Durability

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Not counting abstracts or any natural cosmic force in any universe, who's got the best durability? WHo could survive a Black Bolt scream to the face? Thanos of Titan? Supes? Pitt? Spawn?

Abstracts/Cosmics include but obviously not limited to:

Galactus
Spectre
Celestials
Lucifer Morningstar
Celestials

Marcus4600
Spawn, definately. Dr. Strange, definately. However, I'm not sure about Superman.

CaptainStoic
The Characters that I'm saying could survive this kind of assault would be:
1) Superman (if he braces himself) and the rest of his Super ilk.
2) Supreme ...no not Hyperion but Image comics Supreme
3) Pitt
4) Gladiator if he really believes in himself.
5) Classic Juggernaut
6) The Destroyer
7) Ultron
8) Mangog
9) Count Nefaria
10) Ultra Boy

vpokdekjyafmidp
exitar can

vpokdekjyafmidp
^^^ oh wait sorry nvm

Wally West
Thanos has got to be right up there with the best of them when it comes to durability, it takes an incredible ammount to put him down (or just call in Squirrel Girl).

JohnR
Thanos would probably be injured and stunned, but not knocked out.

Superman would probably be injured and knocked out. His clones (Gladiator, Hyperion, Count Nefaria, and so on) would probably all survive, but be injured to some degree (Gladiator probably not too badly, Hyperion quite a bit).

Classic Juggernaut might feel it, but either way, he wouldn't be injured. At worst, he's stunned.

supremthor
LOBO CAN TAKE ANY punishment

hoorayforpeepee
we've never seen a blackbolt scream, though his whisper has taken out gladiator before. knowing that, and knowing that blackbolts superhuman physiology likely accounts for a wider margin between his whisper and his scream than is normally found, i'd say that not even cosmics survive.

soujaboy09
Juggernaut would survive regardless

I agree with JhonR with the rest

manjaro
Originally posted by Crease
Not counting abstracts or any natural cosmic force in any universe, who's got the best durability? WHo could survive a Black Bolt scream to the face? NONE save for those you chose to omit can survive that... black bolt isnt all about the massive and unparalleled concussive force, his thing is also to rip electrons from atoms, thats how his power fundmentally works, so that basically ripping shit apart on an atomic level, so if you dont have magic or cosmic energies on your side your toast

Ex11B
Mangog
Count Nefaria
The Fury
Asgardian Destroyer

Yeah,they could

thesilverspider
I doubt supes can take it with his super hearing and all.Any one who has a decent shield can take it.

GODSCRIBE
Superman would get KO'd like Gladiator.

Thanos and Juggernaut would definately take it.

Xplosive
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Superman would get KO'd like Gladiator.

Thanos and Juggernaut would definately take it.

I agree. And I think Superman would also be KO-ed pretty much easily.

outarddwarf
Juggernaut rules this competition! Woot!

DarkCrawler
Juggernaut would probably faint because of the sound (Nimrod took him out like that), but he would take it without any physical damage...Classic, that is. Current one would die.

MattDay
Im not sure about the hearing thing, supes has been screamed in the face by a villain with similar powers... cant remember the bitches name lol, and he withstood it before flying into orbit to knock her unconcious.

TheKahn
Just to add some people who haven't been mentioned yet:

Marvel:
Zeus
Odin
Any Eternal
Any member of the Octessence: Cyttorak, Balthak, Ikonn, Raggadorr, Watoomb, Valtorr, and Krakkan

DC:
Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman would most likely survive but be injured to some degree as they all have connections to gods
Given his power, I would think Firestorm should be able to survive it

UniOmni
The scream isn't a sound/sonic based attack. Anybody who's electrons are exposed, either dies or implodes.....Either way they die. Thanos might not, due to his extensive molecular control. But since electrons go deeper than molecules, he should as well. But the others should, barring the Destroyer. Magic >> science.

Kontraz
i'm sure a good many of the transformers would survive. If the power is based on ripping electrons from their atoms, the TFs generally (especially the 'cons) have specified shields in place against electromagnetism, etc.

nathan summers
In the MK series, when they displayed some of Blackagar's triumphs, he merely trembled his lips without uttering a word and caused a " cosmic " level being to flinch.

nathan summers
Here. Black Bolt basically punks off a GALAXY collector. His voice must have some effect on cosmic level beings considering this one flinched -- which isn't an easy feat when most cosmic entities consider anything lower than themselves to be ants.

DarkCrawler
He blinked.

Although Black Bolt didn't even use his voice yet...just was preparing to use it. Pretty impressive.

outarddwarf
juggernaut could take that scream!

