Revan runs the Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

w00t2112
1) ROTS Obi Wan
2) ROTS Anakin
3) Mace Windu
4) Yoda
5) Ulic Qel Droma
6) DE Sidious
7) He makes it through

Where does Revan fall?

My bet is on Ulic taking him down.

EDIT: He gets a Day rest between each

Tangible God
Ooh, these gauntlets are getting on my nerves, but I say after the first three, Yoda would take him down. Hell, Mace may even do it.

w00t2112
Is Revan THAT weak?

Tangible God
From what many other threads have proven, he's not running against those first four (or three) and surviving.

darthsith19
He makes it to Sidious. And there are like three Revan runs the gauntlet threads.

Illustrious
No one ever takes into account that these are gauntlets, not a video game elevator.

tdtd
Lol...He makes it to DE Sidious then it's a tos up

Darth_Glentract
He would have a very hard time with Yoda and then Ulic would finish him.

jollyjim311
Loses at three or early in four.

Revolver Ocelot
Might lose to Yoda, will lose to Ulic.

tdtd
He won't lose to Ulic. Didn't we already establish that he is above Yoda and Ulic?

Illustrious
Originally posted by tdtd
He won't lose to Ulic. Didn't we already establish that he is above Yoda and Ulic?

If by establish you mean irrelevant misdirection, begging the question, lack of proof, noncanon gameplay, unconfirmed dialogue, and fanboyism, then of course, Revan is established to be higher than Ulic!

tdtd
LOL.. Your sarcasm is always appreciated.

PurpleSaber
He loses at either 3 or 4.

Fishy
He makes it to DE Sidious and then probably dies.

zod360
It depends on whether he can fully heal himself by the time he reaches Sidous. If he is still slightly tired or weak, he will probably not pull it off but if he is in as good a condition as his first fight, he easily takes it.

tdtd
How would he easily take a healthy DE Sidious? If anything they stalemate but it's not as though Revan is superior to him because that's far from the truth.

Revolver Ocelot
I honestly can't see how Revan is superior to Ulic or DE Sidious. I can understand him beating Yoda, but not these two.

zod360
He battled through a fortess full of dark jedi and and defeated Malak with all of the power of the star forge. He was leagues above anyone in KOTOR even in his weakened state.

Revolver Ocelot
Whether he killed any Dark Jedi there is an unknown. It could have been Jolee and T3 doing everthing.

Yes, he defeated Malak, who was boosted by the Star Forge, but by how much? No one mentioned all the power of the Star Forge. Hell, it could have only amplified his powers by giving him extra lives, which Revan himself could have stolen for health! Oh and the mines! The mines!

We don't know how the fight went.

Fishy
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
Whether he killed any Dark Jedi there is an unknown. It could have been Jolee and T3 doing everthing.

Yes, he defeated Malak, who was boosted by the Star Forge, but by how much? No one mentioned all the power of the Star Forge. Hell, it could have only amplified his powers by giving him extra lives, which Revan himself could have stolen for health! Oh and the mines! The mines!

We don't know how the fight went.

Actually we know far more then that.

We know Malak send droids that even the most powerful in the order could not defeat to kill him. When Revan goes through all of that, its said that He, Revan. Not his friends not other Jedi destroyed the droids, not sneaked past them not jumped over them but destroyed them.

After that the apprentices meaning everybody lower in rank then Malak on the Star Forge was send after Revan, and Malak even said he did not think they had a chance against him. "Will they stop him?" "Of course not, but they might delay him"

And I really don't get why anybody thinks Ulic is so damned impressive, he stalemated an Exar that wasn't that impressive with a lightsaber at that time, and he defeated Mandalore, the last one was indeed impressive but all his other fights were not.

zod360
Fishy makes a good point and I'd also like to make another point. Malak belived that the dark jedi and star forge droids would not have a hope in hell of destroying Revan but just slow him down. So it is pretty clear that Malak thought a hell of a lot of him. Then after their duel, he mentions that he had underestimated Revan and that he was in fact far more powerful then he originally was. So Malak's underestimated version of Revan is in fact presumably powerful enough to battle through an entire fortress of dark jedi and star forge droids. Imagine how powerful he must have actually been. Now imagine how much more powerful he must have got once he had recovered his memory and went into the unknown regions.

tdtd
Yea I have to agree with fishy, Revan went through a shitload of dark jedi with I suppose ease, then proceeded to defeat Malak powered by the SF. THAT's the storyline, and that's a lot more impressive and more of a testament to Revan's power, than Ulic beating Mandalore.

Borbarad
I hate how people use game events as "canon" here:

a) Revan went through most of the Star Forge with two of his friends. So everything done before they get seperated is not done by Revan alone but by 3 people. Since the Light Side ending seems to be the "canonical" one the only thing Revan did alone was:

- defeating Bastilla
- defeating those last droids (where you have to destroy that producing devices)
- defeating Malak

Nothing of that turns Revan into a superfighter. We know that Bastilla was inferior to Malak (since he captured her in a 1vs1 situation before). The 6 (or 8 ?) droids were basically nothing to worry about and Malak was good, yes, but again I won't rate him above Dooku or Mace.

b) Keeping that in mind he might very well go down against Yoda (especially after having to fight against Windu who isn't a pushover exactly). If he manages to survive that Ulic might take him down - but there is no way he gets past DE Sidious.

zod360
While gameplay is not completely canon, it still gives a rough idea of what happened. I think you extremely underate Revan.

