Most Violent Comic Series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
What is the most violent/gory comic book series, mini-series, or graphic novel you have ever read?

Mine would either be Sin City (any of them, really), or possibly Marshal Law. The first volume of League by Alan Moore was pertty bloody as well.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't have any proof of this but I think Authority has some kind of record for exploded heads.

steverules
Predator comics are very violent and so are some of the Alien comics all by dark horse.

SnakeEyes
Punisher's MAX series is pretty ****in violent.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, I'd rate that as top one too.

Another one is Miracleman.

Etrigan
Heh, a lot of nasty stuff is by Moore...

Watchmen was violent. The cleaver to dog's head part was just scary.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I don't have any proof of this but I think Authority has some kind of record for exploded heads.

That, and they don't have recurring villians. They just kill them the first time so they don't have to deal with them again...so in that sense, the tone is more violent than most even if the actual panels aren't super-bloody or something.

Next Venom_girl
Spawn, Darkness, Witchblade, and Sin City.

Marcus4600
Carnage: Mind Bomb

Sir Whirlysplat
Alan Moores Miracleman "Olympus" storyline easily, I have posted the scans of bodies piled in the thames etc. (based on Autschwitz pictures) so many times here I can't be bothered to do it again. We also have (but I can't show due to PG13 limits) child Anal rape, a chess board of breasts, skinned humans on washing lines, fields of baby skulls, the sky raining body parts, bodies impaled on everything from lamp posts wrapped in barbed wires to Big Bens hands and lots more equally as bad. As John Byrne said about it, "those scenes make you feel bad".

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Alan Moores Miracleman "Olympus" storyline easily, I have posted the scans of bodies piled in the thames etc. (based on Autschwitz pictures) so many times here I can't be bothered to do it again. We also have (but I can't show due to PG13 limits) child Anal rape, a chess board of breasts, skinned humans on washing lines, fields of baby skulls, the sky raining body parts, bodies impaled on everything from lamp posts wrapped in barbed wires to Big Bens hands and lots more equally as bad. As John Byrne said about it, "those scenes make you feel bad". PMS evil face

willRules
Alan Moores Miracleman "Olympus" storyline easily, I have posted the scans of bodies piled in the thames etc. (based on Autschwitz pictures) so many times here I can't be bothered to do it again. We also have (but I can't show due to PG13 limits) child Anal rape, a chess board of breasts, skinned humans on washing lines, fields of baby skulls, the sky raining body parts, bodies impaled on everything from lamp posts wrapped in barbed wires to Big Bens hands and lots more equally as bad. As John Byrne said about it, "those scenes make you feel bad".

No offence or anything but what type of sick and twisted person would want to read that?

Validus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yeah, I'd rate that as top one too.

Another one is Miracleman.
Miracleman is right. The fight with Kid Miracleman in London was like hell on Earth. Whirly's description is spot on.

sick

roughrider
The Frank Miller/Geoff Darrow graphic novel Hard Boiled.
And anything being written by Garth Innes.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by roughrider
The Frank Miller/Geoff Darrow graphic novel Hard Boiled.
And anything being written by Garth Innes.

Whilst I agree Hardboiled was pretty "Hardcore", the Jonny Bates fight as Validus says beats all!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Validus
Miracleman is right. The fight with Kid Miracleman in London was like hell on Earth. Whirly's description is spot on.

sick

You must be older than I thought mate hardly anyone under 35 has read that! Due to the copyright laws.

roughrider
You must be older than I thought mate hardly anyone under 35 has read that! Due to the copyright laws.

I have seen that fight, many years ago. It was violent as hell.

Sir Whirlysplat
I have seen that fight, many years ago. It was violent as hell.

Yup and the most underrated artist of all time John Totleben, do you remeber his Swamp thing stuff!

roughrider
Oh yes. When Bissette couldn't pencil, Totleben could step in and do both, maybe even better. He did the double issue when Swamp Thing turns all of Gotham City into an overgrown garden & forest, to get Abby out of custody. Superb work.

Validus
I have a lot of old stuff. Most of it's passed down.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Validus
I have a lot of old stuff. Most of it's passed down.

smile lucky you, you realise those comics may never be printed again and had really low print runs even as trades and have passed into legend! They might be worth a great deal in another twenty years!

Sir Whirlysplat
Oh yes. When Bissette couldn't pencil, Totleben could step in and do both, maybe even better. He did the double issue when Swamp Thing turns all of Gotham City into an overgrown garden & forest, to get Abby out of custody. Superb work.

Yup he is one of the most underrated of all time sadly. Moebius is the other imo.

Marcus4600
Another good gory one: Thor: Vikings.

Etrigan

Holy crap. ANd I thought Moore's massacre in Watchmen was bad.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Etrigan
Holy crap. ANd I thought Moore's massacre in Watchmen was bad.

Doesn't even come close Etrigan, it starts with Jonny Bates in "Billy Batson" child form in the childrens home having a psychic war with the adult "Kid" Miracleman, who is trying to convince him to break his self imposed psychic restraints (HRUMU trance) and transform and rape, disfigure and murder the young nurse at the mental hospital/borstel. Jonny controls himself but is in the process of being gang raped by older boys a few scenes later and gives in. In a blaze of power the older boys are graphically damaged, Jonny then (now in adult Kid miracleman form) torments and murders the female nurse by smashing her lowerjaw through the back of her neck after letting her think she will live! It gets worse from there. And ends with Jonny transforming back to a 12 year old boy still with his jeans round his ankles and arse bleeding. At which point Miracleman murders him, preventing anything like the horrors in the pages between happening again!

