archangel vs. hawk girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beam
no prep time,both arrive at the scene of a building destruction.and while picking through the building rubble they see each other and both immediately accuse the other the battle ensues. who comes out on top.

Tulika
Archangel, no question about it.

wannabe
Guess who's my favourite! big grin

outarddwarf
hawk girl

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by outarddwarf
hawk girl are you answering wannabe or are you answering the thread?

outarddwarf
both? (sarcasm)

supremthor
hawkgirl wins shes stronger and is a waaayyyyyyy better fighter then archangel

wannabe
Originally posted by supremthor
hawkgirl wins shes stronger and is a waaayyyyyyy better fighter then archangel You didn't read much about Archangel lately, huh?! huh

grey fox
Archangel kicks her ass.

Mindship
Since this thread features two characters with wings, I thought I could pose this question, though it is a bit off-topic:

Since there are many characters who can fly w/o wings, doesn't this imply an innate superiority over those who do need wings to fly (those w/o the wings don't need the "extras"wink? In which case, what is the point of having characters with wings? IMO, it's kinda like, if Superman were faster than Flash, what would be the point of a Flash?

The only thing I can see which would make sense is, if those who fly with wings are the superior aerial combatants (in proportion to their overall power).

Any comments about this? Again, sorry for temporarily going off-topic (and to address this thread: I don't know much about Archangel, whereas Hawkgirl has always been touted as a skilled and tactical fighter, so off-hand I would vote Hawkgirl).

doctorstrongbad
Archangel wins this battle. He has the experience, has better powers, the guy has trained with the x-men in the danger room and trained with Apocalypse. It may be close but with his projectiles he can fight ranged better.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindship
Since this thread features two characters with wings, I thought I could pose this question, though it is a bit off-topic:

Since there are many characters who can fly w/o wings, doesn't this imply an innate superiority over those who do need wings to fly (those w/o the wings don't need the "extras"wink? In which case, what is the point of having characters with wings? IMO, it's kinda like, if Superman were faster than Flash, what would be the point of a Flash?

The only thing I can see which would make sense is, if those who fly with wings are the superior aerial combatants (in proportion to their overall power).

Any comments about this? Again, sorry for temporarily going off-topic (and to address this thread: I don't know much about Archangel, whereas Hawkgirl has always been touted as a skilled and tactical fighter, so off-hand I would vote Hawkgirl).

That's a very good question. I really don't know the answer to that one.

wannabe
Originally posted by Mindship

Any comments about this? Again, sorry for temporarily going off-topic (and to address this thread: I don't know much about Archangel, whereas Hawkgirl has always been touted as a skilled and tactical fighter, so off-hand I would vote Hawkgirl). You really follow a strange kind of logic! huh

If i adapt it, i could also ask:

-Where is the sense in having a character with magnetic powers that manipulates metal and electromagnetic energies (Magneto), when there are characters with a power like telekinesis with which they can manipulate ALL kinds of matter and energy (Marvel Girl)?
-Where is the sense in in having a character with superstrength coming from cosmic radiation (Thing) or mutation (Colossus), when there is already a character with superstrength coming from gamma radiation (Hulk), which gives him even more strength?
-Where is the sense in having a character with pure illusion powers, when there are others with the power of telepathy with which you can do the same and more?

The very simple answer to your question is: DIVERSITY & VARIETY & CREATIVITY

Characters with wings do have a restrictive element to their flight. They need room for their wings to flap, they need an atmosphere to use their wings, they are much more conspicious and yet they do not necessarily need to be superior fliers - so what? Does that make them really less interesting, cool or useful in their given universe?

I have an example question for you: There are stronger, faster, more durable, more skilled or more intelligent characters than Spiderman in comics, even characters who combine all these characteristics - but does that make Peter senseless to the comic universe???

nathan summers
It's a pointless fight. Archangel has the ABSOLUTE advantage. Hawk Girl could, however, compete with Angel no doubt. Moreover, I believed she'd win against standard winged Warren Worthington III.

Mindship
You really follow a strange kind of logic! huh

Why, thank you.

If i adapt it, i could also ask:
-Where is the sense in having a character with magnetic powers that manipulates metal and electromagnetic energies (Magneto), when there are characters with a power like telekinesis with which they can manipulate ALL kinds of matter and energy (Marvel Girl)?
-Where is the sense in in having a character with superstrength coming from cosmic radiation (Thing) or mutation (Colossus), when there is already a character with superstrength coming from gamma radiation (Hulk), which gives him even more strength?
-Where is the sense in having a character with pure illusion powers, when there are others with the power of telepathy with which you can do the same and more?
The very simple answer to your question is: DIVERSITY & VARIETY & CREATIVITY

Characters with wings do have a restrictive element to their flight. They need room for their wings to flap, they need an atmosphere to use their wings, they are much more conspicious and yet they do not necessarily need to be superior fliers - so what? Does that make them really less interesting, cool or useful in their given universe?
I have an example question for you: There are stronger, faster, more durable, more skilled or more intelligent characters than Spiderman in comics, even characters who combine all these characteristics - but does that make Peter senseless to the comic universe???

Diversity, variety and creativity. I agree with you 100%.
Real-world reasons aside, what might be a comic-world reason? You know how we like discussing nonsense. smile

Secondly, spider powers are cool, the costume is cool; he is as different from Bats and Supes as they are from each other. Diversity, variety and creativity. And if a character works, well, then, it doesn't matter what he can do or what he looks like (as long as it aint a blatant ripoff).

BTW, there is a Wonder Woman book which states the reason she has wings on her Eagle armor is because they enhance her ability to fly (otherwise, why have them if she already can fly). Again, I was just curious as to people's thoughts on the matter beyond the real-world reasons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.