Exar Kun and Ulic Quel-Droma vs. NJO Luke and Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Well, I think Ulic's probably the weakest out of these 4 but not by alot and Kun is the strongest but not by alot, either, so this should be pretty close. Kyp and Ulic'd probably duke it out and Kyp'd win in a close one. If he manages to beat Ulic before Kun beats Luke then he goes and helps Luke and they win, but if Kun kills Luke first he kills Kyp easily.

BeforeI make a decision on who'd win I'll wait to hear what other people have to say.

Moff Tarkin
Ulic will die, but Kun might be able to fend them off by himself. Might be close though.

tdtd
Not the Kun NJO Luke again. The way I see it NJO Luke and Kun are equals. I don't know much about Kyp except for his incredible use of force powers. So I'd say Kun and NJO Luke battle it out to a stalematewhile Kyp beats Ulic, and then they both take out Kun. I could be wrong about Kyp though.

Moff Tarkin
Kyp is powerful... very powerful... second only to Skywalker in the DN/

w00t2112
tdtd, NJO Luke is not on par with Kun, that fact has not been established, moreso Kun is likely to be stronger than NJO Luke and weaker than DN Luke, as well Kyp is likely to be stronger than Ulic, this leaves a good fight, NJO Luke and Kyp are likely to fight Kun, and it go either way, depending on who has the luck.

Moff Tarkin
I'd put Kun a bit above DN Luke. Not saying he's more powerful, IMO that's not the case, but his powers seem to be useful in a 1v1 situation. Like those blasts, it'd be hard to reflect them if he went super pissed DBZ style on Luke. Luke can stop ATAT shots, but I wouldn't say they're as powerful as Kun's bracer's blasts.

w00t2112
Well, you cant compare the AT AT Blasts seeing as they are not of the force and the amulet blasts are.

darthsith19
Tell me about Kun's blasts.

Moff Tarkin
They can make huge holes in temple walls, make huge holes in giant sith beasts...

w00t2112
They are physical manifestations of the force, channelling one's anger into focused force power coming out as beams that destroy whatever they hit.

Read some of the debates about Kun's Blasts, IKC provides scans on their power and its sheer strength in ripping creatures of the dark side with apparent ease.

tdtd
Ok I guess that's more realistic putting Kun above NJO Luke and below DN Luke.. However KYP would still take care of Ulic and I would guess the duo could take Kun out.. Kun isn't more powerful than both of them combined.

w00t2112
yea...but he has a 30% chance of doing it, just its not very likely..

tdtd
Who has a 30% chance of doing what?

w00t2112
Kun has a 30% of killing the duo

tdtd
That's not too high, and where did you get that # from?

w00t2112
educated guess

tdtd
Enlighten me.

w00t2112
Lol cbf

tdtd
CBF?

w00t2112
"can't be F**Ked

Fishy
Originally posted by w00t2112
"can't be F**Ked

Lol

Anyways I don't see Kun pulling this off, Ulic would probably die in a reasonable time and Kyp is supposed to be powerful he could probably give Luke the edge he needs.

Faunus
Luke can - at the very least - occupy Kun long enough for Durron to take out Ulic. And after that, the duo would probably be able to wipe him out.

tdtd
Yea what he said.

darthsith19
Why couldn't Kun just blast. You guys said that could blast holes in temple walls and giant sith beasts, if he used it on Luke surely it would kill him instantly and then he and Ulic together'd pwn Kyp, right?

Darth_Glentract
I somehow doubt that. Exar is the strongest here by a good margin. I think that Exar could take either Luke or Kyp rather quickly in this fight. Also, Kyp isn't to great with a lightsaber compared to his force powers. If Ulic or Exar can get in close to Kyp he won't last long.

If the following happens, I see this end result:
Exar vs. Luke
Ulic vs. Kyp
Exar takes Luke.
Kyp takes Ulic, but not fast enough to help Luke out. Exar then kills Kyp.

I think Luke and Kyp have a better chance if the following goes down:
Exar vs. Kyp
Ulic vs. Luke
Luke kills Ulic, but I can't tell I doubt Kyp last long enough to help Luke against Exar. Again, Exar and Ulic win.

Now, if it were DN Luke and Kyp vs. Exar and Ulic I can see Luke and Kyp winning by a very good margin.

tdtd
That's assuming Luke can't block his blasts or will allow Kun to get the distance to blast him.
I can also say that if Luke gets his distance him and Kyp could own Ulic and Kun with black holes.

Fishy
If it would work, if Kun would use it and if Luke couldn't avoid it.

Kun almost got destroyed by the blasts the one and only time he used it... He wouldn't use it again unless he had no choice.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by darthsith19
Why couldn't Kun just blast. You guys said that could blast holes in temple walls and giant sith beasts, if he used it on Luke surely it would kill him instantly and then he and Ulic together'd pwn Kyp, right?

No it wouldn't. Either Luke or Kyp could arguably block Exar's blasts.

tdtd
Do we have any evidence of KYP having the ability to block Kun's blasts? I know nothing about him.

w00t2112
Yeh, we shouldn't include unknown attacks such as Emerald Lightning or the Amulet blasts, still its hard to say that Kun will take down Kyp and Luke, providing Luke can hold Kun long enough for Kyp to finish Ulic.

tdtd
That's an agreeable post

Wesker
Damn, every other post is tdtd.

