Superboy Prime with Anti Monitor Armor Vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jesse7
SBP w/AM armor Vs. Fully Powered Galactus

Well watching Bench Warmers at the theatre, Galactus was sitting in front of SBP and blocking his view, so SBP threw a bag of popcorn at Galactus, both are mad and both are ready to fight, go!

P.S. Does SBP become one with the Anti Monitor or is it just the armor, and if he does become one with it or if it is in him when did this happen? And is this before the speedsters take him to the speed force or after? Has he returned from the speed force yet?

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3402/superboyprimeantimonitor7lm.jpg

Juntai
Superboy punches him into the previous universes where he falls on himself before he ever finds the cosmic egg.

Reall though..

Tough to say currently by showings, but Superboy's Secret File says he's more powerful than the Anti-Monitor, who dwarfs Galactus.

Juntai
That pic is him returning from the Speedforce actually... The one you showed.
smile

We don't know the situation about Antimonitors armor either, so we can't say he's 'one' with him or whatever.

Jesse7
Oooo, I want to know what happens, I like SBP quite a bit ^_^, I hope he is uberly ahhhh I don't even know what to say, argh I want to see what happens! AHHH what if SBP has become imbuned with the speed force or has gained speedster like powers!!!! ahh the excitement I wonder if he is above the speed force or maybe he is all that he was before and more, speedforce powers, antimonitor powers, hybrid merged powers!!! ^_^!

TheKahn
Superboy Prime 10/10 if what they are suggesting about him and the Anti-Monitor is true

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2687/supprime060jl.jpg

Jesse7
posted by Vladius, if this is true, I don't know what to say, YAY I think SBP is interesting and ahhh!

IC Secret Files. Basically all the weird stuff in the last 20 years is his fault. Energy Superman? That was SBP. Hal Jordan's revival and Parallax? That was SBP. Hawkman, Donna Troy, Jason Todd, etc. coming back to life? SBP.

Added to this, the kid controls anti-matter.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396625&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Mider
what pictures is that from? infinite crisis?

Marcus4600
Yes, it is. However, we don't know yet if the kid has the Anti-monitor's powers. It may just be plating. I'm gonna say Galactus wins this, because Superboy Prime's powers would just make Galactus laugh.

Mider
how do you know marcus, if he indeed has the anti monitors powers he will own galactus

The Fake Macoy
If he's more powerful than the Anti-monitor, than he wins easily.

Mider
i dont understand how he can be that strong, didnt he lose to a few speedsters, didnt he and superman fight and didnt he lose?

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Mider
how do you know marcus, if he indeed has the anti monitors powers he will own galactus
censored
Do you not know how to read? I already said that we don't know if he has the powers of the Anti-monitor yet. Also, lest we forget this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t394493.html

Mider
yeah you dont know i know so be quiet mr iron man beats wonder women pfft sorry but you did say that, anyway this isnt superman its superboy prime and he is diffrent and is a unique being not the same old crap over and over id hope, why are you posting here if your so against it

Marcus4600
I'm posting because I know that although Superboy Prime is an extremely powerful being, he's by no means as powerful as Galactus, especially because we don't know if the Anti-monitor armor really does anything for him. There's no proof that it does. Also, Superboy Prime would fall under the category of a Superman incarnation.

Mider
you dont know if he has the power of the anti monitor if the comics says he does then he does all im saying is that i dont know how that is possible.

Marcus4600
It's a possibility, but I doubt it. Although it seems that he's gonna take out key members of the JLA, that's nothing below what Galactus could do.

Mider
ummm so what are you saying that the anti monitor loses to galactus?

Marcus4600
No. What' I'm saying are 2 things, and I've been having to repeat myself.

1. We don't know if the Anti-Monitor plating on Superboy Prime enhances his powers or not. From what we've seen of the next part of Infinite Crisis (the cover) he hasn't done anything outside of what Galactus could do with ease.
2. Superboy Prime, with his current powers, is by no means able to even tough Galactus without getting swatted away like a fly.

Mider
to be fare to you marcus i heard it doesnt say he is more powerful then the monitor but that he is indeed more dangerious but thats a whole other can of worms lex luthor has a battle suit that is pretty dangerious but the joker is more dangerious cause he can do stuff with prep time thats just insane

Marcus4600
Well, I doubt that he's as powerful as the Monitor, considering the two were parallel to one another. I would consider the Monitor and Anti-Monitor to be equals of Galactus, considering they can all do the same damage if they so wished. However, it's not in the character of Galactus to go blowing up entire galaxies. He doesn't enjoy being a planet eater. He just is what he is. Superboy Prime is extremely powerful, but he's nowhere near the type of power where he could take a beating from the entire DCU and laugh. Lemme show you what it took to kill Galactus when he was weakened: (this is taken from Wikipedia)

In the Galactus: The Devourer limited series (1999-2000), Galactus was killed after a battle against the united forces of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Starjammers, the Shi'ar Empire and an armada of other united planets (including even a Kree starship). He died with an ominous warning that his death would allow a great evil to surface. After his death, Galactus' true form was revealed, that of a star.

