Which Batman film did you think Batman was most powerful in?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
As in, which one did you think he showed off his skills the most for these categories:

Detective Skills:
Fighting Skills:
Intimidation:
Gadgets:
Intelligence:
Strength:
Ability to get the girls:

Knightfall93
Det skills: Actually... I think he's not that good i any but I lean a little towsrds BB...

Fighting skills: The only one where he fights at all is BB so, yeah, Batman Begins wins again, he was just stupid in B&R with the gay ass fighting...

Strength: errm... I think BB, because he gets whipped loads in B89...

Intimidation: BB by MILES#

Gadgets: hmm... the Batmobile was good in B89 and BB but Bats acttually uses a few more gadgets in the Schumachers!!! I think Batman Forever ama\zingly... taser, grapple, batmbile, Batplane, batboat... not that theyre cooller, just more in quantity...

Intelligence: B89, there he made the Bat gear after all!

girl-getting piower: BB. He has those 2 European babes, rachel... yeah, BB definitely, in the others it's onkly 1 per film!!!

Guess who wins

Etrigan
Originally posted by Knightfall93

Fighting skills: The only one where he fights at all is BB so, yeah, Batman Begins wins again, he was just stupid in B&R with the gay ass fighting...

He fought the thug in the belltower in 89. Awesome fight, but there was more actual H2H in BB.

And as for Batman and Robin fighting... aaagh.

Knightfall93
So who wins your vote?

Etrigan
Probably BB. He did much more fighting in that.

braz
Detective Skills: Batman Begins, getting leverage on Judge Faden
Fighting Skills: Batman Begins, beat up 10 guys in like a split second and took on 4 of those ninjas at once and won!
Intimidation: Batman Begins..nuff said
Gadgets: Batman Begins, because it went into detail as to how he obtained everything...even though he never used his batarangs as a weapon which made me mad like he almost always does in the comics..but o well
Intelligence: Batman Begins, he knew right off the bat(heh) what the plan was going to be to destroy Gotham by using the train
Strength: Bruce lifting Ducard up from that drop was pretty amazing
Ability to get Girls: Begins, yes, the two Europeans, but he still never got Rachael because hes "Batman"

yea, Batman Begins just pretty much took it all wink

it WAS a great movie

Mr Parker
Originally posted by braz
Detective Skills: Batman Begins, getting leverage on Judge Faden
Fighting Skills: Batman Begins, beat up 10 guys in like a split second and took on 4 of those ninjas at once and won!
Intimidation: Batman Begins..nuff said
Gadgets: Batman Begins, because it went into detail as to how he obtained everything...even though he never used his batarangs as a weapon which made me mad like he almost always does in the comics..but o well
Intelligence: Batman Begins, he knew right off the bat(heh) what the plan was going to be to destroy Gotham by using the train
Strength: Bruce lifting Ducard up from that drop was pretty amazing
Ability to get Girls: Begins, yes, the two Europeans, but he still never got Rachael because hes "Batman"

yea, Batman Begins just pretty much took it all wink

it WAS a great movie

all excellent points.Yeah begins pretty much takes it because of all the great points you made.

the batman 89 fight was a disgrace.It totally made him look like a wuss getting the crap beat out of him by ONE goon.that jokers at the end.As Batman Begins brilliantly illustrated.Batman could easily have beaten that guy within seconds with his martial arts training skills he has.

NoFate007
Detective Skills: maybe Forever
Fighting Skills: Begins
Intimidation: Begins, definitely
Gadgets: Begins most likely
Intelligence: tough one
Strength: Begins
Ability to get the girls: Begins

Scarecrow756
He is most powerful in Batman Begins but lets his guard down a lot in Batman Returns, when fighting Catwoman.

Etrigan
Originally posted by Mr Parker
all excellent points.Yeah begins pretty much takes it because of all the great points you made.

the batman 89 fight was a disgrace.It totally made him look like a wuss getting the crap beat out of him by ONE goon.that jokers at the end.As Batman Begins brilliantly illustrated.Batman could easily have beaten that guy within seconds with his martial arts training skills he has.

I am tired of people complaining about that fight. Batman still won, and survived. The only reason that dude whipped him around the belltower was because he crashed in the plane. He wasn't exactly prime condition after coming out of that.

Any other time, he'd have beaten that thug easy.

WrathfulDwarf
No Contest is Fighting Skills.

I only one day there will be a Batman movie in which his detective skills are focus of the story.

Knightfall93
BB wins SOOOOOOOOO easily! ROCK ON... and I guess their gadgets were better!

Red Superfly
Detective Skills: Begins.
Fighting Skills: Begins.
Intimidation: Begins.
Gadgets: Begins.
Intelligence: Batman 89.
Strength: Begins.
Ability to get the girls: Begins.

I do however, believe Begins' sequel will showcase more of Waynes intelligence (modified Wayne entertprises gadgets in his own personal style and function) and actually beat Batman 89's intelligence.

