Superman vs. the Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lederuvdapac
Choose what version of superman you want...i say superman irregardless.

Juntai
In a comic.. Supes.
Here? Pheonix.

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
In a comic.. Supes.
Here? Pheonix.
laughing Pretty much. In a comic he'd end up choking her out like Dominus.

brainchild81
Phoenix 100/10

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
laughing Pretty much. In a comic he'd end up choking her out like Dominus. Got any Zero Hour scans?
GS needs a few from that last issue over in the Parallax thread.
He needs physical proof to back what I'm saying.

grey fox
Gs 10000000/10

Validus
Got any Zero Hour scans?
GS needs a few from that last issue over in the Parallax thread.
He needs physical proof to back what I'm saying.
I'll shoot you a PM later today.

Swanky-Tuna
Did Superman physically battle an angel? Either angels in DC suck noodles or Superman is imbalanced. Or both.

Juntai
I'll shoot you a PM later today. Sweet. Check that thread out so you know what type of stuff I'm looking for.
Mostly Hal destroying reality and rebuilding his own entirely and not just manipulating the time line. Any and all evidence of that you would muster up be sweet.

NoFate007
Pre-Crisis Superman could just make up an anti-phoenix power.

But Phoenix wins this.

Juntai
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did Superman physically battle an angel? Either angels in DC suck noodles or Superman is imbalanced. Or both. It was Energy Superman, who was considered to be probably right after Spectre in power. He battled angels and devils and gods and cosmics like they were chumps. Even stopped the Millenium Giants, who were DC's equivelent to the Celestials, who judged that Earth must be wiped out and restarted from the beginning again.

CaptainStoic
If your talking about the true form of the Phoenix then this isn't really a contest, it ate a sun... it's also rated over Galactus in terms of pure power, it won't matter what form of Superman they use he will die, much like he would die against the Antimonitor, and even that force may pale to the true form of the Phoenix.

JohnR
Superman back in his highest Pre-Crisis days could probably beat her. All other incarnations lose.

UniOmni
It was Energy Superman, who was considered to be probably right after Spectre in power. He battled angels and devils and gods and cosmics like they were chumps. Even stopped the Millenium Giants, who were DC's equivelent to the Celestials, who judged that Earth must be wiped out and restarted from the beginning again.

Jun, i kinda gotta call you on this one man. I remember hearing feats about how energy Superman used the energy from an entire city just to hurt one Millenium Giant, and that was considered a feat. So unless the Millenium Giants are above Spectre, i don't get the logic.
Or was his stated power level comparison mostly hyperbole?? Cuz if so, you know that means squat. And Spectre is way past any version of Superman, or at least should be. Unless they were disregarding the entire Vertigo cosmic line??
And do you consider Asmodel to be more powerful than Spectre?? The other King Angels of the Hosts?? Lion, Eagle and Ram i believe??
I mean, i've seen the (fanmade i admit) DC power rankings. Prime wasn't anywhere near the top, and he's considered the most powerful version of Superman.
Energy Superman was handled by Dr. Light.....Magneto would probably handle him as well, barring the speedblitz of course.

Xplosive
Superman wins, of course.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Jun, i kinda gotta call you on this one man. I remember hearing feats about how energy Superman used the energy from an entire city just to hurt one Millenium Giant, and that was considered a feat. So unless the Millenium Giants are above Spectre, i don't get the logic.
Or was his stated power level comparison mostly hyperbole?? Cuz if so, you know that means squat. And Spectre is way past any version of Superman, or at least should be. Unless they were disregarding the entire Vertigo cosmic line??
And do you consider Asmodel to be more powerful than Spectre?? The other King Angels of the Hosts?? Lion, Eagle and Ram i believe??
I mean, i've seen the (fanmade i admit) DC power rankings. Prime wasn't anywhere near the top, and he's considered the most powerful version of Superman.
Energy Superman was handled by Dr. Light.....Magneto would probably handle him as well, barring the speedblitz of course. Superman ended up using all of his powers to get rid of the Millenium giants. No they aren't above Spectre, neither is Azmodel. I was merely commenting on the bracket Energy Superman played in. High end cosmic. Energy Superman had some wierd showings in his earlier days in this form. You gotta remember, he only had it for so many issues, and most of it was still him trying to figure out the power, of which was considered limitless.
Prime is considered by many to be the most powerful, simply because that's what DC said.... but we have no idea where he ranks, given he's only been on panel for like 3 comic pages.
The level Energy Superman was supposedly at was 'the most powerful being in the omniverse'. That's what they were throwing around anyway. Superman never acted on that level, but he indeed did play in the bracket with the high end cosmics/devils/gods/angels who can kill with thoughts or just by looking at you and such.

UniOmni
Where in Marvel would you put high end cosmic?? Eternity?? Death?? Galactus??
Or Cosmic Cubes, skyfathers??
Would you say he could beat Ion in a fight??
And if he was in the powerbracket of those who could kill with thoughts, who did he fight??
I consider Highend cosmics to be people like Neron full demon prince power. Asmodel when he took over heaven and etc. If Energy Superman tried the same thing, would he have gotten to the Silver City?? What i'm trying to say is where does he stand with the true big dogs??
And for the record, Energy Superman was tailor made to get rid of the angels in the physical plane. They were vulnerable to specific frequency vibrations(wtf?!) and with his powers, it was in his ballpark.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Where in Marvel would you put high end cosmic?? Eternity?? Death?? Galactus??
Or Cosmic Cubes, skyfathers??
Would you say he could beat Ion in a fight??
And if he was in the powerbracket of those who could kill with thoughts, who did he fight??
I consider Highend cosmics to be people like Neron full demon prince power. Asmodel when he took over heaven and etc. If Energy Superman tried the same thing, would he have gotten to the Silver City?? What i'm trying to say is where does he stand with the true big dogs??
And for the record, Energy Superman was tailor made to get rid of the angels in the physical plane. They were vulnerable to specific frequency vibrations(wtf?!) and with his powers, it was in his ballpark. I dunno, I won't pretend to place him, I just say he fools around in the higher end of beings. That much is obvious given his fight.s

Sixth_Winged
The impression i got from that is that they job to him. The same superman who got hurt from touching an enchanted amulet can wrestle an angel who is far by more magical.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
The impression i got from that is that they job to him. The same superman who got hurt from touching an enchanted amulet can wrestle an angel who is far by more magical. Everyone jobs to Superman, that's a given. I mean, hell, some of Superman's rogues gallery can be universe destroyers or more. lol.