That great evil emerged in Fantastic Four Annual 2001 in the form of Abraxas, an entity that was the antithesis of Eternity. It was revealed that most of the energy that Galactus takes from planets was devoted to keeping him imprisoned. Abraxas was only defeated after it was revealed in Fantastic Four (vol. 2) #49 ( #478; January 2002) that Galactus was still alive. Roma, Franklin Richards, and Valeria Von Doom had been incubating Galactus within Eternity.

Juntai
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Well, I doubt that he's as powerful as the Monitor, considering the two were parallel to one another. I would consider the Monitor and Anti-Monitor to be equals of Galactus, considering they can all do the same damage if they so wished. However, it's not in the character of Galactus to go blowing up entire galaxies. He doesn't enjoy being a planet eater. He just is what he is. Superboy Prime is extremely powerful, but he's nowhere near the type of power where he could take a beating from the entire DCU and laugh. Lemme show you what it took to kill Galactus when he was weakened: (this is taken from Wikipedia)

In the Galactus: The Devourer limited series (1999-2000), Galactus was killed after a battle against the united forces of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Starjammers, the Shi'ar Empire and an armada of other united planets (including even a Kree starship). He died with an ominous warning that his death would allow a great evil to surface. After his death, Galactus' true form was revealed, that of a star.

That great evil emerged in Fantastic Four Annual 2001 in the form of Abraxas, an entity that was the antithesis of Eternity. It was revealed that most of the energy that Galactus takes from planets was devoted to keeping him imprisoned. Abraxas was only defeated after it was revealed in Fantastic Four (vol. 2) #49 ( #478; January 2002) that Galactus was still alive. Roma, Franklin Richards, and Valeria Von Doom had been incubating Galactus within Eternity. Anti-Monitor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galactus. It's really not much of a comparison. Galactus at full strength may be able to mess up a universe, Anti-Monitor destroyed infinite universes until there was enough to count on one hand left. He's the starry hand that Krona saw when he looked back to the birth of the multi-verse, and he's the reason there's an end of time at all, rather than perpetual existance.
And if DC themselves in IC-Secret Files says SBP is a greater threat to all that is than the Anti-Monitor, who are we do disagree?

Avalonofthewind
They're going to have to fit a whole lot of stuff into those last 2 IC books from the looks of it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
They're going to have to fit a whole lot of stuff into those last 2 IC books from the looks of it. We still have specials, 2 more books, and the 52 issue aftermath. lol.

GODSCRIBE

Darth_Erebus
Superboy Prime with Anti Monitor Armor? Quit making up characters.

Marcus4600
I am still really in doubt that Superboy Prime is more of a threat than the anti-monitor. So far, all he's been is a scapegoat for every wrong move DC has made in the past 20 years.

Mider
its only cause he pounded so hard in the dimension wall that it messed up the time stream. Are you talking about the 52 series called..........52?

Marcus4600
No, they're talking about the other 52 series being done by Image comics.

OF COURSE THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE WEEKLY SERIES YOU DOLT!

Juntai
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Superboy Prime with Anti Monitor Armor? Quit making up characters. Didn't you see the picture?

hoorayforpeepee
marcus, you are now officially a KMC member.

you see, nobody is a true member until they encounter brick walls such as mider, leonheartmm, et al.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

you see, nobody is a true member until they encounter brick walls such as mider, leonheartmm, et al.
big grin

Oh, I encountered leonheartmm a while back. He tried to tell me that Shaman Nate Grey was more powerful than Rune King Thor, and he didn't even know who the Rune King was. Then, there's Mider and the "Slade can kill guys that outclass him by ages" kick he was on. I encounter a lot of idiots. However, the smart ones outweigh them.

Mider
who are you calling an idiot marcus?

Marcus4600
You =
http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/paf/images/Tools/tool%20belt.jpg

Marcus4600
By the way, for those who were asking who said that Slade could speedblitz someone, here it is:

slade does have superspeed and you know that.

he is also fast enough to speedblitz members of the JLA

both taken from the Slade vs Thing thread. Funniest stuff ever.

