Defenders vs. Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Defenders

Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange
Namor
Savage Hulk

vs.

Odin

GODSCRIBE
up..

batdude123
Odin gets his ass kicked.

boriquaking55
Hmmm....it all depends on whether Strange gets some prep. The way I see it, SS, Hulk, and Namor would get pimpsmacked almost immediately. Well, maybe Hulk could trade a few blows with Odin but Im sure Odin has some powerful magic to deal with him + he can easilly utilize BFR if Hulk proves stubborn. Strange is the wildcard, I say if he has even a bit of prep the team can take this.

No prep sudden battle Odin 7/10
Prior notice Defenders 8/10

GODSCRIBE
Possibly.

guy222
Originally posted by Madvillain
Defenders

Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange
Namor
Savage Hulk

vs.

Odin

Odin FTW

Tyrant
Originally posted by batdude123
Odin gets his ass kicked. Why?
shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin with great Ease. the only Wild Card is Doc. He could probably Take Odin on his own if he had the right spells lined up or a nice trinket of power or Two.

long pig
Ya' know, it's a bit old but it's still pretty true:

Time Stop FTW.

I really can't recall any feats where Odin displays mastery over time equal that of Strange. There is a lot of things you can do to a person when you have a thousand years of prep to use on him while he's stuck in a time-freeze.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by long pig
Ya' know, it's a bit old but it's still pretty true:

Time Stop FTW.

I really can't recall any feats where Odin displays mastery over time equal that of Strange. There is a lot of things you can do to a person when you have a thousand years of prep to use on him while he's stuck in a time-freeze.

Odin stopped time against the Destroyer

tkitna
Odin

long pig
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Odin stopped time against the Destroyer
He did pull off something like an area-specific time manip, but in all honesty, that's nothing compared to some of Stranged most insane time manip feats. Area time manips are fair game for people even like Apoc. Strange's time manip feats can be area, world wide, universal or whole dimension wide. As in the earth stops spinning, the sun is forced up all the way up to stopping time over an entire dimension and left that way. The guy popped into a dimension of evil and said "With every second you beings thirst for evil grows, for the good of us all, I'll not allow you another." then he locks the whole universe inside them dimension in a time stop and leaves it that way for eternity.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by long pig
He did pull off something like an area-specific time manip, but in all honesty, that's nothing compared to some of Stranged most insane time manip feats. Area time manips are fair game for people even like Apoc. Strange's time manip feats can be area, world wide, universal or whole dimension wide. As in the earth stops spinning, the sun is forced up all the way up to stopping time over an entire dimension and left that way. The guy popped into a dimension of evil and said "With every second you beings thirst for evil grows, for the good of us all, I'll not allow you another." then he locks the whole universe inside them dimension in a time stop and leaves it that way for eternity.

So let me get this straight. He permanently stopped time in an evil dimension, then just locked the entire universe up for eternity? What the f**k? Ooookkkkk.......... props to the Sorcerer Supreme. laughing

MJOILNIR
Strange had to help the other god heads against Thor suring the reighning arc.....If Doc could take odin then why didnt he just do the same to King Thor without teaming up/godheads...We all know Odins real feats and the way he was originally written to be on par with big g...I think it wouldent be as easy as a time stop spell on the spot....With time and trinkets maybe but not on the spot with Odin at his best..Many times Odins powers have reached across galaxies and effected planetary populations. its a good guess that he can manipulate time as easily and as far away as strange canHe did move Asgard out of time and reality..His battles have re created dead suns and shook the universe...Strange is gonna have to be more than Johnny on the spot for this one I think.. Its hard to make a decision on characters like this as they both have dome outlandish things. Tell me whos writing the arc and then I can probably tell you who would win,LOL

TricksterPriest
Dr. Strange is fully capable of pwning Odin. He's beaten far more powerful entities. And the galaxy busting feat was retconed. stick out tongue I don't know if Odin will take him out fast enough, but LP is right about one thing. Strange's time manip is almost unrivaled.

Wally West
When the Infinity Watch, Surfer, Strange and Thanos were taking Warrior Madness Thor to Odin, some no-name run of the mill Asgardian cleaned Strange's clock and KO'd him in one hit, which is why he was no where to be seen when Surfer and Thanos confronted Odin shifty whistle

MJOILNIR
When was Odin retconned? Im not really doubting it but I sure dont remember it and Ive read every issue of Thor but many were 15-25 years ago when you read a comic that long you tend to forget stuff, but in any case theres been several instances of Odin effecting galaxy wide areas. He did pull the whole of Asgard out of space and time.. AND like I mentioned above and Wally mentioned why in the last two times Doc.S has come up against the Odin force he hasnt fared well at all???? Once in the reighning and once in blood and thunder...He did also beat Mephisto in his own realm..