Begins was more about setting up the character of Batman. The gadgets were second in priority. Now he's established himself, he can concentrate on making his arsenal refined.

I'd love to see Wayne's car collection providing him his playboy junkyard, where he takes bits and pieces and puts them on the Batmobile to customise it, thus explaining why his playboy character has such a vast array of cars. Surely that would also serve a function?

Knightfall93
Where did it say he has cars? And wouldnt tht just be to make himself lok like a real PB...

Etrigan
Haven't you seen the massive collection of cars in his garage? They show them in BF and B+R.

Red Superfly
Where did it say he has cars? And wouldnt tht just be to make himself lok like a real PB...

I said that. Makes sense it would also serve another function too.

systemshock2
Detective Skills: Batman 89. He alone figured out Jokers combination of chemicals, as well as its antidote.

Fighting Skills: Batman Forever. I can't recall him ever getting physically defeated by the goons or the villains. Only when Two-face shot him did he get defeated.

Intimidation: Definetely Batman Begins. That intimidation scene in the rain is the best.

Gadgets: Batman Returns. Coolest car, coolest batarang, coolest batglider.

Intelligence: Batman 89 for the reasons listed above.

Strength: Batman Begins, since we physically see how powerful Bruce is in terms of muscles.

Ability to get the girls: Batman Begins. Anytime anyone can get two hot euro-girls, and a smoking district attorney, has got to have some playa abilities.

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Etrigan
Haven't you seen the massive collection of cars in his garage? They show them in BF and B+R. I know but Batman Begis is a REBOOT, are you still ignorant of that fact?

Etrigan
He originally did. No need to get touchy, dude.

Knightfall93
Yeah, but in BB there's no proof he even HAS many cars... he probably does but that's not the point

TMACalicious
Detective Skills: Batman 89.
Fighting Skills: Begins.
Intimidation: Begins.
Gadgets: Begins.
Intelligence: Batman 89.
Strength: Begins.
Ability to get the girls: Begins.

I reckon his detective skills were better portrayed in Batman 89, cuz he cracked the Joker's Smilex (i think that's what it's called) plan. Where Joker had all those cosmetics but it had some nerve thing that killed you with the cheesy grin lol.

Knightfall93
He obviously rules in BB..

Etrigan
You guys know, we can include the animated films too.

Knightfall93
Oh... he was v. powerful in some of them... I say in MotP he was good fighter (except for getting beaten up by a girl who was traind only for self defence)... I havent seen it but I hear he was quite the laddies man in Batwoman, though he had 'em crawling all over him in MotP... I cant be bothered to do the comparisons though!

Etrigan
In MotP, he was a pretty good H2H fighter IMO. He held up well against Joker and the thugs at the beginning. He was also a pretty good detective in it too.

Knightfall93
Yea... MotP is 1 of the Best bat-films out there

Scarecrow756
And don`t forget Return of the Joker, another one of the great Bat- films out there.

Etrigan
I really don't like Batman Beyond stuff for some odd reason.

atharpina
Yeah, I didn't much care for them either, but Mark Hamil's Joker can make anything great.

Knightfall93
Batman Beyond is what's Batman of the Future in England, yeah? That's cool... I loved that Bane episode! That shouldnt count in tis as it's not the same Batman!

meep-meep
Det skills: Actually... I think he's not that good i any but I lean a little towsrds BB...

Strength: errm... I think BB, because he gets whipped loads in B89...

Intimidation: BB by MILES#

Gadgets: hmm... the Batmobile was good in B89 and BB but Bats acttually uses a few more gadgets in the Schumachers!!! I think Batman Forever ama\zingly... taser, grapple, batmbile, Batplane, batboat... not that theyre cooller, just more in quantity...

Intelligence: B89, there he made the Bat gear after all!

girl-getting piower: BB. He has those 2 European babes, rachel... yeah, BB definitely, in the others it's onkly 1 per film!!!

Guess who wins

Dude, did you see the first Batman?

I never seen BB so I may be wrong but in the original, Michael Keaton kicks some ass gets a fine ass girl, shows pretty good intelligence against the JOKER, and of course where does he get those wonderful toys?

Scarecrow756
Batman Beyond is what's Batman of the Future in England, yeah? That's cool... I loved that Bane episode! That shouldnt count in tis as it's not the same Batman!

Whats the episode like.

smiley8
Batman Beyond is what's Batman of the Future in England, yeah?

Was wonderin what the hell everyone was talkin bout with Beyond..... its Batman of the future...... penny dropped when someone mentioned Terry..... its all stating to make sense!

Etrigan
It's Batman Beyond in america. I think.

atharpina
Yes, it's called Batman Beyond here.

the dark night
batman and the mask of the phantasm was the one he was best in i mean look at how that chick just feel into his arms and it was the best one for action and suspencefuly ending

Knightfall93
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Whats the episode like. I can't reme,ber much but I remember at the end he goes to this hospital to defaet Bane but he meets his doctor who explains venom's keeping him alive and Bane's in a wheelchair and dying... but then the dr guy revealshe uses venom and has a BAD ASS fightwith terry...