Mider
i have to say is that you say that ben grim can beat a guy who has taken out WW with his tech yet you dont think he could do it to ben grim ok thats one point, another thing is you think iron man can beat wonder women one on one, also slade once chased down kid flash on foot only for a few moments but that tells me if there are weaker speedsters he can catch them, and also you say that venom and grim a hunk of rock is to fast for slade a guy who hits people as fast as superman, kid flash, and the flash, so who are you calling an idiot you also think that antimonitor is as strong as galactus once again who are you calling an idiot your not a celebrity around here that what you say carries weight that you can start insulting people as if you have been here as long as some of us and know as much as we do cause you clearly dont why no one tells you that is beyond me but we all know its true you and darkone and others are just punks who pick up a comic and think they know everything cause they can also read a bio or two i mean do grow up ive been her a while and ive been here longer then you and i do read up on stuff unlike you who speculates half the time you say you dont make things personal thanks.

Marcus4600
i mean do grow up i've been her a while

Her who? Are you a woman? Mider, I found something that can give you a hand with that typing problem of yours.

http://www.popular.com.sg/images/product/book/21370.jpg
http://www.smartkidssoftware.com/bksun1.jpg

I don't take threads personally. However, I don't like it when people can't prove their point. End of discussion.

Mider
pal when have you EVER proved your point, I on the other hand have proved my points many times so please save your pathetic counter arguments for people who are dumber, maybe you can fight darkone he loves just throwing with childish insults instead of actually bringing a good argument and you know that your just insulting me cause im right big grin

Marcus4600
There are people dumber than you? Also, how are you correct in any way, shape, or form? Are you right because you said so? Have you given any evidence that Superboy Prime could defeat Galactus? Do you have any evidence that Superboy Prime with that armor is as powerful as the Anti-monitor? No, you haven't. This is stopping, right now. I need some sleep.

1. We don't have any evidence that Superboy Prime with the Anti-monitor's armor is more powerful than the Anti-Monitor. It's just speculation. Speculation means that it isn't true.
2. We DO know that Galactus is an extremely powerful being that is one of the 5 necissary beings for 616 Marvel to survive. We also know that Galactus' powers are more than Superboy Prime can handle. He hasn't really proven himself yet, and until he does, the facts are the facts.

Until you have actual proof on this forum for all of us to see, which means that someone can back you up on this, then it's just a lot of mindless dribble. Also, learn to read and write!

grey fox
By the way, for those who were asking who said that Slade could speedblitz someone, here it is:

both taken from the Slade vs Thing thread. Funniest stuff ever.

Lol, i knew Mider was a tool but contradicting ones self in a thread, nice thumb up

grey fox
So who are you calling an idiot you also think that antimonitor is as strong as galactus once again who are you calling an idiot your not a celebrity around here that what you say carries weight that you can start insulting people as if you have been here as long as some of us and know as much as we do cause you clearly dont why no one tells you that is beyond me but we all know its true you and darkone and others are just punks who pick up a comic and think they know everything cause they can also read a bio or two i mean do grow up ive been her a while and ive been here longer then you and i do read up on stuff unlike you who speculates half the time you say you dont make things personal thanks.

....and i have been on here longer then you . Yet you still deny that I'm right . Practice what you preach tool.

Juntai
No, his bio, from DC themselves say he is 'more of a threat than the Anti-Monitor'.
I'm not sure that counts as speculation.
If it said in Odin's bio in the Marvel Handbook that he would mop Galactus in a fight. No one would doubt it then. Why does it not count when DC says it?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
No, his bio, from DC themselves say he is 'more of a threat than the Anti-Monitor'.
I'm not sure that counts as speculation.
If it said in Odin's bio in the Marvel Handbook that he would mop Galactus in a fight. No one would doubt it then. Why does it not count when DC says it?

Thats too vague. You cant assume from that line that Super Boy Prime is more powerful than Anti Monitor. It could be down to his mentality and his irrational way of applying his powers as we've seen. Nothing conclusive has so far been stated or shown.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thats too vague. You cant assume from that line that Super Boy Prime is more powerful than Anti Monitor. It could be down to his mentality and his irrational way of applying his powers as we've seen. Nothing conclusive has so far been stated or shown. Agreed, the wording is a little iffy... However, he does have Alexander's Antimatter power, and was already probably stronger than the Supermen. And now he's got the armor on...whatever that does.. Plus, he had specifically kept implying that our sun was vastly increasing his powers. Nearly every one of his appearances he mentions our sun somewhere in it. "You know what I can do in that sun."
"Doesn't the sun feel great today?"

