new trends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

drunk_nazgul
I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me that "emo" bands like Fall Out Boy and Hawthorne Heights have started new trends in America. The preppy kids have either turned punk or emo, and everyone is following the same trend.
Have you noticed?

RedAlertv2
No Ive never noticed that. You're the absolute first person to point this out

Roulette
Originally posted by drunk_nazgul
I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me that "emo" bands like Fall Out Boy and Hawthorne Heights have started new trends in America. The preppy kids have either turned punk or emo, and everyone is following the same trend.
Have you noticed?

Haha..tell me about it O.O

It's just like that over here in Australia.

My sister's a hairdresser...a couple of days ago, she told me that so many people have come into the salon and asked for emo haircuts.

badAssSoadFan13
OH MAN I'VE NOTICED THAT!!
No offense but i don't really like Hawthorne Heights OR Fall Out Boy, but I don't get the whole:
"since i listen to them i'm emo now" thing

Lana
That's because they're mostly teenagers that have no concept of what they like beyond what MTV tells them.

I just ignore it. It's stupid and annoying and not worth my attention.

Kumar
Have you noticed?

first, Fall Out Boy isn't an emo band

secondly, No, i have never noticed that. At my high school, none of the preps have turned punk OR emo. They just hate them. they all go home and listen to Fity, grind and go shop at Hollister.

drunk_nazgul
Originally posted by Kumar
first, Fall Out Boy isn't an emo band

secondly, No, i have never noticed that. At my high school, none of the preps have turned punk OR emo. They just hate them. they all go home and listen to Fity, grind and go shop at Hollister.
((ew))

well, they dress "emo" and they sing "emo" and most kids that listen to them ARE emo.

Originally posted by Lana
That's because they're mostly teenagers that have no concept of what they like beyond what MTV tells them.

I just ignore it. It's stupid and annoying and not worth my attention.

1. You were a teenager not too long ago. Don't go bashing.
2. Almighty, aren't we? stick out tongue

anyway, yeah, I just thought it needed to be said that I'm sick of everyone following certain trends all at once.
We need different junk.

el_barto

RedAlertv2
Jawbreaker is a good band and a good example. Theyre punk, only emotional.

Lana
((ew))

well, they dress "emo" and they sing "emo" and most kids that listen to them ARE emo.

1. You were a teenager not too long ago. Don't go bashing.
2. Almighty, aren't we? stick out tongue

anyway, yeah, I just thought it needed to be said that I'm sick of everyone following certain trends all at once.
We need different junk.

Yeah, I was a teenager not long ago, but I was never a trendwhore. If people are going to allow themselves to be spoonfed by MTV, they deserve to be bashed.

And I was just waiting for someone to break out the article on what emo really is.

Alpha Centauri
That's exactly what it is, an article. If you can't speak from your own knowledge, don't speak.

It's nothing I haven't been saying for ages on this site and nobody seems to get it.

-AC

Afro Cheese
How is it a new phenomenon that popular music has an effect on popular culture and in turn the way people dress?

Everyone has their own image of what "cool" is, and we all try to mirror our own image of cool in the way we dress, whether you follow popular trends or not. Kids who think the emo image is "cool" don't deserve to be bashed any more then anyone else.

Alpha Centauri
That's the irony of it, Afro.

Those who eventually started stereotyping modern-day emo (I view it as a disgrace to real emo to use that term today) ended up looking more stupid than those they didn't like.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.