Ymir vs. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
who wins?

grey fox
Ymir crushes doomsday with a single step , or freezes him to death. I don't think he has a 'death by ice' yet.

outarddwarf
ymir!

Ex11B
Originally posted by grey fox
Ymir crushes doomsday with a single step , or freezes him to death. I don't think he has a 'death by ice' yet. [/QUOT

I gotta agree 100% with Grey Fox here.

Darth Kal-El
Ymir takes it.

olympian
Ymir.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
Ymir crushes doomsday with a single step , or freezes him to death. I don't think he has a 'death by ice' yet. Well, he's gone through empty space before, which is the coldest it gets in the universe.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Juntai
Well, he's gone through empty space before, which is the coldest it gets in the universe.
I don't know if that holds up against the magical ice monster made of ice and magic.

xtrubeastxcs
whos Ymir

Swanky-Tuna
He's a frost giant from asgard. Possibly the frost giant of frost giants, I'm not sure.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by xtrubeastxcs
whos Ymir just think of a class 100 abominable snowman who is indestructable and is over 50 ft tall.

GODSCRIBE
And can reform in an instant.

guy222
ymir

mykke
ymir stomps

golem370
1000feet+

vansonbee
Ymir 10/10

Prep-Man
Doomsday rips the snowman a new a$$ hole.

guy222
really

JakeTheBank
Ymir.

h1a8
DD or stalemate. There is nothing Ymir can do to DD to harm him. But DD can evolve to have a lasting effect on Ymir.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by h1a8
DD or stalemate. There is nothing Ymir can do to DD to harm him. But DD can evolve to have a lasting effect on Ymir.

This is the great big problem I have with Doomsday threads. If he's not already strong enough to beat someone, "he can evolve in an instant to beat whoever he's fighting." It's probably as bad as the Flash/Superman/Surfer speedblitz autowins.

Ymir ftw.

Batman-Prime
IIRC only HP DD could adapt instantly. But we take the Current or most common DD (not the one from Gog Wars). Ymir wins the first fight, as I don't think thet DD was killed by magic based Ice. And since the 10 out of 10 is always a "first fight". Yeah Ymir 10/10.

h1a8
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
This is the great big problem I have with Doomsday threads. If he's not already strong enough to beat someone, "he can evolve in an instant to beat whoever he's fighting." It's probably as bad as the Flash/Superman/Surfer speedblitz autowins.

Ymir ftw. For Ymir to win means he is able to harm DD. Assuming DD can't harm Ymir then how in the hell could Ymir harm him? Ice (the Justice League Member) couldn't do anything to DD. DD can also survive in deep space (a hair above absolute zero).

What the hell is Ymir going to do to DD? You can argue stalemate but certainly not a win for Ymir.

Mindset
Ymir freezing him to absolute zero.

Game over, man.

Game over.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Ymir freezing him to absolute zero.

Game over, man.

Game over. Prove that Ymir can freeze things to absolute zero.

Mindset
Ymir > Iceman.

No need to thank me.

h1a8
Ymir > Iceman.

No need to thank me. So that means he can freeze 1 degree colder or just reform quicker or both? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Simbon
Ymir's penis alone is more than Doomsday.

Kasper Gutman
It's a stomp literally.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Simbon

this^

h1a8

Then please explain how he would harm DD in the slightest.

vansonbee
Ymir's penis alone is more than Doomsday. Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
It's a stomp literally. laughing out loud Originally posted by h1a8
Then please explain how he would harm DD in the slightest. Penetration

Simbon
Then please explain how he would harm DD in the slightest.

Do the math. At over 1000 feet tall, with size increasing according to cold temperatures (which he is capable of inducing himself), that means a flaccid penis length of at least 42 feet and a girth of approximately the same value. Assuming an ultimate tensile strength of 2.8 GPa (and really, it could be much, much higher depending on the orientation of the magic ice crystals composing his penis), one can begin to imagine the incredible amount of pull that Ymir would repeatedly have to apply just to achieve an erection.

