Civil War!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Okay, this is somewhat similar to the upcoming Civil War, but different.

What would happen/who would prevail if all of the cosmic superheroes decided to destroy Earth and all of it's inhabitants and the only thing standing in their way was every superhero on Earth (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers and so on).

Who would win?

smokin'

AJ4LIFE
every hero on earth would kill cosmic superheros

Marcus4600
Well, I know that Quasar and Surfer would turn on the cosmics, but I think the Cosmics would win.

docb77
Captain Universe Spidey never gives up....

Wait, which side would he be fighting on anyway?

Marcus4600
Captain Universe Spidey was called on because the earth was in danger, so he'd be with earth.

vpokdekjyafmidp
the cosmics. wtf hunger would just eat the entire mily way galaxy and walk away. although you did say superheroes, idk if monsters are included

grey fox
The living tribunal blinks away marvel earth. Cosmics win big grin

SnakeEyes
I said and meant heroes versus heroes.

Thus no beings like the Living Tribunal or monsters such as Hunger.

TheKahn
Does earth have any prep time?

willRules
TOAA sneezes and everyone in the very fabric of time space reality is blasted away.........................

Kumar
BUMP

SnakeEyes
Earth has 24 hours of prep time and when I say cosmic heroes, I mean just cosmic heroes, not ALL cosmic entities.

SnakeEyes
bump

TheKahn
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Earth has 24 hours of prep time and when I say cosmic heroes, I mean just cosmic heroes, not ALL cosmic entities.

I think that the Earth heroes have a shot (assuming that the cosmics don't just destroy the planet outright):

1. Reed Richards has the Ultimate Nullifer

2. Reed Richards + Dr. Doom + Tony Stark + Dr. Strange + Odin/Zeus - even given only 24 hours they should be able to pool resources and create some impressive weapons/defenses

3. Black Bolt's scream

4. Omega Mutants - especially Franklin Richards (if his powers can be restored), Mr. M, and Vulcan (who Ed Brubaker described his powers in the latest Wizard magazine as and I quote: "Imagine Magneto, but instead of magnetism, he as control of all energy. That's Vulcan. Magneto, Phoenix, and maybe the Silver Surfer before Galactus took some of his power."wink

5. Asgardians and other gods

6. Inhuman's Terrigen Mist -can be used to create more super powered individuals

7. And of course all of the other heroes and mutants on earth

Now it would take considerable time to organize and exploit all of these resources but if the Earth heroes can manage it, I think they stand a good chance.

TheKahn
^ add Apocalypse and his Celestial tech to #2 (although he really hasn't done alot with it shifty )

Dizzle
Couple things...

A) This limited to Marvel? Everyone's only been bringing in Marvel stuff, but it was never really specified.

B) Who qualifies as "cosmic heroes"? Silver Surfer? Genis Vell? Gladiator? And if Glads comes, does he bring the rest of the Shiar with him? Depending on how wide a range we're talking here, the earthers should have a massive numbers advantage.

I'm also going to disagree with some of Khan's points...

Reed doesn't have the UN anymore, and in reality, definitely shouldn't be able to get it again in 24 hours.

Odin and Zeus aren't "heroes"... They're not evil, but they aren't really heroes either. And if anything, I'd say they belong on the cosmics team, as neither is technically from Earth anyway.

Omega mutants are cool, but wouldn't most of THEM be cosmic heroes? (I mean the other Phoenixes) Heck, even Jean probably SHOULD be considered a "cosmic" hero, as her base of operations is at the universal level nowadays. (though she would never oppose Earth)

And as to Apocalypse... Well, first off, he sucks. Second, he isn't a hero, by any stretch of the word.

So eliminating all bad guys... Cosmics should get a solid curbstomp in Marvel, depending on the pools we're drawing from here. Earth's only hope would be Doctor Strange and Sentry, but the cosmics should, by their very definition, get all of the Phoenix hosts, Silver Surfer, Glads, Adam Warlock, Genis Vell, and potentially a LOT more. And I don't even know if Strange's spells and summonings would work, because if the Vishanti are allowed here at all, they're definitely working against Stephen. And, despite LP's best efforts, he really has nothing to stop Surfer from going back in time and making the car crash do its freaking job.

Amen.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Dizzle
Couple things...

A) This limited to Marvel? Everyone's only been bringing in Marvel stuff, but it was never really specified.
Well he only mentioned Marvel teams in his examples. Personally I think DC earth would have an easier time.

B) Who qualifies as "cosmic heroes"? Silver Surfer? Genis Vell? Gladiator? And if Glads comes, does he bring the rest of the Shiar with him? Depending on how wide a range we're talking here, the earthers should have a massive numbers advantage.
Those are good questions confused

I'm also going to disagree with some of Khan's points...

Reed doesn't have the UN anymore, and in reality, definitely shouldn't be able to get it again in 24 hours.
did not know that embarrasment

Odin and Zeus aren't "heroes"... They're not evil, but they aren't really heroes either. And if anything, I'd say they belong on the cosmics team, as neither is technically from Earth anyway.
DAMMIT MAN! mad Its the end of the world! They can get a old lady's cat out of a tree or put out a fire at an orphanage or something to quailify as a "hero".

