Venom vs post-Other Spidey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
now that spider-man has obtained some major upgrades, how do you think he would fare against his arch-nemesis?

Marcus4600
One hell of a lot better than he used to. I say stalemate.

soleran30
He would spy on him from far far away with his new gadgets and record a home video of himsmile

Venom is just so much more ruthless then typical spiderman hmmmm not to mention the Symbiote can see everywhere at once and still grab him even if spiderman out manuvers him.

I would still vote for Venom

docb77
Hey Spidey's won without the power upgrades. Ben Reilly did anyway and they're the same powers. (I know clones are anathema, yada yada) I think his spidey sense might even work against venom now. If it doesn't no big change in the outcome of the battles compared to what we've seen in the past. (Except that venom'll be really surprised when he gets stabbed with the poisoned wrist stinger)

Sparkz
Well Spider-man will now be stronger than venom and that was realy venom's main advantage not to mention if he has the new suit it will have a tracking system so venom can't sneak up on him anymore, and the stingers will be a bit a suprise, If venom wasnt dead these upgrades could have turned him from 1 of his greatest enemys into, well the scorpian. Rember when he first apeard he had double all of spideys strength and speed and made him very dangerouse, now he's just a pushover.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sparkz
Well Spider-man will now be stronger than venom and that was realy venom's main advantage not to mention if he has the new suit it will have a tracking system so venom can't sneak up on him anymore, and the stingers will be a bit a suprise, If venom wasnt dead these upgrades could have turned him from 1 of his greatest enemys into, well the scorpian. Rember when he first apeard he had double all of spideys strength and speed and made him very dangerouse, now he's just a pushover.

Not really , i don't even think he had a strength boost after the initial 'Other' transformation. Only those 'claws' (their not goddamn stingers) , vibrational feelings through his webs (which he should be able to feel anyway What the f**k? ) and the ....ability to carry heavy things on his back.

Ok so 'The Other' sucked upgrade wise , but at least it killed off Morlun .

Marcus4600
^ Hopefully permanently. The Other did make his reflexes sick, and the same with his Spider-Sense, and the night vision. I guess the whole phylisophical meaning behind the saga (I was relieved when the writers said it was superhero phylosophy, rather than saying that Spidey was mystical) was that Spider-Man has been holding back his powers this whole time in his subconcious mind, and they just needed to burst out. I think, if anything, Venom would be very surprised at the fact that Spider-Man is a better fighter than he used to be (Cap's training) and he's got the stingers, which he'll make fun of Spidey for, but Spidey's new reflexes would really piss Brock off. It would be an amazing fight though.

bean_machine
Its all about cosmic spidey, but nothing beats good old school spidey.

Sparkz
Originally posted by grey fox
Not really , i don't even think he had a strength boost after the initial 'Other' transformation. Only those 'claws' (their not goddamn stingers) , vibrational feelings through his webs (which he should be able to feel anyway What the f**k? ) and the ....ability to carry heavy things on his back.

Ok so 'The Other' sucked upgrade wise , but at least it killed off Morlun .

No his strength was increased in the Dissassembled arc where he was turned into a spider and reborn and got the organic webbing etc

samishe
Originally posted by docb77
Hey Spidey's won without the power upgrades. Ben Reilly did anyway and they're the same powers. (I know clones are anathema, yada yada) I think his spidey sense might even work against venom now. If it doesn't no big change in the outcome of the battles compared to what we've seen in the past. (Except that venom'll be really surprised when he gets stabbed with the poisoned wrist stinger)

Not Spider-man, nor Railly ever outfought Venom.

docb77
Originally posted by samishe

Wrong, Venom was Ben Reilly's first "heroic" win. The writers of the time were trying to get people to buy into the idea of another spider-man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venom_%28comics%29

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Marcus4600
^ Hopefully permanently. The Other did make his reflexes sick, and the same with his Spider-Sense, and the night vision. I guess the whole phylisophical meaning behind the saga (I was relieved when the writers said it was superhero phylosophy, rather than saying that Spidey was mystical) was that Spider-Man has been holding back his powers this whole time in his subconcious mind, and they just needed to burst out. I think, if anything, Venom would be very surprised at the fact that Spider-Man is a better fighter than he used to be (Cap's training) and he's got the stingers, which he'll make fun of Spidey for, but Spidey's new reflexes would really piss Brock off. It would be an amazing fight though.

Mostly right, but the stingers were likely just temporary, since Parker grew out of the body that the stingers came out of. It was likely a necesity of the mutation and transformation, and now they're gone. Besides that, we haven't seen them since, nor have they been mentioned.

Still, between some even-more-heightened reflexes, his new bullet-proof Iron Spidey armor, some other random upgrades, both personally and because of his suit, and a mild strength upgrade (from a bit before The Other) I'd say he has a decent shot at Venom.

Kontraz
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Mostly right, but the stingers were likely just temporary, since Parker grew out of the body that the stingers came out of. It was likely a necesity of the mutation and transformation, and now they're gone. Besides that, we haven't seen them since, nor have they been mentioned.