Marcus4600
^ When was that published?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Marcus4600
^ When was that published?

That arc 1987 - 1990 in comic form. The trade was 1990 or 1991 strangely a far earlier "childbirth" story had far more controversy. The delays in publishing and Miracleman are a story in itself. Like V it started in Warrior magazine almost a decade earlier in 1981.

Scarecrow756
Batman: Arkam Asylum is pretty violent and gory. And some of the early Bob Kane and Bill Finger Batman stories where Batman used to kill in violent ways. I heard in one issue he killed someone with a sliver bullet gun.

Next Venom_girl
Oh yeah, and the Hellsing manga deserves a mention here too.
I'd like to reiterate, the Darkness:

Marcus4600
Fatality

Etrigan
Doesn't even come close Etrigan, it starts with Jonny Bates in "Billy Batson" child form in the childrens home having a psychic war with the adult "Kid" Miracleman, who is trying to convince him to break his self imposed psychic restraints (HRUMU trance) and transform and rape, disfigure and murder the young nurse at the mental hospital/borstel. Jonny controls himself but is in the process of being gang raped by older boys a few scenes later and gives in. In a blaze of power the older boys are graphically damaged, Jonny then (now in adult Kid miracleman form) torments and murders the female nurse by smashing her lowerjaw through the back of her neck after letting her think she will live! It gets worse from there. And ends with Jonny transforming back to a 12 year old boy still with his jeans round his ankles and arse bleeding. At which point Miracleman murders him, preventing anything like the horrors in the pages between happening again!

O.O Moore is twisted.

And yes, Next Venom Girl. Helsing manga is very violent, but in a different kind of way. Rather than actually gory, it is incredibly bloody.

I see gory and violent in different ways.

Arkham Asylum is nasty, yeah. Batman and Croc skewer each other on that pole and churn up each other's guts, and when batman stabs his own palm with a glass shard. It's disturbing to say the least.

Marcus, what's Fatality?

CaptainStoic
The Lobo first mini, Lobos Back mini and their funny too! I loved when he fought Santa,,, LMAO!

AJ4LIFE
savage dragon is pretty violent when he gor shot of a roof and landed ona spire but was still conciues and pulled him self of it, or when he had his hand blown of then when he was with his girlfrend in bed it regenerated back thats just a little bit of his violence

Marcus4600
O.O Moore is twisted.

And yes, Next Venom Girl. Helsing manga is very violent, but in a different kind of way. Rather than actually gory, it is incredibly bloody.

I see gory and violent in different ways.

Arkham Asylum is nasty, yeah. Batman and Croc skewer each other on that pole and churn up each other's guts, and when batman stabs his own palm with a glass shard. It's disturbing to say the least.

Marcus, what's Fatality?

Killing someone in Mortal Kombat

sapphiremouse
I would have to say the bloodiest, craziest,perverted and most graphic comic book ive read it Faust. Ive got this series Love of the Damned Act 1 through Act 9. Its by David Quinn and Tim Vigil and Rebel Studios.

It came out in 1992, the cover art for the first issue has a kind of wolverine like person with 2 claws and he's holding a severed head. There is a regular print and a Rebel edition...not sure what the diferrence is but the cover art. 2nd issue has a chick laying naked, legs spread wide open with a bloody shaving razor. LOL

If you can find them in a loca comic shop,check it out..its totally sickest book ive seen and that was over 10 years ago. pretty bad when they got a warning in the corner ( adult reading) (caution: contains violent and sexual situations)

roughrider
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
I would have to say the bloodiest, craziest,perverted and most graphic comic book ive read it Faust. Ive got this series Love of the Damned Act 1 through Act 9. Its by David Quinn and Tim Vigil and Rebel Studios.

It came out in 1992, the cover art for the first issue has a kind of wolverine like person with 2 claws and he's holding a severed head. There is a regular print and a Rebel edition...not sure what the diferrence is but the cover art. 2nd issue has a chick laying naked, legs spread wide open with a bloody shaving razor. LOL

If you can find them in a loca comic shop,check it out..its totally sickest book ive seen and that was over 10 years ago. pretty bad when they got a warning in the corner ( adult reading) (caution: contains violent and sexual situations)

I do remember that series. Wasn't just the violence - there was some sick sexual imagery. The Satan sex ritual, where that hot (but evil) woman humps some man-goat, and a python comes slithering out of her vagina at the climax. evil face sick

Knightfall93
Ewwwwwwwww... I think I'm gonna puke. Alan Moore wrote about child anal rape? He is one sick bastard!

lightaxe
Man does anyone have the miracleman scans? or a link to them?

I deff need to see this stuff, but with the copyright stuff I think it might never happen.

MightyEInherjar
Lots of the Image and Chaos comics are crazy gory. Eyeballs getting ripped out with fingers, people getting pipes shoved through their body through their ass, etc.

Grimm22
Heh, a lot of nasty stuff is by Moore...

Watchmen was violent. The cleaver to dog's head part was just scary.

The part with the dogs being killed made me very sad sad

But at the same time it was so amazingly awesome eek!

Grimm22
Honestly as awesome of a writer as he is, Alan Moore scares the crap out of me.

Seriously that beard and some of this stories.. fear

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.