New Avengers #17... (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Finally. Finally we get to see more of Alpha Flight vs. The Collective.

An entire panel.

no expression

Bah! And no word their status post Collective. Bah i say!

But yeah, otherwise i enjoyed this issue alot more than the last. I always thought that Cage's speech about wanting the Avengers to do things differently when he joined would just be forgotten about. It's nice to see things like that followed up.

I almost thought that Bendis wasn't going to include Sentry in this fight and explain it away with him having a bad day. That would be extremely annoying. But it does look like he'll show up. Though with Carol going all Binary, maybe he won't have to.

So yeah, good issue IMO.

Murda Mase
I hate Ms. Marvel.

Shes trying to steal the lime light from Jessica.

Marcus4600
Scans?

King_Mungi
1. http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=1265&start=0

Marcus4600
Canadians hate Brian Micheal Bendis.

How are they gonna fight that thing? What's Wolverine gonna do? Job it to death?

King_Mungi
"Damn...is that Alpha Flight?" Wow it's not like you have any sort of connection to them or anything

grey fox
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Canadians hate Brian Micheal Bendis.

How are they gonna fight that thing? What's Wolverine gonna do? Job it to death?

They might as well call surfer in to deal with it....

King_Mungi
I have a feeling Cap's shield will save the day.

aton_ra
Originally posted by Murda Mase
I hate Ms. Marvel.

Jess lost the spotlight after Finch stopped drawing her breasts at Jotunheim giantess level.

Thor fans will know what i mean wink

Marcus4600
Originally posted by aton_ra
Jess lost the spotlight after Finch stopped drawing her breasts at Jotunheim giantess level.

Thor fans will know what i mean wink

yes

Gotta love the "We're f*cked" look on Wolverine's face. Maybe if Spider-Woman called it B*tchcakes like she did to Jessica Jones.

King_Mungi
Sooooo....why wasn't Wolverine upset about his foster parents getting their teeth kicked in?

Marcus4600
He looks pretty upset in the second pic.

King_Mungi

All he did was breifly put his hand on his face and like the next page he is cracking jokes about cutting Daisy Johnson's nose off.

Black Adam
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Sooooo....why wasn't Wolverine upset about his foster parents getting their teeth kicked in?

Bendis ignored it in order to tell other parts of the story...

Bendis forgot they were so close...

Bendis can't get characterization right for anyone other then DD or Luke cage. .

Pick one mungi.....

me I'm thinking a mixture of choice one and three

Marcus4600
There any more scans?

aton_ra

He looked pretty shocked when he saw Alpha flight (this is not something usual for Wolverine) and he looked like he wa sbaout to cry in the second image.

Disappear
he should've looked ready to kill the mother doing what it was doing to the AF. when did logan become an inquisitive pussy?

at least that was my first reaction after seeing those panels.

thesilverspider
So he has something to do with korvac or that was just Ironman assuming.......

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King_Mungi
"Damn...is that Alpha Flight?" Wow it's not like you have any sort of connection to them or anything Yeah, that line pissed me off aswell. Well, not so much the line, just that it was the only reaction Wolverine had to seeing some of his closest friends being beaten to death.

Validus
Maybe he knew they were just temporal corporal bodies or whatever the heck its called. big grin

King_Mungi
temporal copies....and I'm boosed right now smile

grey fox
Meh, isn't that energy thing Vulcan ?

Marcus4600
Nope. Vulcan's actually a real mutant.

ScarletSpider
As for Korvac, I think that was just Iron Man assuming. I don't see how Korvac could be tied into HOM.

I thought this issue was okay. Could have gone without half of it being Luke Cage standing on a soap box.

As for Ms. Marvel stealing Spider Woman's thunder, well they both have ongoings, and what could Drew really have done against this Collective thing?

Rewmac
Stupid Ms. Marvel big grinbig grin Why does she doing things she doesn't have clue on???? Arrrgghhh....

aton_ra
Originally posted by Rewmac
Stupid Ms. Marvel big grinbig grin Why does she doing things she doesn't have clue on???? Arrrgghhh....
because she has always been known to try too hard and being a showoff.

grey fox
Nope. Vulcan's actually a real mutant.

Is he actually canonical , because if he is then the writers are definitely on crack....

Black Adam
Originally posted by grey fox
Is he actually canonical , because if he is then the writers are definitely on crack....

He's The third summers brother. The youngest one i believe. And yeah he is in cannon. i think I heard Brubaker is going to have him show up when he starts writing uncanny. And he has said that deadly Genesis ties into his uncanny arc.

DarkCrawler
So, any ideas who the Collective might be?

willRules
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So, any ideas who the Collective might be?

My moneys on Aunt May

DarkCrawler
I think it's Namor. yes

Why?! My word should be enough for you, sniveling worms!!!

Maestro
If its Namor, wouldn't that be a first for him?

Being in more than 1 comic at a time rolling on floor laughing

evil face

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Murda Mase
I hate Ms. Marvel.

Er, How?

Also, it's nice to see Ms.Marvel taking an active role.

I wonder how many other past Avengers are getting brought back?

Marcus4600
coughTHORcough.

Validus
I just read this issue. Best part of it was Cage's "Impact Super-Hero" business. That was pretty cool.

Marcus4600
More scans!

Black Adam
yeah more scans!!

I heard there was a lot of Bendis speak in this issue.

Never really like that type of dialogue.
But i do what to see that speech cage gave...

Sir Whirlysplat
I think it's the runner and not the Collective, hint his half running /half flying. Can't remember what page this is said on. Lots of mention of speeds. This is the runner and strangely he's not happy!!! I could be rong though confused

Rewmac
Here are some scans from it...This comic worth to be bought....

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/060326/page03_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/060326/page10_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/060326/page12_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/060326/page16_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/060326/page18-19_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Marcus4600
Rewmac, thou art a blessing to my life.

I don't have enough money to buy comics. sad

Marcus4600
got to read it. I now have a newfound respect for Tony Stark's tact and Luke Cage's life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.