Marcus4600
It kinda seems that they're making him a scapegoat for writing problems in the past. Superman got blue energy because of Superboy Prime, not because the writers f*cked up. Him killing members of the teen titans was bad enough. Now they go blame crap writing on him. When you villaininze someone, at least don't blame him for your mistsakes. It's not like we're gonna say that there's a Sentry Prime that hired Brian Micheal Bendis and Mark Millar to have stupid crap happen.

grey fox
It kinda seems that they're making him a scapegoat for writing problems in the past. Superman got blue energy because of Superboy Prime, not because the writers f*cked up. Him killing members of the teen titans was bad enough. Now they go blame crap writing on him. When you villaininze someone, at least don't blame him for your mistsakes. It's not like we're gonna say that there's a Sentry Prime that hired Brian Micheal Bendis and Mark Millar to have stupid crap happen.

....or to make spider man all 'mystical'.

Crease
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Mider
slade has speedblitzed zatanna ha slade also ran as fast as the flash once but only for like a few seconds then hit him with his staff, he also evaded superman, does that count as superspeed sure does.

Thunderstrike
Actually, Superspeed is the ability to run at extreme speeds for a long duration of time. So, no it isn't. Besides, this is about SBP vs Galactus, not you holding a grudge with a guy who isn't even here to defend his stance. Get over it.

Mider
dude who was talking to you? if he cant run for a long duration of time then fine he cant speedspeed i didnt know you where the encyclopedia of comic book knowledge around here. he still speed blitzed zatanna and he still hung with kid flash for a few moments is that super speed well if your definition is true then i guess not but then again i dont remeber you writing the book on what is and is not canon.

Thunderstrike
No, I didn't write the book. I just read it. Also, a speed blitz is when you throw a bunch of haymakers faster than a person can think, not shove your fist into a person's liver, making them vomit. I may not have written the book on what is and isn't canon, but at least I know my terms, and know which one applies to which abilities.

Also, he never took steps to meet up with Kid Flash. He rolled with his punch and used the momentum to clock the kid in the face. If I'm wrong, why don't you scan the comic, or give an issue number, for once.

soleran30
Slade isn't a "speedster" his reactions are just so much faster then normal humans it appears that way.............ie he punchs you faster then you can even think to expect it.

Mider
i dont have a scanner he ran with speed flash and kept up with him for a few moments and then blasted him with his staff, he's punked flash more then once, and like ive said i never read idenity crisis so i dont even know how he defeated most of those guys to the point that you call it PIS im going off past things, he can see things in slow mo but enough of this this is anti monitor superboy prime vs galactus does anyone even know what kind of powers he has?

Thunderstrike
I'm just going to be honest here. Mider, I looked over some old threads, and you have never actually brought any real proof to the table. In fact, you resurrected a dead thread to bash a guy who isn't even on these forums anymore. To be honest, that's pretty low. Anyway, to pull a Black Adam here, this thread is now about balloons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/83/Mylar_balloons.jpg

Mider
anyway does anyone know what powers superboy prime has now?

UniOmni
Why can't he be devolved?? IS there some claus in DC that states that people with an S shield can't be devolved to a more basic form??

the Darkone
Superboy Prime got his ass kicked by superboywink, and by the looks of it Superboy Prime ain't sh** anymore. Galactus eats superboy prime like a twinkie.

Thunderstrike
Shall I now post Galactus pictures celebrating his victory over the poster boy of everything that went wrong in DC for the past 15 yrs?

the Darkone
Sure why not smile

Thunderstrike
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~chking/fark/galactus.jpg

Galactus eats him and Earth Prime, and belches.

Validus
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superboy Prime got his ass kicked by superboywink, and by the looks of it Superboy Prime ain't sh** anymore. Galactus eats superboy prime like a twinkie.
It was rather ridiculous that Conner could draw blood from SBP. Just a few pages earlier he took multiple charged up magic punches from Black Adam and said it tickled. You want to tell me Kon-El is not only stronger than BA but THAT much stronger also? no

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
It was rather ridiculous that Conner could draw blood from SBP. Just a few pages earlier he took multiple charged up magic punches from Black Adam and said it tickled. You want to tell me Kon-El is not only stronger than BA but THAT much stronger also? no He had to look hard when going down, similar to the Supergirl death in the original Crisis. No one could do anything to Anti-Monitor, suddenly, she ran forward and beat the bejesus out of him for a minute, and then he killed her. lol. Very classic.

Validus
He had to look hard when going down, similar to the Supergirl death in the original Crisis. No one could do anything to Anti-Monitor, suddenly, she ran forward and beat the bejesus out of him for a minute, and then he killed her. lol. Very classic.
I totally agree. It was a great scene and a very heroic death but it's not fair to chalk to that up as a negative for SBP's durability. It might have been if not for that showing against Black Adam.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I totally agree. It was a great scene and a very heroic death but it's not fair to chalk to that up as a negative for SBP's durability. It might have been if not for that showing against Black Adam. Yeah, and all he really did that we SEE to Superboy Prime is make blood come out of his lip for a moment. lol. Other than that Superboy Prime handled Martian Manhunter, Powergirl, Superboy, Black Adam, etc all back to back to back in the comic.

