Wrighting Fantasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rick01666
Hello i am currently in planing stage of a fantasy book i wont to right i was wondering if any 1 knows of any book planner stuff on the net like to help organise cuz im constantly forgetting stuff i have a basic outline (so far 3 and a half pages long) its really basic no detail what so eva except the important things i can post a bit of it if u wont some time soon and maybe part of the 1st chapter ill be starting that maybe tonight any way let me no if u know of any thing that can help me

rick01666
sorry had an exam at tafe will post some time this week (if any body cares)

Azure
I want to wrie a fantasy book too, and by way of planning and getting things done, what you could do is get a box, and write all your ideas in it. make sure you put alot, trust me it will be easier. after that, get an envolope and every day, try to put at least 300 words. I met a fantasy author before, in was the lady who wrote Magik, I think her name was Angie Sage, I spoke with her in person.

curtmister
i want to write my own fantasy book ive got it planned but my exams have got in the way

Azure
well Curtmister, you are very helpful

rick01666
well ive pritty much finnished the plot ill prob post that sometime soon maybe today if i get bored

Morgoths_Wrath

curtmister
u should find a literal agent and go to a publisher

Council#13
Another thing (dont take this the wrong way please)

Spellcheck or at least spell the words with the letter mixed up a little or missing a letter or two

rick01666
bin really busy re-read my plot last night and i have to change quite a few things so maybe tomoz night should have the genral plot

rick01666

rick01666
might start wrighting 1st chapter tonight dont have to get up early so i might get a good bit done

rick01666
oh and thanks for that stuff haven had tome to look yet but i will do

Azure
what world is it set in? You said it was fantasy, it could use a slight touch of magic spells

curtmister
im starting the 1st chapter but my book i need a lot of research like the da vinci code

rick01666
its gonna have magic in it and dwafs and elves im toying with the idea that the dwafs make him some amour or give him some for helping them out and the elves give him a sword but in a battle it gets a crack and some thing happens and it makes me way stronger and he tells him he can also teach him magic but only attack or defence or healing

curtmister
thats sounds a lot like the inheritance troilgy by chirstopher poalini

rick01666
no cuz in the inheritance troilgy he can learn all sorts of magic its not definate with elves and dwafs though he dose get a dragon late in the book

curtmister
but you get done for copyright try to come up with an original plot

rick01666
it is orginal there aint no special anchient words u have to use and the dragon isnt his first bond/packt animal dragons r infact extinnt completly till the end of the bookish

Council#13
hey rick! good luck!

rick01666
i have 4 and a half pages of chapter 1 written i will try and post tonight or definatly buy tomorrow

rick01666
it is quite boring though so dont get ur hopes up

Azure
it sounds like it is coming together.

curtmister
ive finished my chapter 1 i need to type it up on computer now

rick01666
im about to post more of my plot should be up in 45 mins

rick01666

Azure
it would kinda help if you had put punctuation marks in there

rick01666
im not up to that part yet im just trying to get my ideas out of my head

rick01666
wont be posting for a long time

Azure
um...ok?

rick01666
sorry only had like 10 seconds to come on here and post that i have 4 tafe exams coming up and 2 practicle exams i have to cook a 3 course meal from scratch pluss start and get everything ready for easter dinner :-(

curtmister
do u want to be a chef

rick01666
yep im gonna be australias version of jamie oliva
lol

curtmister
ive met jamie oliver before he came to our school once to talk about healthy food

Azure
who is Jamie Oliver?

rick01666
the english chef

curtmister
one of the greastest english chefs

curtmister
im on chapter 2 of my book

rick01666
lol im still on plot but im constantly wrighting stuff then waking up in thew morning and think no thats just pathetic and crossing ti out

curtmister
u know what u should do i plan each chapter fopr about three days and write it in 4 days i do a chapter each week