Fishy
I'm not using game events as canon just what Malak and the admiral in the Star Forge say, and they say Revan destroyed the droids, that only Revan is powerful enough to destroy them and they say that all of the apprentices were send after him, not after other Jedi just after him. Even if he had help, which obviously wasn't strong and or important to be mentioned it was still impressive.

Malak was also apparantly described as unstoppable using the Star Forge, and both of those fighters were above all other in there era, I could see Malak taking Yoda or at least having a great fight with him, Revan would likely take him and then die against DE Sids.

Revolver Ocelot
I'm not using game events as canon just what Malak and the admiral in the Star Forge say, and they say Revan destroyed the droids, that only Revan is powerful enough to destroy them and they say that all of the apprentices were send after him, not after other Jedi just after him. Even if he had help, which obviously wasn't strong and or important to be mentioned it was still impressive.

Yeah, but he could have destroyed them by chucking grenades and planting mines, which is actually quite effective against the droids.

Revan the only being able to destroy them? Perhaps, on the Star Forge.

And how the Dark Jedi were sent was another matter. They could have been coming one by one and get blasted away by Revan, T3, Mission, Carth, etc.

Revan was the most powerful, that is quite clear, yep, but 2 sets or arms is sometimes a huge help, even if you're Ragnos or Luke.

Unstoppable to whom? And which fighters? Kavar? We don't even know how that fight went. Malak could put up a fight against Yoda, but I wouldn't give him a much bigger chance than Dooku. And yes, Revan will most likely take Yoda, but with difficulty.

Faunus
For that last point:

"He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed."

Illustrious
Originally posted by zod360
While gameplay is not completely canon, it still gives a rough idea of what happened. I think you extremely underate Revan.

No it doesn't. Gameplay is for entertainment purposes only. If that was the case, gameplay would be secondary canon. It's not. Gameplay is N-Canon, or Non-Canon. It's merely for your gaming enjoyment.

If Gameplay was any indication whatsoever, then I could easily say Jaden was one of the godliest people ever, as he hacked his way through hundreds of force users en route to defeating Ragnos' spirit.

He did destroy the droids... in the production area.

Face it, the rest is simply gameplay. Malak viewed Revan as a threat, but that doesn't mean he didn't have help. The Emperor viewed Luke as a threat, that doesn't mean Luke had no help on Endor.

Originally posted by Faunus
For that last point:

"He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs. Malak was nearly unstoppable, but the Republic emerged from that epic conflict victorious, as the Star Forge was eventually destroyed."

Isn't that from the databank? The hardly updated, no-quotes, and occasionally misrepresented databank? I'd like to see those lines written in canon. If we were to go by the databank, we'd find a startling absence of Revan.

Borbarad
Originally posted by Fishy

Yeah...what Malak and the Admiral of the Star Forge say. What do the know ? That Revan is the only being powerful enough to destroy a bunch of droids ? Come on. If that isn't a hyperbole I don't know what would be one. It's not as if those droids were anything special or uber powerful or resistant to force attacks. And still Revan had two friends with him to help out. Same with the Dark Jedi / Sith apprentices that were sent to kill him. Of course Revan was the most powerful member of his group but it's not as if his two friends were doing nothing.
And still we're talking about game mechanics here which means that possibly everybody that was on the Ebon Hawk went through the SF with Revan - or do you think that (in a "real" situation) those people would just sit there and do nothing while their friends fight for their lives ? I don't think so. And what do you expect in a cut scene ? "Kill Revan and his friends ?" Obviously Malak didn't care about Revan's friends but that doesn't mean that they did nothing.

Malak was descriped as unstoppable by whom ? The only being that faced him on the Star Forge was Revan himself - and he did stop Malak. And how do you know that those two were above anybody else in the era ? The only thing we know is that Malak was superior to Bastilla (wow a Padawan !) and that Kavar barely escaped alive when he went to face Malak (but we don't know if he just barely escaped because of Malak fighting skills). At least we know that a Jedi did cut Malaks jaw off - so somebody obviously was a match for him.

For all we know (even if I don't think it's like that) Revan might even go down against Mace. But I really don't see him taking Yoda after having fought against Mace.

Faunus
Originally posted by Illustrious
Isn't that from the databank? The hardly updated, no-quotes, and occasionally misrepresented databank? I'd like to see those lines written in canon. If we were to go by the databank, we'd find a startling absence of Revan.

He requested the context of the statement, I provided it. . .

Illustrious
He requested the context of the statement, I provided it. . .

And I showed that it doesn't establish anything, as it's a third party source.

Faunus
And did you see me combating that, Illustrious?

Illustrious
And did you see me combating that, Illustrious?

Was I claiming you, specifically, were fallacious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.