Doctor Doom with a week of prep versus the Mighty Thor (classic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tshern
Doctor Doom's skills on invention are well-known, he has made a time machine, a gizmo that sucked power cosmic and as a last example, his own armor. So, can Doom take out the most powerful Avenger?

I would say it's pretty even, a slight advantage to Thor because he has showed some really amazing tricks. Please try not to use godblast as an explanation.

Tulika
In a battle well-written and canon to all their feats... I'd say this still goes for Thor, even without turning his opponent to helium or blasting him to pieces, but let's see. I assume you're not allowing Doom to travel in time or anything silly like that, so it would boil down to Doom attempting to create his Thor Buster-style battle armor. He's well familiar with the occult and Thor probably wouldn't be able to astound his opponent with magic and the same goes for pure strength.

Assume Doom builds different ability set-possessing Doombots to test Thor's abilties to their assumed maximum and Doom so fetches all necessary information to create an effective Thor-killing suit. Then he crafts a battle plan including fake Dooms, Doombots, magic-depleting fields, extra-powered repulsors, traps and a distraction for the rest of the Avengers so he'll get Thor all to himself. Assume all this took place, combined with some Ultimate Thor-killer Weapon...

I'd say Doom takes it 8/10. But Thor could surprise, who knows. A week is a lot for one as good as Doom.

Wally West
A week is a big advantage for someone like Doom, he can concentrate on nothing else but Thor, identify strengths, weaknesses, patterns etc and formulate a plan and execute it as well as anyone. We all know he has gotten the better of beings higher than Thor before (although not always in singles combat like this would be), so I think he has a very good chance, but Thor has a lot going for him and Mjolnir is so powerful and he can achieve a great deal through it, can Doom prepare for everything Thor may use it for? I doubt it, but I think he can prepare well enough to take a slim majority, maybe 6/10, possibly 7.

AJ4LIFE
i gotta agree wih the above staement its hard to say who would win casue hor has gone toe 2 to toe with hulk but if doom concentrated on it for a week its hard to say he might build an army that can suck u his powres while another droid does another thing so his abilities are drained or something like that but it would be a hard battle maybe it would last a couple of days i would like to see it in comics 6/10 doom though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.