Prose Contest Discussion Board

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Saratn
Well, I did get a few people interested, and I did ask Rex about this, let's hope that other people agree with this.

I thought that this could serve as the dicussion board, so we can talk about what rules their should be and what not.

So these things we should go over:

Rules
Judges
Limitations
How to Judge
Genre of each contest
How long each contest will be open
Any other matters

Judges, I think that a different person should judge each time a contest comes 'round. Maybe three judges would be great, but if it is one, then that will be all right too. And also I think that their should be two awards, the Judge's Award, and the People's Award. Meaning that someone could win if the Judge(s) favor someone's prose, and that person may win, and if another entry is favored by the people, then they would win that award.

Limitations should be like one post is the limit, up to 10,000 characters. One official entry can be made. If you want to switch entries, you should say what one is the official one.

Genre of each contest: If we are to do this, i think the first contest could be free style, writing whatever you want, unless it is poetry.

How long each contest will be open: Personally, since this section isn't all that big, i think that a month would be good.

These are all my views on the matters at hand so far.

I hope that people like my idea. Like i said, i have a few people interested.

Lord_Saratn
OH! someone voted! And for once it isn't me!

Barker

I think the Potter Forum was Interested in something like this too.

Esaul
i had this idea for quite some time honestly, a few months. i was reading through my pms, and i remembered what Rex said when i asked him about it. told me if i get a few people interested....

Barker
thumb up

Esaul? laughing out loud

Didn't Amity Just make you that Sig?

Esaul
yeah, at the same time having my name changed. Esaul was something from linkin park big grin

The Black Ghost
I voted yes. smile

Esaul
WHOO HOO

drunk_nazgul
prose!!! I voted yes too!

Esaul
yay!!! thank you ^_^

Esaul
so now, for those that have agreed, how are we going to do this?

boycrazeh
I think this is a good idea. Who would be the judges thought

Esaul
we have volunteers. it will rotate, so the same person isn't the judge all the time.

drunk_nazgul
Originally posted by Esaul
so now, for those that have agreed, how are we going to do this?

I don't know. The judges would be like mods, right?

Esaul
no not at all. and it's probably going to be one judge.

The Black Ghost
it should probably be someone who doesnt know any of us very well (no possibility of unfair judging)

Esaul
well, that's going to be a toughy. Rex is out of the question right away stick out tongue

me and him, we are sworn enimies.

i honestly wouldn't mind judging, though I know everyone who posted in this thread. I am fair and all that stuff. We could give that a try

~Midnight_Miss~
I voted yes. Though I doubt I would take part.

Esaul
that's alright. though I think you should. You are a great writer honestly big grin

oh, and should fanfic be allowed or our own work?

~Midnight_Miss~
We would need fair judges, so who would judge? You said earlier that there are volunteers. Who are the volunteers?

Esaul
i volunteered if you haven't noticed, and i am fair

The Black Ghost
but if you judge would you be able to submit?

Esaul
no i would not be able to submit

drunk_nazgul
Well, I like fanfics, but I'm not sure if anyone else does.
You mean Harry Potter, right? Cuz that's the only fanfic I see anymore.

Esaul
lol. that has invaded in fiction area

drunk_nazgul
I don't even like HP all that much anymore. sad
I miss the days when I used to like EVERYTHING. laughing out loud

The Black Ghost
Good ol times... rolling on floor laughing

Aliies
I request to be a judge (at some point), I don't know many people that well yet so many seem to know me smile

Esaul
I can honestly say that I know you Allies! I think you'd be a good judge ^_^

The Black Ghost
Hmm... yeh you could do it.

Esaul
so.........anything else anyone wants to add?

Aliies
shifty Are you 100% sure that you know me? shifty

Esaul
I can't say that I know you know you, but we've had our run ins

Aliies
Originally posted by Esaul
I can honestly say that I know you Allies! I think you'd be a good judge ^_^

Ha, made you contradict yourself! stick out tongue

The Black Ghost
no expression Alright.... anyways...

The Black Ghost
I wish we could get more people to come into this forum, it feels so empty compared to all the others... and I still hate everything I post getting like 1 reply or none at all. We gotta think of something...

Esaul
Agreed. this is the least visited forum in my opinion. Got a lot of potential writers, and we need to do something with that too

The Black Ghost
Its almost sad that way.... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.