tag . . . wink

and your point v, about supes was one i raised earlier. i wonder if ba could just . . . out-will sinestro? be interesting to see, methink . . .
it was cool in villains united when sinestro handed lady quark her head. and she's pretty damn powerful!

TheKahn

and your point v, about supes was one i raised earlier. i wonder if ba could just . . . out-will sinestro? be interesting to see, methink . . .
it was cool in villains united when sinestro handed lady quark her head. and she's pretty damn powerful!

But would Sinestro ever let BA get that close? Black Adam doesn't really have long range attacks so why wouldn't Sinestro exploit this and keep him at a distance?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
what are the powers of the yellow ring?? I mean is it different from the green one??

The only differences that I know know of are, obviously, the color and the fact that it recharged itself from being attacked by GL rings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.