Ulic Qel Droma vs Yoda and Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Takes place on Onderon.

Fishy
Yoda and Mace

tdtd
Why would you need both of them? Yoda could take down Ulic and Mace most likely would be able to also

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by tdtd
Why would you need both of them? Yoda could take down Ulic and Mace most likely would be able to also

What makes you think that? Ulic stalemated Exar when Exar was almost as good, if not better then Vodo-Siosk Baas. Ulic then got better after that. He's extremely capable. Not enough to defeat both Yoda and Mace at the same time, but in single combat he could take either.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
What makes you think that? Ulic stalemated Exar when Exar was almost as good, if not better then Vodo-Siosk Baas. Ulic then got better after that. He's extremely capable. Not enough to defeat both Yoda and Mace at the same time, but in single combat he could take either.

Exar was hit down by Vodo in no time at all once their fight started from that moment till he met Ulic he has not shown to improve with a lightsaber.

We also never see Ulic really improve, the only real fight he has was against Mandalore, and that was a damned impressive fight but one fight does not put him above Mace or Yoda.

tdtd
At the time Ulic stalemated Kun, Kun was certainly not better than Vodo.. Kun did get better at least a little bit when he created his new technique. Nothing suggests Ulic can best Yoda who was unmatched in saber combat and Mace who was only matched by Yoda. Putting them together is overkill.

Lörd Sorgo
At the time Ulic stalemated Kun, Kun was certainly not better than Vodo.. Kun did get better at least a little bit when he created his new technique. Nothing suggests Ulic can best Yoda who was unmatched in saber combat and Mace who was only matched by Yoda. Putting them together is overkill.

Kun was never better than Vodo. Vodo lost to overconfidence.

I mean . . . Who the hell brings a Broken stick to a Lightsaber duel to show that they're tough?

Jeez...

Darth_Glentract
Excuse me, but Exar gained huge amounts of power between when he lost to Vodo on Dantooine and when he stalemated Ulic.

1. Exar had already gotten his Sith Amulet by this point and had already demonstrated the most powerful feat we've ever seen him do, the massive blast with the amulet that killed many massassi, did damage to a Temple, and took out Nadd.

2. Exar had already gotten and studied under Nadd's spirits and had taken several scrolls from Nadd's Tomb.

3. Exar had already gotten Sadow's teachings.

4. Exar had already made the sphere that trapped the Massassi and drained their life energies.

Sorgo, Exar pwned Vodo. Seeing as his staff was described as being more powerful then a lightsaber, there is no logical reason to think that Vodo was just being overconfident.

tdtd
Sorgo you're an idiot. Read what Glentract wrote. I don't know if Kun was really better than Vodo in lightsaber combat, but he did develop the dual lightsaber and the style, which Vodo was unaware of and didn't know how to defend against. It could have been a mixture of both.

Darth_Glentract
tdtd, Sorgo's probably not the person you want to pick a fight with and calling him an idiot is a good way to do that.

Fishy
Excuse me, but Exar gained huge amounts of power between when he lost to Vodo on Dantooine and when he stalemated Ulic.

1. Exar had already gotten his Sith Amulet by this point and had already demonstrated the most powerful feat we've ever seen him do, the massive blast with the amulet that killed many massassi, did damage to a Temple, and took out Nadd.

2. Exar had already gotten and studied under Nadd's spirits and had taken several scrolls from Nadd's Tomb.

4. Exar had already made the sphere that trapped the Massassi and drained their life energies.

Sorgo, Exar pwned Vodo. Seeing as his staff was described as being more powerful then a lightsaber, there is no logical reason to think that Vodo was just being overconfident.

1. Doesn't mean jack shit about his lightsaber abilities and it was a lightsaber fight.

2. See 1

3. See 1

4. See 1, and WTF? where does this come from?

And Exar broke Vodo his stick because he used a double bladed lightsaber that is more powerful then a lightsaber, its how he broke Vodo's stick the first time by using two lightsabers instead of one.

tdtd
Maybe not glentract but when I tell him he's illogical he uses personal attacks. And also I am more inclined to believe that Vodo was unaware of the new saber style and obviously had no defense against it, as opposed to Kun being superior to Vodo in saber combat.

Fishy
Maybe not glentract but when I tell him he's illogical he uses personal attacks. And also I am more inclined to believe that Vodo was unaware of the new saber style and obviously had no defense against it, as opposed to Kun being superior to Vodo in saber combat.

And thats where you would be wrong. IF Exar made a new style and Vodo couldn't defend against that Exar would be better.

If I would be fighting you with a stick and you would have a stick and I would smash from above my head towards yours every single time and you would block it by holding your stick above your head then that would be a stalemate. But if I would then suddenly stop and hit you on the side you would fall on the ground and I would be better because I could adept and you could not.

Also both Vodo and Exar seem to try to convince the other to join their side so the fight wasn't entirely serious until the moment when Exar ignited his double bladed lightsaber and a second later Vodo is dead... I would say he surpassed Vodo by quite a bit.

tdtd
Eh yea I see your point. But you could say it doesn't make Kun necessarily superior in Saber combat, as much as Vodo not having an idea how to defend a style he's never seen. If we're boxing against each other in the ring and you suddenly start using kickboxing on me, and i've never seen it before, I wouldn't know how to defend myself. It doesn't mean youre a better fighter than me but it does mean you know more.

