Apocalypse, Magneto and Professor X vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
3 of Marvel Earth's most powerful Mutants

vs.

DC Earth's most powerful superhero

The 3 get a day of prep to deliberate the order of their demise. Just kidding. But who wins?

soleran30
I am giving this to Marvels hero's with 3 days of prep....................

GODSCRIBE
maybe

Valharu
I give it to Marvel with no rep! Onslyps anyone?

Crease
Marvel easy

GODSCRIBE
it will be a good fight.

ChaoticReign
No prep they get slaughtered with prep its argueable. I was always a believer in the whole "incineration from orbit" idea.

spideycarnage
the mags ans apoc can keep superman busy for a little while, in the mean time profesor X puts supeman to sleepp.

GODSCRIBE
he'd have to use cerebro...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by ChaoticReign
No prep they get slaughtered with prep its argueable. I was always a believer in the whole "incineration from orbit" idea.

Magneto and Apocalypse both generate force fields. Apocalypse generates a forcefield for the 3 of them, and magneto makes another forcefield over Apocs forcefield for double protection, so they can bide time and think of a way to defeat him.

rox
how about professor uses cerebro and kills him instantly

Xplosive
WTF! They would murder him, kill him! They would play with Superman.

grey fox
Hah , supes punches their heads off before they can even react.

Tallis
xavier will leave superman thiking he was a 5 year old girl

soleran30
Prof X doesn't even need to be at the battle for cerebro to win and with 3 days of prep they could walk into the battle with shields up.

Superman is gonna lose

Juntai
No prep?
Or three days?

The just kidding throws me off.

If its no..

On the onset Superman turns both of the mortals into dust and then punches out Apoc.

Really though, that team is decent, should gather a few wins., but Supes will win the majority. He's like a god compared to these guys. Magneto is probably their only real chance here. If he could buy time, the team could come together and do something.

If they do get prep, they whoop him every time probably.

grey fox
Originally posted by soleran30
Prof X doesn't even need to be at the battle for cerebro to win and with 3 days of prep they could walk into the battle with shields up.

Superman is gonna lose

Nope , The last guy who tried to use Tp on supes had to concentrate fully on him , and even then it was a full struggle to stop him from breaking free. Of course as soon as he stopped concentrating for a second supes got back up again and beat the crap out of him.

soleran30
yeah thats hardly a problem what so ever for Prof X especially with cerebro................

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
Nope , The last guy who tried to use Tp on supes had to concentrate fully on him , and even then it was a full struggle to stop him from breaking free. Of course as soon as he stopped concentrating for a second supes got back up again and beat the crap out of him. Last guy who tried TP on Supes that I remember, was Despero, and he couldn't do it.
The guy before that took years to mentally dominate him.

Xplosive
Superman is by far the most overrated comic book character ever to exist!

Juntai
Originally posted by Xplosive
Superman is by far the most overrated comic book character ever to exist! No one can help the way he's written.

UniOmni
Magneto arguably can take on Superman himself with great odds, barring a speedblitz of course. Apoc, at his utmost can help out, and its not about outpowering, but application. Xavier WILL get inside his mind, and possibly ruin him mentally. Course in the Superman Friendly, Psi unwelcome DCU, this wouldn't happen. But he's been mindcontrolled in the past.
Team should win with a minute of prep 8/10. With 3 days of it, 20/10. Now, no prep at all, they all lose decisively. Apoc is a jobber, and Supermans jobber aura will have him being hit with a coffee table....again.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Juntai
No one can help the way he's written.

**** it man. Any of these three guy could beat Superman alone.
This thread is overkill, by far.

grey fox

No that would be your precious Apocalypse, Xplosive , who still hasn't back upped any of his claims in the last ten years.

soleran30

Yeah know what don't give the man lone ownership of that title I mean Batman and especially WOLVERINE can take some of that award home with themsmile

Now back to the program..................yeah yeah blah blah Despero who rocked MM then had a tough time with AM..............oh yeah..............