Xplosive
Everyone jobs to Superman, that's a given. I mean, hell, some of Superman's rogues gallery can be universe destroyers or more. lol.

Now, do you really think that Superman could take on Phoenix, because the truth is that Superman is literally a miserable insect in completely every aspect against Phoenix.

Juntai
Originally posted by Xplosive
Now, do you really think that Superman could take on Phoenix, because the truth is that Superman is literally an miserable insect in completely every aspect against Phoenix. Read my first post. The second post in the thread.

Xplosive
Read my first post. The second post in the thread.

Ok. But also in comic Phoenix would win. No one would allow Superman to win.
But still, at least you think that Phoenix should crush him.

Juntai
Ok. But also in comic Phoenix would win. No one would allow Superman to win.
But still, at least you think that Phoenix should crush him. No, in the comics Superman always wins. It's a written law.

Xplosive
No, in the comics Superman always wins. It's a written law.

Like against Darkseid.

Anyway, no, this is such a difference between those two, that no one should allow Superman to win, in no way.

Juntai
Like against Darkseid.

Anyway, no, this is such a difference between those two, that no one should allow Superman to win, in no way. Superman has put himself in Spectre's path before. Multiple times. Even attacked him before.

You don't realise Superman's power inside the comics..

Xplosive
Superman has put himself in Spectre's path before. Multiple times. Even attacked him before.

You don't realise Superman's power inside the comics..

It doesn't matter, still insect to Phoenix. Can't win, also not in comic, not 1% of a chance.
IT IS YOU THAT DON'T REALISE THE PHOENIX POWER INSIDE COMICS...

GalacticStorm
I didnt wanna get involved because i didnt think anyone would take this thread seriously. But honestly Juntai do you really believe that Superman could or would singlehandedly defeat the Phoenix? confused

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I didnt wanna get involved because i didnt think anyone would take this thread seriously. But honestly Juntai do you really believe that Superman could or would singlehandedly defeat the Phoenix? confused Read the second post in the thread.

outavodka
I didnt wanna get involved because i didnt think anyone would take this thread seriously. But honestly Juntai do you really believe that Superman could or would singlehandedly defeat the Phoenix? confused
Soon as the word Phoenix is uttered, GS enters the room. "No!,...go on i wana hear wat you were gonna say so i could prove you wrong excuse me. I ment metphorically spit back in your face...." laughing mad its how i imagine it could hapn.

Juntai
It doesn't matter, still insect to Phoenix. Can't win, also not in comic, not 1% of a chance.
IT IS YOU THAT DON'T REALISE THE PHOENIX POWER INSIDE COMICS... Yeah, I also realise Pheonix has died multiple times.
confused

outavodka
and just about everytime its cuz she wanted to

Juntai
I'm poking fun obviously.
Pheonix could blitz the sun, chomp it in half, cause a supernova, no more powersource for Superman, then create a goku-like energy blast and kill him. And that's just one of a million ways.

But, Superman always wins in the comics.

outavodka
IC7 superman dies of sun poisoning...that or anal cancer

GalacticStorm
I'm poking fun obviously.
Pheonix could blitz the sun, chomp it in half, cause a supernova, no more powersource for Superman, then create a goku-like energy blast and kill him. And that's just one of a million ways.

But, Superman always wins in the comics.

That is such a poor line of argument Juntai and you know it. Supes has been defeated many a time in the comics and by beings less powerful than Phoenix. Its basically like the Source going up against Superman are you honestly going to tell me that he would win? no

Regardless you can say that and we'll never know because it hasnt happened and never will. No side can say if it happened in a comic that their favourite to win would win for definite. However for debating purposes when looking at their power set we know who would always win 100% of the time.

Juntai
That is such a poor line of argument Juntai and you know it. Supes has been defeated many a time in the comics and by beings less powerful than Phoenix. Its basically like the Source going up against Superman are you honestly going to tell me that he would win? no

Regardless you can say that and we'll never know because it hasnt happened and never will. No side can say if it happened in a comic that their favourite to win would win for definite. However for debating purposes when looking at their power set we know who would always win 100% of the time. You're acting as if I actually believe that, even though I just told you that Pheonix would win and that I was poking fun.

Validus
Juntai isn't even seriously arguing...

GalacticStorm
Juntai isn't even seriously arguing...

I know!! eek!

Darth_Erebus
Is this the same Phoenix that punked Galactus and Darkseid? if so all versions of Superman combined get destroyed instantly.

UniOmni
Juntai is right in a sense. If we took Supermans most powerful form, Prime, and had him face off against Phoenix in a DC handled story, he does have a strong chance of winning.
Superman isn't a character. He's an ideal. Superman can't lose, because he's the universal symbol of triumph. And while that bothered me before, i accept it now.

ChaoticReign
Well there's also always hyperman. Superman and wonderwoman's son if he counts as a superman. He had complete control over hypertime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.