Fishy
Eh yea I see your point. But you could say it doesn't make Kun necessarily superior in Saber combat, as much as Vodo not having an idea how to defend a style he's never seen. If we're boxing against each other in the ring and you suddenly start using kickboxing on me, and i've never seen it before, I wouldn't know how to defend myself. It doesn't mean youre a better fighter than me but it does mean you know more.

Yes but knowing more makes me a better fighter because we this isn't a fight with rules its a fight. Why do you think that Makashi users are so often great in lightsaber fights because they know how to fight with a lightsaber.

Perhaps in talent an Ataru user can be a lot greater but the Makashi user is more effecient and just greater with a lightsaber so he would still destoy the Ataru user even though he is the least talented of the two.

tdtd
Yea I agree with that. But you're saying Kun is superior to Vodo in saber combat, and I'm saying that Kun is a better fighter only when he uses the double lightsaber..

zephiel7
Lol, and now TdTd gets it after much looping back and forth.

tdtd
I think you're missing my point, but good try.

Lörd Sorgo

Of course there's reason! The Stick may be powerful, but believe it or not, It was still a Broken Stick and Exar just happened to smash the Broken part. If the stick did not break, Vodo would have blocked Exar's Swing.

tdtd
Uh, again you're wrong.

Lörd Sorgo
Uh, again you're wrong.

Someone whip out the Scans, please.

tdtd
Yes, show us where Kun happened to hit the broken part of the stick. Yea if the stick hadn't broken Vodo would have been able to continue. If Michael Jordan didn't return to the NBA there would have been a different champion. What is your point?

Lörd Sorgo
Yes, show us where Kun happened to hit the broken part of the stick. Yea if the stick hadn't broken Vodo would have been able to continue. If Michael Jordan didn't return to the NBA there would have been a different champion. What is your point?

Vodo put his stick up to block Exars incoming attack and Exar hit the part where the white band was covering the broken point of the stick. Then his Lightsaber drifted through and f*cked Vodo's shit up.

tdtd
Show me oh wise one. And again, Vodo got his ass handed to him because he was unfamiliar with the new style and had no defense for it.

Lörd Sorgo
Show me oh wise one. And again, Vodo got his ass handed to him because he was unfamiliar with the new style and had no defense for it.

That could possibly be a reason, but from what I saw from the Comic, Vodo was blocking Exars next hit but his stick happened to break.

Faunus

tdtd
Can you provide the scan so I can take a look

Lörd Sorgo
Can you provide the scan so I can take a look

IKC or Illustrious can provide them . . . I think . . .

PM them.

Revolver Ocelot
Swcomics.com not working for anyone else?

tdtd
IKC has been gone ever since Kun was deemed none uber powerful.

Lörd Sorgo
IKC has been gone ever since Kun was deemed none uber powerful.

Incorrect.

Actually, IKC was sick of stupid noobs with pathetic arguments.

And the Noobs who constantly think they're correct even know they're providing horrid and inconsistant information that is proofless.

That's 'bout it.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Fishy
1. Doesn't mean jack shit about his lightsaber abilities and it was a lightsaber fight.

2. See 1

3. See 1

4. See 1, and WTF? where does this come from?

And Exar broke Vodo his stick because he used a double bladed lightsaber that is more powerful then a lightsaber, its how he broke Vodo's stick the first time by using two lightsabers instead of one.

1,2,3,4: Where else do you think Exar got so good with a lightsaber from?

tdtd

Lörd Sorgo
When you are trying to insult me, try spelling simple words correctly.

When you're making ridiculous assumptions, try to find some venerable proof besides your paranoia that everyone is talking about you.

I guarantee if I did a Post Hunt on you, I'd find a shitload of spelling errors.

More hypocrisy from the wonderful tdtd.

Fishy
1,2,3,4: Where else do you think Exar got so good with a lightsaber from?

He is never shown to even use his lightsaber in that time, he had a shit load of knowledge he had to learn, that was far more important for him then learning how to use a lightsaber. Sith magic, he needed to learn shit like that. The freezing spell for instance was something he learned and that couldn't have been easy. He must have learned other things, but he has never ever been shown to use a lightsaber since he left Vodo until he met Ulic, and with all the knowledge he had to learn I would be really surprised if he spend a lot of time training.

And more importantly against who would he train? Massasi probably wouldn't like it if he would slaughter them so he could train against nothing thats simply not as effective as training against other lightsaber users.

simply put there is nothing to show he increased with a lightsaber at all up until that moment.

Darth_Glentract
My point still is that when else do you think Exar got good with a lightsaber?

tdtd
Does it actually show where Kun got better with his lightsaber between the Ulic fight and Vodo?

zod360
Presumably when he created the double bladed saber on Yavin 4.

Fishy
My point still is that when else do you think Exar got good with a lightsaber?

After when he had learned much Sith Lore, when the war was coming when he created his double bladed saber and created a new style. That is when we know he improved that is when he had learned much and that is when he had reason to improve. After Ulic not before.

Also its then that we clearly see improvement, not before.

zod360
That is true but I doubt he didn't improve at all between his first duel with Vodo and his duel with Ulic.

Fishy
Originally posted by zod360
That is true but I doubt he didn't improve at all between his first duel with Vodo and his duel with Ulic.

No evidence for it, and even if he did improve which would be speculation. We wouldn't know by how much and we couldn't say how much better he did become. It wouldn't mean shit, he would likely still be under Vodo.

zod360
Oh yes of course he would be under Vodo at that stage. I'm just saying he could have improved by an extremely small margin. Not that it matters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.