Professor X should have few problems because for the trio to win he doesn't have to blow his mind up just confuse and assist. If he can get the kill shot even better. There is no I in team but there is a me so the trio can take him. Probably not one on one though sho' nuff.

Xplosive
No that would be your precious Apocalypse, Xplosive , who still hasn't back upped any of his claims in the last ten years.

Come on, man. Superman is also doing more to what he should be, based on his power, he is just so overrater, overwritten, like Batman.
Batman is also taking on guys that are far beyond him, while people like Fedor Emalianenko, Cro Cop, Minotaruo,... from real world would beat him. What kind of writinig is that.
Superman looses this badly, they could literally make a joke out of him and make him their slave.
And any of these guy could take on Superman by themselves.

grey fox
What can this team do

Apocalpse - **** all

Xavier - Struggle futily while trying to control supes's mind.

Magneto - Stand their trying to keep his shield up while supes is punching it.

Galvaclaw
I'm not sure Xavier can shut down Superman. As I remember Onslaught mentioned his psychic powers were ineffective against aliens. I'd assume Xavier shares the same weakness as Onslaughts power was heightened. Superman also has some of the highest mental resistances in the DCU, exceeding even the martian manhunter. One push down the stairs later and chuck is down.

As for Magneto. Superman's grappled with black holes, Magnus can't generate those forces. Forcefield wise Superman can punch his way through Green lantern contructs.

Apocalypse will give Superman a good fight but will eventually be knocked into orbit once Superman stops holding back.

grey fox
Come on, man. Superman is also doing more to what he should be, based on his power, he is just so overrater, overwritten, like Batman.
Batman is also taking on guys that are far beyond him, while people like Fedor Emalianenko, Cro Cop, Minotaruo,... from real world would beat him. What kind of writinig is that.
Superman looses that badly, they could literally make a joke out of him and make him their slave.
And any of these guy coudl take on Superman by themselves.

Suuuuure . Next I'll hear that darkcrawler hates namor and Gs has burned all of his essays.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I'm not sure Xavier can shut down Superman. As I remember Onslaught mentioned his psychic powers were ineffective against aliens. I'd assume Xavier shares the same weakness as Onslaughts power was heightened. Superman also has some of the highest mental resistances in the DCU, exceeding even the martian manhunter. One push down the stairs later and chuck is down.

As for Magneto. Superman's grappled with black holes, Magnus can't generate those forces. Forcefield wise Superman can punch his way through Green lantern contructs.

Apocalypse will give Superman a good fight but will eventually be knocked into orbit once Superman stops holding back.

Co-signed

Xplosive
Suuuuure . Next I'll hear that darkcrawler hates namor and Gs has burned all of his essays.

Now, tell me, could Loki at his best, PE Ikaris, High Evolutioanry and such level beings take on Superman, just answer that.

grey fox
Loki , probably . High evolutionary I'm not so sure about , you'd have to give him a few years of prep.

Xplosive
Loki , probably . High evolutionary I'm not so sure about , you'd have to give him a few years of prep.

Now, I see who I am dealing with. I won't take you seriosuly.
High Evolutionary would need years, hahhahah. And it was Apocalypse who hold his own, had upper hands against Loki, when Loki was written at his best. And against such beings as High Evoltunary, Primal Eternal Ikaris.

grey fox
Now, I see who I am dealing with. I won't take you seriosuly.
High Evolutionary would need years, hahhahah. And it was Apocalypse who hold his own, had upper hands against Loki, when Loki was written at his best.

Think about it moron .

Krytponian DNA is incredibly difficult to handle , High evolutionary's biggest threat is 'de-evolving' people. He'd need those years to study Superman's DNA and crack it . After he's done that then supes is easy to take out.

Loki has magic so it's a basic route to supes getting his ass kicked.

soleran30
Everyone is just looking at the individual powersets and not the sum of the group. Charles has reached across galaxies to contact Shi'ar. Onslaught isn't even cannon its gone.....................3 days is a very long time considering Magneto can assemble devices super fast. Apoc aside from his jobbing should look to celestial tech.