Likewise, once an erection was achieved, Doomsday would find himself face with a 140' colossus with compressive strength far, far in excess of the puny 443 GPa (minimum) exhibited by Ymir's member when it is quiescent. Once Ymir's superior leverage, thrust, and sexual technique acquired over a vast immortal lifetime are taken in, I think it is quite obvious that Doomsday is screwed.

psycho gundam
Then please explain how he would harm DD in the slightest. Originally posted by vansonbee
Penetration omg_smilie

Eternal Idol
Do the math. At over 1000 feet tall, with size increasing according to cold temperatures (which he is capable of inducing himself), that means a flaccid penis length of at least 42 feet and a girth of approximately the same value. Assuming an ultimate tensile strength of 2.8 GPa (and really, it could be much, much higher depending on the orientation of the magic ice crystals composing his penis), one can begin to imagine the incredible amount of pull that Ymir would repeatedly have to apply just to achieve an erection.

Likewise, once an erection was achieved, Doomsday would find himself face with a 140' colossus with compressive strength far, far in excess of the puny 443 GPa (minimum) exhibited by Ymir's member when it is quiescent. Once Ymir's superior leverage, thrust, and sexual technique acquired over a vast immortal lifetime are taken in, I think it is quite obvious that Doomsday is screwed.

What. The. Phuck...? laughing out loud

h1a8

Ymir trying to hurt DD with Ice is like someone trying to hurt Superman with a glass bottle. Come on now, it's ice (water). DD can just stand there and Ymir won't even put a scratch on him. Ymir trying to step on DD is like me trying to step on a small diamond with my bare feet. The only thing that is going to happen is me damage myself.

Sr J-Bieb

Likewise, once an erection was achieved, Doomsday would find himself face with a 140' colossus with compressive strength far, far in excess of the puny 443 GPa (minimum) exhibited by Ymir's member when it is quiescent. Once Ymir's superior leverage, thrust, and sexual technique acquired over a vast immortal lifetime are taken in, I think it is quite obvious that Doomsday is screwed. laughing out loud

Sad part is this is better than any of h1's math

Eternal Idol
Ymir trying to hurt DD with Ice is like someone trying to hurt Superman with a glass bottle. Come on now, it's ice (water). DD can just stand there and Ymir won't even put a scratch on him. Ymir trying to step on DD is like me trying to step on a small diamond with my bare feet. The only thing that is going to happen is me damage myself.

Yeah! And come to think of it, anybody who punches Doomsday should wind up with stumps! It's stupid that their hands don't just explode on impact! They're just skin, muscle, and bone! Superman and co. should be nothing but blood smears and pulp ten times over!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

h1a8
Yeah! And come to think of it, anybody who punches Doomsday should wind up with stumps! It's stupid that their hands don't just explode on impact! They're just skin, muscle, and bone! Superman and co. should be nothing but blood smears and pulp ten times over!!

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ice is ice and Superman is Superman. Trying to convince someone that ice can hurt Superman is just like trying to say that Superman isn't even bulletproof. Both DD and Superman are far harder and tougher than ice.

Mindset
So that means he can freeze 1 degree colder or just reform quicker or both? roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes.

Harbinger
Ymir trying to hurt DD with Ice is like someone trying to hurt Superman with a glass bottle. Come on now, it's ice (water). DD can just stand there and Ymir won't even put a scratch on him. Ymir trying to step on DD is like me trying to step on a small diamond with my bare feet. The only thing that is going to happen is me damage myself. Did you honestly attempt a serious response? laughing out loud

Simbon

Hey, if you've got a problem with it then talk to science about it. The numbers don't lie: in the contest between Doomsday and Ymir's penis, Doomsday is at best like a grain of sand in the vaseline -- a slight hint of pain that only adds an additional layer of complexity to the Frost Giant's voluptuous pleasures.

By the way, has Doomsday ever died by drowning before?

Eternal Idol
Well aren't we being selective now? Ice > flesh and bone. You lose.

Ice is ice and Superman is Superman. Trying to convince someone that ice can hurt Superman is just like trying to say that Superman isn't even bulletproof. Both DD and Superman are far harder and tougher than ice.

Anyone who's not some metaphysical abstract or made entirely of pure adamantium doesn't stand a chance against Doomsday, and even then, they'd only win the first fight!
durfslap

Simbon
Ice is ice and Superman is Superman. Trying to convince someone that ice can hurt Superman is just like trying to say that Superman isn't even bulletproof. Both DD and Superman are far harder and tougher than ice.

