Brick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solo
http://imdb.com/title/tt0393109/

I cannot wait to see this!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/brick/

DarkWizard
Looks interesting. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt reminds me of a mini-Heath Ledger.

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Looks interesting. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a dissapointment.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt reminds me of a mini-Heath Ledger.
Exactly what I was thinking on both statements.

MildPossession
Have been looking forwards to this film for donkeys, can't wait for it.

Cinemaddiction
Seems somewhat noir-ish from the trailers I've seen. I've been meaning to see "Mysterious Skin" as well to get a feel for JGL.

Nevermind
Another promising trailer I viewed recently. I think this movie looks interesting and I'm definitely giving it a shot when it comes out.

MildPossession
It's been described as 'teen noir', the film uses some of the language style from the old noir novels apparently.

Solo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I've been meaning to see "Mysterious Skin" as well to get a feel for JGL.
One of the best of 2005, IMO.

MildPossession
Manic is also a good film imo with the actor in.

Solo
I finally made my way downtown to go see this. Amazing, really, really enjoyed it.

echud12345six
I Saw A Trailer For This A LONG LONG Time Ago, I Think It Was Almost A Year Ago What Took Them So Long?

C-Dic
You know, I actually tried to watch "Mysterious Skin" but was literally repulsed by it. Gregg Araki is just one ****ed up director.

Period.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by C-Dic
You know, I actually tried to watch "Mysterious Skin" but was literally repulsed by it. Gregg Araki is just one ****ed up director.

C-Dic, you do realise that you have a picture of a guy with a load of pins stuck in his face in your signature, right?

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's been described as 'teen noir', the film uses some of the language style from the old noir novels apparently.

Rian Johnson has said that it was inspired by his love of all things Raymond Chandler, but a lot of the slang used in the movie was his own invention.

Oh, and yeah...it looks like a cool movie.

shugie99
It didn't get the best reviews...but that's ok.

MildPossession
Saw it, liked it, buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.

Bloigen
Aww man.

I thought it was going to be about a brick.

Solo
buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.
Same here.

C-Dic
Saw it, liked it, buying it on DVD in July, can't wait.

August 8th, actually, so it looks like you'll have to. stick out tongue

C-Dic
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
C-Dic, you do realise that you have a picture of a guy with a load of pins stuck in his face in your signature, right?

Of course, but there's a thick line between some harmless cranial accupuncture and a movie about male prostitution, explicit anal rape, forced male fellatio, and conjuring up some crazy abduction story to cover up a childhood of sexual abuse. If these are elements of what one would consider a favorite of last year, we're all doomed.

Like I said, Gregg Araki is one ****ed up director. Period.

MildPossession
Ah the date has changed since I last looked it up, the buggers!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by C-Dic
Of course, but there's a thick line between some harmless cranial accupuncture and a movie about male prostitution, explicit anal rape, forced male fellatio, and conjuring up some crazy abduction story to cover up a childhood of sexual abuse. If these are elements of what one would consider a favorite of last year, we're all doomed.

Like I said, Gregg Araki is one ****ed up director. Period.

Hahaha...So, I guess a movie about torture, sadomasochism, morality under duress, and reprehensible voyeurism are not at all parallel in their level of distaste! Hahaha. Good one.

Morning_Glory
I thought this was going to be about Brick, NJ for awhile...

Morning_Glory
did anyone see this? Its finally at a theater close to me so I might venture over to see it ..blkasdljslkajdlsk

Murray
I honestly can't wait to see this movie. Does anyone know when it comes out on DVD?

Solo
August 8, 2006

By the way, it's a great movie. Well worth seeing.

Murray
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Dusty
I saw it last week and loved it. Very cool, and original.

C-Dic
Ditto. Finished it this morning and ****ing loved it. I've recommended it to about 4 people tonight at work. It's like a Howard Hawks directed/Frank Miller scripted film. Solid noir element, but still modern, and it totally works.

MildPossession
The region 1 Focus edition is probably the only dvd version that will get a release yes, no other editions in the future? since I would like to buy the dvd now instead of waiting for the region 2 release next month.

C-Dic
Well, the Focus R1 is pretty bare. The R2 is loaded. Can't remember specific specs, but an extra commentary, some wardrobe and screen tests, etc.

MildPossession
Ooo I just decided to wait for the Region 2, I see it's a 2 disc edition with a nicer cover for the same price as the region 1 edition from where I buy dvds.

SnakeEyes
BUMP.

I saw this movie recently and thought it was pretty good.

Has anyone seen this since then?

=Tired Hiker=
I saw it about a month ago and I liked the way it was shot but I thought some of the acting and the characters were lame. I can't stand these movies where they try to make teen agers all bad ass like they are some sort of mafia drug lords, yeilding weapons and walking with canes and crap like that. Come to think of it, I hated this movie, I just realized ... just now, this movie SUCKED!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.