Charles doesn't have to lobotomize Superman here just keep him off balance. Also no one can say for certain if Charles can slow him down but past showings would say he has a strong possbility.

Xplosive
Think about it moron .

Krytponian DNA is incredibly difficult to handle , High evolutionary's biggest threat is 'de-evolving' people. He'd need those years to study Superman's DNA and crack it . After he's done that then supes is easy to take out.

Look you worthless piece of shit! High Evolutionary would defeat Superman.
Apocalypse and Magneto, both alone can hold their own against Superman.

Juntai
war

soleran30
Think about it moron .

Dude if luthor corp can make superboy I think High evolutionary can get her done pretty quickly.

grey fox
Look you worthless piece of shit! High Evolutionary would defeat Superman.
Apocalypse and Magneto, both alone can hold their own against Superman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, i couldn't help myself , i mean seriously Apocalypse beating supes , keep smoking the weed Xplosive .

inamilist
This might actually be a good fight

The prep gives the 3 a chance, like, maybe they bring some kryptonite armor or something

however, I don't think they could handle supes speed. Unless they can somehow counteract that within the first fraction of a second, I think it's safe to say they go down

However, barring a speedblitz, id say its only 7/10 for supes

these guys could definatly pull off a couple of wins

grey fox
Dude if luthor corp can make superboy I think High evolutionary can get her done pretty quickly.

Excuse me he's HALF kryptonion . It's easy to make HALF of something . We can make HALF human/animal hybrids with our current tech.

TheKahn
The problem that almost always comes up when people pit Superman against just about any Marvel character is the speed issue. One of Superman's powers is that he has near-Flash like speed and that level of speed is very rarely seen in any Marvel character. However most people seem to only concentrate on his other, perhaps more celebrated, powers and do not realize just what a big advantage this is.

In practical terms, this allows Superman to move/attack much faster than his opponents can even form a single thought. He can literally end a fight in a fraction of a second if he wanted to leaving even those opponents, who may have the level of firepower needed to actually hurt Superman, without the time needed to react. They do not have the time they need to form thought to create shields, use an energy/telepathic attack, or much less actually attempt to strike Superman.

Superman is of a different type of being than most characters in Marvel. Imo, he is more comparable to heralds than to most Marvel earth superheroes given his incredible strength, speed, and energy attacks. Now I can understand if people think that him having this much power makes him uninteresting as personal tastes are just that: personal. But given that he does have this much power, only the higher tier characters in Marvel would be a real challenge to him and these three fall far short.

Superman 10/10.

inamilist
Excuse me he's HALF kryptonion . It's easy to make HALF of something . We can make HALF human/animal hybrids with our current tech.

zoy?

not unless we have found a way to randomly generate additional chromosomes for species...

lol, its only been a few years since we compleatly mapped the generic human geome...

Juntai
How would HE -GET- his DNA??

soleran30

We aren't the high evolutionary now are wesmile Not even close as a matter of fact.

It doesn't matter as I said given 3 days of prep these three will have a strong showing and I would give them 6/10 fights maybe even 7/10 with their prep.

inamilist
Originally posted by TheKahn
The problem that almost always comes up when people pit Superman against just about any Marvel character is the speed issue. One of Superman's powers is that he has near-Flash like speed and that level of speed is very rarely seen in any Marvel character. However most people seem to only concentrate on his other, perhaps more celebrated, powers and do not realize just what a big advantage this is.

In practical terms, this allows Superman to move/attack much faster than his opponents can even form a single thought. He can literally end a fight in a fraction of a second if he wanted to leaving even those opponents, who may have the level of firepower needed to actually hurt Superman, without the time needed to react. They do not have the time they need to form thought to create shields, use an energy/telepathic attack, or much less actually attempt to strike Superman.