Avalonofthewind
Yeah, and all he really did that we SEE to Superboy Prime is make blood come out of his lip for a moment. lol. Other than that Superboy Prime handled Martian Manhunter, Powergirl, Superboy, Black Adam, etc all back to back to back in the comic.

He was also in a red sun environment for years.
They gave reg. Superboy a good showing before he died, nothing wrong with that. SBP was still whooping multiple heroes like nobodies business and having a good time at it.

Galactus has had FAR more bad/jobber showings the SBP prime, but some people would never admit that. wink

kevdude
Well true that SBP was winning most of the fights but still gotta give the hero's a thumbs up... They didn't really know how to fight him. It's not really a bad showing for Black Adam either, he gets his powers from Shazam who is a very powerful wizard of light. It could be the reason SBP wasn't hurt with light/positive matter because he had the antimatter armor on. What really hurt him was fighting a Superman clone (superboy).. Conner really took the fight to SBP. Martian Manhunter was really taking it to SBP too. Good fight.

Mider
i wish that armor of his was like anti monitor armor but ive heard all it is, is basically a battary to help him have a yellow sunlight i dont think he can womp galactus at all galactus would look at him and laugh. a none jobbing galactus of course.

Sixth_Winged
hystericalhystericalhysterical laughs at the dissapointment IC6 caused. I guess that all that hype turned bullocks against Conner. Galactus stomps him a new reality check.

On a side note, earth 0 is damn hilarious laughing

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
laughing out loud laughs at the dissapointment. I guess that all that hype turned bullocks against Conner.

On a side note, earth 0 is damn hilarious laughing What comic did you read? The one I read involved him kicking everyones ass, even serveral of the heros at once... then the tower exploding and we don't see him on panel. Connor got a punch or two in, but who ended up getting his hand broken, his body broken, bleeding tons, and eventually dying?

Sixth_Winged
What comic did you read? The one I read involved him kicking everyones ass, even serveral of the heros at once... then the tower exploding and we don't see him on panel. Connor got a punch or two in, but who ended up getting his hand broken, his body broken, bleeding tons, and eventually dying?

laughing out loud Why IC6 of course. And if you bother to look and read the issue more clearly, he didn't mainly die because of anything SB did but rather the explosion. And i don't see him taking on all those heroes together and winning, in fact it seemed that they dissapeared before even doing some serious damage by being further away from the tower like BA.

And Conner got punch in or two? So? By the level of the hyped SB's power, he should've been KO'ed or killed, didn't happen though, did it?

Juntai
laughing out loud Why IC6 of course. And if you bother to look and read the issue more clearly, he didn't mainly die because of anything SB did but rather the explosion.

And Conner got punch in or two? So? By the level of the hyped SB's power, he should've been KO'ed or killed, didn't happen though, did it? Of course not, it's about creating a well written story, besides, he's been under a red sun for two years, depowering him. In that time he also likely lost the anti-matter energy powerup Alexander gave him. Otherwise he should have escaped using that power..

And yeah, Connor got in a couple hits, mostly by blindsiding him while he was dealing with Wondy, do you actually believe Connor is outputting more power than a pissed off Manhunter and Black Adam can do?

Superboy Prime trampled all of them. Even while weak.

Sixth_Winged
Of course not, it's about creating a well written story, besides, he's been under a red sun for two years, depowering him. In that time he also likely lost the anti-matter energy powerup Alexander gave him. Otherwise he should have escaped using that power..

And yeah, Connor got in a couple hits, mostly by blindsiding him while he was dealing with Wondy, do you actually believe Connor is outputting more power than a pissed off Manhunter and Black Adam can do?

Superboy Prime trampled all of them. Even while weak.

The only one he managed to trample there was BA with one shot and then dissapeared. He manage to score a single hit from MM(which BTW is stupid considering he phased a few pages before that) and apparently was scared of the dark. The rest of the prisoners dissapeared right before getting into the thick of battle.

And where in world did you get the weak from? He was being fed by that stupid AM wannabee armor, with more sunlight. That's weak?

Juntai
The only one he managed to trample there was BA with one shot and then dissapeared. He manage to score a single hit from MM and apparently was scared of the dark. The rest of the prisoners dissapeared right before getting into the thick of battle.