Azure
Originally posted by rick01666
lol im still on plot but im constantly wrighting stuff then waking up in thew morning and think no thats just pathetic and crossing ti out I know what you mean, luckly I am not writing my book alone, so I it dies not sound lame, my grandma wont let me delete it (my grandma is writing it with me, she's the only person who wants to write a book, and still has a fantasy imagination)

rick01666
im to busy to write a chanpter a week maybe 1 a munth lol

curtmister
how long do u want the boo to be

Azure
you guys (at least I think rik01666 is a guy) need to take typing lessons, no offense, but it is terrible!

rick01666
im a guy and im not taking typing lessons i dont have time lol u should see my hand wrighting lol its shit house its gonna take me like a year to edit my book when its finnished im hoping for book 1 around 600 pages or so maybe more prob write 3 or 4 books in the series my main dude is gonna meet up with a few other people and make a like a fellowship(couldnt think of a better owrd but its gonna be nothing like the lord of the rings) and at the ebd of book 1 i might send em all on there own way and write a book about each of them seperatly sorta thing i was wondering if any of u no any programs i can use to design a world i wont to make like an entire world my main character is gonna get a horse and a dragon in the book but my dragon is gonna be a massive thing its just gonna be like about the size of a big dog/small horse it can breath fire and stuff and atack in battles and is really strong but u carnt ride it its good for carrying msg's in a battle cuz its quick sorta thing what do u recon?????????

curtmister
but if u write a chapter a month you can only write 12 chapters a year that would take u years to write if the first book is 600 pages

curtmister
and azure i dont spell propely because i cant be bothered sometimes

rick01666
oh ill right most of it in one go prob towards end of the year when its all planned

curtmister
i wann a finish mine between now and august ive found three publishing companies that take unsolisticed manuscripts that means i don't need a literaray agent because they take 15-20% of what money you make

Azure
Originally posted by rick01666
im a guy and im not taking typing lessons i dont have time lol u should see my hand wrighting lol its shit house its gonna take me like a year to edit my book when its finnished im hoping for book 1 around 600 pages or so maybe more prob write 3 or 4 books in the series my main dude is gonna meet up with a few other people and make a like a fellowship(couldnt think of a better owrd but its gonna be nothing like the lord of the rings) and at the ebd of book 1 i might send em all on there own way and write a book about each of them seperatly sorta thing i was wondering if any of u no any programs i can use to design a world i wont to make like an entire world my main character is gonna get a horse and a dragon in the book but my dragon is gonna be a massive thing its just gonna be like about the size of a big dog/small horse it can breath fire and stuff and atack in battles and is really strong but u carnt ride it its good for carrying msg's in a battle cuz its quick sorta thing what do u recon????????? I do know one good program (at least I think that is what you said) and it is called (drum roll please) your IMAGINATION big grin my world is based on everthing that goes on in my mind, and for a name, you could do something like word scramble. for example EARTH RAETH or something like that (you cant name it EVEZUM, because that is what my world is going to be called) that is what I did for my world.

curtmister
mine is going to be set in england but it not a fantasy its like a real life but with a bity of fiction but my troligy is going to but fantasy

Azure
Mine is set in kind of a mideavil/middle earth/deltora/krynn

curtmister
how far r u into it im starting chapter 3

Azure
I am still improving chapter one, because the disscussions arnt long enough, and it is hard to for my grandma and I to get together.

rick01666

curtmister
is that the first book of thew troilgy or is going to be a chronical like narnia where diffenert chartars are in the same land

curtmister
i think it has a lot of potential

curtmister
but the mistake you made was posting it because someone could take your idea and make i into a book now tha theyve no what the plot is

curtmister
plus u havent got it copyrighted so u cant sue them or anyhting no one nos my plot im keeping it secret till its published

rick01666
when i finnish the plot im getting it copy wrighted

curtmister
u better hurry up then lol u never no how many good writers could have read it

rick01666
what r u trying to say im not a good writer.......??????????

lol

Azure
I was going to post the first few pages of my book a ling time ago, but then my grandmother said we have to keep it secret, even from my friends. It sounds really good.

curtmister
when do u think you will be finished yuor book azure

Azure
??? no idea...

rick01666
am i gonna get some feed back about wether i should bring aries back or introduce a new hero
?????????????????????????????

