Final Fantasy Fair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, I saw that there are like 3 dozen FF threads, but read on anyway.

Right, so FF I & II were ported to GBA, and the plan was apparently to remake all FF 1-6 for the Gameboy Advance. Great for me! I just got a GBA! (That cool one that looks like the original NES controller).

Then I read that all of them except FF III are going to be on the GBA, FF III is going to be ported over to DS.

Well wtf!? I think it's a little unfair to do a whole series on one console, and then move ONE game over to a different one, in the middle of the damn series.

Say 1-3 were for GBA and they ported 4-6 over to DS, then it's understandable...but picking FF 3 right out from the middle to leave those of us with only GBAs stranded with an incomplete set is cold.

**** SquareEnix with a burning iron.

JKozzy
I don't see a problem with that. Link me to an article where Nintendo said that their plan was to port I-VI to GBA.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by JKozzy
I don't see a problem with that. Link me to an article where Nintendo said that their plan was to port I-VI to GBA.

It wasn't Nintendo's plan, it was Square Enix's. It's called the "Final Fantasy Port Project" and there's articles all over if you just google it.

The plan never stated that FF 3 was going to be for GBA, but it's still a kick in the teeth, because now the GBA series is incomplete, unless I buy a DS, which I just see as a dick move on the company's part.

BackFire
FF3 as in the Japanese FF3? Or FF3 as in FF6?

Darth Jello
The reason FF3 is gonna have such a radical makeover and why it's gonna be on DS is cause square enix thinks the game needs a full makeover to make up for the fact that it's never been rereleased since it's original release in 1990 and has never been released outside of Japan at all.
Plus, the final boss, Cloud of Darkness is supposedly the hardest battle in any Final Fantasy.

General Kaliero
FFIII is going to be on the DS because the entire game is being rebuilt from the ground up to be 3D, with gameplay similarities to the newer FFs in the series. I wholeheartedly support the idea, and cannot wait for it.

As for the rest, yes, Nintendo has already brought I & II, and IV to the GBA, and is working on V and VI.

And about your rant... just buy the DS. It DOES play GBA games, so you can play all the SNES/SFC Final Fantasies on one system if that's so important to you.

JKozzy
Originally posted by BackFire
FF3 as in the Japanese FF3? Or FF3 as in FF6? Japanese, the one that never made it stateside.

Originally posted by General Kaliero
And about your rant... just buy the DS. It DOES play GBA games, so you can play all the SNES/SFC Final Fantasies on one system if that's so important to you. Ditto.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by General Kaliero
FFIII is going to be on the DS because the entire game is being rebuilt from the ground up to be 3D, with gameplay similarities to the newer FFs in the series. I wholeheartedly support the idea, and cannot wait for it.

As for the rest, yes, Nintendo has already brought I & II, and IV to the GBA, and is working on V and VI.

And about your rant... just buy the DS. It DOES play GBA games, so you can play all the SNES/SFC Final Fantasies on one system if that's so important to you.

Yea I could buy the DS...if I wasn't broke.

It's not always as simple as throwing money at it, and besides, I don't like the design of the DS, the two screens seems unneccesary to me. And yes I've played it. I have more fun with one screen.

Darth Jello
i haven't heard anything about it being fully 3D and retooled, based on screenshots it just looks like an oldschool final fantasy with rendered 3d graphics like mario RPG. I just hope that the insane difficulty is kept like it was in the other reissues (I have a feeling that V is gonna be near impossible).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.