When the hell did Fender get so expensive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I have been looking at buying some things from them:

My wish list
Particulary a
1) Fender jazz bass fretless
2) Fender jazz bass 5 string
3) Fender precesion bass
4) Fender Jazz bass 4 string
5) Fender stratocaster guitar

Maybe I am out of loop, but since when did a Mexico made Fender Precesion bass cost around $500? And a korea fretless jazz around $400?

From my recalection you could get a fender mexico P-bass couple years ago for around $350

American made forget it! In the $1000's

Since when did they think that an American Standard P-bass was in the same category as Warwick, Tobias, and Alembic?

Victor Von Doom
The pricing is the same as ever here, taking inflation to account obviously.

badAssSoadFan13
1000 is a little expensive for a fender

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by badAssSoadFan13
1000 is a little expensive for a fender

Uh..... Yeah sad

Darth Revan
My American-made Tele was $500 used, perfect condition though.

I don't know much about basses, but maybe look for a used one?

chops
Yes there newest one (someones signature bass) is about 2000 pounds.

Darth Jello
you think you have it bad? I'm left-handed. $750 for a japanese made Fender Mustang. $1200 for a jazzmaster.
That's gouging almost as bad as gibson who routinely sell leftys with a 400% markup.

To continue my bitching, the guitar i play now is an indonesian made squire strat which I bought new for $400 for (again, lefty). The tone switches weren't wired at all, the pickups are weaker than on any fender model, the neck came cracked, and the hole for the trem is so wide than no fender trem arm, right or lefty, fits into it. Also the bridge is so shitty that all the strings buzz no matter what you do with the action.
at this point, would a defamation lawsuit be justified?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.