Still, between some even-more-heightened reflexes, his new bullet-proof Iron Spidey armor, some other random upgrades, both personally and because of his suit, and a mild strength upgrade (from a bit before The Other) I'd say he has a decent shot at Venom.

actually... he is still using the stingers...

DigiMark007
Blah...that's the problem with the popular characters. I have a subscription to ASM, but that's one of maybe 3-4 consistent comics Spidey has. Straight up ridiculous.

Black Adam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Blah...that's the problem with the popular characters. I have a subscription to ASM, but that's one of maybe 3-4 consistent comics Spidey has. Straight up ridiculous.

The recent FN Spider-man was real good. They brought back Flash Thompson as a gym teacher at Petes school.

And Spider-man wrestling in a ring=Instant win

Wolverine2006
Spidey beats him normal, and would kill him with his new powers

Marcus4600
Actually, Spidey has never been able to beat Venom without some sort of trick. Here's proof for you doubters.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8940/venomfinale3p160kw.th.jpg

grey fox
Actually, Spidey has never been able to beat Venom without some sort of trick. Here's proof for you doubters.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8940/venomfinale3p160kw.th.jpg

Thats spidey punching venom and doing jack shit.

Fists do not help against venom . Fire or sonics people , FIRE OR SONICS !!!!

Marcus4600
Hell, Claws don't even work, as Wolverine had to learn.

grey fox
Hell, Claws don't even work, as Wolverine had to learn.

Meh , i found that crossover lacking , simply because the artwork really sucked.

Marcus4600
Well, the artwork with Wolverine was good, but the others made the characters look like they have Down Syndrome.

grey fox
Well, the artwork with Wolverine was good, but the others made the characters look like they have Down Syndrome.

Lol , no the others looked really out of proportion ( i can admit i can't draw for shit but then again I'm not the one drawing the comic) venom was like a pure muscle wall.....

Marcus4600
I think if they re-did the arc with a better artist, then it would be great. The story was solid. It's just the images. Blech. The fight between Ben Grimm and Venom should have happened different. Also, in that arc, they said Venom was powerful enough to destroy the world. I think he'd rather take it over. Here's an example from our friends at YTMND

http://venomcontrol.ytmnd.com/

grey fox
I think if they re-did the arc with a better artist, then it would be great. The story was solid. It's just the images. Blech. The fight between Ben Grimm and Venom should have happened different. Also, in that arc, they said Venom was powerful enough to destroy the world. I think he'd rather take it over. Here's an example from our friends at YTMND

http://venomcontrol.ytmnd.com/

Wolverine survived a nuke , how the hell is that story line goodness......unless your thinking of a different mini-series thing.

Marcus4600
Well, the Nuke part was kinda dumb, but that Deus Ex Nokia guy may have protected him with the cell phone.

grey fox
Well, the Nuke part was kinda dumb, but that Deus Ex Nokia guy may have protected him with the cell phone.

...and that part made jack shit sense ether 'ooh magic cellphone' aliens who get ripped in half . How many damn cliches can we pull at once.

Sparkz
Originally posted by samishe

The only time they have remotly out fought Venom is when Spider-man first fought him and forced him to use up his webbing supply and falling from the roof of the church he met the symbiote koing him, in a way thats outfighting him cause it isnt relying on weapons or tricks it was aslong as he could keep cutting the webline, but after that venom never had the trouble of running out of webing again, they prob thought it would make him to weak, and the only other time he has been "outfought" was when reily forcibly seperated them with his impact webbing, all the otgher times its been fire sonics fire sonics, and spider-man telling the symbiote he loves it lol.

docb77
Hey, I'd like to see some scans of it, but I'm sure I've heard that Venom was Ben Reilly's first big win when he came back to New York. Anyone seen that issue. I think he was still Scarlet Spider at the time.

-edit-

PS that scan would only apply to parker. Reily is a different guy, if comparable in almost every way.

Kontraz
Hey, I'd like to see some scans of it, but I'm sure I've heard that Venom was Ben Reilly's first big win when he came back to New York. Anyone seen that issue. I think he was still Scarlet Spider at the time.

-edit-

PS that scan would only apply to parker. Reily is a different guy, if comparable in almost every way.

yeah, ben reilly did beat venom to earn his first win in new york. HOWEVER, this was at a time when Venom and Spider-man still had a "truce"going on, where neither one would attack the other, so Venom didnt do anything until AFTER he was completely blind-sided by Ben and already getting his ass kicked

Sparkz

-edit-

Yeah it was a good fight Ben pretty much got his ass kicked untill he managed to get some impact webbing in his mouth

docb77
He won didn't he?

Sparkz
He won didn't he?

Basicly he tried to fight him got slashed by venom in the gut, almost did of bloodloss went back after him howed off his impact webbing, then Shot some impact webbing forcably removing the Symbiote and brock apart as the webbing expands inside the suit, then with each seperated he knocked them both out.

VENOMS_SPAWN
does spidy have sonics, or fire? no. venom will just rip spidy to shreds like he always does...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.