X-MEN Mistakes**tut tut**

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cain marko
As fans, we always praise the evident magnificance of the previous two x-men films. Although, however great the films, they are full of mistakes and even though these should be neglected........
lets share, i wanna Know what u guys noticed.
Lets start with by favourite. Nightcrawler in X2 towards the end where him and storm go to save the kids. HE is visable in the holding room where the children are even before he teleports down!!!! it annoys me so much any1 else?

Xirius
Originally posted by cain marko
As fans, we always praise the evident magnificance of the previous two x-men films. Although, however great the films, they are full of mistakes and even though these should be neglected........
Lets start with by favourite. Nightcrawler in X2 towards the end where him and storm go to save the kids. HE is visable in the holding room where the children are even before he teleports down!!!! it annoys me so much any1 else?
Yeah, the first time I noticed that I thought it was funny, but any time since, it just annoys me to see it.

NoFate007
Did anyone else notice how easily the adamantium blades move when the cat licks them? You can tell its plastic or whatever.

cain marko
lol yea that cat one pee's me off.
there is one in X1 that annoys me. and it is when mytique is impersanating bobby and she comes out of the lift on the schhol floor. but then miraculasly she is in the underground part of the mansion. i new she could morph but teleport???? lol

Lag
in x1 when magneto has logan in the train you can see what looks like screws or something in wolverine's claws when they get bent.

X-Woman
Worst mistake is giving Cyclops a bad part in the 2 movies and most likely the 3rd too.

mike059jig
Originally posted by X-Woman
Worst mistake is giving Cyclops a bad part in the 2 movies and most likely the 3rd too. agreed his role wasn't bad its just that he wasn't in alot scene,it got even smaller in the 2nd and TOO MUCH WOLVERINE..i hate how the movies were all about him..

LanceWindu

X1 when you see the X-Ray of Wolverine, notice where the claws are? Right at the wrist bone when retracted meaning he shouldn't be able to bend his wrist...that always irks me when I see it.

Flavio
im pretty sure i saw the wire on Toad's back when he's stuck in mid air by Jean Grey.
Also, not a mistake, but hell, someone should teach Halle how to hover without that "half leg up" thing when she comes out of the elevator. Soooooo fake you could tell she was on wire even if you were 3 years old. I hope she learned to fly better this time around.

Britrogue
Halle Berry................full stop!

cain marko
Originally posted by X-Woman
Worst mistake is giving Cyclops a bad part in the 2 movies and most likely the 3rd too.

I agree. he wasnt portrayed that much as a leader. especially when they obv couldnt think of a story for him in X2 so he jus dissapeared for the movie then showed up at the end (i no he was captured but cummon) U jus no that his role will be minimal in this one and we will be stuck with yet again more wolverine sick

botcherby
Xmen 1 one of the mistakes that pissed me off was when Wolverine stabs Rogue by accident and the claws don't match up.

I think I'm right, I haven't watched it in a while.

I may just be thinking about Daredevil, cos' I know that sai didn't match up with electra's little stab fest.

GRRRrrrr, hopefully if sony or someone else picks up the movie and remakes the films we'll see Cyclops actually a leader.

cain marko
i suppsose another mistake is the lack of aderence of actors and designs through out the films
pyro, kitty jubilee

NoFate007
Yeah this series has seen so many recasting jobs that its nuts.

mYsTiquE_DuDe
A mistake from X1 to X2 - In the scene while Storm teaching the students ,Pyro's character(the boy that makes a fireball while Ice-Man freezes it) is played by a totally different dude than in X2! I mean - HELLOOO!!

mike059jig
Originally posted by mYsTiquE_DuDe
A mistake from X1 to X2 - In the scene while Storm teaching the students ,Pyro's character(the boy that makes a fireball while Ice-Man freezes it) I wonder how that was possible????

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Watch the movieS!

mike059jig
Watch the movieS! I watched both of them but litterally i always wonder how was that possible????

Red Superfly
How about wolverine sending his claws through his own shoulder blades to release himself from the shackles in X1

Surely that would not work due to the plating on his bones.

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Originally posted by mike059jig
I wonder how that was possible????

Just compare the two actors who played John(Pyro) in both movies. wink

cain marko
i think he means really how did they do that they new it would be totally obvious

Swanky-Tuna
I think he means how bobby froze the fire. Fire isn't something you can freeze solid.

Valharu
X2 where the bullet hit Logan in the head and hes out cold. Then you see the bullet being pushed ou of his skull? An adamantium skull!..........................................W.T.F!

Swanky-Tuna
It's pushed out of the skin. The whole reason why it wasn't in his brain is because of the adamantium skull.

Valharu
I didn't say it was in his brain. Why was it pushed out of his skin instead of ricocheting off his forehead?

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think bullets do that in real life. I expect it to be flattened more. Like flaired out under his skin.