And where in world did you get the weak from? He was being fed by that stupid AM wannabee armor, with more sunlight. That's weak? Given that in one comic he's playing pool with solar systems, and considered more powerful than Kal L. . . . . then its stated he's been under a red sun for two years... that's weak. The suit might be feeding him energy now, but the stores are gone. Superboy, like Superman is not only a funnel of solar energy, but a giant solar battery that stores and converts it.

Still, we just saw him smacking all kinds of people around, and then Connor getting in a couple of shots before being killed.

Sixth_Winged
Given that in one comic he's playing pool with solar systems, and considered more powerful than Kal L. . . . . then its stated he's been under a red sun for two years... that's weak. The suit might be feeding him energy now, but the stores are gone. Superboy, like Superman is not only a funnel of solar energy, but a giant solar battery that stores and converts it.

Still, we just saw him smacking all kinds of people around, and then Connor getting in a couple of shots before being killed.

Oh boy...Lemme ask you just how'd you figure his stored energies are gone? He didn't mention anything like that in any page there. And your right about them being solar batteries, the suit even boosted the heck out of his strength.

And pushing planets and any other kind of raw strength he displayed isn't that much of great deal against his opponent here you know.

Juntai
Oh boy...Lemme ask you just how'd you figure his stored energies are gone? He didn't mention anything like that in any page there. And your right about them being solar batteries, the suit even boosted the heck out of his strength.

And pushing planets and any other kind of raw strength he displayed isn't that much of great deal against his opponent here you know. What does red sun do to Supermen? shifty

It was a good showing for the end of current Superboy, other than that, even full force Black Adam just made him smile. And we all know Connor is not in Black Adam's league.

And, I never said he'd beat Galactus, in fact, I agreed with GS that Secret File was too vague saying he's a "greater threat than the anti-monitor." early in the thread.

But you were making it sound like he was just plain weak, which is untrue, because all we've seen him do is trounce opponent after opponent and and the most damage we've seen him take is a bloody lip from a character not even as powerful as he was fighting a page earlier.

Not to mention that Connor was just revived by Luthor and was told that he's not at full strength and that if he fights, he will die. So we have a weakened current Superboy busting his lip open while he laughs at Black Adam?

We also saw SBP speedblitz and repel all the Flashes at once, then punch his way out of the phanton zone, pushing planets etc?

It's a homage to the character, nothing more.

But either way, no one's put SPB down yet, and he's been handling the competition. We still have a ways to go as well... so we'll see.

manjaro
i dont even know how he was even affected by red sun light, cuz he's not even kyptonian, he's a reg human who got mutated .... he's from E-prime, where he was the only super powered being there...no super science no magic no nothing, so chances are his biology is what makes him immune. to him kryptonite is just another rock, or magic is just fancy light, but i still dont get the red sunlight thing tho.... as far as the AM armor...he said it was based on it,,not it, itself

i believe that he is stronger than AM beucase remember when he cracked open luthor's armor(made of super durable apokoliptian metal) something reg superman couldnt do...then he specifically mentioned what the yellow sun does to him......so this suit that collects and charges him with solar radiation just saves him th trouble of tanning outside....so with him vs galactus.. i imagine that it would be like the time Apollo(authoirty) flew thru that giant dude's brain like a bullet...

.oh and since theis is pre-crsis superboy we're talking you just know the
armor can do something foolish like absorb and metabolize any form of energy and convert to solar, so since galactus is an energy being encased in fancy armor, if he cracks it would be like when superman broke darksied's arm and he "bled" omega force...its the same way glactus would bleed cosmic energy, wihc SBP could either absorb or just let bleed away...i dont know thats my take
also that would be why he needed it in the first place.. cuz his reserves were depleted so the suit is more of a contingey plan just in case somebody tries that trick with him again

Sixth_Winged
What does red sun do to Supermen? shifty

As in current Superboy and not the one taken from "heaven"? considering the title specifies it so.

It was a good showing for the end of current Superboy, other than that, even full force Black Adam just made him smile. And we all know Connor is not in Black Adam's league.

Full force? It was a beating intent of doing him harm, but there is no statement regarding that other than "magic hurts" "actually that tickles". that's by far the best feat he got there. And it sure looked like it that Adam didn't get the chance to retaliate to be making assumptions upon a single coment about magic not hurting.

And, I never said he'd beat Galactus, in fact, I agreed with GS that Secret File was too vague saying he's a "greater threat than the anti-monitor." early in the thread.

I didn't say anything about you doing that. All is said was that planet moving feats ain't that significant against his opponents.

But you were making it sound like he was just plain weak, which is untrue, because all we've seen him do is trounce opponent after opponent and and the most damage we've seen him take is a bloody lip from a character not even as powerful as he was fighting a page earlier.