Takion
Give the Defenders the Twilight Sword. shifty

TricksterPriest
The Galaxy smashing was retconed to him tapping the power of infinity, the abstract.

guy222
Originally posted by Takion

Or the Casket of Ancient Winters big grin

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Takion
Ok thats cool, but just how many people could tap eternity? and are you sure it was the abstract eternity or his alter dark ego eternity? there was a whole story about that to. Im not saying Doc.S couldent beat him but I am saying i dont think its that automatic. Strange has stopped time across earth...Odin has stopped time across earth and at the same time transported the entire population of earth to a alternate dimension and they never remembered anything about it. All without any artifacts,spells or help..They both have rediculous feats, both are awsome characters. cool

long pig
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Strange had to help the other god heads against Thor suring the reighning arc.....If Doc could take odin then why didnt he just do the same to King Thor without teaming up/godheads...We all know Odins real feats and the way he was originally written to be on par with big g...I think it wouldent be as easy as a time stop spell on the spot....With time and trinkets maybe but not on the spot with Odin at his best..Many times Odins powers have reached across galaxies and effected planetary populations. its a good guess that he can manipulate time as easily and as far away as strange canHe did move Asgard out of time and reality..His battles have re created dead suns and shook the universe...Strange is gonna have to be more than Johnny on the spot for this one I think.. Its hard to make a decision on characters like this as they both have dome outlandish things. Tell me whos writing the arc and then I can probably tell you who would win,LOL
He had trouble because the story called for it. Strange has the power of a god head, i.e Skyfather. I'm not saying his power is LIKE that of a godhead (pantheon leader), I'm saying he literally has the power of a god head.

He used his godhead power against Dormammu and one shotted him.

Honestly, Strange has way better feats. Better Telepathy feats, TK feats, time feats, skill feats, power feats (Strange let out a blast so powerful it could have "Shaped or shaken the entire universe. One shotting a dimension and so on), better absorbsion feats (he can literally absorb infinite power), better on the fly feats...and so on. Odin's only really big advantage is his age/strength/speed/durability and title (hell, maybe not even title. King of tiny asgard isn't as impressive as Supreme of the universe) superiority.

long pig
Strange can and has tapped into eternity. He's the Avatar of Eternity you know?

Knighted Steel
Odin's already one shot taken out Surfer.He's also revived Hulk after Enchantress killed ole Greenskin.I'm not seeing Namor being a factor here.

Dr.Strange is the most dangerous.And can pull battle upsets from real high level people from time to time.But overall on average,he's outclassed here.We've seen Doc get beat by Spider-Man.Overpowered by a Fire elemental monster.Have problems with hand ninjas.Be overcome by Kree technology.Look less than great vs Pluto.Etc.Balder has even taken Doc out for several pages.Seemingly,with a single punch.Odin can certainly penetrate his shields.And if Doc doesn't get his shields right up,forget it.

Odin has stopped time.And when in possession of merely a portion of his power.See when he halted time(again,when Loki actually had part of his power)and instantly transported earth's entire population off the planet and into another dimension.

The Infinity Arc isn't fully retconned,far as I know.The source of Dark Odin's power was the abstract Infinity.But Odin's taking part in the galaxy destruction when fighting Dark Odin the first time seems legit.Odin's defeat of Dark Odin in the climax and Odin putting all back right with a wave of his sceptre are canon,far as I know.

Not that it matters.There's still the original Enchanters arc.The very basics of which were shown under Jurgens.Plus Walt Simonson's Surtur arc.Where Odin fights a one shot galaxy destroying Surtur as a relative equal on power.And finally the 1990's JIM mini vs Seth.This stuff pretty much ends speculation about Odin's ability to perform at galaxy or better levels.The last of those also contains a quote by Dr.Strange himself which states the battle between Odin & Seth as having possible multiversal conseqences.

long pig
Odin blew up a galaxy? When?

Strange destroyed an entire dimension. That's basically an entire universe. Eternity himself said Strange is so powerful that just being alive jepordizes the multiverse.

Heh, he shuddered the universe and threw planets at Death's domepeice.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1012/death1lv4.jpg

I'm trying to find the scan where Strange matches Odin's "putting the universe back together" feat. The only difference is, Strange didn't use an artifact.

Knighted Steel
I know about that story.And it's cool.But I don't feel there's anything overriding there that suggests it get sole precedent over all else.And Asgard has been referred to as a dimension.Set supposedly resides in his own dimension.One that was so small Thor,Dr.Strange,Ben Grimm,& company continuously hit the edges of it in Thor Annual 14.

The original Enchanters arc was Thor,issues 144-145.The Seth fight was Journey Into Mystery #513(1997 series.)Walt's Surtur galaxy destroying happened in Thor 337.Odin confirmed it in Thor 349.Odin battled Surtur for quite some time as a seeming peer in 352.

And major entities tend to carry avatars that are sometimes far less powerful than they are.Like Death & Deathurge.The latter not being out of the herald class.

Also,Odin is an agent of (Master) Order,anyway.As was shown in Thor Annual #9.

guy222
odin

Bouboumaster
Odin ftw

lawest9
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin with great Ease. the only Wild Card is Doc. He could probably Take Odin on his own if he had the right spells lined up or a nice trinket of power or Two. i agree with this, ds with some prep and the right magic spells might make it a little bit of a battle but eventually he's going down as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.