Valharu
From point blank range? hitting an adamantium forehead, and you don't think the bullet should bounce straight off?

roughrider
lol yea that cat one pee's me off.
there is one in X1 that annoys me. and it is when mytique is impersanating bobby and she comes out of the lift on the schhol floor. but then miraculasly she is in the underground part of the mansion. i new she could morph but teleport???? lol

That's just a time cut. Bobby and his friends go by, the lift opens, and Mystique as Bobby comes out, looks around. It's to clarify in the minds of moviegoers that an impersonator is on the grounds, and was convincing Rogue to run off. They cut to another scene & location, and went they cut back to Mystique, we see her in the underground, outside Cerebro. It's not a mistake; we can assume she has made her way down to the lower levels without being found out. When do we see her teleporting? We don't. It would have been harder to make sense, if the scene by the lift was immediately followed by her in the lower levels; that's why there is a scene in between, for pacing.

As far as a new actor playing Pyro, a new actor took over Kitty's role too. Disagreements and schedules with actors sometimes happen; it's no error. I'm not getting worked up over casting changes for minor supporting roles.

roughrider
Originally posted by Valharu
From point blank range? hitting an adamantium forehead, and you don't think the bullet should bounce straight off?

It would have richoceted off if the skull was exposed. But it sits under layers of skin. Maybe if it was at an angle it might have zinged off, taking some skin with it, but it was dead on. It flattened out, and his healing factor started energizing the skin there, until the bullet was pushed out.

Valharu
Originally posted by roughrider
It would have richoceted off if the skull was exposed. But it sits under layers of skin. Maybe if it was at an angle it might have zinged off, taking some skin with it, but it was dead on. It flattened out, and his healing factor started energizing the skin there, until the bullet was pushed out.
Just how many layers of skin is there? Get real!!! From 5 feet away a shot from a gun to the head and you believe the bullet is going to somehow stay stuck to the adamantium??? Because of the skin? On his forehead??? MATE!!!!!

cain marko
there is a thread about the bullet in wolverines head.
and i was bein sarcy when i said she could teleport.

ilove63
A mistake from X1 to X2 - In the scene while Storm teaching the students ,Pyro's character(the boy that makes a fireball while Ice-Man freezes it) is played by a totally different dude than in X2! I mean - HELLOOO!!

i know! that totally confused me at first cuz i thought maybe they were 2 different guys with the same power, but then i thought about it and decided that wasn't possible. they could've at least identified him in X1 though (i haven't seen the movie in a while but im pretty sure they didn't identify him). that would have saved a lot of confusion.

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Originally posted by ilove63
i know! that totally confused me at first cuz i thought maybe they were 2 different guys with the same power, but then i thought about it and decided that wasn't possible. they could've at least identified him in X1 though (i haven't seen the movie in a while but im pretty sure they didn't identify him). that would have saved a lot of confusion.

Finally,somebody noticed! Happy Dance
Thanks for support stick out tongue

mYsTiquE_DuDe
Another mistake in X1 - Mystique has taken a form of 'Statue Of Liberty' in a museum and in comics it is said that she cannot take any non-humanoid form or if she does that she dies ,but i think it's the small mistake.

cain marko
i thought that too mystique dude, and the only recognition that it is pyro in X1 is when the iced fire drops and storm turns round an says JOHN lol not much tho easile missed. also about mystique in X1 what would have happened to her when those bits of her claws were chopped off??

roughrider
Just how many layers of skin is there? Get real!!! From 5 feet away a shot from a gun to the head and you believe the bullet is going to somehow stay stuck to the adamantium??? Because of the skin? On his forehead??? MATE!!!!!

You can check Wolverine's own comic. Issue #3, I believe, when he is under the possesion of the bloodsword. He's going through a death ritual, and he gets shot dead on in the forehead. He goes down like he is dead, but after a minute gets back up, bullet wound healed.
CHECKMATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said it was stuck in the adamantium. You can't crack through adamantium. It was flattened out against it, and sitting in the folds of skin, until the skin around it healed up. They could just have shown the wound closing around the hole, and we can assume the bullet has been broken down by Logan's system and is gone. But Singer & company thought it would look cool if the healing skin just pushes the flattened bullet out, where it hits with a clatter on the porch. Either way would have suited me fine.

Someone just got schooled... wink

roughrider

In X1, Storm called him by his name, John. Same character, different actor. The guy in X1 had just that one scene, and one line. I'm going to have a fit because they hired someone else for X2? Get a life already.

I'm surprised no one's gotten mad because Pyro is supposed to be Australian! Come on people, you're not being nit-picky enough!! stick out tongue

cain marko
weve bin there dun that mentioned bout his accent read back

Swanky-Tuna
Considering how it hit him right in the forhead, I think it should of shattered or been incredibly flat.

also about mystique in X1 what would have happened to her when those bits of her claws were chopped off??
Yeah, I thought of Terminator 2 when I first saw that part.

Myth
All this talk about Pyro being replaced but not a word of Beast.

If you'd recall, Dr Hank McCoy was on one of the TVs in the background. Obviously not Kelsey Grammer.

braveniler58
Another mistake in X1 - Mystique has taken a form of 'Statue Of Liberty' in a museum and in comics it is said that she cannot take any non-humanoid form or if she does that she dies ,but i think it's the small mistake.