DarkCrawler
Not without passing out at least.

nathan summers
Classic Juggernaut would take it and more than likely get K.Oed. Current Juggernaut -- would be destroyed.

soujaboy09
No, Classic Juggernaut could take the scream with no problem. He's invulnerable to all forms of injury.

Crease
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He blinked.

Although Black Bolt didn't even use his voice yet...just was preparing to use it. Pretty impressive.

This alone should put an end to using BB in a vs thread ever again...I had no idea he was that powerful. To think I was pissed about his killing Apoc.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by soujaboy09
No, Classic Juggernaut could take the scream with no problem. He's invulnerable to all forms of injury.

No he's not. Nimrod took him out with sonic blast to inner ear.

If Black Bolt would whisper near his ear, he would be knocked out.

TheKahn

He was to a point. Juggernaut was only as powerful as the mystical energies from Cyttorak that flowed through him and Cyttorak is only around skyfather-level if I'm not mistaken.

With enough power someone could overcome Cyttorak enchantments and physically hurt Juggy (i.e. Onslaught). Now if Black Bolt's scream is a concern to cosmic being, then Classic Juggernaut would have a real problem with it.

nathan summers
Not to mention he's been telepathically K.O'ed how many times? While he might have been somewhat physically invulnerable, apparently his mind isn't entirely invulnerable. The shock waves from his quasi-sonic scream would lay Classic Juggernaut out for awhile though he might be physically unharmed. Current would still be obliterated. wink

UniOmni
I honestly don't know why people say its sonic. It has been shown to be once or twice, but that was a mistake. He scrambles the electrons off your atoms. Nobody but those without atoms and electrons would survive. They'd either implode or scattered at the atomic level.

soujaboy09
With his helmet on, he's invlunerable, and once he stands there with his shield on nothing can hurt him.

Onslaught hit Juggernaut, but I dont think he felt pain.

TheKahn
With his helmet on, he's invlunerable, and once he stands there with his shield on nothing can hurt him.

Onslaught hit Juggernaut, but I dont think he felt pain.

Onslaught did a lot more than hit Juggernaut. Not only did he cause Juggy physical pain, he also beat him to within an inch of his life and ripped the Cyttorak gem out of his body.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9971/onslaught072ww.th.jpg
Keep in mind that this was only with Onslaught had the power of Xavier and Magneto (he hadn't absorbed X-Man's or Franklin's powers yet). Juggernaut's powers come from a sky-father level being, with enough power you can overcome whatever enchantments Cyttorak has placed on the gem or its wielder.

King KAM
A full charged scream from Black bolt would kill superman, it has been said that he can take a ground zero 5megaton warhead, blackbolts scream is equivalent to about a 90megaton nuke.

Validus
Originally posted by King KAM
A full charged scream from Black bolt would kill superman, it has been said that he can take a ground zero 5megaton warhead, blackbolts scream is equivalent to about a 90megaton nuke.
When was that said? Superman was next to Pluto when it exploded.

King KAM
Originally posted by Validus
When was that said? Superman was next to Pluto when it exploded. inhis star labs report

Validus
Well their info is obviously wrong. big grin

soujaboy09
Originally posted by TheKahn
Onslaught did a lot more than hit Juggernaut. Not only did he cause Juggy physical pain, he also beat him to within an inch of his life and ripped the Cyttorak gem out of his body.
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/9971/onslaught072ww.th.jpg
Keep in mind that this was only with Onslaught had the power of Xavier and Magneto (he hadn't absorbed X-Man's or Franklin's powers yet). Juggernaut's powers come from a sky-father level being, with enough power you can overcome whatever enchantments Cyttorak has placed on the gem or its wielder.

That was after the 8th day saga, Cyttorak had already began taking Juggernauts powers back.

The proof is in the Juggernaut respect thread

TheKahn
That was after the 8th day saga, Cyttorak had already began taking Juggernauts powers back.

The proof is in the Juggernaut respect thread

And that proof is? confused
A brief synopsis or at least a reference to what page on the Juggernaut respect thread this proof is on would be helpful.

UniOmni
Validus....Do you believe that Superman can take having his electrons scattered??

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Validus....Do you believe that Superman can take having his electrons scattered??
Don't believe I alluded to that but no, I don't. Not in the real world anyway. Wouldn't surprise if it happened in a crossover.

soujaboy09
Pg. 6 or 7

TheKahn
Pg. 6 or 7

Do you mean this quote by Juggernaut66666?