He's not weak, he is rather had major bad showings in just two issues though. But like i've said, i find it funny about the dissapointment coming from his hype with his "AM armor". But if we go by what i'm trying to imply, i'd say that i'm thinking he isn't at all sufficient against his Galactus upon the revelation that his supposed greater than AM's power was indeed just hype. And it also looked to me that MM could just as easily win his battle against him if not for the fact that the plot needs him to be bfr'ed.

Not to mention that Connor was just revived by Luthor and was told that he's not at full strength and that if he fights, he will die. So we have a weakened current Superboy busting his lip open while he laughs at Black Adam?

We also saw SBP speedblitz and repel all the Flashes at once, then punch his way out of the phanton zone, pushing planets etc?

Which he shouln't have been able to be grabbed in the first place by the flashes or got hit with the a phantom zone arrow.

But either way, no one's put SPB down yet, and he's been handling the competition. We still have a ways to go as well... so we'll see.

Simple, he hasn't fought anyone on that level yet. If fighting the protege's was already bad enough, imagine what would happen if the much more stronger and experienced Trinity did that along with help from MM or green lantern.

Validus
Originally posted by manjaro
i dont even know how he was even affected by red sun light, cuz he's not even kyptonian, he's a reg human who got mutated .... he's from E-prime, where he was the only super powered being there...no super science no magic no nothing, so chances are his biology is what makes him immune. to him kryptonite is just another rock, or magic is just fancy light, but i still dont get the red sunlight thing tho.... as far as the AM armor...he said it was based on it,,not it, itself
He is a Kryptonian. They did his origin in some one shot issue during COIE. For some reason he doesn't have the weaknesses though or didn't. The red sun weakness is a retcon.

And I would agree that BA was going all out. Those charged up magic punches are the top hits a Shazam member can dish out (Hercules + Zeus in full effect). If he wanted to hold back he wouldn't have used them at all.

Jesse7
bump, and SBP is not weak to red sunlight as far as I know, it just doesn't power him as yellow sun light does, but it in no way weakens him. Thus why SBP created the anti-monitor like armor to feed him yellow sunlight energy.

Thunderstrike
He was there for years though. Meaning that he wasn't able to escape. I guarantee what it was is that Red Sunlight weakens him a lot, but doesn't strip him of his powers. It probably took him a long time to wrestle free from the Flashes. Either way, he's not going to come near Galactus.

Jesse7
From the fact that he escaped the speedforce and broke through the nagative barrier, I think he could contend with Galactus. SBP is like silverage superman, with his intellect to boot (I.E. building the anti-monitor armor).

Thunderstrike
Uh, tell me honestly. Do you know much about Galactus?

Jesse7
I think I do, and the many times he has nearly been killed, or destroyed. Are you going to say "At full power he could destroy the universe ten times over!" Because he has yet to show he can do this, aside from word of mouth from the watcher. Even at full power I wouldn't give it to him overt the likes of SBP, because when Galactus attacks or defends or does anything using his energy he is draining, he is constantly draining even when doing nothing thus why he needs to consume planets and or energy of a sustainable level just to stay alive and or exist.

Even if SBP is not Galactus equal in sheer power, which I do think he could be and or even surpass Galactus at full power, in a drawn out fight I think Galactus would be drained and depleted to the point where he dies from lack of energy and or dies from SBP.

Thunderstrike
Yeah, you don't know much about Galactus.

batdude123
Originally posted by Jesse7
I think I do, and the many times he has nearly been killed, or destroyed. Are you going to say "At full power he could destroy the universe ten times over!" Because he has yet to show he can do this, aside from word of mouth from the watcher =)

You bring up some good points. We've never seen a full-powered Galactus, so we can only speculate how powerful he is. We don't know if the Watcher was actually serious or if he was just using hyperbol. Until we actually see what he's capable of, I say we stop putting a full powered Galactus into threads all together. At least with Sentry, we have a little bit to gone on, but with a full-powered Galactus, we have next to nothing other than words.

Thunderstrike
Well, let's do a comparison:
Superboy prime can push planets.
Galactus eats them.

Connor Kent was able to draw blood from Superboy Prime
Galactus made Superman his b*tch.

Superboy Prime is afraid of Darkness.
Galactus was faced with his demise and still wasn't scared.

To be honest, I could go on forever, but let me put it this way:
Galactus creates creatures like Tyrant, Siver Surfer, and so forth with ease. His power, even when severely weakened, is enough to drive off anyone. Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactus

Read the whole thing. It's only the tip of the iceberg, but it's still awesome.

Jesse7
I do think of Galactus as not being very energy efficient for combat. I think SBP is very efficient in what he does, breaking, shattering, overcoming, and flat out boxing, unbreakable, unbeatable, invincible, objects, forces of nature, universal rules and walls (speed force, negative zone, paradise, source wall). I think SBP has a tendency for breaking, smashing and pounding holes through comic rules and continuity.