I actually think that the Statue of Liberty IS humanoid.

cain marko
although the statue of liberty is based on human form it is an inanimate object. comic lore states that it is unkonwn whether mystique can take the form of an inanimate object as in doing so it may kill (shut down her organs etc

also i no why put macoy in and then change him, however that was just a sneaky hint of a charector for X3 or jus for fans to go OMG thats beast

nate100
although the statue of liberty is based on human form it is an inanimate object. comic lore states that it is unkonwn whether mystique can take the form of an inanimate object as in doing so it may kill (shut down her organs etc

also i no why put macoy in and then change him, however that was just a sneaky hint of a charector for X3 or jus for fans to go OMG thats beast

I dont know if this counts as one of those "it isn't cannon" issues, but in the x-men evolution cartoon there is one episode when she changes into a bird and flies away!

Its the episode when Rogue absorbs Cyclops' power when he is knocked out.

So does that count?

cain marko
Its the episode when Rogue absorbs Cyclops' power when he is knocked out.
i love the original episode in which rouge does this

sapphiremouse
Just compare the two actors who played John(Pyro) in both movies. wink Im thinking that wasnt to be Pyro, but Johnny Storm. That whole class room was full of charcters that were totally misplace due to the age factor. After all Iceman is a member of the first x-men team. Johnny Storm as part of Fantastic Four.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
Im thinking that wasnt to be Pyro, but Johnny Storm. That whole class room was full of charcters that were totally misplace due to the age factor. After all Iceman is a member of the first x-men team. Johnny Storm as part of Fantastic Four. I take that all back, i forgot the ol butane lighter, which Johnny Storm has no need for.

cain marko
plus johhny storm wasnt that young either an didnt got to xaviers skool for the gifted att all

thorncrawler
yeah but they would think of ways to get other mutants powers in, fire is an easy one

thorncrawler
thats the reason that theyshowed a bit of jubalee(sp) powers cos they are fairly easy to put on screen, and they weren't thinking about a sequal and/or charactors

cain marko
i only want to jubilees powers if she uses them full on. one mistake which anoys me (it myt not be a mistake) but in the train station in the first one where did cyclops and storm go after she blasted the hell out of sabertooth. i mean they could have tried to get rouge back!!!!but they seemed to have just dissappeared

Next Venom_girl
The Wolverine / Mystique scene in X-2 because
1) He should not have been fooled-since he was able to smell her out (like he did in the first movie.)
2) Mystique can change her entire physical make-up (even to the point of sex changes) one would think she could alter three little scars on her stomach.

allofyousuckkk
in x2 strykers glasses were made of metal

cain marko
and?

countryfan2004
So I'm going to respond to Bobby freezing fire...he didn't actually freeze the fire. Water puts out fire, so the fire would've extinguished and he probably brought the water molecules back together and made the ice into the same shape that the fireball was in. It's impossible to freeze fire. There's probably other explananations, but this is the one that popped into my head immediately when reading the posts.

Xirius
and?

And , (I assume this was the point), he was wearing the glasses while talking to magneto in his cell.

Xirius

Just because she was statue shaped, doesnt mean she was a statue, since she opened her eyes, we know she could move, so she was clearly just a statue of liberty of statue shaped person, she didnt actually turn into a statue.

allofyousuckkk
ya, i meant when he was in magnetos cell

cain marko
an obvious one where did wolverine come from from the seninels head

Arcane
an obvious one where did wolverine come from from the seninels head

im guessing he was clinging on behind it, unless nightcrawler came in for two seconds just to teleport him stick out tongue

masterkit
In X1

The star on magnetos dads coat at the beginning changes sides

you can see the camera in cyclops glasses when he is in wolverines room and tells him to stay away from his girl.

cyclops gloves are gone when hes pulling off toads slime spit stuff off jeans face.

I only Noticed one in X2 that wasnt already sed

When Bobby is sitting in the X-jet the seats behind him are empty. But then in the next shot Rogue is sitting there.

Altar[1stONE]
This one was kinda funny, maybe not so much a blooper but just a natural mistake. When that huge ass bee flew on logans jacket when hes looking at the tombstone. You can tell slightly that hes a bit BUGGed by it bhuahahah a laughing

InnerRise
Yeah I noticed that bug also. It looked more like a beetle to me.

I thought it would end up being a mutant ease dropping b/c it seemed kind of obvious but I guess not.

is it comprehensible.....

phoenix100
Not given Cyclops a better storyline. He always has some of the best storylines in the comics - Dark Phenix, Sinister, Apocalype, etc. And he's the father of Jean's children - Rachael Summers, Nate, Nathan, Stryfe.

Mr. Universe
When they were on the Golden Gate Bridge in X3, it magically went from day to night. Amazing.

In X2, when the X-Jet was crashing, and Rogue had been jettisoned out of it, Nightcrawler went to BAMF her back in,,,,,into a plane that was about to crash. Is it just me, or is that illogical? Why didn't he just BAMF to the damn ground, lol. He's done it in the comics beforel

In X3, during the last scene when Phoenix was buring Logan...all of his clothes got burnt except for his pants. I didn't know him and Bruce Banner had the same tailor.