"the juggernaut in onslaught saga was not invulnerable that is the only reAson onslaught could rip out the gem from his CHEST which was realy inside him because the ruby somehow got back to eath in marvel team up 150 comic
and cain had put it in his chest . THE REASON WHY HE IS NOT INVINCIBLE IS IN THE ALL NEW EXILES COMIC WHICH IS BEFORE ONSLAUGHT SAGA CAIN THINKS THE RUBYS POWER IS FADING AWAY AND A DEMON SCRACHES JUGGERNAUT CHEST AND IT BEGANS TO BLEED BUT AFTE ONSLAUGHT SAGA HE REGAINS INVULNERABILITY AND HE LOSTS IT AFTER THE EIGHT DAY SAGA FOR BETTRAYIN CYTTORAK"

There were no scans with it and I hardly think this counts as "proof" erm Its the theory of a single individual and there really isn't anything to back it up. A demon scratching Juggernaut isn't too far fetched as Juggernaut's powers are also mystical in nature.

manjaro
at any rate BB has never fully riased his voice cuz as soon as he opens his mouth, atoms start to get annihlated...a full scream would kill any body short of true cosmic or magical entity Skyfather and -------> classic juggernaut could probably withstand it but not without being rendred unconscious, even if he's wearing his helmet

soujaboy09
Probably depends on Juggernauts focus, did you see what he did to Bedlam the demigod in the 8th day saga?

Otherwise if he has his shield up, he survives with no problem

Crease
Bump.

Crease
No newbs wanna weigh in? Oh well...

He-guy88
i dont like superman at all and was veary happy when sups from e2 dies
in ic #7 but i know sups would survive cause he invoerabol that means not hurtable except by krypotonite or magic directly affecting him so a scream aint gonna hurt him maybe make his hearing a littel off for about 10-20 secs

Doctor SKank
Thanos (Full Force Filed) ....
Surfer (At full strength)
Sundipped Supes
Classic Juggernaught (With Force Field)
The Wizard Shazam (molecular control over body)

Everyone else dies horribly ..... (Read Manjaro's post)

roughrider
Originally posted by UniOmni
The scream isn't a sound/sonic based attack. Anybody who's electrons are exposed, either dies or implodes.....Either way they die. Thanos might not, due to his extensive molecular control. But since electrons go deeper than molecules, he should as well. But the others should, barring the Destroyer. Magic >> science.

From Wiki, on Black Bolt:

If Black Bolt were to use his voice at a shout, he has the damage capacity of a 10 megaton nuclear warhead. This effect is not just a shockwave, but a wave of transformative energy, destroying everything that it touches.

Ask yourself who survives something this strong, at the moleculer level.

Soujaboy
Gods, avatars of gods, and people above

Big Sexy
What hero could survive Blackbolt reading the Declaration of Independence to them?

badabing
Would Wolverine be able to endure it?

thedude1948
Mr Immortal could.

Soljer
Originally posted by thedude1948
Mr Immortal could.

Technically, he couldn't. He would die. Repeatedly. Just, constantly be ressurected.

rotiart
Wolverine would not be able to endure it. He would have the skin flayed from his body.. issuing a clear defeat... However he would return from the dead as his regenerative skills are that amazing...

You don't want regen for this, you want high durability. For that I suggest Absorbing man. As he could absorb the energy from the attack to become it.

Or Mangog.

Thor would survive it, but he'd probably be knocked out.

Superman would definitely survive it, he might even read it with him.

Broly92
Originally posted by rotiart
Wolverine would not be able to endure it. He would have the skin flayed from his body.. issuing a clear defeat... However he would return from the dead as his regenerative skills are that amazing...

You don't want regen for this, you want high durability. For that I suggest Absorbing man. As he could absorb the energy from the attack to become it.

Or Mangog.

Thor would survive it, but he'd probably be knocked out.

Superman would definitely survive it, he might even read it with him.
Hmmmmm
you missed one point with Superman

Super Hearing

badabing
Juggernaut?

Soujaboy
Juggernaut would smack the shit outa him for making him sit there and listen to that bullshit.

Thor would just absorb it all and redirect it back at him 100 fold. He would then say" I am a god, I asked not to listen to that mortal bullshit.

Thanos would ask if he was finished yet

etc, etc

Grimm22
Wolverine wouldnt survive a whisper from BB no expression

rotiart
eh. its superhearing only if he chooses to use it. In the recent superman comics, clarks powers came back so hard so fast, he chose to dampen it. so only if clarks dumb enough to say.. let me turn on my super hearing...