Superman is of a different type of being than most characters in Marvel. Imo, he is more comparable to heralds than to most Marvel earth superheroes given his incredible strength, speed, and energy attacks. Now I can understand if people think that him having this much power makes him uninteresting as personal tastes are just that: personal. But given that he does have this much power, only the higher tier characters in Marvel would be a real challenge to him and these three fall far short.

Superman 10/10.

co-sign

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Tallis
xavier will leave superman thiking he was a 5 year old girl

Better yet, having him sing I'm a little teapot.

grey fox
Originally posted by inamilist
zoy?

not unless we have found a way to randomly generate additional chromosomes for species...

lol, its only been a few years since we compleatly mapped the generic human geome... Originally posted by Juntai
How would HE -GET- his DNA?? Originally posted by soleran30
We aren't the high evolutionary now are wesmile Not even close as a matter of fact.

It doesn't matter as I said given 3 days of prep these three will have a strong showing and I would give them 6/10 fights maybe even 7/10 with their prep.

I'm just de-railing Xplosives attempts of trying to make me look like a supes fanboy.

I swear i heard somewhere it's now possible for us to add cow dna/chromosomes/whatever the hell to egg cells thus creating a hybrid child.

inamilist

I swear i heard somewhere it's now possible for us to add cow dna/chromosomes/whatever the hell to egg cells thus creating a hybrid child.

ok smile

i get what you are talking about

they do lots of stuff like that with vegtables to make them resistant to pests so they dont have to spray

we are thinking differant definitions of "Hybrid", but ya, you are correct as far as i know, it should be possible to do that kind of thing

weather its a perfect science or ethical, thats a differant topic smile

TheKahn
Xavier is perhaps the most useless member of the Marvel team. Not only does Torquasm Vo and his willpower allow Superman to resist outright telepathic control or attacks (as we have seen it took Max Lord years to be able to control Superman) and the fact that Xavier seems to have trouble with alien minds, but also sensing someone's mind is present on the battle field a nano-second before they crush your skull really isn't that helpful.

Marcus4600

Superman 10/10.

There's just one problem, and I brought this up in the Wonder Woman vs Avengers thread. If you give a Marvel character prep, and the DC character goes rushing in, they may run right into something that will f*ck them up royally. The scenario I used was Superman vs Iron Man. If Superman goes rushing toward Iron Man if Iron Man has had time to prep himself against Superman, he may end up face first with a lethal amount of kryptonite radiation, or red sun energy. With prep, this means that Xavier has Cerebro. Superman wouldn't have it easy with Magneto or Apoc, and then Xavier would just make him tie his cape around his butt and make him think he's a baby.

grey fox
Originally posted by Marcus4600
There's just one problem, and I brought this up in the Wonder Woman vs Avengers thread. If you give a Marvel character prep, and the DC character goes rushing in, they may run right into something that will f*ck them up royally. The scenario I used was Superman vs Iron Man. If Superman goes rushing toward Iron Man if Iron Man has had time to prep himself against Superman, he may end up face first with a lethal amount of kryptonite radiation, or red sun energy. With prep, this means that Xavier has Cerebro. Superman wouldn't have it easy with Magneto or Apoc, and then Xavier would just make him tie his cape around his butt and make him think he's a baby.

What does apocalypse bring to this team ? , aside from a big fat losing streak that is.

Marcus4600
He can job Superman. His aura rivals Slade and Wolverine's.

TheKahn

The problem is that even with prep, none of them could actually hit something moving at the speed of light.

inamilist

whatever they do, it would have to be there before the fight started

so, like, they would have to be emmiting radiation or whatever they were going to do before supes went for a speedblitz, because he moves so fast that they wouldnt be able to react to him.

even with cerebro, superman will attac xavier before he has a chance to think

we would have to get really creative to think of a proper sort of "trap" that could effectivly stop superman, that would be sort of omnipresent on the battlefield....