In X2, in the last act when Jean saved everyone from getting destroyed by the wall of water at Alkali lake; she telekenetically held the X-Jet up, while holding back the wall of water at the same time. Couldn't see have done that from inside the Jet? She didn't even need to sacrifice herself. And supposedly the Phoenix in X4 is a dark manifestation of Jeans, but clearly in X3 she used the power to save her friends. It seem Rattner and Co didn't think the whole thing through.

And Multiple Man as a decoy was a damn stupid plot device, but I dont want to get into that.

So many more, but I'm too tired to list them

Sans_Fi
She could also have been saved by nightcrawler, cyclops could have burn all the water, iceman could have frozen all the water, she could also have moved herself after she moved the Jet...

Sans_Fi
Wolverine's tshirt gets fixed after he got ingured when he is talking with Magneto and Jean at the forest

masterkit
Yeah Ive always thought about that nightcrawler theory. She holds the water away and lets them get into the air. above the water and then she lets nightcrawler *BAMF* down and get her and *BAMF* her back to the x-jet

they really didnt think that one through

Rave X
The biggest mistake (according to me) was made in X1. When Storm, Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine are locked in the Statue of Liberty and Rogue is stuck in that machine from Magneto. They break out and sent Logan up there to save Rogue, and he jumps relatively slow between really really fast spinning thingys from Magneto's device. That is in all ways impossible

The Phantom
Originally posted by masterkit
Yeah Ive always thought about that nightcrawler theory. She holds the water away and lets them get into the air. above the water and then she lets nightcrawler *BAMF* down and get her and *BAMF* her back to the x-jet

they really didnt think that one through NightCrawler said this himself. "She isn't letting me." Obviously Nightcrawler can't get to her if she wont let him.

X-3 my favorite moment mistake. Xavier walking right past Kain. I was dumbfounded. I was expecting some kind of brother thing there.

This mistake just kinda bugs me all together. They show no relation between Rogue and Nightcrawler and Mystique. That one just bugs me unbelievably.

Umm... this one kinda connects to X-3. I don't remember where, but I believe before Phoenix comes the fact Jean appears. I'm not sure if I was right or not.

To the thing about Scott not having a big part.... they ****ed him over in X-3 like you wont believe.

Something I don't get is when Mystique is Wolverine... she unleashes the claws. Now, without healing powers... how does that not hurt like hell? Yes, I know Logan says it hurts each time it comes out but damn, seriously... thats... not right.

Something I also don't get. Nightcrawler can't teleport without knowing where he is going. Talk about luck appearing right next to Rogue, yes? Also lucky he didn't bamf right inside her. Wow. That would have been interesting.

I know there is more but I can't think of them. I shall return. Trust me.

Edited: I just thought of another one! When Hank says "I've been protesting since before you had claws" or something like that. I was like... wait... what? Wolverine has been alive since before WW2.... WTF?... that is all for now.

thorncrawler
Originally posted by The Phantom

X-3 my favorite moment mistake. Xavier walking right past Kain. I was dumbfounded. I was expecting some kind of brother thing there.

This mistake just kinda bugs me all together. They show no relation between Rogue and Nightcrawler and Mystique. That one just bugs me unbelievably.

Something I don't get is when Mystique is Wolverine... she unleashes the claws. Now, without healing powers... how does that not hurt like hell? Yes, I know Logan says it hurts each time it comes out but damn, seriously... thats... not right.

I just thought of another one! When Hank says "I've been protesting since before you had claws" or something like that. I was like... wait... what? Wolverine has been alive since before WW2.... WTF?... that is all for now.

1 the film isn't 100% true, kain as a mutant so the'd changed him a lot so no relation no biggie

2 again film being different to the film i x2 kurt swings his tail like he's in love no that wouldn't happen in comic

3 she copies his form, with and without claws, the second film she grows a torch to carry it doesnt exist tho the claws popping out wouldn't hurt cos they arn't there

4 hes has been alive since befor the war but he didn't have claws then, so obviously the claws happened since the war and hank has been protesting for a while

The Phantom
Originally posted by thorncrawler
1 the film isn't 100% true, kain as a mutant so the'd changed him a lot so no relation no biggie

2 again film being different to the film i x2 kurt swings his tail like he's in love no that wouldn't happen in comic

3 she copies his form, with and without claws, the second film she grows a torch to carry it doesnt exist tho the claws popping out wouldn't hurt cos they arn't there

4 hes has been alive since befor the war but he didn't have claws then, so obviously the claws happened since the war and hank has been protesting for a while ... The what about the "boy comment" and stuff. Logan is still older than Hank. It confuses me.

allofyousuckkk
omg there was a HUGE one in x3 but I can't remember it.....I was in the theater for the second time and all I could think of was "I'm going to post this in KMC as soon as I get home" but I forgot

LanceWindu
... The what about the "boy comment" and stuff. Logan is still older than Hank. It confuses me.

Biologically he's not really. Logan ages slowly. Logan even comments on it so that takes care of that.

