Jerec versus Anakin (ROTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Who would prevail?

The contenders:

Anakin (after he turns to the Dark Side in ROTS)

versus

Jerec (as seen in Jedi Knight)

Setting: Kashyyyk Jungle

darthsith19
I'd say Anakin, Kyle did this in NJO, right? And Anakin's about even with Kyle, imo. Plus this is a weaker version of Jerec than the one Kyle killed. So Anakin wins.

Darth_Glentract
From what I have heard about Jerec, he would take Anakin.

darthsith19
I doubt it, Palpatine chose Mechanical Vader as his apprentice over Jerec which means Vader's more powerful. And that's a stronger version of Jedi Knight Jerec. And ROTS Anakin > Mechanical Vader

jollyjim311
I agree with your result, but not your equation, DarthSith.

darthsith19
What part don't you agree about?

jollyjim311
ROTS Vader over Mech Vader.

Tarvos
He was stronger, wtf are you talking about?

jollyjim311
Vader has shown to be a good man with a lightsaber and his growth in the force since the PT days is considerable. He has learned a lot from the Emperor and from the files that were newly available to him in the Jedi Temple. He has grown a lot more than he has been crippled.

darthsith19
Lucas says OT Vader is a shell of what he used to be. he said in ROTS we see Vader in his prime. It says in Shadows of the Emperor than Vader wished that someday he would be the man he once was, physically. Lucas says after donning the suit that Vader is never again as strong as the Emperor. ROTS shows Anakin with suberb speed and excellent saber skills, killing Count Dooku while the OT shows Vader getting all emotional and losing to Luke.

ROTS Anakin was more powerful than OT Vader. Get over it.

jollyjim311
Physically, he's not the same, I know. He is less agile, but a Hell of a lot stronger. Vaders saber style uses his strength to his advantage (let me remind you that he was pretty quick in ESB and ROTJ). His growth in force powers more than makes up for his loss of agility, Hell, his increase in physical strength almost makes up for it alone.

SnakeEyes
Bump

darthsith19
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Physically, he's not the same, I know. He is less agile, but a Hell of a lot stronger. Vaders saber style uses his strength to his advantage (let me remind you that he was pretty quick in ESB and ROTJ). His growth in force powers more than makes up for his loss of agility, Hell, his increase in physical strength almost makes up for it alone.
Increase in physical strength? Okay, so he can pick up a man with one arm, big deal. ROTS Anakin must have been strong enough to do that anyway. He's not exactly weak in ROTS, you know. Yeah, he wasn't that slow in ESB but nowhere near as fast as Anakin, if Anakin fought him he'd be far to slow to block Anakin's attacks. Growth in Force Powers? What growth? At the most his and ROTS Anakin's are even. I never saw OT Vader do anything with the Force that ROTS Anakin couldn't have.

Sesse
His powers should increase as he learns from his new master.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met Dooku!"

Fishy
He also said Obi Wan was as wise as Yoda and as good with a lightsaber as Mace in AOTC, did you any of that when he fought Dooku? Because I sure as hell didn't.

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by darthsith19
I doubt it, Palpatine chose Mechanical Vader as his apprentice over Jerec which means Vader's more powerful. And that's a stronger version of Jedi Knight Jerec. And ROTS Anakin > Mechanical Vader
Agreed.

Captain REX
Okay, cut the childish random bickering... stick out tongue

I would have to say Anakin, unless this is Jerec powered by the Valley of the Jedi.

And no, Darthsith19...this is 5 years after ROTJ. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jerec was an Emperor's Hand and quite powerful in his own right, but I do not see him being up to Vader's level. If an Emperor's Hand could beat Vader, Palpatine would have replaced Vader.

IKC
That and Jerec's lightsaber skills are probably not up to snuff, given he got his ass cut in half by a dude who found his 'saber in a garage a short time before.

SnakeEyes
lol, nice way of putting it. ^

Captain REX
Indeedy. Though, Kyle at that point was also experiencing power from the Valley, since they were both in there.

IKC
http://3do.jediknight.net/dcm/strips/dcmjk.gif

Revolver Ocelot
Lucas says OT Vader is a shell of what he used to be. he said in ROTS we see Vader in his prime.

These are vague statements. "Prime" does not have to be about battle, it could be about glory, influence, etc.

He is a shell of his former self! He's a cyborg! He's a man in a shell!

It says in Shadows of the Emperor than Vader wished that someday he would be the man he once was, physically.

In that exact same book, he claims to be more powerful than he ever was as a Jedi. However, had he stayed human for the 25 yeats, God knows how powerful he would have become.

Lucas says after donning the suit that Vader is never again as strong as the Emperor.

Neither was ROTS Anakin.

ROTS shows Anakin with suberb speed and excellent saber skills, killing Count Dooku while the OT shows Vader getting all emotional and losing to Luke

Good speed, but speed doesn't decide everything. Mace was slow, but powerful and strong. And he managed to take down Sidious. Killing Count Dooku might have been result of Dooku arrogance and underestimation of the boy.

Well, can't blame him for loving his son!

Captain REX
rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.