TheKahn

Prep time is really overrated against Superman. I know this is a rather humerus take on the situation, but I think it proves a point. Superman has a great variety of ways to win.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/3668/suepman9nf.th.png

TheKahn
Originally posted by inamilist
whatever they do, it would have to be there before the fight started

so, like, they would have to be emmiting radiation or whatever they were going to do before supes went for a speedblitz, because he moves so fast that they wouldnt be able to react to him.

even with cerebro, superman will attac xavier before he has a chance to think

we would have to get really creative to think of a proper sort of "trap" that could effectivly stop superman, that would be sort of omnipresent on the battlefield....

Not to mention the fact that Superman has a plethora of super sense (he can even see souls!) which should be able to detect any potential trap. erm

And even given that, Superman has a variety of long range attack that very few people in Marvel could even survive. I mean he could simply engulf the entire battle field with heat vision that is hotter than the sun and never get close to the other team.

grey fox
Not to mention the fact that Superman has a plethora of super sense (he can even see souls!) which should be able to detect any potential trap. erm

And even given that, Superman has a variety of long range attack that very few people in Marvel could even survive. I mean he could simply engulf the entire battle field with heat vision that is hotter than the sun and never get close to the other team.

We'd watch them fry like sauasages. Yum .

inamilist

ya, he is a toughie

im not trying to say that mags/apoc/Xavier dont have to ability to kill superman

but, they could really only do it if he stood still and let them

tyranus
Have any of you seen the dark Phoenix saga?
Xavier managed to battle against jean grey powered by the PF.
And xavier does not need to control supes, if we are talking an all out attack like supes whit is supers-speed, then xavier will just wipe is mind clean, like he did to magneto when he went berserk because he extracted the adamantium from wolverine.

point of fact, supes does have an incredible resistance to mental control, but to a mental attack?

Don't think so.

inamilist
Originally posted by tyranus
Have any of you seen the dark Phoenix saga?
Xavier managed to battle against jean grey powered by the PF.
And xavier does not need to control supes, if we are talking an all out attack like supes whit is supers-speed, then xavier will just wipe is mind clean, like he did to magneto when he went berserk because he extracted the adamantium from wolverine.

point of fact, supes does have an incredible resistance to mental control, but to a mental attack?

Don't think so.

superman moves close to, if not faster than, light

he can hit xavier before his thought to attack moves from one neuron in his brain to the next

its that easy smile

soleran30
Prof X doesn't have to be at the battle for him to use cerebro. He could be in the X-Mansion while the other 2 engage SM far from his place of attack. Not to mention even if SM flys into space X can still use Cerebro and get him there.

grey fox
Prof X doesn't have to be at the battle for him to use cerebro. He could be in the X-Mansion while the other 2 engage SM far from his place of attack. Not to mention even if SM flys into space X can still use Cerebro and get him there.

...and do what ?

I've already proven that it takes a huge amount of power and skill/time to even get close to using tp on supes. While Professor x is doing all this supes has just found his 'mansion' and set it aflame with his heat vison . Let's see him get to a fire-escape in his wheelchair evil face

GODSCRIBE
Now, tell me, could Loki at his best, PE Ikaris, High Evolutioanry and such level beings take on Superman, just answer that.

yes, they all can.

soleran30
...and do what ?

I've already proven that it takes a huge amount of power and skill/time to even get close to using tp on supes. While Professor x is doing all this supes has just found his 'mansion' and set it aflame with his heat vison . Let's see him get to a fire-escape in his wheelchair evil face

Why would he care Marvel Xmansion is even larger underneath the mansion itself. Not to mention there is still the fact Magneto and Apoc to slow him down.............................There isn't anyone in DC except jobber MM who has telepathy even remotly close to X. DC dislikes its use and keeps their people in the brawler arena...................Team 3 still pulls wins out.................................if X can tp PF supes is screwed. Maybe mags will give him a planetary stroke as well..................

TheKahn
...and do what ?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1738/06106zu.th.png

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9473/06120hb.th.png

Madvillain
bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.