And the Wolverine/Sentinel head thing...I'm not sure that's a mistake. From first viewing one is lead to believe he walks out from behind the head having been on it when it crashed, even though we don't see him on it. Is it not logical for him to have walked from the body (not the head) of the Sentinel and the head happened to shield him from view?

KharmaDog
What's stupid is that phoenix can raise the water from san frasisco bay, level the landscape, is uber powerful, yet cannot generate enough power to knock logan off his feet.

Icicle

Same with Kiity Pryde, it's a different actor. In X1 When Logan runs into Xavires ofic, there are a bunch of students, and whne they leave, a girl says goodbye and Xavier says good class Kitty (or something around those lines) but I'm 95% sure he says Kitty.

Icicle

Storm said his name was John, and thats pyros name.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Icicle
Same with Kiity Pryde, it's a different actor. In X1 When Logan runs into Xavires ofic, there are a bunch of students, and whne they leave, a girl says goodbye and Xavier says good class Kitty (or something around those lines) but I'm 95% sure he says Kitty.

It was Kitty, she has been played by 3 different actresses so far.

Which is why I'm glad in X3 when Xavier is having a class you see the same girl who played Siren and the boy who blinks to change channels who were in X2. Glad they finally worried about continuity.

Icicle
Originally posted by LanceWindu
It was Kitty, she has been played by 3 different actresses so far.

Which is why I'm glad in X3 when Xavier is having a class you see the same girl who played Siren and the boy who blinks to change channels who were in X2. Glad they finally worried about continuity.

lol good my mind isn't going crazy smile

The Phantom
Another mistake. Putting in Warren. I mean, Angel is a kick ass character and all, but his part... completely useless.

Icicle
Originally posted by InnerRise
Yeah I noticed that bug also. It looked more like a beetle to me.

I thought it would end up being a mutant ease dropping b/c it seemed kind of obvious but I guess not.

Lol who knows smile
There is a mutant called The Wasp, she can reduce herself in size, down to the dimensions of the insect from which she takes her name.

Icicle
Another mistake. Putting in Warren. I mean, Angel is a kick ass character and all, but his part... completely useless.

I agree!!
He is my favorite mutant, he deserved a bigger part. But I think they are saving him for the next movie X-4

LanceWindu

That was not a mistake. roll eyes (sarcastic) His part was played even if it were just a small role. But now he is at the school and will be in the next movie. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

The Pict
I dunno if this has been brought up but in X2 magneto is in his cell and there is music playing. speakers have metal parts in them so there is metal somewhere pretty close to him he can use to escape

Dragoncat
... The what about the "boy comment" and stuff. Logan is still older than Hank. It confuses me.

Remember that Hank knows as little about Logan's past as anyone and so could easily assume that Logan is younger than himself.

Dragoncat
Originally posted by braveniler58
I actually think that the Statue of Liberty IS humanoid.

Has anyone ever seen those living statues or maniquins.
People who paint there bodies and wear special plastic clothing and then stand perfectly still.

Mystique is just copying a green skinned woman in an all green gown with some accessories.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Dragoncat
Remember that Hank knows as little about Logan's past as anyone and so could easily assume that Logan is younger than himself. Yea... but I would expect him to speak up be a smart ass.

An interesting one. Magneto who doesn't seem at all to like the fact of genocide because he was in the holocaust, sends a shitload of mutants to be shot by the cure... kinda out of character?

thorncrawler
Originally posted by Dragoncat
Remember that Hank knows as little about Logan's past as anyone and so could easily assume that Logan is younger than himself.

i call many people honey and babe, regardless of if they are male or female its affection. "boy" is just a way of talking down to someone, hank was authoritive so "you boy" puts logan down a peg or to, not age wise

The Phantom
i call many people honey and babe, regardless of if they are male or female its affection. "boy" is just a way of talking down to someone, hank was authoritive so "you boy" puts logan down a peg or to, not age wise Logan took it that way and Hank went with it. Once more "I've been protesting since before you grew claws" or something of that matter." He made it sound like age.

thorncrawler
Logan took it that way and Hank went with it. Once more "I've been protesting since before you grew claws" or something of that matter." He made it sound like age.

its befor you got claws suggesting that working for the government he might have seen so information on him, cos he also knew who he was

The Phantom
its befor you got claws suggesting that working for the government he might have seen so information on him, cos he also knew who he was True. But I believe mutants powers do develop around the point of puberty (so says the first movie). If this is so, it is either Logan took a long time to develop or Hank is wrong.

thorncrawler
not nessesserally he got given the ADAMANTIUM claws by the government but he had bone claws but might not have been aware of them, id imagin pushing your own bone thru your arm wouldn't be on my mind!

LanceWindu
True. But I believe mutants powers do develop around the point of puberty (so says the first movie). If this is so, it is either Logan took a long time to develop or Hank is wrong.

The ****? Wolverine is a slow ager...and his powers manifested themselves around puberty like all mutants...his claws come from the Weapon X program, it's NOT part of his mutation.