Faunus
Sometimes there's two posts between each of his, so u looz!

tdtd
What's your point wesker?

Wesker
Originally posted by tdtd
What's your point wesker?
Probably that you're a troll, obnoxious, annoying, and have basically made this section not worth visiting anymore.

tdtd
That's great, just because i've started making logical arguments and had people agree with me, the fanboy gets angry.. So instead of posting that the threads aren't worth visiting anymore, don't visit anymore. You don't see IKC on here anymore do you?

Darth_Glentract
Do we have any evidence of KYP having the ability to block Kun's blasts? I know nothing about him.

If you know nothing about a character, go find some stuff out yourself Ever heard of the term research?

Any, Kyp has shown himself to be close to Luke in force powers. Seeing as Luke has shown that he can block it by a hefty margin, if would logical that Kyp could do the same.

BTW, calling Janus a fanboy is an idiot statement, as he's never shown major bias. If anything, your ten times more of a fanboy then he has ever been.

tdtd
You're, and who am I a fanboy of again? When he makes stupid comments like what he did especially since I haven't trolled or insulted the past few days, I can defend myself.. Calling him a fanboy because he gets pissed off at anyone who tries to make a case for luke.

Darth_Glentract
Just because you haven't necessarily trolled in a fe days isn't going to change people's view of you.

tdtd
That's great but when people's view of me is inconsistent with my postings at the exact time they make the accusations and personal attacks, I can't help that, nor do I care, and it sucks to be them.

IKC
Oh please. When Ulic gets in close, he'd slaughter Kyp Durron. The man has more lightsaber skill in his wang than Kyp could ever possess.

Not that it matters, because Kun is still a more powerful combatant than any known incarnation of Luke "zOMG, teh furce!" Skywalker.

Darth_Glentract
A major exaggeration, but you're on the right track.

IKC
I was being facetious.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Oh please. When Ulic gets in close, he'd slaughter Kyp Durron. The man has more lightsaber skill in his wang than Kyp could ever possess.

Not that it matters, because Kun is still a more powerful combatant than any known incarnation of Luke "zOMG, teh furce!" Skywalker.

Based on what exactly? The ulic part that is.

His fight against Exar? Who couldn't have beaten Vodo at that time? His fight against Mandalore? That was impressive but still a non force user and you so like to call non force users sucky as hell (Yuuzhan Vong) or his fight against Sylvar? where he blocked and ran and was forced onto the edge of a cliff. Something he warned Vima of not much earlier and just decided to not fight anymore....

Yeah he's a sabergod...

tdtd
Lol. Great, he stalemated Kun and defeated Mandalore, oh and lost a lightsaber battle without the force, yea he's a real saber god. It would be a good fight but there's nothing to even suggest he'd defeat someone almost as equal to NJO Luke in power.

Fishy
Lol. Great, he stalemated Kun and defeated Mandalore, oh and lost a lightsaber battle without the force, yea he's a real saber god. It would be a good fight but there's nothing to even suggest he'd defeat someone almost as equal to NJO Luke in power.

He didn't lose yet he was losing but he didn't really lose yet, he did manage to hold on for some time.

tdtd
Oh.. Either way nothing shows he can defeat Kyp in a lightsaber battle.

Fishy
Is that so? Do you have any idae on how good Kyp is with a lightsaber?

tdtd
He is almost as good as NJO in both the force and lightsaber combat is he not?

Fishy
I don't know, he's pretty good with the force though I know that...

tdtd
According to quotes he is stated being almost as powerful to NJO Luke in both. NJO Luke is superior to Ulic, so it is reasonable to assume Kyp is also.

Darth_Glentract
Firstly, no that isn't really logical to assume that Kyp is better then Ulic just because you've heaqrd that he's close to Luke and Luke is better then Ulic. It might make it seem more likely, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Kyp is better then Ulic.

The main thing is that Kyp is not nearly as good as Luke in lightsaber combat. In force powers, Kyp could give Luke a hard time, but lightsaber fighting is not where Kyp is great. Kyp has bever shown himself to be great with a lightsaber. He lost to 4 Slayers, where Luke took out 7 of them.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Firstly, no that isn't really logical to assume that Kyp is better then Ulic just because you've heaqrd that he's close to Luke and Luke is better then Ulic. It might make it seem more likely, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Kyp is better then Ulic.

The main thing is that Kyp is not nearly as good as Luke in lightsaber combat. In force powers, Kyp could give Luke a hard time, but lightsaber fighting is not where Kyp is great. Kyp has bever shown himself to be great with a lightsaber. He lost to 4 Slayers, where Luke took out 7 of them.

And how would one of these slayers compare to an average Jedi Knight? Or another good lightsaber wielding knight?

tdtd
hmmm

Darth_Glentract
I don't know for sure. We didn't see them fight Jedi much, but they were the best of the best Yuuzhan Vong. Their armor took repeated strikes from a lightsaber to cut through. They also had much better weapons then other Yuuzhan Vong. Like I said though, they were the best of the best. Out of, say a hundred billion Vong they were in the top twenty.

