STAR WARS: Symphony For A Saga v2.0 Released!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tlbauerle
Hey all... big grin

About a year ago I released the original STAR WARS: Symphony For A Saga, and it was received quite well by everyone. The original thread can be found here.

The response was wonderful, the comment and feedback I received on this board as well as MF.com and JWFan.net were quite flattering, and I was quite grateful and still am. Amazingly, the best guess I can figure is the original version was downloaded by over 4200 people that I can verify through the website or torrent, and has even shown up now on plenty of Russian MP3 pay sites as an official album...unbelievable.

Well the original was made on the fly, and there were quite a few edits I wanted to clean up, and some parts didn't quite work. So I decided to produce a second version to fix some problems. I am working on it in stages, and have been side-tracked along the way, such as recreating Don Davis' Matrix Trilogy Concert Suite...which will be available in due course.

To make a long story short, THE PHANTOM MENACE SUITE v2 is complete. Simply visit http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com to download. This suite is greatly expanded and available for download as a suite, or tracked like the previous version. It is available in 192 & 320 MP3 as well as FLAC (Lossless).

I should also note that a single was released a while back and contains a brief cue not included in TPM v2.

Since this download is offered freely, all I ask is for your feedback and input. AOTC v2 is in progress and a single will preceed its release.

LanceWindu
Will download tomorrow when I'm not tired...

(psst Todd, I left you a thread at your forum)

DeVi| D0do
Wicked shit, Todd! Downloading now...

tlbauerle
Hey guys! Thanks...Ken.

Viva la bleak blackness that is DSA!

InfiniteDY
Oooh... I might have to snag this. shifty

Sans_Fi
Its better than the last EPI Symphony for a Saga (The Qui Gon Jinn theme is great, and i like the new begining with otho gunga)

But i miss (as i missed before) some action themes from EPI... the action themes mix from EPII and EPIII you made in v.1 were great

tlbauerle
Thanks!

I know what you mean...but I'm tired of the 'Escape from Naboo' theme that was tracked four times in three movies...and when you get into the end battle, there are some great moment, but a lot of it is a rehash of either the Trade Federation themes or Duel of the Fates.

A lot of people have missed the Flag Parade too...

But I am considering a bonus disc this time around...and I might try something special for TPM...but that's down the road a bit!

DeVi| D0do
Excellent work Todd! Loved every minute of it.

Was the funeral music in there? I don't remember...

tlbauerle
The funeral music will have the same general spot as in the previous release to avoid theme repeatition. However, there is a very short clip at the end from that scene.

Alliance
I'll have to give it a good listen and I'll report back.

tlbauerle
Hey Alliance...how's it going...

Would you be interested in doing any cover work for this project? Let me know...it could be as easy as one 2CD case or 1 Prequel and 1 OT. (And as crazy as a cover for each single as suite as well...not to mention the potential DVD as well!!)

Anyway...I always loved your sigs n'such last year...man was it a year ago already.

Alliance
Sure...I took some time off, but now I'm free. I may be a little slow, but I'll start cooking things up. Let me know if you got dimensions/any other special requests. You can post in my sig thread or you can pm me

tlbauerle
Sweet...I posted in your signature therad with a few specs. Feel free to communicate here, there or PM me. If I don't respond in that thread often, because I'm not in that forum too much, just drop me a PM and I'll answer!

Thanks!!!

DarthAJ
Sweet stuff tlbauerle. Looking forward to the AOTC v2.

tlbauerle
Hey everyone...

don't know if anyone here remembers this or gives a rip...

But AOTCv2 was released a while ago, and I'm gearing up for a ROTSv2 release right around the corner.

I have the new ROTS Single, The Lava Planet up now.

Check it out...

http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

queeq
v2???

tlbauerle
Version 2. I went in an reworked each of the prequel suites, expanded them and everything.

Check it out...all three are up at http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

queeq
Ah, gotta find some time to listen to it.

General G
Haven't even heard of these...I should take a listen.

tlbauerle
yes yes....

Please let me know what you guys think of it.

queeq
What so different about them?

tlbauerle
The first time, I really rushed through the process. I had never edited music before and kind of played with it while working.

Originally, I tried to fit a six suites on one disc. By the time I was halfway through with AOTC, I knew it wasn't possible. So the suites got longer and longer. As a result, TPM was extremely short. Plus, I just used MP3 versions as source files.

I went back and expanded the first three suites using wav source files wher ever I could. I also used some unreleased music in all three, most of all in ROTS.

In addition, version one played seamlessly from beginning to end. With v2, each suite has a clean ending and beginning. I made an effort to have each suite stand on its own.

Basically, the prequel trilogy went from 71 edits to 58 edits used in TPMv2, 46 edits in AOTCv2, and a whopping 81 edits in ROTSv2. In addition, the prequel trilogy used to run 56:35. Now it runs 77:05; 20:30 longer.

Not only is this work expanded, but it feels a bit more cohesive, too. I think its a better listening experience.

queeq
Wow...

tlbauerle
So did you give it a listen?

queeq
Hmmm... dunno.

DeVi| D0do
Yo Todd! Just been listening to the ROTS single.... very nice. And I still love what you did with Qui-Gon's theme, it's an amazing track!

Will be sure to give the whole work a listen when I get a chance!

tlbauerle
Hey Devi|!

Long time no see. Glad you liked. Let me know what you think of the rest of it.

Sometime I'll have to send you my vesions of Don Davis' Matrix Concert and Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings Symphony.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.