LanceWindu
not nessesserally he got given the ADAMANTIUM claws by the government but he had bone claws but might not have been aware of them, id imagin pushing your own bone thru your arm wouldn't be on my mind!

The bone claws may not be part of this continuity, and I don't believe for a second they are meant to be.

thorncrawler
yeah it is, he has bone claws befor the weapon x stuff

The Phantom
The ****? Wolverine is a slow ager...and his powers manifested themselves around puberty like all mutants...his claws come from the Weapon X program, it's NOT part of his mutation. Actually I have a card on him from my childhood (gone now but I remember it perfectly). Now, this card might be wrong, **** if I know, but I remember reading one of the mutations that bone claws were an original part of his mutation.

The Phantom
Curious on the slow aging thing. Why is he slow aging?

LanceWindu
yeah it is, he has bone claws befor the weapon x stuff

If I remember correctly the bone claws were in one incarnation of Wolverine, but not all of them. I can't remember if it was in the 616 universe or not, but even if it was that means nothing because the movies do not follow the comics to a T.

LanceWindu
Curious on the slow aging thing. Why is he slow aging?

Because of how fast his body heals, it slows the aging process. He was born in the late 1800's.

thorncrawler
well if your skin declines as you age and wolvie can heal his skin he ages slower!

The Phantom
Because of how fast his body heals, it slows the aging process. He was born in the late 1800's. ... Yea... claws shouldn't take that long to form, ja?

thorncrawler
to be fair are you aware of all of your bones?

LanceWindu
... Yea... claws shouldn't take that long to form, ja?

In this universe they more than likely didn't. no expression I'm saying in the movie universe perhaps the only claws he was ever given were the adamantium ones and he NEVER has the bone versions. This isn't the official universe so anything is possible, you can't label Beast's line as a mistake because of this reason. The adamantium claws are about 15 years old in the movie.

The Phantom
to be fair are you aware of all of your bones? Hmm?

thorncrawler
Hmm?

Hmm, Hmm what?

The Phantom
In this universe they more than likely didn't. no expression I'm saying in the movie universe perhaps the only claws he was ever given were the adamantium ones and he NEVER has the bone versions. This isn't the official universe so anything is possible, you can't label Beast's line as a mistake because of this reason. The adamantium claws are about 15 years old in the movie. ... *twitch* Tell me... how on earth would the metal claws not be pushed out fully of his body by his healing powers? As seen with the bullet. How could he control them then? Don't lead me to saying his claws are a mistake in the movie.

The Phantom
Hmm, Hmm what? Who were you asking that to and why do you ask?

thorncrawler
il agree with that

LanceWindu
... *twitch* Tell me... how on earth would the metal claws not be pushed out fully of his body by his healing powers? As seen with the bullet. How could he control them then? Don't lead me to saying his claws are a mistake in the movie.

Simple...his claws ar probably on a miniscule track built into the adamantium of his forearms.

Tell me, how can the adamantium be shaped around the bone and still look like perfect knives?

I'm not saying that my argument is holding any water, but neither is yours.

And yes his claws are a mistake in the movie because in X1 when you see his x-rays, the claws when dormant are across his wrist...how can he bend his wrist then? Mistake. icon5

The Phantom
Simple...his claws ar probably on a miniscule track built into the adamantium of his forearms.

Tell me, how can the adamantium be shaped around the bone and still look like perfect knives?

I'm not saying this is the truth. It's a possibility that you are wrong. stick out tongue

And yes his claws are a mistake in the movie because in X1 when you see his x-rays, the claws when dormant are across his wrist...how can he bend his wrist then? Mistake. icon5 ... ok, another claws mistake then. Listen, they can't cut something like his past life with bone clues out like that.

thorncrawler
cos they are either in or out, if they are half way his wrists are straight i checked on that one already

LanceWindu
... ok, another claws mistake then. Listen, they can't cut something like his past life with bone clues out like that.

Oh? And why not? They cut lots of other stuff out.

Remember how Mystique is supposed to be Rogue's foster mother and Rogue was sent in to the X Mansion as a spy? Or how Mystique is supposed to be Nightcrawler's mother?

They cut out lots of important past life info out of the characters so obviously what you have said holds no credence.

LanceWindu
cos they are either in or out, if they are half way his wrists are straight i checked on that one already

I'm saying that when he was on the medical table, it would be assumed his claws would be all the way in since his body is at rest, and the claws still cross over his wrist.

thorncrawler
ah i see i hadn't thought about that bit

see ya later im off now

The Phantom
Oh? And why not? They cut lots of other stuff out.

Remember how Mystique is supposed to be Rogue's foster mother and Rogue was sent in to the X Mansion as a spy? Or how Mystique is supposed to be Nightcrawler's mother?

They cut out lots of important past life info out of the characters so obviously what you have said holds no credence. Was that in the original? The whole Rogue being sent to Mutant Acadamy? Or was that just Evolution. Because I know Evolution is, while i enjoy it at times, hated by me. Anyway, yes I know they left stuff out. Still, it is pretty crappy to do it. I'm out too. Peace.