Rols
Jamie Braddock could, MM, maybe vision (dont know), Jugg, Iceman, thats all i could think right now.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wolverine wouldnt survive a whisper from BB no expression

do u hate Wolverine or sumthin? Everytime u talk about Wolverine u say sumthin bad about him.

lft4ded
Originally posted by Rols
Jamie Braddock could, MM, maybe vision (dont know), Jugg, Iceman, thats all i could think right now.

IDK, it may not kill Iceman but I bet the force from it would disintegrate him and blow his particles far out of range. Would that still qualify as a win.

tkitna
I dont think any hero survives if BB recited the entire decleration. Planets and maybe a universe would be destroyed.

leonheartmm
a single blast from his antenna took down the sphinx that galactus cudnt even put down. i think the only NORMAL heroes who even had a chance are invisible woman, nate grey/cable, sentry, perhaps genis vell{photon}, rune king thor,maybe legion, if written correct high evolutionary {meaning the heroes below galactus level, or very near or at it}

Soujaboy
Originally posted by leonheartmm
a single blast from his antenna took down the sphinx that galactus cudnt even put down. i think the only NORMAL heroes who even had a chance are invisible woman, nate grey/cable, sentry, perhaps genis vell{photon}, rune king thor,maybe legion, if written correct high evolutionary {meaning the heroes below galactus level, or very near or at it}

Can we have proof that with one blast from Blackbolt a Galactus lv character was taken down? while your on that can we have proof that this character is even on Galactus lv?

juggernaut66666
Juggernaut doomsday maybe

olympian
Cap would.

He probably reads it every single nigth before sleeping anyway.

Juntai
Originally posted by Broly92
Hmmmmm
you missed one point with Superman

Super Hearing Except he can choose not to use it.

Needless to say, Superman can also emit sound cancelling white noise, as well as mimic pretty much any frequency from his mouth.

Juntai
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Can we have proof that with one blast from Blackbolt a Galactus lv character was taken down? while your on that can we have proof that this character is even on Galactus lv? I stopped reading after he said Galactus couldn't do it, but Invisible Woman could.

Brutacus
I think also "Klaw" could take it, since he is made out of sound.

nvrbeenwthagirl
OK Someone has to remind me, can't a whisper from Black bolt destroy mountains? Him reading something would destroy the world right? No one under Thanos is surviving that.

bigbran
there is no hero that can do it.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by rotiart
eh. its superhearing only if he chooses to use it. In the recent superman comics, clarks powers came back so hard so fast, he chose to dampen it. so only if clarks dumb enough to say.. let me turn on my super hearing...

I disagree. When he is not out saving the world or anything, his super hearing is still always on. He always hears some sound across the city that needs his attention. Or when he's in the upper atmosphere, he hears the faintest of sounds like they were right next to him, and they could be thousands and thousands of miles away.

So, yes. Blackbolt's speech would definitely hurt Superman pretty badly.

Brutacus
Euh Klaw should be able to take it since he's made out of sound, so it would only power him won't it?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
do u hate Wolverine or sumthin? Everytime u talk about Wolverine u say sumthin bad about him.

I dont hate Classic Wolverine. Back when he was a good character that wasnt completely milked dry by marvel in to grant them higher sales while ruining the character no expression

No I don't hate current wolverine, I may not like him, however I speak the truth about the character

Grimm22
Warbird maybe erm

complexbrother
Dazzler

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pics/picsd/dazzler.gif
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/dazzler16.jpg

Grimm22
That dosent work so BB just smacks the b**ch big grin

Crease
Already done...sort of:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396487

Tron
Batman with prep...

And merging...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I just can't see anyone without some kind of magical shield or absorbtion power surviving. The planet likely wouldnt' survive.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Soljer
Technically, he couldn't. He would die. Repeatedly. Just, constantly be ressurected.
His powers are he cant die, deathurge never takes his soul. so technicaly he can survive

Apolloknight
Enraged Hulk has Unlimited Durability, so add him to the list.

Crease
Sure...Superchangeling.

Apolloknight
Sure...Superchangeling.

No he does, He has Unlimited Anger, and Thus Enraged Hulk has Unlimited Durability, Accel or Dinaflos can explain it better then me, I'm still trying to grasp the concept.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Apolloknight
No he does, He has Unlimited Anger, and Thus Enraged Hulk has Unlimited Durability, Accel or Dinaflos can explain it better then me, I'm still trying to grasp the concept.