Fishy
I don't know for sure. We didn't see them fight Jedi much, but they were the best of the best Yuuzhan Vong. Their armor took repeated strikes from a lightsaber to cut through. They also had much better weapons then other Yuuzhan Vong. Like I said though, they were the best of the best. Out of, say a hundred billion Vong they were in the top twenty.

So they were great fighters, and how would an average Yuuzhan vong compare to a normal or even great Jedi?

tdtd
Fishy, we know that the supreme overlord was capable of destroying many jedi at a time. I would rate the Vong more powerful than the Masassi

Fishy
I'm not asking you tdtd, and I don't care about the supreme overlord I want to know how an average vong compares.

tdtd
Didn't know you weren't asking me, my apologies.

Darth_Glentract
It really depends on who the Vong was. They were as a species on average far better fighters then Humans. Some Yuuzhan Vong were able to beat Noghiri. 2 or 3 Noghiri were able to kill over a dozen storm troopers using only knifes. The Yuuzhan Vong placed fighting ability very high and were trained to fight pretty much from birth. Against, say, Maul, I think a Slayer would win. The way that Jedi predicted attacks from Yuuzhan Vong was by sensing the air movements around them since they couldn't since the actual Vong. I believe that this was described as being much more difficult then just sensing a regular person. It gave the Vong a large advantage against Jedi.

tdtd
This was before Vongsense right?

Fishy
It really depends on who the Vong was. They were as a species on average far better fighters then Humans. Some Yuuzhan Vong were able to beat Noghiri. 2 or 3 Noghiri were able to kill over a dozen storm troopers using only knifes. The Yuuzhan Vong placed fighting ability very high and were trained to fight pretty much from birth. Against, say, Maul, I think a Slayer would win. The way that Jedi predicted attacks from Yuuzhan Vong was by sensing the air movements around them since they couldn't since the actual Vong. I believe that this was described as being much more difficult then just sensing a regular person. It gave the Vong a large advantage against Jedi.

So they were a warrior Race, Kyp killed four of their most powerful warriors at the same time I assume? And these people had weapons that could block lightsabers or disable them? cortosis right?

If that is all true, I would rate that as pretty impressive, from the limited information I have it wouldn't make Kyp weak at all, probably as godo with a lightsaber as Ulic if not better. And he has shown far more powerful force attacks then Ulic, so I can see him taking Ulic down.

Darth_Glentract
So they were a warrior Race, Kyp killed four of their most powerful warriors at the same time I assume? And these people had weapons that could block lightsabers or disable them? cortosis right?

Kyp fought four. He lost. He killed two of them if I remember correctly. He managed to not get captured though.You do have to remember that he was already tired from a large battle by the time he fought them though.

They used vonduum crab armor. Like cortosis, except that it was good at blocking blaster bolts too. Their amphistaffs were able to resist being cut by a lightsaber for several reasons, one of them was because it regenerated so fast that the lightsaber couldn't cut it(they were living weapons).

If that is all true, I would rate that as pretty impressive, from the limited information I have it wouldn't make Kyp weak at all, probably as godo with a lightsaber as Ulic if not better. And he has shown far more powerful force attacks then Ulic, so I can see him taking Ulic down.

Like I said, he fought four, killed only two. He managed to not get captured by them though. I didn't mean that Kyp sucks with a lightsaber, just that his force powers are far more advanced then his lightsaber skills, as he should have been able to kill at least five of the Slayers had his forve powers been proportioned to lightsaber ability as Luke's are.

Fishy
Perhaps but still you said he fought a large battle before? Like what Luke fought slaughtering his way through a Vong base? Because if thats the case, killing 2 out of 4 great warriors from a warrior race after battling your way through many of said warriors... Well its pretty impressive and I would by that alone rate him higher then Ulic with a lightsaber.

Faunus
Kyp is a juggernaut in terms of the Force, and I don't see him being at all shabby with a lightsaber, either. Nobody in the New Jedi Order can approach Luke in in dueling ability, but Kyp could arguably give him some trouble in the battle of the Force. Arguably.

tdtd
So in regards to Ulic, Kyp can take him I assume?

Faunus
In a duel? Presumably, but it'd be difficult. In a battle of the Force? Most likely.

tdtd
gotcha

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Faunus
Kyp is a juggernaut in terms of the Force, and I don't see him being at all shabby with a lightsaber, either. Nobody in the New Jedi Order can approach Luke in in dueling ability, but Kyp could arguably give him some trouble in the battle of the Force. Arguably.

Just to emphasize on what Faunus is saying about Luke being the uncontested best in the NJO with a lightsaber I'll add a some from The Swarm War. In it Luke is stated to be better with his off hand then anyone else in the Order. There are multiple interpretations of this, one that says that even though the one handed style isn't the one that Luke prefers he can still use it better then people who do prefer it. There is another that says that even with his off-hand Luke is better then anyone using their preferred style, single handed or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.