Not just ice. Magic ice. Even at his best, Doomsday is just a magic ice vulva waiting to be penetrated by Ymir.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

zeel

Or the sbp im immune to magic bullshit. SO my high hearld ass can take on a magically enchanted high end skyfather.

Uriel005
Ymir gonna put hurt on Doomsday

h1a8
Originally posted by Uriel005
Ymir gonna put hurt on Doomsday With ice? Are you crazy? Do you know that DD is far far harder and more tougher than ice. You need to be much harder than a diamond to put a scratch on him. Ymir trying to harm him physically is like me trying to harm a diamond with my flesh.

JakeTheBank
WTF?

Do you not know who Ymir is?

Question for ya, h1. Do you think Doomsday would beat Surtur?

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
WTF?

Do you not know who Ymir is?

Question for ya, h1. Do you think Doomsday would beat Surtur? Yes I know who Ymir is. There is nothing he can do to DD. He can't freeze him nor hurt him physically with Ice. Ice to DD is like tissue paper to a human. And I didn't claim DD could beat Ymir, I claimed that Ymir can't beat DD. DD does have a chance to beat Ymir through evolving though.

JakeTheBank
Yes I know who Ymir is.

Okay.

There is nothing he can do to DD. He can't freeze him nor hurt him physically with Ice. Ice to DD is like tissue paper to a human. And I didn't claim DD could beat Ymir, I claimed that Ymir can't beat DD. DD does have a chance to beat Ymir through evolving though.

Okay, so no, you don't know who he is.

h1a8
Okay.

Okay, so no, you don't know who he is.

Prove me wrong then. I don't follow stupid ABC logic that he is a threat to Odin and peers with Surtur as why he would win.

That logic is dumb. It is totally irrelevant to the fight against DD.
You must prove the impossible. And that is how in the hell ice is going to do anything to DD but tickle him.

Simbon
Ice to DD is like tissue paper to a human.

In the contest between Doomsday and Ymir's penis, I'm afraid it is Doomsday who is going to be playing the role of tissue paper.

Simbon
Prove me wrong then...
You must prove the impossible. And that is how in the hell ice is going to do anything to DD but tickle him.

I've already shown you the calculations.

Sr J-Bieb
Ice to Thor is like tissue paper. And seeing as that's Ymir's only power being made of ice and being cold, he stands no chance against Thor

JakeTheBank
Prove me wrong then. I don't follow stupid ABC logic that he is a threat to Odin and peers with Surtur as why he would win.

That logic is dumb. It is totally irrelevant to the fight against DD.

And that's stupid ABC logic...how? Ymir is leagues beyond Thor and in another tier entirely. He is a legitimate threat to Odin, who is vastly beyond Doomsday, and peers with Surtur, who likewise is a threat to Odin and vastly beyond Doomsday.

The only thing dumb is the fact that you honestly believe that Ymir's only avenue is conventional ice based attacks, which only proves my point that, no, you don't know who the hell Ymir is.

Do you read any Thor comics at all outside of selective feat/scan reading?

Sr J-Bieb
Jokes on you

H1 doesn't even read Thor scans

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Jokes on you

H1 doesn't even read Thor scans

laughing

h1a8
And that's stupid ABC logic...how? Ymir is leagues beyond Thor and in another tier entirely. He is a legitimate threat to Odin, who is vastly beyond Doomsday, and peers with Surtur, who likewise is a threat to Odin and vastly beyond Doomsday.

The only thing dumb is the fact that you honestly believe that Ymir's only avenue is conventional ice based attacks, which only proves my point that, no, you don't know who the hell Ymir is.

Do you read any Thor comics at all outside of selective feat/scan reading?

It is a false statement to say someone don't know who the hell a character is because they haven't read All of their appearances (I probably have anyway). I guess you don't know who Thor is.

With that said, cold attacks and physical attacks are all Ymir has. I dare you to prove me wrong. Geez, People think I'm stupid these days.

Simbon
It is a false statement to say someone don't know who the hell a character is because they haven't read All of their appearances (I probably have anyway). I guess you don't know who Thor is.

With that said, cold attacks and physical attacks are all Ymir has. I dare you to prove me wrong. Geez, People think I'm stupid these days.

Not just these days.