If you would like to bring up those momments when SBP is hurt, not defeated but hurt, which to what I know has only been once by connor, and that is speculated to be because that would be Connors last showing due to the court case DC lost; which SBP after proceeded to shatter connors hand and kill him. Then I feel I should mention a couple of the times Galactus was given a black eye or two.

1. Invisble man with the FF has completely drained Galactus of all his energy before, reducing him to a empty suit.
2. The elders of the universe nearly killed Galactus when Galactus devoured them and they reformed inside of him, they then began to have a party inside of him by dancing on his innards.
3. Reed Richards has scared off Galactus before with one of Galactus own inventions.
4. Thor with the Godblast has sent Galactus retreating.

Also
1. SBP can push planets as well as break through the negative barrier.

2. SBP can escape from the speedforce.

3. SBP can effect DC, merely by pounding on the force wall.

Thunderstrike
Okay, good for Superboy prime, but he hasn't shown anything impressive enough to make anyone say that he can defeat Galactus. Galactus at full power is nearly incomprehensible as to how powerful he is. By saying Superboy Prime can kill him is saying that Superboy prime is more powerful than this:

That great evil emerged in Fantastic Four Annual 2001 in the form of Abraxas, an entity that was the antithesis of Eternity. It was revealed that most of the energy that Galactus takes from planets was devoted to keeping him imprisoned. If released Abraxas would destroy the universe... but eventuaily Galactus will devour the universe... so it's just a slower process. Abraxas was only defeated after it was revealed in Fantastic Four (vol. 2) #49 ( #478; January 2002) that Galactus was still alive. Roma, Franklin Richards, and Valeria Von Doom had been incubating Galactus within Eternity.

That was Galactus when he was severely weak as well. There is no substantial evidence toward Superboy Prime beating Galactus at all. Ever. He wouldn't come close. He'd get his molecules dispersed before you can say "Bob's your uncle" so this thread is pointless. It's just full of DC fanboyisms that are just ridiculous.

Jesse7
I have yet to see a feat by Galactus that makes convinces me he can destroy the universe ten times over at full power. Abraxas, hmm well he isn't Galactus, Galactus is like a locked door, when he is destroyed, then the door is open and Abraxas can walk through. To say if SBP kills Galactus then Abraxas would come, if you want to do a two vs two then a appropriate thread could be made with.

So many exscuses made for Galactus as to why he was weak, point being Galactus has been defeated multiple times by people ranging from all over the power spectrum. Galactus has yet to show on panel that he can destroy the universe ten times over at full power, he has yet to show how strong he is at full power, the only on panel showing which tells of Galactus at full power is when the watcher said Galactus at full power could destroy the universe ten times over, which is only a watcher's word which is debatable and arguable, if we take everything we read in comics in truth then going by that, Spiderman saying Sentry stalemated Galactus is also true then.

Instead of claiming that this thread is filled with fanboyism and thus that is why I and others think SBP would defeat and or kill Galactus at full power, show some solid evidence that Galactus at full power is more then just hot air.

I do not mean to be disrespectful to you in any way, and I am sorry if I have been.

Mordum
No no no......SPB cannot beat Galactus. Ok first of all SPB fights people on earth mainly heros..who has he beat that is a real big player?

All this talk about Punching the phantom zone,escaping speedforce,blah blah blah. That means nothing. Flash has been shown to outrun death but can he beat Galactus nope. Scarlet Witch's chaos wave reached the White Hot Room but can she beat Galactus nope. There have been so many instances where your average joe smo hero has done the impossible doesnt mean they now can contend with a cosmic.

Galactus fought In betwener
Galactus fought Tyrant
Galactus fought Phoenix
Galactus fought celestials
so on and so on

Who has SPB fought on those levels?

UniOmni
Galactus is so much more than Prime. At best, SBP is a member of the Superman family, so that automatically labels him as a brute character. Galactus once sent the Black Nebula Galaxy across the universe with a thought. The difference in power is immeasurable. Galactus is to SBP, what Spectre is to Superman.
That much of a stomp this is. I have never even seen one legit defense against Galactus simply devolving him to an amoeba. Precrisis Kryptonians aren't the end all they're made to be on this board. For all their high showings, they'd have ten low ones. Fluctuation anyone??
If this was Thanos, then i'd give SBP odds of 7/10.
Galactus?? Third force of the universe Galactus?? His victory 100/5.
Unless you think a speedblitz truly matters in battles between the upper echelons of the cosmic god tier, he loses everytime and instantly as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.