Old school Punk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badAssSoadFan13
Anybody like old school punk?
Like the Sex Pistols, the Ramones or the Clash?
AND HERE'S THE BOMBSHELL!!:
WHY do you like them?

Lana
There's about a billion threads like this already...please use the search function next time.

Darkness~Calls
OH DIS BAD13 DIS!! JKJK but really you need to serch for this stuff first *hand gesture/bites hand GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!)

PINBALL
badass quit being stupid...

badAssSoadFan13
sorry i'm not being stupid! GOSH DO I EVEN KNOW YOU?!
and you know what darkness? hahahahahahah stupid handgestures how was i being stupid though?

Darkness~Calls
You know what i am happy i dfont know you!! But you were being unintelegent by not researching first DEE DEE DEE!!

Otus

tabby999
the music was a new form of expression, the music is raw, the bands are singing about their lives, not just whats popular. they showed actual rebellion not just packaged angst. the Sex Pistols and The Clash changed the face of music, they did something crazy and brash, unlike all the new bands like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan that change nothing and dont bring anything new to the table

el_barto

Darkness~Calls
Thats a really good point Tabby999 i get what your saying

Otus

el_barto

Bardock42
Originally posted by el_barto
Their first album was 'punk' persay, but the rest really werent. And no, I hate The Clash.

Yeah, and I hate The Smiths.

Otus
Originally posted by el_barto
Their first album was 'punk' persay, but the rest really werent. And no, I hate The Clash.
OK, then we have something in common... stick out tongue

dani_california
Wait, the Clash suck cause they're 'hard' to listen to? WTF?

So anything with more than three cords sucks now?

dani_california
And why do i like punk?

1 Its different while not trying too hard like so many metal bands who dress up in shiny costumes, pretend to be vampires, ect.

2 It has purpose, confronts political issues.

3 It pisses off old people

Too bad it died Sid, though. sad

el_barto
His own fault for going out with Nancy and getting addicted to herion.

Slay
Originally posted by Otus
OK, then we have something in common... stick out tongue
Learn to read sarcasm. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.