When Billy Batson says "Shazam", that ain't no ordinary lightning bolt that hits him in the chest. Yet somehow you seem to think that Ymir's ice is just ordinary ice -- in which case every single appearance he's had would be a case of PIS where the hero was artificially weakened to the point that they couldn't overcome a walking ice-berg.

h1a8
Not just these days.

When Billy Batson says "Shazam", that ain't no ordinary lightning bolt that hits him in the chest. Yet somehow you seem to think that Ymir's ice is just ordinary ice -- in which case every single appearance he's had would be a case of PIS where the hero was artificially weakened to the point that they couldn't overcome a walking ice-berg.

Freezing things and hitting things are two different things eek!

JakeTheBank

No one said you had to read all of their appearances. I asked if you actively read any Thor comics. I've read every Thor comic to date, but I doubt I've seen every appearance of his outside of minis and Avengers titles. That said, I have got a comfortable handle on the character that doesn't rely solely on scans in respect threads.

And no, you're wrong. He's a mystical elemental character whose "cold attacks" transcend simple ice and freezing.

Mr.Mxyzptlk

He was drawing a parable about how the lightning bolt that is utilized by Captain Marvel isn't ordinary lightning and thus you shouldn't assume Ymir is composed of and utilizes ordinary ice.

Since they're both creatures of magic.

Simbon

At last I have cracked the code of h1's posts -- I can picture his biography like a map. As a child he was weak and lacking in social skills. Ostracized, he came to identify with the last son of Krypton, and in his mentally unbalanced state imagined that perhaps one day the sun would unlock his genetic inheritance. Eventually, he donned a superman cape, jumped out of a window, and hit his head on his parent's driveway, reducing what was already some pretty shaky cognitive equipment to the equivalent of scrap metal. Later in life, a dim awareness of the vast gulf separating him from ordinary men would lead him to become increasingly obsessed with the accident that first induced this condition, causing him to write meaningless strings of numbers that he claimed were tokens of his alter-ego's invincibility, while the hard, unrelenting stuff of the world -- the cold and concrete reality that had robbed him of his senses as a child -- was transformed by his imagination into a substance as soft and harmless as paper.

When h1 asserts that Ymir's ice and force cannot threaten Doomsday, it is only an attempt to shield himself from the unfathomable harshness of the world; it is an attempt to go back in time and undo at the source the trauma that gave shape to his ill-formed life.

JakeTheBank
At last I have cracked the code of h1's posts -- I can picture his biography like a map. As a child he was weak and lacking in social skills. Ostracized, he came to identify with the last son of Krypton, and in his mentally unbalanced state imagined that perhaps one day the sun would unlock his genetic inheritance. Eventually, he donned a superman cape, jumped out of a window, and hit his head on his parent's driveway, reducing what was already some pretty shaky cognitive equipment to the equivalent of scrap metal. Later in life, a dim awareness of the vast gulf separating him from ordinary men would lead him to become increasingly obsessed with the accident that first induced this condition, causing him to write meaningless strings of numbers that he claimed were tokens of his alter-ego's invincibility, while the hard, unrelenting stuff of the world -- the cold and concrete reality that had robbed him of his senses as a child -- was transformed by his imagination into a substance as soft and harmless as paper.

When h1 asserts that Ymir's ice and force cannot threaten Doomsday, it is only an attempt to shield himself from the unfathomable harshness of the world; it is an attempt to go back in time and undo at the source the trauma that gave shape to his ill-formed life.

Epic.

WhiteWitchKing
Yes I know who Ymir is. There is nothing he can do to DD. He can't freeze him nor hurt him physically with Ice. Ice to DD is like tissue paper to a human. And I didn't claim DD could beat Ymir, I claimed that Ymir can't beat DD. DD does have a chance to beat Ymir through evolving though.

