Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is one of the most famous phrases in the United States Declaration of Independence.

Sooooooooo which one carries more weight our Declaration of Independence or our Marriage Vows...Which may be restricting your life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.........????.....hahaha

http://nmwp.com/articles-wedding/wedding-vows.php

hahahaha

What do ya think???

Deano
interesting indeedbig grin

Hack Benjamin
I say pursuit of happyness, and as long as there are liberals running amuck humping you children, stealing my stuff, and smoking a crackpipe.. we will never be happy..

If only we were all more like Deano..

Darth Jello
Has anyone ever noticed that whenever someone brainlessly rails about how they hate liberals, it always sounds like it came right out of the protocals of the elders of zion only with the word Jew changed to liberal?
Anyway, I don't really see a relation between marriage vows and allegiance to your country so i don't really know what your asking Debbs

Hack Benjamin
I think that's both ironic and hypocritical you should say that, considering it's liberals who are infact anti-semetic and have some sortof beef with Isral..

Echuu
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Has anyone ever noticed that whenever someone brainlessly rails about how they hate liberals, it always sounds like it came right out of the protocals of the elders of zion only with the word Jew changed to liberal?
Anyway, I don't really see a relation between marriage vows and allegiance to your country so i don't really know what your asking Debbs

She is asking whether or not a restriction of homosexual marriage is infringing upon the people's right to "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

debbiejo
I'm saying we are given many freedoms in this country, which is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, and do Marriage vows go directly against them........Making you suffer for ever and ever and ever.....hahahaha...Though this is a little tongue and cheek, but still do they?

Read the link....

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm saying we are given many freedoms in this country, which is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, and do Marriage vows go directly against them...........Though this is a little tongue and cheek, but still do they?

Read the link....

Oops... well anyway in answer to your question I say no they don't.

Mindship
Given that the Powers-That-Be want to increasingly drive home the illusion that our society and life are One Big Party, being married could certainly be seen as "being in the way" of joining all that make-believe.

Flexibility in a marriage is essential, but we could rationalize away any restrictions, any responsibility, if we really tried. There are a lot of people who already do.

jerry

soleran30
I read the link.............Debbiejo are you married or thinking about getting married?

debbiejo
laughing out loud .........no

soleran30
you are so obtusesmile No marriage isn't against our declaration.

Hack Benjamin
Excellent. evil face stick out tongue

debbiejo
Even with all the suffering for ever and ever and ever, with no escape...?? That sounds like it's going against my rights as a citizen..haha ....What ever happened to Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"???

Hack Benjamin
Don't give the liberals any ideas, they'll want to sue the American goverment because they're depressed and that go's against the constitution of the pursuit of happyness..

And I could see that happening, despite how I think it's disturbing how we can actually sue our own goverment. That doesn't even make sense..

Shakyamunison
I don't know. I think it should be a balancing act.

PVS
actually the term has recently been changed to "sacrifice, obedience, and the pursuit of ter'rists"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
actually the term has recently been changed to "sacrifice, obedience, and the pursuit of ter'rists"

I bet you are no fun at a party. laughing

Darth Jello
no double standards, if this is about gay marriage.

Shakyamunison
No one has any idea what Deb is talking about. laughing

Wesker
I certainly don't.

debbiejo
What?????..........It was perfectly clear too me. confused

Wesker
I skim anything longer than a five word sentence on links as a general rule, unless there's nude pics- then I just don't even bother reading.

What was the thread about now?

debbiejo
It's not my job to educate you.........go back and read it........ beer

Wesker
Oh. Well, I could act like some moron and start babbling about the Lockean principles behind the Declaration of Independence, but instead I'll just get to the point- there's a damn good reason men give up a lot of comforts and rights for a marriage.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wesker
Oh. Well, I could act like some moron and start babbling about the Lockean principles behind the Declaration of Independence, but instead I'll just get to the point- there's a damn good reason men give up a lot of comforts and rights for a marriage.

What? cool

Darth Jello
I just think the question isn't phraised clearly. I mean, it's like if i started a thread stating "Which smells better, a comb or a hard day's work?"

debbiejo
OK.........maybe I think too abstract....I'll give it another try.

Marriage is for life, you can never get out, even if you're not happy....disrupting your pursuit of happiness....and according to the Dec. of Independence, we have a right to it, happiness that is.....So, is the law of the land higher, or the law of the church?

Darth Jello
yeah, it's called divorce and anulment

debbiejo
Oh forget it.......The thread started off as a joke and now you all ruined it........... sad no expression.........lol

Capt_Fantastic
Isn't it "convenient" that nature is mentoned in the opening lines of the declaration?

It's just too bad that the definition of "natural" has changed over time. Time, I might add that doesn't belong in the biblical world. Isn't "time" a liberal and precarious word?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.