Azure
I think you should keep Aries, it is a pretty name. (you asked two people, and one was a woman...what do you expect?)

rick01666
lol aries it is im not sure how to bring him back the way im thinking of is a bit tacky it would mean some one needs to go to the battle field and bring aries bones/body back to the temple so the gods (having time to be able to bless some 1 would be able to bring him back) allthought this would mean aries is still only a normal person the gods not having the power to bless him with good and bring him back from the dead

rick01666
well nice to see ur all jumping up and offering ur opiniuns lol

rick01666
dose any 1 come here any more?

curtmister
soz i anit been on for a long time

Azure
smile

my pets say hiwink

masterkit
I really like the sound of your book and it would be somtin i would buy and i think u should keep aries. I am writing a book but its not medival.

big grin

(i like it here)group

Bardock42
Looking at the first few posts does anybody else think that people that lack the ability to spell "write" should really not write about anything?

masterkit
well when they are actually writing the book they probaly write correctly. Like when i write i write correctly and dont just use a u or a y

Azure
??? What? Did I spell write wrong?

Ohh, get it? Write, wrong? as in Right Wrong?

I am terrible at humor...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Azure
??? What? Did I spell write wrong?

Ohh, get it? Write, wrong? as in Right Wrong?

I am terrible at humor...

Well, I see potential...just practice some more.

Originally posted by masterkit
well when they are actually writing the book they probaly write correctly. Like when i write i write correctly and dont just use a u or a y

But why? Why write stupidly on the Internet? I doubt people can just switch. I'm sure Hemingway never used "y" instead of "why".

masterkit
i can just switch and where not typing stupidly maybe its just to make it more simple. and i dont see why its such a big problem!

Bardock42
Originally posted by masterkit
i can just switch and where not typing stupidly maybe its just to make it more simple. and i dont see why its such a big problem!

It looks stupid. But wouldn't you (considering you actually do write) want to practice by not typing "simpler" a.k.a. "more stupid".

masterkit
-_-

Azure
I think people use a "u" for you and that stuff, because it is like text messaging (I never had a cell phonesad) and it saves time...

masterkit
i dont have a cell phone but i dont kno i just dont type it fully

rick01666
stop winging about how we spell lol when i am wrigting the storie down in my book i do my best with spelling and gramer howeva having recived a "non-submit" for english at the end of my schooling years 6 munths ago its not really that great and i carnt spell for shit but i re read every page 2-3 times and fix eveything up sorry i haven posted in ages have bin working 7 days a week split shifts so i start at about 11 work till 3 start at 6 finnish at 11 and when im not working im sleeping reading or wrighting just finnished dragons of a summer something in the dragonlance books its the 8th 1 well as allways i have to head of to work not much on tonight hence me be able to post cuz i dont have to go in so early will try to get a new post up from my book soon but dont hold me to it well catch ya round like a rissole any 1 who has some ideas for my book i wont to bring magic into it but im not sure how post on here or even better email me on this website or my hotmail [email protected]

rick01666
thats underscores between devil and the 6666 and then again after the 6666 1 underscore each side lol

Azure
I hardly understood a word of that...did anyone else get any of that? What was that book? Dragons of a Summer...Flame? If you read Dragonlance, stop by the Dragonlance forums...

masterkit
im confused too. O.O

Azure
Oh, good, I thought it was just me...

does anyone know where I could go to see about getting my boook published?

curtmister
have you finished it

Azure
what, my book? no not yet, but my grandmother and I have gotten really far on it, only now we just have to think of an ending, and we have so many ideas that we might have to do a second book.

curtmister
whats it about or cant you tell me

Azure
I'll have to PM you...

masterkit
PM me too

u say its really good and i bet it is

so pease tell me

Azure
I just sent it, I hope you find it...interesting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.