Ice can't do harm To doomsday? You know the giant fire demon Surtur that destroyed an enitre galaxy in the same story arc used the casket of ancient winter's power to freeze Odin? This ice was more affective than the force prism that Thanos tried to imprisoN Odin with. Mystic ice from a being that has stalemated Surtur isn't just ice. Ymir is an elemental being of the skyfather league. Doomsday gets man handled.

vansonbee
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Ice can't do harm To doomsday? You know the giant fire demon Surtur that destroyed an enitre galaxy in the same story arc used the casket of ancient winter's power to freeze Odin? This ice was more affective than the force prism that Thanos tried to imprisoN Odin with. Mystic ice from a being that has stalemated Surtur isn't just ice. Ymir is an elemental being of the skyfather league. Doomsday gets man handled. Ymir himself isn't in this thread, this is "Ymir penis vs. Doomsday". Plz make another one for Doomsday vs Ymir, even though its spite.

h1a8
Ice can't do harm To doomsday? You know the giant fire demon Surtur that destroyed an enitre galaxy in the same story arc used the casket of ancient winter's power to freeze Odin? This ice was more affective than the force prism that Thanos tried to imprisoN Odin with. Mystic ice from a being that has stalemated Surtur isn't just ice. Ymir is an elemental being of the skyfather league. Doomsday gets man handled. ABC logic doesn't hold here. DD was withstood the OE, deep space for long periods of time (a hair from absolute zero), etc.

Even in a comic do you think HP DD will get frozen by Ymir? Hell no! HP DD was written to withstand anything. Even if I entertain the delusion that Ymir can begin to start to temporarily freeze HP DD then DD would just evolve instantly and become immune to it. That is how he was written.

And Ymir would never be anywhere close to a skyfather for the simple reason he can be banished by one or bfred. Since you like ABC logic so much do you think Ymir can freeze Thanos?

JakeTheBank
And Ymir would never be anywhere close to a skyfather for the simple reason he can be banished by one or bfred.

That makes no sense at all. Not every skyfather being can BFR someone under their own power nor do they have the ability to instantly recover from most BFR attempts. Hell, by this logic, Thor is more of a skyfather than Ymir because of his BFR capabilities and ability to resist a BFR.

He's a skyfather being based on his status and feats as opposed to people such as Odin and Surtur.

celestialdemon
Doomsday stands no chance.

h1a8
That makes no sense at all. Not every skyfather being can BFR someone under their own power nor do they have the ability to instantly recover from most BFR attempts. Hell, by this logic, Thor is more of a skyfather than Ymir because of his BFR capabilities and ability to resist a BFR.

He's a skyfather being based on his status and feats as opposed to people such as Odin and Surtur. I didn't say the only requirement to be a skyfather was bfr resistance. Obviously there are other requirements. I said that bfr resistance is an essential requirement. Without it you are not at least a skyfather.

What does being able to banish a character have to do with anything though? It is the defense to prevent it or get back is what counts.

Many high heralds have skyfather feats, but that doesn't make them skyfather level.

Mindset
Can't Atum be bfrd?

Diesldude
Radiant said that H/P Doomsday can sense vulnerabilties which allowed him to alter Radian't energy and kill him. DD was basically immune to all forms of attack and outside of bfr, will take this fight.

Mindset
Is that why Superman took him out?

WhiteWitchKing
ABC logic doesn't hold here. DD was withstood the OE, deep space for long periods of time (a hair from absolute zero), etc.

You say that and then use ABC logic to defend DD? lol. Deep space isn't the same thing compared to a being who's power rivals and stalemated a Surtur.

Lol at this nonsense. So if Galactus, Dormammu, Shuma Gorath, Oblivion, or Death decided to attak HP DD, he would withstand their assault? Stop being such a buffoon. Ymir would wreck HP DD. They guy went up against a few high heralds and a low end trans so you think nothing can stop him? Except he died atleast twice.

WTF are you talking about? Odin took Surtur's body to do battle with Ymir. You act as if Odin can take Ymir out any time he wants. Yes, Ymir would freeze Thanos. Thanos was getting a beat down by Odin, why the heck wouldn't he be against Ymir?

Originally posted by Diesldude
Radiant said that H/P Doomsday can sense vulnerabilties which allowed him to alter Radian't energy and kill him. DD was basically immune to all forms of attack and outside of bfr, will take this fight.

Take what? DD's going to beat an elemental being that's stalemated Surtur?

h1a8
You say that and then use ABC logic to defend DD? lol. Deep space isn't the same thing compared to a being who's power rivals and stalemated a Surtur.

Lol at this nonsense. So if Galactus, Dormammu, Shuma Gorath, Oblivion, or Death decided to attak HP DD, he would withstand their assault? Stop being such a buffoon. Ymir would wreck HP DD. They guy went up against a few high heralds and a low end trans so you think nothing can stop him? Except he died atleast twice.

