The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Otus
Is anybody listening to The Darkness?? I just love that band... I even got The Darkness-cellphonecovers roll eyes (sarcastic) Well, tell me!

And, if someone doesn't know, The Darkness is British (glam)rock-band, with a real high-singing vocalist... They just published new album One way Ticket To Hell ...And Back rolling on floor laughing

Mišt
First album kicked ass, second album I havent fully listened to yet but from what I heard....meherm And theyre playing here in a monthw00t

Victor Von Doom
The new album is actually better, but it takes longer to click.

They're not 'glam-rock'.

alic88
i have not listened to them, can someone tell me of an album i could start with

Alpha Centauri
Excellent band.

-AC

SnakeEyes
Personally... I like them.

Otus

Otus

Alpha Centauri
Love on the Rocks with no Ice has been mine for a very long time.

-AC

Etrigan
THeir first album was very very good, a real breakthrough. I went to see them live after it was released.

The second album is good... but it really can't match the first one, I'm afraid.

Otus
Here a link to one of their videos:

"I Believe In A Thing Called Love"
http://mfile.akamai.com/9139/asf/stream.wmg.com/wmi/uk/darkness/ibelieveinathingcalledlove_w_hi.asx

About a minute from the beginning, is my favorite part, when the guitar falls in Justin´s (Vocalist/Solo guitarist) hands...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Etrigan
THeir first album was very very good, a real breakthrough. I went to see them live after it was released.

The second album is good... but it really can't match the first one, I'm afraid.

I think it's better.

It's just not as recognised that it's better because of the insanely big smash that Permission to Land was. Just like Kid A is better than OK Computer but it's not too widely recognised purely because of what came before.

To each their own though.

-AC

Otus

tabby999
i love Permision to Land, it took a while for it to click, and i managed to miss seeing them at Big Day Out when they played, where i work we love Permision to Land, everyone knows most of the words so as soon as we're drunk it comes on. I Belive In A Thing Called Love is my favourite song at the moment

Otus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.