Etrigan
Originally posted by the dark night
batman and the mask of the phantasm was the one he was best in i mean look at how that chick just feel into his arms and it was the best one for action and suspencefuly ending

I didn't feel Bruce was very orientated towards fighting skills in that one though. Apart from all the ju-jitsu training and the battle with the thugs at the beginning, he didn't really have any martial arts feats to boast.

K.Diddy
Detective Skills:Batman Forever
Fighting Skills:Batman Begins
Intimidation:Batman Begins
Gadgets:Batman Forever
Intelligence:Batman Forever
Strength:Batman Begins
Ability to get the girls:Batman forever

Knightfall93
Diddy, Bruce had 2 European girls, a secretary woman pretty much and nearly Rachel in BB, who did he get in BF, just Chase?
Oh, new category:
Ability to get Guys: Batman and Robin

K.Diddy
Diddy, Bruce had 2 European girls, a secretary woman pretty much and nearly Rachel in BB, who did he get in BF, just Chase?
Oh, new category:

1.Chase was hot,the 2 eropean girls in BB were just hoe's he paid for,Rachel was his childhood friend,so she doesn't really count.

2. Oh, new category:

laughing laughing

Knightfall93
What? It's true... and Rachel's hotter than Chase... buyt I thought Elle McPherson's pretty hot too... y'know, the girl who appeared ONCE in B&R. DDid anyone else notice that old news woman coming onto Bruce in B&R? I think she was in BF too...

Etrigan
Vicki was the hottest, IMO.

Knightfall93
Mmm... good point, yeah, I agree... Vicki owns...

batdude123
As in, which one did you think he showed off his skills the most for these categories:

Detective Skills:
Fighting Skills:
Intimidation:
Gadgets:
Intelligence:
Strength:
Ability to get the girls:

Detective Skills: Batman Returns
Fighting Skills: Batman Begins
Intimidation: Batman Begins
Gadgets: Batman Forever
Intelligence: Batman Forever
Strength: Batman Begins
Ability to get the girls: Basically all of them

HellMaster93
Hoiw was he most intelligent in Forever and how was he NOT best at girl-getting in BB?

braz
Originally posted by batdude123

Gadgets: Batman Forever

that is true. Bats did have some cool gadgets in Batman Forever. as well as in Batman Returns. i change my gadgets opinion to BR. cuz i remember that electric auto-tracking batarang. which was aweosme!!

rock

braz
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Mmm... good point, yeah, I agree... Vicki owns...

nuh uh. no IMO nicole kidman pwned all in BF(w/e her name was in the movie). ddayyum she was fine.. big grin Happy Dance

batdude123
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Hoiw was he most intelligent in Forever and how was he NOT best at girl-getting in BB?

Watch Batman Returns again. He should plenty of intelligence in it. wink In Batman Begins, he couldn't close the deal with Rachael. Although, those two European chicks were pretty hot, that amounted to nothing.

HellMaster93
I never said he WASN'T most intelligent in Returns. YOU said Forever... and you forget secretary woman in BB... big grin

Doc Ock
Detective Skills: Batman Returns
Fighting Skills: Batman Begins
Intimidation: Batman Begins
Gadgets: Batman Returns
Intelligence: Batman 1989
Strength: Batman Returns/Begins
Ability to get the girls: Batman 1989/Returns

Mr Parker
I am tired of people complaining about that fight. Batman still won, and survived. The only reason that dude whipped him around the belltower was because he crashed in the plane. He wasn't exactly prime condition after coming out of that.

Any other time, he'd have beaten that thug easy.

Dude thats a poor and tiresome excuse to use.The Batman from the comics could have taken him out easily.The batman from the comics has enough martial arts training that he could block that pain from him and beat that guy blindfolded easily.That scene was a disgrace to his character to make him into such a wuss. mad Now if he had a broken leg and a broken arm from the crash,well THEN I would not have faulted him,but he was walking up those steps briskly.he was hardly seriously injured.That fight scene was pathetic. sick

Silverstein
Batman Begins pwns all areas of the above

HellMaster93
I have a feeling Silverstein likes Mr Parker.

Jamaican
I have watched and own ALL of the Batman films and pretty much know every line to all of the films & I believe the best portrayal of Batman AND Bruce Wayne was Batman Begins. The ONLY party of that film that I believe they could've done, and that they should've done is to make Bruce smarter. Wasn't he pronounced a Genius as a child? Apart from that, we all know how smart the guy is. Parts of the movie they really didn't make him as smart as he SHOULD'VE been.

My 2 Cents...

HellMaster93
I agree... though he was no idiot...

Jamaican
No no, he was fairly smart. Just I didn't like the fact that he needed Lucius as much as he did. Towards the end though he started showing us his smarts.

HellMaster93
I didnt say he was an idiot. I said he was NO idiot...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.