ROTS Anakin vs DE Luke (Lightsabers Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

w00t2112
Who wins?

tdtd
DE Luke was moving faster than the eye could see, I think he would curbstomp Anakin.

darthsith19
Is DE the era right before NJO?

tdtd
DE is about 15 years before NJO and 6 years after ROTJ

darthsith19
What's before DE but after ROTJ? What's after DE and before NJO?

darth vraya
Originally posted by darthsith19
What's before DE but after ROTJ? What's after DE and before NJO? ACK! your questions are confusing me! Anyway I definitely think DE Luke because he can move so quickly.

tdtd
Before DE is the Thrawn Trilogy, followed by DE, NJO, DN, LOTF, and Legacy.

Wesker
Originally posted by tdtd
DE Luke was moving faster than the eye could see, I think he would curbstomp Anakin.

WTF? My ceiling fan has a setting that is faster than the eye could see. Can my ceiling fan beat a jedi with over thirteen years applicable experience against peers and true jedi masters? No. Don't be foolish.

darthsith19
Sorry, Wesker, but that's a bad comparison. Your ceiling fan is stuck to your ceiling. if Luke moves so fast that Anakin can't even block it, he'd done for.

And what's LOTF?

tdtd
Legacy of the force, and you're wrong Wesker, not to mention you made a bad comparison. I can just say that because Luke defeated DE Sidious, he could easily defeat ROTS Anakin. If you recall the saber fight that DE Sidious and Luke had, Luke was moving faster than the eye and so was Sidious. If you say this proves nothing then you're wrong.

Illustrious
Legacy of the force, and you're wrong Wesker, not to mention you made a bad comparison. I can just say that because Luke defeated DE Sidious, he could easily defeat ROTS Anakin. If you recall the saber fight that DE Sidious and Luke had, Luke was moving faster than the eye and so was Sidious. If you say this proves nothing then you're wrong.

That's not the point though. It doesn't matter if they moved too fast for the eye to see. Hell it doesn't even matter if Luke was moving too fast for SIDIOUS to see. The fact of the matter is that they both moved fast and neither of them were able to gain the advantage off of speed alone.

Besides, lightsaber use is through the force, I very much doubt that they actually see every blaster bolt that flies at them. As long as they can fight toe to toe, I see no issue with whether or not they can see it.

tdtd
Yea but my point is, Anakin cannot move that fast.. This is overkill on him.

Illustrious
Yea but my point is, Anakin cannot move that fast.. This is overkill on him.

Yeah, Anakin would lose to DE Luke.

tdtd
ok we're in agreement then, cool.

Captain REX
I should totally accuse tdtd of using feat wars! eek!

Not. stick out tongue

And Wesker...your ceiling fan CAN kill Jedi Masters. What do you think it was doing while you slept? That's right. It was helping George film Episode 3. Muahahaha...haha...ha...hmm...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Rexus1214/ah_damn____he__s_a_Jedi_by_ChaosMol.gif

tdtd
HAHAHAH

Moff Tarkin
By DE, Luke is powerful, really powerful. He can decimate an AT-AT quite easily...

Faunus
Luke, probably, with notable difficulty.

Darth Subjekt
there's something you all are forgetting. Its easy to describe in a book that something is moving too fast to see...thats a rather difficult task to do on film. Besides, how fun of a duel would that be if we couldn't see it? And it doesn't matter if Luke became more powerful, because it said lightsabers only, and Anakin was meant to be one of the best swordsman. I mean yea he lost to OB1, but thats crap and it was due to not controlling his emotions and a piss poor jump. If anything I'd say a stalemate.

JaehSkywalker
^ i agree... somehow... don't ask why...

tdtd
Yea Anakin was meant to be the best swordsman but by DE, Luke was already more powerful than ROTS Anakin. And when something is described something too fast to see for the naked eye, that is exactly what it means. ROTS Anakin was never known to be that fast, even Yoda who was the fastest of them all wasn't nearly as fast as DE Sidious or DE Luke.

Faunus
DE Luke only achieved that speed when he had his powers amplified by Leia and Anakin. On his own, he probably wouldn't be much above Anakin or Obi-Wan, and Yoda would own him silly.

tdtd
Originally posted by Faunus
DE Luke only achieved that speed when he had his powers amplified by Leia and Anakin. On his own, he probably wouldn't be much above Anakin or Obi-Wan, and Yoda would own him silly.

Where does it say he achieved his speed only when his powers were amplified? What makes you think he wasn't on his own, or is it pure speculation. DE Luke was already more powerful than ROTS Anakin.

Faunus
Where does it say he achieved his speed only when his powers were amplified? What makes you think he wasn't on his own, or is it pure speculation. DE Luke was already more powerful than ROTS Anakin.

The comic? He'd been put on his ass twice by Sidious already, and then Leia and Anakin amplified his powers to allow him to win. It's in one of Escape's posts.

And did I ever say that he wasn't already more powerful than Anakin? No. I said he wasn't that much more powerful Anakin, unless he's super-powered by his sister and nephew.

tdtd
Actually going into Empire's End, the emperor put him on his ass and at the end of DE II he put the emperor on his ass. And getting disarmed by the emperor just shows how powerful the emperor was, not how weak Luke was. Yes Leia and the unborn child increase his power but without them he shouldn't have too many problems taking down ROTS Anakin.

Faunus
For the last time, I already said that he could defeat Anakin; but certainly not with impunity.

tdtd
And for the last time I agree

Darth_Glentract
Luke takes Anakin down.

Darth Subjekt
I hate to say it, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. DE Luke is one authors creation and ROTS Anakin is another's. So they're not even on the same playing field. Are there any EU books dealing with Anakin away from the movie story lines, where a higher power was mentioned? Oh well, I guess I'll go with the crowd and say Luke...although I don't like Luke.

w00t2112
I don't think many people like Luke, his an overpowered character.

Revolver Ocelot
I liked Luke in the OT. He started out as a fresh faced charming young boy, eager for adventure and ended as a brave Jedi Knight. He's still one of my favourite characters.

tdtd
Yea people don't like Luke because he's overpowered, so what? I'm supposed to not like Exar Kun because there was 1 comic about him and some people make him look like God?

Darth Subjekt
it's not "so what"...if thats a reason people don't like him, then they don't like him. No ones trying to make you not like him cause he's overpowered. I didn't say thats why I don't like him...I just don't. I cant explain why not. He just doesn't grab me. It might be because of Mark Hammil. He's like a fairy without wings. Maybe thats why I don't like him...not fair to the character, but hey thats just me. I don't care if he is a god, i don't think it fits him, but whatever, I'm not writing about him either. People have their opinions...let'em have'em basically.

tdtd
Mark Hamil is all man all the time

Darth Subjekt
yea as C0ck-knocker. laughing

Wesker
Originally posted by Captain REX
I should totally accuse tdtd of using feat wars! eek!

Not. stick out tongue

And Wesker...your ceiling fan CAN kill Jedi Masters. What do you think it was doing while you slept? That's right. It was helping George film Episode 3. Muahahaha...haha...ha...hmm...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Rexus1214/ah_damn____he__s_a_Jedi_by_ChaosMol.gif

Yeah, my ceiling fan is uber. It has a midichlorian count of one million.

Lord Mader
Anakin wouldn't lose right away probably a 10 minute battle

((The_Anomaly))
Hard fight. If anyone won it would be Luke, but overall I say stalemate. Then after neither can win they both go to KFC.

I could go for some KFC myself right now, 'haven't had that shit in years...lol

tdtd
ROTS Anakin wouldn't be able to stalemate DE Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.