Correct the letter , ruin the sentence OR Grey fox reveiws V for vendetta.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
My my my is it that time again , the first comic book movie of the year . The movie which may show our hopes and dreams as Hollywood comes ever closer to solidifying our papery expectations into celluloid .

First up this year is the vexing , vindictive and downright villainous v for vendetta , alas this film has caused me to take up a personal vendetta , against the Watchowski brothers that is .

You see , after the superb showing that was 'Sin City' (proving that it is possible to turn a graphic novel into a film without changing the plot) Comic book movies have to be better. They have to live up to their original material.

Unfortunately enough the watchowski brothers (the two men who created the original and inspiring matrix , while brining the farce that was revolutions and reloaded into the light of day) can't seem to grasp this concept . and warped what was an intriguing and mystifying story , into what could be broadly called a larger version of kill bill , with politics.

I can admit , some of what Alam moore originally wrote was a little thin when it came to realism , after all who would believe it possible for someone to construct a moving dummy out of sticks ?

But this review is not about what can or what cannot be done . It's about showing how bad the wachowski bother ****ed up .

And yes they did indeed **** up , majorly one could say .

You see the brothers barely held onto the original plot 'but grey fox ' i can hear some of you saying ' this is a film it doesn't have to cling on to the plot like a un-suckled baby to a mothers breast' .

But it does ! For you see, without holding on to the original plot line this is no longer v for vendetta , it is a film which vaguely resembles a graphic novel , but aside from that has no ties to it.

The only good things i can say about the film is this.

Hugo weavign was the perfect choice, the man can act well enough. But behind that mask he truly embodies what v is . The costume for v was well made (unlike that abomination which some call the green goblin)

The music is beautiful , it combines soft classical with neo-industrial perfectly.

But aside from the earlier described , the film reeks , the original plot is diverged so much one wonders whether it is truly a intentional choice and not the spawn of some mistake.

But to get straight to the point i was disappointed , quite alot. Their were a few quirks and well done scenes , but aside from that i was very disappointed.

All in all i give V for Vendetta a 3/10 .

DigiMark007
Moving to the comic movies forum.

JKozzy
My my my... too good to post it in the V thread, I see.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t314853.html

grey fox
Originally posted by JKozzy
My my my... too good to post it in the V thread, I see.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t314853.html

No , because it is m personal view upon the film.

H. S. 6
Good for you. thumb up

Paola
next time someone wants to give their 'personal view' on a film, please don't use this thread, this is only for mr grey fox's view on 'V'. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.