LanceWindu
... *twitch* Tell me... how on earth would the metal claws not be pushed out fully of his body by his healing powers? As seen with the bullet. How could he control them then? Don't lead me to saying his claws are a mistake in the movie.

On another note...before the bone claws storyline came about...did you ever question how he could control his adamantium claws? Hmm? No. So once again your theory goes out the door I'm afraid. The writers could very well have never written the bone claws in and you would have never wondered how he is able to "snikt" those claws out.

LanceWindu
Was that in the original? The whole Rogue being sent to Mutant Acadamy? Or was that just Evolution. Because I know Evolution is, while i enjoy it at times, hated by me. Anyway, yes I know they left stuff out. Still, it is pretty crappy to do it. I'm out too. Peace.

Yep...

InnerRise
In X2, when Wolverine is in the Underground Base and walking around the operation room where he got his adamantium put in him they show pictures up against the board of light and you see one of Archangel's wings, so why is Angel shown in X3 still with his original wings?

cain marko
ooo jus checked that out. u talkin about the pic on the far top right (our right?) it might not be archangels. it aint labled :P

i have a mistake the cure works in inserting recombinant DNA into a host. however there is no way that the dna could enter every stem cell in the human bady and reaplace theyre DNA with that of leechs. it just wouldnt be possible!!!!! everyone would have the same DNA as Leech. also if it didnt work like tht and it jus found the mutant x gene eac individuals gene would be different thus a differnt sequence of amino codes and there fore no way of using a retriction enzyme to cut out the mutant gene and replace it just doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!1 nice idea tho... thats why if they bring out a 4th i want it to include this 'dodgy cure' and mutants get their powers back or mutate more like it was only a temp cure and rouge could get her flying and superstrength

marvelprince

That character could've have been Pyro cause that boy generated the flame, something Pyro can't do(or did he use a lighter, I can't remember?). Anyway in Wizard they called the boy some other name Thunderbird or something I think

marvelprince
In this universe they more than likely didn't. no expression I'm saying in the movie universe perhaps the only claws he was ever given were the adamantium ones and he NEVER has the bone versions. This isn't the official universe so anything is possible, you can't label Beast's line as a mistake because of this reason. The adamantium claws are about 15 years old in the movie.

Wolverine did have bone claws first in the movie, this had been clarified by the director in X2.

Im suprised everyone is taking the Beast thing so seriously. It was only supposed to be a joke. Wolverine looks much younger than he really is so Beast assumed Wolverine was younger than he was. I thought it was funny and Ratner said he thought it was a hoot

The Phantom
Yep... K, just checking.Originally posted by cain marko
ooo jus checked that out. u talkin about the pic on the far top right (our right?) it might not be archangels. it aint labled :P

i have a mistake the cure works in inserting recombinant DNA into a host. however there is no way that the dna could enter every stem cell in the human bady and reaplace theyre DNA with that of leechs. it just wouldnt be possible!!!!! everyone would have the same DNA as Leech. also if it didnt work like tht and it jus found the mutant x gene eac individuals gene would be different thus a differnt sequence of amino codes and there fore no way of using a retriction enzyme to cut out the mutant gene and replace it just doesnt work!!!!!!!!!!!!1 nice idea tho... thats why if they bring out a 4th i want it to include this 'dodgy cure' and mutants get their powers back or mutate more like it was only a temp cure and rouge could get her flying and superstrength Well, obviously the cure wears off. Yes, tis a pity if we can't see Rogue fly and have super strength. But, without Marvel Girl, that wont be happening, hmm?Originally posted by marvelprince
Wolverine did have bone claws first in the movie, this had been clarified by the director in X2.

Im suprised everyone is taking the Beast thing so seriously. It was only supposed to be a joke. Wolverine looks much younger than he really is so Beast assumed Wolverine was younger than he was. I thought it was funny and Ratner said he thought it was a hoot I just simply said it was a mistake. They made it a big deal.

filipinogrl
Biologically he's not really. Logan ages slowly. Logan even comments on it so that takes care of that.

And the Wolverine/Sentinel head thing...I'm not sure that's a mistake. From first viewing one is lead to believe he walks out from behind the head having been on it when it crashed, even though we don't see him on it. Is it not logical for him to have walked from the body (not the head) of the Sentinel and the head happened to shield him from view?

I remember in the first movie Storm says the adamantium makes his age almost impossible to determine.

The Phantom
No, that was his healing ability.

Icicle
Originally posted by marvelprince
That character could've have been Pyro cause that boy generated the flame, something Pyro can't do(or did he use a lighter, I can't remember?). Anyway in Wizard they called the boy some other name Thunderbird or something I think
I'm pritty sure he had a lighter...

Alpha Centauri
Pyro had a flamethrower weapon and as it comes out he manipulates it.

-AC

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Pyro had a flamethrower weapon and as it comes out he manipulates it.

-AC

We're talking about in X1 when he makes the flame in his hand and then Bobby freezes it (which in itself is a mistake).

Alpha Centauri
It was Pyro, Singer obviously just got his powers wrong.

-AC

Lighthammer
Had to be somebody differnt because in the second Pyro says to Magneto, I can't make it I can only control it.