So if Black Bolk just flew up to the Hulk out of no where and Screamed, when does he have time to build up anger? Doesn't he have to be fighting and building rage in order to tap into this "mystical" unlimited strength and durability everyone keeps talking about?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So if Black Bolk just flew up to the Hulk out of no where and Screamed, when does he have time to build up anger? Doesn't he have to be fighting and building rage in order to tap into this "mystical" unlimited strength and durability everyone keeps talking about?

No No, the second he sees Blac Bolt he is going to flip out with rage, it will raise to Celestial levels and he will be able to withstand/Heal form it within seconds.

Dinalfos

Yes. That's why he loses this if he doesn't get the chance to get mad. Don't mind Apolloknight, he doesn't know the difference between infinite rage and unlimited growth of rage.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Yes. That's why he loses this if he doesn't get the chance to get mad. Don't mind Apolloknight, he doesn't know the difference between infinite rage and unlimited growth of rage.

Thats why I said Enraged Hulk, not Calm Savage Hulk. wink

Dinalfos
Thats why I said Enraged Hulk, not Calm Savage Hulk. wink

How enraged? Does he start enraged when Black Bolt begins?

Darth Martin
Wolverine lol.

Apolloknight
How enraged? Does he start enraged when Black Bolt begins?

Yes of Course, he is flipping out Enraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soleran
I could survive a BB scream, and just to let you know if some man screamed at me I would Bi*** slap them.

Dinalfos
Yes of Course, he is flipping out Enraged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he hits his peak(which is still far out of sight), he will not fall. Although his screams aren't physical.

The problem is that it hasn't happened in the comics yet.

thisredbox
did anyone mention slapstick yet? smile

whos more durable?

nvrbeenwthagirl
These hulk people are a trip. The hulk only gets enraged when he's fighting someone or something that's very taxing on him, or some event upsets him so. like the death of betty banner. Most of the characters on these forums would creme hulk before he got to that point. Black Bolt's scream would reduce the hulk to atoms. his healing factor is not coming back from that.

Apolloknight
These hulk people are a trip. The hulk only gets enraged when he's fighting someone or something that's very taxing on him, or some event upsets him so. like the death of betty banner. Most of the characters on these forums would creme hulk before he got to that point. Black Bolt's scream would reduce the hulk to atoms. his healing factor is not coming back from that.

Hulk has healed from atoms before. wink

thisredbox
hulk has magic pantssmile

Crease
No No, the second he sees Blac Bolt he is going to flip out with rage, it will raise to Celestial levels and he will be able to withstand/Heal form it within seconds.

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

That might be the single funniest thing I've ever read on the forums. You should do Chicago sometime.

Apolloknight
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

That might be the single funniest thing I've ever read on the forums. You should do Chicago sometime.

I've been work on my act, I aslo have a dance routine. Happy Dance

bigbran
hulk has became a celestial level being in moments, he was also tossing people like them around.
there is no way bb can even compare to that.

Dinalfos
Having fun again, eh? sad wink

bigbran
hulk has healed from a skeleton in seconds!!!!!!!111

bigbran
Having fun again, eh? sad wink accel has informed me that hulk can get that high.

Apolloknight
Having fun again, eh? sad wink

How are we having fun, and why to you always reply, you seem to care erotically for your Hulk.

Besides this time, we didnt make up the Celestial thing, you guys did.

bigbran
Originally posted by Accel
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/4475/TheEnd2.jpg

I'm not saying he can beat Celestials, but this does show a wide range of showings from having trouble with Thing to taking blasts from beings that not even Strange's shields could protect him from. im going to take accels word here.

bigbran
or hulk could turn into gay hulk, and get the milk.... no expression

Dinalfos
Originally posted by bigbran
im going to take accels word here.

What's his word?

Dinalfos
or hulk could turn into gay hulk, and get the milk.... no expression

Who's milk is that, anyway? eek!

Apolloknight
Who's milk is that, anyway? eek!

Juggernauts whistle

bigbran
What's his word? that hulk has reached celestial level in moments.

bigbran
Who's milk is that, anyway? eek! thats not 2%.

Dinalfos
thats not 2%.

Come again?

Edit: ahahahahaha, "come again"!

bigbran
Come again? cum is right!!! sick

Crease
Bump...Interested to hear any new oinions on this one.

rougeredmage
Mulltiple man at full capacity of duplicates all braceing themselves in a tight turtule formation..... i am not sure the chances he has but i am sure it must be funny to watch atleast.

i am suprised that no one has managed to think of Animal man yet. i would like to see more animal man smile because he is such a deux ex machina ( he has come back from the dead alot) i am sure there is an animal that he could borrow the powers from to survive blackbolt.... there must be something that can absorb soundwaves.. perhaps some obscure underwater creature?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.