Omega mutants are cool, but wouldn't most of THEM be cosmic heroes? (I mean the other Phoenixes) Heck, even Jean probably SHOULD be considered a "cosmic" hero, as her base of operations is at the universal level nowadays. (though she would never oppose Earth)
Well depending on who you talk to, she shold be way above even the cosmic heroes wink

And as to Apocalypse... Well, first off, he sucks. Second, he isn't a hero, by any stretch of the word.
Yes, yes he does. But again he can get a pregnant woman to a hospital or clean up some litter in the neighborhood park or something...angel And his tech, if not him, could be of some use.

So eliminating all bad guys... Cosmics should get a solid curbstomp in Marvel, depending on the pools we're drawing from here. Earth's only hope would be Doctor Strange and Sentry, but the cosmics should, by their very definition, get all of the Phoenix hosts, Silver Surfer, Glads, Adam Warlock, Genis Vell, and potentially a LOT more. And I don't even know if Strange's spells and summonings would work, because if the Vishanti are allowed here at all, they're definitely working against Stephen. And, despite LP's best efforts, he really has nothing to stop Surfer from going back in time and making the car crash do its freaking job.

Amen.
I forgot about Sentry. SnakeEyes stated that it would only be the Cosmic Superheroes attacking so any of the abstracts shouldn't be involved (so Strange should get his gods' assistance also doesn't Doom have time travel tech as well? evil face ).

SnakeEyes
This is just Marvel. I meant to imply it, sorry if there was any confusion. big grin

And yeah all of the people you mentioned, Dizzle count as cosmic heroes. I'm thinking Glads shouldn't be allowed to bring his Empire though. Maybe, depending on what would make for a better battle.

Dizzle
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
This is just Marvel. I meant to imply it, sorry if there was any confusion. big grin

And yeah all of the people you mentioned, Dizzle count as cosmic heroes. I'm thinking Glads shouldn't be allowed to bring his Empire though. Maybe, depending on what would make for a better battle.

It depends. Phoenix is DEFINITELY a hero, and has been for years. However, she currently does things on a universal scale, which is a VERY cosmic thing to do. So if she comes with the cosmics, she can take Earth herself. (as can any other of the PF wielders)

Dizzle
Originally posted by TheKahn
DAMMIT MAN! mad Its the end of the world! They can get a old lady's cat out of a tree or put out a fire at an orphanage or something to quailify as a "hero".

Well, they don't do taht kind of thing though. Living Tribunal technically saved a whole bunch of kittens when he stopped Warlock from killing everyone...

And anyway, Asgard and Olympus aren't on Earth. If anything, they'd belong with cosmic heroes. (possibly minus Herc and Thor... but possibly not)

In power, yes, but she is undoubtedly a hero, as well as a cosmic being...

Apocalypse would take the woman to the hospital and blow it up with her standing just outside of it. He would use his tech to duplicate the litter. And his tech is his, therefore it sucks. evil face

Well, Hoggoth volunteers at an old folks home on Wednesdays... Is he hero enough?

Thanos has teamed up with heroes before. And he already disabled all of Doom's tech and ruined Latveria's economy... And somehow got the UN to declare war on everyone who talks in the 3rd person.

SnakeEyes
It depends. Phoenix is DEFINITELY a hero, and has been for years. However, she currently does things on a universal scale, which is a VERY cosmic thing to do. So if she comes with the cosmics, she can take Earth herself. (as can any other of the PF wielders)

I'm thinking Phoenix shouldn't be in the battle for either side then. wink

hoorayforpeepee
i'm thinking something like

Silver Surfer, Quasar, Genis-Vell, Gladiator, Jack of Hearts (assuming we can use dead characters) etc. maybe thanos...he's done SOME "heroic" deeds, though they always suited his purpose. and it might be overkill in earths favor if he's not involved.

vs

Sentry, Thor, Hercules, Doc Strange...i think that they should all be allowed on the earth team. several eternals should also possibly qualify. and Mr. M, Vulcan, and Rachel Summers all fit in on the earth team, without a doubt. not too sure about franklin richards, though.

Dizzle
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
i'm thinking something like

Silver Surfer, Quasar, Genis-Vell, Gladiator, Jack of Hearts (assuming we can use dead characters) etc. maybe thanos...he's done SOME "heroic" deeds, though they always suited his purpose. and it might be overkill in earths favor if he's not involved.

vs

Sentry, Thor, Hercules, Doc Strange...i think that they should all be allowed on the earth team. several eternals should also possibly qualify. and Mr. M, Vulcan, and Rachel Summers all fit in on the earth team, without a doubt. not too sure about franklin richards, though.

See, here we go again. You've got Rachel there, do we allow Jean? Quentin Quire? It's made even more so if you add in Franklin. There's always a point where one hero tipsthe scale, really. In the list there, cosmics would dominate everyone EXCEPT Doctor Strange, who could very conceivably take all of them at once, if he ports away to give himself enough time. If we don't allow Strange because he can port away and come back with help from abstract level beings, the Earth team gets ravaged. If we allow everyone from the broad classes, cosmics should win. If we limit it to anything as low as herald level, cosmics should still probably pull a victory, assuming you cut off Strange with the skyfathers.

Overall, the cosmic team is much higher in general power level, though, naturally, the Earthers could get a win given the right people. (and with the right people taken away from the cosmics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.