Alpha Centauri
All signs say it was Pyro.

Storm refers to him as John. Pyro's name is John Allardyce. He looked notoriously like Pyro of the comics.

Singer just messed up.

-AC

Lighthammer
But he fixed it in the second film.JustAs stated by the use of the lighter and the quote I mentoned

Alpha Centauri
I fail to see where this disproves all signs pointing to the kid in the first one being Pyro.

Him fixing it in X2 doesn't mean it wasn't him in X1.

If you can find proof that the blonde kid playing with fire, who's name was John, isn't Pyro, then I'll concede the point. Right now evidence is in favour of saying it is.

-AC

cain marko
cant everyone just except it was him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has a lighter his name is john ergo pyro.period

i have a mistake from x 3. the needles that had the cure in had to be made of metal yet they refered to the guns being all plastic. magneto should have been able to manipulate the metal

thorncrawler
also with the cure when beast walks away leeches efect works off so they'll use that to give people there power back

The Phantom
An interesting mistake. The thorn guy or something (First thing comes to mind is Spyke but I dunno) threw one of his thorn things into Logan's body. I don't know exactly where, I don't remember, but I find that interesting that it was able to get in with the adamantium and all. But first, where did it hit. I might be completely wrong if it hit in a place where the adamantium wouldn't be.

thorncrawler
it was his shoulder and you do have a fleshy joint there

The Phantom
Ok just seeing if that would fit as a mistake. I really wasn't sure.

LanceWindu
cant everyone just except it was him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has a lighter his name is john ergo pyro.period

i have a mistake from x 3. the needles that had the cure in had to be made of metal yet they refered to the guns being all plastic. magneto should have been able to manipulate the metal

There are some metals that are not magnetic.

Altar[1stONE]
Well what if they do something stupid and rogues powers evolve to a level 4 or 5 like jeans , and they use that as an excuse.

thorncrawler
the flight and strenth wern't hers so no matter how far advanced she wouldn't get them

The Phantom
What Thorncrawler said. Rogue got her flight and strength from Marvel Girl. Trust me, I've seen that episode enough to know that.

thorncrawler
i've got the comic!!!

The Phantom
It's funny. I have no comic books. I'm working off of research from what I know from my past as watching it as a kid on TV and recent viewings of it now and then and information from websites when I got back into X-Men at the age of.... whenever Evolution came out. But anyways, back on topic.

LanceWindu
the flight and strenth wern't hers so no matter how far advanced she wouldn't get them Originally posted by The Phantom
What Thorncrawler said. Rogue got her flight and strength from Marvel Girl. Trust me, I've seen that episode enough to know that.

This is true, but what Altar is saying is that in the supposed X4 they could always change her history even more and have her powers evolve to level 4 or 5 and that would be their excuse as to letting her fly and be super strong.

Lighthammer
There is something I thought was a mistake until I checked. Many people say that bcause Juggernaut is not a mutant in the comic how can Leech stp him in the movie. Well I checked, and Leech can prevent ANy superheroes powers mutant or ootherwise.

Alpha Centauri
You shouldn't be using the TV show as a reference point.

-AC

The Phantom
Originally posted by Lighthammer
There is something I thought was a mistake until I checked. Many people say that bcause Juggernaut is not a mutant in the comic how can Leech stp him in the movie. Well I checked, and Leech can prevent ANy superheroes powers mutant or ootherwise. I know nothing on Juggernaut so I got nothing on this.

Lighthammer
Thing about Marvel Girl is also in the comics.

Alpha Centauri
I know, the TV show was mentioned though.

-AC

MrHeavySilence
Assuming that Leech takes away the powers of mutants, and that this Juggernaut is a "mutant," it still doesn't explain how he got knocked out just by smashing his head in the wall. I mean, I've seen idiotic people dive headfirst into walls and sure, they've had migraines, but an instant knockout? He had his helmet on!

I also don't understand why it was so necessary to kill Leech. They already administered the antibody for military purposes and seemed like they had an unlimited supply of the cure. So, it seems stupid to try to off the boy. Also, what happened to Magneto's love for mutants? Surely he wouldn't want to kill Leech, who is of his own kind.

I also think it's interesting that Callisto didn't just knock off Storm's head off with all that speed.

Also, I don't see why it was so necessary to throw Warren's dad off the ledge/parapet. Quill could've just stabbed him like he did with that other lady. Instead, they had to bring him to the rooftop and kill him the hard way.

You're telling me Magneto can't control metal from adistance? I mean, he was practically aiming for the plastic weapons, as if they were in his range. WHY THEN, WOULD HE LET COLOSSUS THROW WOLVERINE ANYWHERE NEAR HIM!? He freakin feels the iron in people's blood! He should've sensed the metal of Colossus and Wolverine from far away and levitated them hundreds of miles away. Yet, he let Colossus give Logan the fastball, close enough to almost stab Magneto.

The Pict
hard to tell where wolverine is as there is metal all around him maybe?
Magneto is evil, any mutant capable of foiling his plans are dead meat

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>