WTF are you talking about? Odin took Surtur's body to do battle with Ymir. You act as if Odin can take Ymir out any time he wants. Yes, Ymir would freeze Thanos. Thanos was getting a beat down by Odin, why the heck wouldn't he be against Ymir?

Take what? DD's going to beat an elemental being that's stalemated Surtur?
ABC logic involving characters is not always sound (who beat who or who stalemated who).
I don't care who Ymir stalemated. That holds no water to him even harming DD. That's like saying that since Juggernaut beat Thing he can beat Kitty Pride.

Plus you are not considering DD's evolving abilities.

psycho gundam

When h1 asserts that Ymir's ice and force cannot threaten Doomsday, it is only an attempt to shield himself from the unfathomable harshness of the world; it is an attempt to go back in time and undo at the source the trauma that gave shape to his ill-formed life. you're born with asperger's, you don't acquire it from trauma

Eternal Idol
Doomsday is either

a) getting stomped to a bloody death by Ymir

b) getting punted across the Nine Worlds by Ymir

c) getting a Happy Gilmoresque club slice into orbit from Ymir

d) getting severe frostbite from Ymir's penis

h1a8
Doomsday is either

a) getting stomped to a bloody death by Ymir

b) getting punted across the Nine Worlds by Ymir

c) getting a Happy Gilmoresque club slice into orbit from Ymir

d) getting severe frostbite from Ymir's penis

a) not happening because Ymir is made of ice and DD is harder than ice, or at least DD is both harder and SMALLER than Ymir.

b) not happening

c) not happening

d) not happening

quanchi112
Ymir, easily.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ymir, easily.

He can't harm DD.
DD is harder an tougher than ice, or at least the ice Ymir is composed of; and DD is hella resistant (or totally immune) to being froze.

Also, people are not considering DD's evolving features as well.

If the OE failed to harm DD then Ymir is not harming him either. No way Ymir is beating HP DD.

Mindset
Ymir, easily.

quanchi112
Quoting me is always a safe bet.

Colossus-Big C
He can't harm DD.
DD is harder an tougher than ice, or at least the ice Ymir is composed of; and DD is hella resistant (or totally immune) to being froze.
Ymir is a magical entity of the skyfather caliber, its not regular ice.

take zeus for example: Hulk is completely immune to lightning, zeus one-shotted him with a single bolt of his lightning because zeus a skyfather

so yea ymir freezes him to death..

Diesldude
You guys forget how powerful DS was in that series. I think Jurgens portrayed him like he later did with King Thor. DS destroyed rockets made of metal which was on par with adamantium, similar to what King Thor did with Wolverine. DS easly took care of Cyborg Superman, when supes was having problems, yet he lasted only 2 panels against DD after having hit him with OE not once but twice and at point blank range. It doesn't even slow DD, who then beats DS to an inch of his life. This is just against DS. DD also abused a superman amped by a mother box AND eradicator's energies. This DD was above skyfather level. He was at a point where the radiant said that DD could sense vulnerabilities and attack them. This DD was immune to physical and energy baed attacks, possibly even molecular manip (tanking OE twice). He was unbeatable and so had to be bfr'd. There is nothing Ymir can do in order to harm DD.

Naija boy
loool, Ymir stomps

quanchi112
Originally posted by Naija boy
loool, Ymir stomps Yeah, people are acting like Ymir is a giant snowman.

h1a8
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Ymir is a magical entity of the skyfather caliber, its not regular ice.

take zeus for example: Hulk is completely immune to lightning, zeus one-shotted him with a single bolt of his lightning because zeus a skyfather

so yea ymir freezes him to death..

Lightning is an energy attack not a freezing one, and thus it makes sense that some lightnings can be stronger than others. But you can only get so cold, magical has nothing to do with freezing. Even if it did, the OE is not a regular laser beam, yet DD took it. In the same vein he takes Ymir's freezing without harm, or at least evolves to become totally immune to it.

You guys underestimate DD. He has resisted cold attacks as well as deep space. The onus is on you to not only prove that Ymir can even freeze him but that he can freeze him without DD evolving to be resistant to it (which can't be done).

Yeah, people are acting like Ymir is a giant snowman.

To DD he is. He can't freeze the unfreezeable nor is he harder than DD to even hurt him physically.

zopzop
Lightning is an energy attack not a freezing one, and thus it makes sense that some lightnings can be stronger than others. But you can only get so cold, magical has nothing to do with freezing. Even if it did, the OE is not a regular laser beam, yet DD took it. In the same vein he takes Ymir's freezing without harm, or at least evolves to become totally immune to it.

You guys underestimate DD. He has resisted cold attacks as well as deep space. The onus is on you to not only prove that Ymir can even freeze him but that he can freeze him without DD evolving to be resistant to it (which can't be done).

To DD he is. He can't freeze the unfreezeable nor is he harder than DD to even hurt him physically.

The Casket of Ancient Winters , IMMOBILIZED a high end skyfather! "Magic" ice/snow/cold isn't the same as a common blizzard or attacks by the likes of Iceman/Killer Frost/etc....

Ymir is in a whole other league. He goes up against GALAXY busters. DD gets annihilated.

Lord Feron
Ymir just punt DD into space lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi
ABC logic involving characters is not always sound (who beat who or who stalemated who).
I don't care who Ymir stalemated. That holds no water to him even harming DD. That's like saying that since Juggernaut beat Thing he can beat Kitty Pride.

Plus you are not considering DD's evolving abilities.

Did you actually read HPDD? I mean honestly, this is getting silly. Name me ALL the times DD evolved on the fly in an instant please? Furthermore, Ymir is a skyfather level being... a being who is a rival and virtual equal of Odin and Surtur. Two legit skyfather's based on feats. They have all fought one another countless times over thousands of years and neither being able to vanquish the other because of their power levels being very close. Ymir isn't a giant frosty the snowman... Ymir smashes DD, and really, with little effort to get the job done.

theICONiac
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Name me ALL the times DD evolved on the fly in an instant please?

When Supes used his sonic weapon against Doomsday.

But yes, Ymir gives Doomsday FREEZER BURN Happy Dance

Stoic
Doomsday dies, and never comes back.

h1a8
Did you actually read HPDD? I mean honestly, this is getting silly. Name me ALL the times DD evolved on the fly in an instant please? Furthermore, Ymir is a skyfather level being... a being who is a rival and virtual equal of Odin and Surtur. Two legit skyfather's based on feats. They have all fought one another countless times over thousands of years and neither being able to vanquish the other because of their power levels being very close. Ymir isn't a giant frosty the snowman... Ymir smashes DD, and really, with little effort to get the job done.

You know damn well I read it. What have you been smoking?

Only 1 time is enough to prove that DD can evolve on the fly. This is common sense.

Ymir is not a skyfather being. Any legitimate skyfather can beat him by merely banishing him or teleporting him into the sun. Ymir is not a rival of Odin nor Surtur. Remember not to go by comic fight outcomes if it contradicts what will really happen. DD is harder than Ymir, in no way can he physically harm DD. This is like me trying to harm a small diamond with my bare hands (flesh and bone).

Originally posted by zopzop
The Casket of Ancient Winters , IMMOBILIZED a high end skyfather! "Magic" ice/snow/cold isn't the same as a common blizzard or attacks by the likes of Iceman/Killer Frost/etc....

Ymir is in a whole other league. He goes up against GALAXY busters. DD gets annihilated.

I don't care if it immobilized a skyfather. It is not doing jack to HP DD.
You must Defeat all of these to have a chance (defeating only some of them and I still win):

1. It temporarily immobilized Odin (list the issues so that others can see the context of the feat).
2. It is a low showing for Odin
3. DD resisted the OE which is >>>>>>>>>>> Ymir's freezing
4. Ymir doesn't have the casket of winters
5. DD is at least resistant to freezing and can evolve on the fly to deal with any freezing if he isn't already completely immune to it.
6. Juggernaut beating Thing doesn't mean he can beat Kitty Pride so get that stupid ABC logic outta here.
7. Over 99% of the time we see Odin he isn't a galaxy busting Odin. Those caliber of feats are so rare that we can almost say PIS. Superman was koed by a gas station. Otherwise we can say that those who went toe to toe with Superman went against 50 Earth weights of force and lasted.
8. As Bruce Lee would say, "Galaxies don't hit back". Which means that destroying a galaxy doesn't mean you are completely immune to being froze.
9. The writer of HP DD wouldn't have ANYTHING to be able to freeze him permanently due to the OE feat and the obvious intent.
10. HP DD has awesome HF and if stronger than both Superman and Odin.

JakeTheBank
Ymir is not a rival of Odin or Surtur?

Maybe if we ignore all the Journey into Mystery/Mighty Thor comics that show us otherwise. erm

Seriously, you must think the guy is a garden variety Frost Giant.

Omega Vision
Ymir all day. H/P DD would be the only version that might last more than a few panels against Ymir.

h1a8
Ymir is not a rival of Odin or Surtur?

Maybe if we ignore all the Journey into Mystery/Mighty Thor comics that show us otherwise. erm

Seriously, you must think the guy is a garden variety Frost Giant.

Rivaling someone has nothing to do with how you fared against them. For the writer could have one of the characters fighting stupid in order for it to appear as a rivalry.

Ymir is not a skyfather, not even close. He doesn't have the necessary abilities to make it.

JakeTheBank
Rivaling someone has nothing to do with how you fared against them. For the writer could have one of the characters fighting stupid in order for it to appear as a rivalry.

Ymir is not a skyfather, not even close. He doesn't have the necessary abilities to make it.

So you don't even know the context in how Ymir has fared against Odin and/or Surtur, yet you feel comfortable enough in debating against him in favor of Doomsday?

Seriously, have you read anything with Ymir in it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course he hasn't... he just admitted it by saying Ymir doesn't stalemate or a peer to odin... This is h1a8 jake.. we all know he doesn't read comics and ignores evidence.

Eternal Idol
Only 1 time is enough to prove that DD can evolve on the fly. This is common sense.

Ymir is not a skyfather being. Any legitimate skyfather can beat him by merely banishing him or teleporting him into the sun. Ymir is not a rival of Odin nor Surtur. Remember not to go by comic fight outcomes if it contradicts what will really happen. DD is harder than Ymir, in no way can he physically harm DD. This is like me trying to harm a small diamond with my bare hands (flesh and bone).

I don't care if it immobilized a skyfather. It is not doing jack to HP DD.

Love how you accepted Doomsday's one-time instant-evolving feat because it happened on-panel once already, but completely dismissed Ymir's entire history (both on-panel and not) because he would flick Doomsday away like a minor pest.

laughing out loud

h1a8
Love how you accepted Doomsday's one-time instant-evolving feat because it happened on-panel once already, but completely dismissed Ymir's entire history (both on-panel and not) because he would flick Doomsday away like a minor pest.

laughing out loud Ymir has no feats in which to show that he can even harm DD permanently. What are his feats against someone who is nearly indestructible (DD also has a HF and evolving feature)? I didn't ignore Ymir's history at all. Matter of fact if you look at one of his fights with Odin you will see Odin SEVERELY jobbing and not even using any of his powers. I don't consider jobbing to be valid in proving how powerful someone is.

Many here are extremely bias. They argue "Odin vs. whoever" that Odin would win because he is a galaxy buster, where as in over 99% of his showings he doesn't appear as such. Those feats are bordering on PIS because of their rarity. I would agree that Odin is a galaxy buster if the feats were more recent, despite their rarity.

Again, if you read's Ymir's history he is not skyfather level. Let any legitimate skyfather actually use their powers fully against him and he will lose (they can at least banish him somewhere like the sun).

I'm not claiming that DD would beat Ymir. I'm claiming that DD WILL NOT LOSE to Ymir since Ymir can't harm DD. I can agree on a stalemate with no problem (even though there exists the possibility that after many days or weeks of fighting DD would evolve enough to end Ymir).

h1a8
Of course he hasn't... he just admitted it by saying Ymir doesn't stalemate or a peer to odin... This is h1a8 jake.. we all know he doesn't read comics and ignores evidence.

First of all, I do read comics. I have a bunch of them. I have more comics on Thor than any other character. So I do know something instead of the NOTHING as you guys are claiming of me.

You of all people should know that "evidence" isn't always sound, as you always argues against it when it goes against your character (Thanos in particular).

Mindset
Having two Thor comics doesn't make you an expert.

h1a8

laughing out loud true

carver9

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.